Game Specific Mechanics added to certain characters?

Jedi

Now something Warriors Orochi did with its Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors casts is that it gave them both their unique feels of how they did Musou (super attacks, their gauges actually had differing mechanics), how they used horses and some other minor details.

While this is highly unlikely, how would you feel if they added, lets just say we have Eirika in Warriors (I doubt it, but who knows) and shes using a light weapon and happens to be facing Zombie like foes, since her game had "Slayer" in it, despite it being a bishop skill, she'd be able to just effortlessly clean the clocks of foes like that. 

Say Leif is in, some of the key mechanics in his game was dismount and capture, what if he has two really powerful movesets, one mounted and one dismounted, but he can freely switch between them (because warriors games outside DW & SW don't seem to like giving you mounts), unless indoors then he's forced off, but he also would have a higher weapon drop rate because capture existed in his game?

It sounds dumb i'm sure, but I was just thinking about this and decided to share it.

I can see characters from awakening getting a moral boost when fighting next to an ally.

otherwise there isnt really much one can do with game specific abilities.

Similar to your example with Eirika, it's possible for Marth, Chrom, or Lucina to be effective against dragons if they have the Falchion equipped.

I can see any mage being able to build a meter of some sort and then once that meter is filled something can happen.  Maybe the element they're most efficient with or just their element in general can surround them for a duration of time and damage enemies around them similar to Sheik in Hyrule Warriors or Sun Shangxiang in Warriors Orochi with her flaming chakrams.

A really cool R1, or whatever the equivalent of it could be, I could see happening is if there is an FE6-8 knight or general playable, the can launch their weapon at an enemy and pull them in.  Hopefully in a similar animation as the knights/generals in those games since they have chains attached to their weapons when attacking at a range.

Speaking of R1 skills and attacks, I could imagine Hector doing a battle cry to do an AOE attack or maybe an attack boost.

All of those are very good examples, and YES someone else wants the GBA general chain weapons and not just me haha. 

If Tanith was somehow in this game I wouldn't put it past them to have her send in a squad of Pegasus for her musou lol.

The chains on the knights/generals is what made me really want to have them attack by at a distance.  That and also the shield off of their chest.

A squad of Pegasus Knights would be really cool and fitting.  And since Warrior games are usually over the top.  If Sanaki makes it in somehow, I basically wanna see her summon a giant ball of fire, or in my imagination the sun, and drop it on her enemies as her musou.

And to also take a couple of pages from Fate/Extella, maybe it could be possible to have usable items.  Vulnerary, Elixir, maybe even some Tonics for temporary stat boosts.

In Dynasty Warriors 9, certain weapon types had an advantage or disadvantage against a particular officer. Once you hit that person enough times if you have the advantageous weapon, you can cause a flurry rush. If you have the disadvantageous weapon, changing your weapon right before the enemy hits you will set off a counter and stun them. I can see this same function being used for the weapon triangle.

On 3/16/2017 at 0:39 AM, SHSL Ninja said:

The chains on the knights/generals is what made me really want to have them attack by at a distance.  That and also the shield off of their chest.

A squad of Pegasus Knights would be really cool and fitting.  And since Warrior games are usually over the top.  If Sanaki makes it in somehow, I basically wanna see her summon a giant ball of fire, or in my imagination the sun, and drop it on her enemies as her musou.

And to also take a couple of pages from Fate/Extella, maybe it could be possible to have usable items.  Vulnerary, Elixir, maybe even some Tonics for temporary stat boosts.

So maybe something like this for Sanaki (second girl)

Spoiler

Edited by Dandy Druid

9 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

In Dynasty Warriors 9, certain weapon types had an advantage or disadvantage against a particular officer. Once you hit that person enough times if you have the advantageous weapon, you can cause a flurry rush. If you have the disadvantageous weapon, changing your weapon right before the enemy hits you will set off a counter and stun them. I can see this same function being used for the weapon triangle.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm well aware, and have mentioned this several times in other threads, good for those who haven't seen it yet though. Bit of a typo there, you mean 8 :P:

Edited by Jedi

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'm well aware, and have mentioned this several times in other threads, good for those who haven't seen it yet though. Bit of a typo there, you mean 8 :P:

Yeah I was expecting someone to call me out on it being 8 instead of 9, but I was just editing my comment 2 times already about the video thing and I didn't feel like changing it again. So it's staying. At least DW9 is in development.

And then I went through the other threads in this forum (this ain't my typical neighborhood) and noticed you mentioned it already. So you beat me to the punch.

#L'ArachelOrBUST

19 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah probably something like that for Sanaki, except more sun looking.  Xiaoqiao's will look smaller by comparison with what I have in mind for Sanaki.