Echoes Short Dungeon Pax East Videos

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the videos shows that critical cuts in are back, shown by the horizontal cut in of Lukas vs Revenant. Action menu also shows B. Magic probably black magic and a provisions option which may be new? Kamui in the level up video also has brown hair and a hat or headband.

Just now, SonPancham said:

One of the videos shows that critical cuts in are back, shown by the horizontal cut in of Lukas vs Revenant. Action menu also shows B. Magic probably black magic and a provisions option which may be new? Kamui in the level up video also has brown hair and a hat or headband.

Yeah i'm noticing each character seems to have food equipped, Alm gets some bread in the other videos when he busts up some boxes.

didn't really pay close attention, but looks like seraphim (angel) is slightly modified: 7 attack (-1 down from 8). everything else looks the same, i think?

Edited by mungbean

Some information gathered from these videos:

• The mysterious Effy is localised as Faye, while Kamui, Leon, Valbar, Lukas, Mae, Genny and Boey are all confirmed for their English names. Also Grieth by way of some brigands being members of the "Grieth's Army" faction. Kamui also has a mysterious icon next to his name, very curious. Other localisations include Alm's class staying as Fighter, Celica's Angel spell as Seraphim, Illusion is called Invoke, and what appears to be a Sorcerer is now called an Arcanist, using a Miasma spell. Also "Food" is now "Provisions" and only Celica can access it of her party - though everyone else can access their "equipped" Food via the Items option, I'd wager, since Items only appeared in those that had it - along with the Convoy. Since we first saw the "Food" option from Alm, obviously our main lords are hoarding all the good stuff.
  • Support Stuff: We see Valbar has one with Kamui, and Celica and Mae, while they don't have one yet, appear to be growing one, with Awakening/Fates-style glowing animations (same sound cue) appearing after they each engages in combat in range of the other. Curiously, Valbar and Kamui do not have the same thing appear despite having the support already; does this indicate that they're at a top level support? Or maybe you have to assign who to build supports with, like Radiant Dawn but not every character with every character, but after you're done building a level you can switch to someone else to build with while still maintaining the support bonus... No complaints either way.
  • In my last speculation post I'd figured that the six little squares underneath the Terrain Bonus number meant it would either be a variable gauge, or just a visual guide with the number of squares being filled as corresponds with the Avoid bonus - tada, it's the latter, as Forest has a 40 Avoid and four squares filled.
  • Weapons/Accessories: Saber's got a Golden Dagger (+1 ATK), Alm an Iron Sword (+2 ATK), Genny a Leather Shield (+3 DEF), Kamui a Steel Sword (+4 ATK, -1 SPD) and Lukas and Iron Lance (+2 ATK). Food items: Holey Cheese, Drinking Water, Hard Bread, Dried Meat, Bread and Orange. Appears that enemies can drop silver or gold, the former of which is used in the forging of weapons. So, y'know, forging confirmed.
  • The Little Things: Alm's sword glinting at the start of the battle was fun. Fully voiced dialogue finally hit me what with Alm's little monologue and Mae's level up text (Side note: Mae. Goddamn amazing all over.). Dungeons appear to have lots of stuff to smash, and Alm can even dash into them. Dat Mila's Divine Protection remix. The amount of question marks in unlearned skills/attributes is varied; some long ??????? while Genny had a ???? and Kamui a ?????; also since they don't show up in any character not with an equipped weapon/accessory, they're linked to the weapon/accessory's growth. Intriguing thing called a "Turnwheel" appearing in the menu sandwiched between the usual "Units" and "Tactics". Three-ranged archery has a little zoom in effect as the arrow hits. Again, Mae. Everything.

So damn hyped.

Edited by MattOfValentia

Ok, officially hyped for this game. I was always kidding myself with the "cautiously optimistic" schtick anyway. My only hope now is that the supports aren't super generic Radiant Dawn-style, or that conversations will exist in the first place, but gameplay-wise, with all the quality of life stuff, it seems like I'll finally be able to enjoy playing Gaiden. 

Gotta say, the more I see, the more I like what I am seeing. It also seems they went all out with the voice acting, even voicing level ups and Alm's little "Dungeon Monologue" describing the history of the catacombs.

However, it does seem I will have to get used to the different style of actual strategy. With ranged weapons being different compared to the Fire Emblems I am used to, I am not sure how to best maneuver my troops around. Hopefully the tutorial levels or the in-game guide can teach me some tactics...

14 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I also saw Famitsu put up a preview of what is assumedly their new edition

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201703/14128942.html

unfortunately the image is hard to make out so I'll leave it outside of a new topic for now until better quality is available

Awesome. Do we know when the next Famitsu will be released? 

The game looks and sounds fantastic. I'm a bit worried about Nosferatu being 60 hit and the seemingly low growths, but we've seen too little to jump to any conclusions.

Lol this makes the gamefaqs argument from a couple days ago over whether or not Genny was a loli all the funnier.
Saber sounds like Jade Curtis Kurt Thornton. And Celica is definitely Laura Bailey.