Echoes Short Dungeon Pax East Videos

The hype is just uhhhhhhhh....

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but I think Mae is voiced by Cherami Leigh, which makes me love her even more since I'm a big Cherami fan (The only reason I watched SAO tbh).

I'm so happy with all they seemed to have added, I love Effie is now Faye cause that is a beautiful name alongside her awesome design and ur mer gerd Nosferatu has 60 hit and not 50 praise Mila!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shouldn't necessarily be the case that growth rates are entirely unchanged, but it would make sense that they would be very similar to the original game's given how it's a faithful remake and all. We should get a definitive answer on that around the game's Japanese release next month when someone will inevitably investigate it under the hood.

13 minutes ago, Prince of Iris said:

It shouldn't necessarily be the case that growth rates are entirely unchanged, but it would make sense that they would be very similar to the original game's given how it's a faithful remake and all. We should get a definitive answer on that around the game's Japanese release next month when someone will inevitably investigate it under the hood.

Please don't be encrypted like in New Mystery and Awakening. That's all I'm asking.

I am absolutely in love with this game.

I love how IS decided to use some WORLD-BUILDING in their plot. Great work! I am so excited. I have some issues with the voice acting, but I can always turn the voices off, so no big deal. I am disappointed that Boey is complete garbage (6 speed!?!!?).Perhaps I can feed him speed stat boosters. I am also a bit disappointed that unit portrait changes won't be a thing. When will IS implement that? I am so tired of having units' battle models not match their portraits. 

Also, the "Turn Wheel" mechanic is ripped strait from the Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together remake. In that game you could undo your turns with the Chariot Tarot. I probably will refrain from using it, but it's still interesting nonetheless. 

The battle animations are the best we've ever seen. They are fluid, organic, and fast. I love it!

Overall, this may turn out to be the best Fire Emblem game yet. Please, PLEASE don't disappoint me. 

Edited by Leif

I'm not sure if I like the characters having voiced lines when selecting them on maps. It kinda works in Heroes, because clearing a map takes very little time and at most you're using only four units. I've been so glad the 3DS FEs not having this feature - not because I wouldn't like the voice acting, far from it. I just feel like it could get tedious to listen to with more units and larger maps. I know I select characters over and over again when thinking where to move them next... Watching these videos made me feel a bit disappointed, but this clip gives me hope those selecting quotes are not constant in SoV.

Everything else looks and sounds great though! I glad to have another character designer. I love Kozaki's art, but one of the things I like about this series are all the different art styles, so I'm all for having Hidari on board. The enemy units have amazing portraits.

The dodging animations are pretty sweet and I liked Alm's narration at the dungeon entrance.

I'm just so glad to get one more FE like this for 3DS. (and it comes out just when my on-the-job learning ends, how nice is that)

I noticed that Valbar got doubled despite his enemy only having two speed more than him. Does this mean that whoever is faster automatically doubles regardless of the actual difference in speed, just like in Gaiden? I'm not sure if I like that.

The list on the right side of the stat screen seems to include both passive skills and spells. I wonder if food is some kind of equipable healing item.

It's great that Alm is actually telling the player about the Deliverance Hideout while we're exploring. Not only is it worldbuilding, but usually in Fire Emblem you have some other character explain things either for the protagonist or the avatar. Here, Alm shows that he already possesses that knowledge, as a denizen of his country should, and explains it for the player's benefit. It might be a bit strange for him to go off on a monologue, and sure, Alm is a country boy, but hey, it's all good.

They've also started writing small descriptions of the places you visit on the world map, as evidenced by the Gamespot info we got earlier, which gives me hope that Intelligent Systems heard the complaints about the lackluster worldbuilding in Awakening and Fates.

48 minutes ago, SciresM said:

If they're encrypted in SoV, I will figure out how to decrypt them.

Your work is appreciated.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

I am disappointed that Boey is complete garbage (6 speed!?!!?).Perhaps I can feed him speed stat boosters.

Boey was unfortunately relegated to being immediately outclassed in Gaiden by Mae, who straight up mocks him in-game for only knowing the Fire spell at base. The most you could do is if the Lion Head statue bonuses are back in which you can assign permanent stat boosts, the first one in Celica's route is before you fight anyone and a choice between Strength and Speed. You could give Boey +3 Speed if you wanted to. Not sure how the food bonuses work, but perhaps also that.

Edited by Tryhard

44 minutes ago, Thane said:

It's great that Alm is actually telling the player about the Deliverance Hideout while we're exploring. Not only is it worldbuilding, but usually in Fire Emblem you have some other character explain things either for the protagonist or the avatar. Here, Alm shows that he already possesses that knowledge, as a denizen of his country should, and explains it for the player's benefit. It might be a bit strange for him to go off on a monologue, and sure, Alm is a country boy, but hey, it's all good.

They've also started writing small descriptions of the places you visit on the world map, as evidenced by the Gamespot info we got earlier, which gives me hope that Intelligent Systems heard the complaints about the lackluster worldbuilding in Awakening and Fates.

I mean, you could argue that Mycen decided to give him some lessons regarding the Kingdom of Zofia(which he would know very well, since - if I remember correctly - Luka also says the he was called "Zofia's hero", even if the game never explains why he had such a title to begin with), but yeah, I agree: It's really nice to have some world buildings in a Fire Emblem game, especially after Fates.

Anyway, they were really serious when they said that there would be full voice acting, which I honestly don't mind at all! In particular because It seeems to be good so far(altough we only saw only a fragment of it)

Edited by The Malign Knight

Mae's definitely Cherami Leigh. Kamui sounds a lot like Bryce Papenbrook, though I'm not 100% on that. I'm kind of digging Alm's voice. It's not my ideal choice (that would be Sean Chiplock), but it's not bad.

I also love the amount of effort they seem to be putting into fleshing out the lore. Alm's little monologue, while sounding a bit out-of-nowhere, was a nice touch.

16 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Finally got round to doing an analysis.

Hope it's helpful ^^

She has a Bread (a downgrade from Hard Bread–or maybe an upgrade depending on your perspective)

Asking the important questions. Hard bread is better with scrambled eggs though, so definitely a downgrade.

Seriously though, good work as always. I'm very interested to see if you do learn skills from using a weapon (or even a shield).

Is it time to fix Alm's name on the growth page for Gaiden yet? Hasn't his name been confirmed to be Alm for four years now?

14 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

ya beat me to the punch, I've been working on mine since late last night

Hey, you're always welcome to continue! Who knows, I may have missed a few things that somebody else might notice.

I did want to comment about characters having voices when you select them to move ala Heroes, but I figured it was too obvious to talk about.

23 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Hey, you're always welcome to continue! Who knows, I may have missed a few things that somebody else might notice.

I did want to comment about characters having voices when you select them to move ala Heroes, but I figured it was too obvious to talk about.

I did notice that the game had some loading issues, as when the maps started not all of the characters appear on the map at the same time, and theres some lag when it loads 

Just now, Captain Karnage said:

I did notice that the game had some loading issues, as when the maps started not all of the characters appear on the map at the same time, and theres some lag when it loads 

Might be fixed by the time the game is actually finished, but it is slightly noticeable. 

So my one question now is.

If this is Kamui:

echoes-paxe-020.jpg

Then who is this? Since everyone thought it was him and well he does not have a headband also his hair is too short to be Leon's. (sorry for blurry image)

17273954_1257979634255378_1091089069_o.j

You know the second after I posted this I realized it might be Lukas and I am dumb.

Edited by Sarahtoga104

8 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

6 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Might be fixed by the time the game is actually finished, but it is slightly noticeable. 

That was the case with Fates at E3, right? They are probably playing unoptimised debug versions. I wouldn't be surprised if they had random crashes as well.

5 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

That was the case with Fates at E3, right? They are probably playing unoptimised debug versions. I wouldn't be surprised if they had random crashes as well.

it should be expected that Fates ran like that at E3 because that game was more than 6 months away from releasing in the states, while Echos is releasing in less than 2 months internationally has me more concerned

Edited by Captain Karnage