Echoes Short Dungeon Pax East Videos

4 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

it should be expected that Fates ran like that at E3 because that game was more than 6 months away from releasing in the states, while Echos is releasing in less than 2 months internationally has me more concerned

Likely won't be an issue on the n3ds.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Sarahtoga104 said:

Then who is this? Since everyone thought it was him and well he does not have a headband also his hair is too short to be Leon's. (sorry for blurry image)

Reveal hidden contents

17273954_1257979634255378_1091089069_o.j

You know the second after I posted this I realized it might be Lukas and I am dumb.

That artwork is Lukas, the soldier from the Deliverance. It's the same one that was shown from Famitsu that was released today and the same video on that YouTube channel that have Lukas doing the Critical Hit and it's the first look Critical Cut-In Scene in Echoes.

echoes-paxe-016.thumb.jpg.2d711c11901cf05f65326d83190e7dd9.jpg

Edit: I didn't see you made an edit that you realized it was Lukas.

Edited by King Marth 64

22 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

it should be expected that Fates ran like that at E3 because that game was more than 6 months away from releasing in the states, while Echos is releasing in less than 2 months internationally has me more concerned

Fair point.

I think it's more likely a debug version so they can put players in the Deliverance Hideout and Mountainside Graveyard real quick.

I've done game demonstrating a bunch of times and it's painful using a final copy. People love to overwrite your save files etc.

It certainly seems like they put a lot of work into this game, even though I'm a little surprised by how many Gaiden mechanics they kept (not that it's necessarily a bad thing, we'll just have to wait and see).

Hype for the return of ridiculous bow range :P

1 minute ago, Fly_or_Die said:

It certainly seems like they put a lot of work into this game, even though I'm a little surprised by how many Gaiden mechanics they kept (not that it's necessarily a bad thing, we'll just have to wait and see).

Hype for the return of ridiculous bow range :P

Main thing i'm worried about is that the maps look unchanged, and well Gaiden has some of the weakest map design in the series. 

I'm interested in how the Food and Weapon Forging/Skill systems are going to work out. With growths possibly being extremely low, equipment should end up mattering a lot more. A rather different approach that hasn't been seen in FE for a while.

The blend of archaic and modern gameplay elements is strange- but it might just work better than theory would suggest. Hopefully it won't fall flat like Shadow Dragon.

Now, have we seen any Falcoknights yet? I'm wondering if they still have their effective bonus on Terrors (I like the new name for monsters).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Removal of Unlikeable Sentence

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now, have we seen any Falcoknights yet? I'm wondering if they still have their effective bonus on Terrors (I like the new name for monsters).

We haven't, but I'd assume they still have it considering how faithful everything else has been.

Also those of you worried about growths, when a Villager changes to a new class their stats are boosted to what the class stat bases are etc, Mercenary can fix pretty much anyone who is lackluster Not to mention Mage in some regards because of spell learning order.

Edited by Jedi

So the list at the right of the bottom screen is either skills (for physical units) or spells (for magical ones)?

5 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

So the list at the right of the bottom screen is either skills (for physical units) or spells (for magical ones)?

Not just skills, it can include class types too. I prefer to call it a list of properties or attributes.

Hypothetically if there were Mage Knights (there were none in Gaiden), it would have spells and Mounted.

Not-so-hypothetically, Celica and any Priestess can (probably) have weapon skills in addition to spells. We also have Genny with a defensive skill from her Leather Shield.

Honestly, I'm actually liking the voices in this game from what we get to hear. It'll be interesting to see how things turn out when the game comes out in May, but I'm happy to see that every line seems to be voiced and that the website saying "fully voiced" isn't just a cruel joke. It would still be nice to learn who voices Alm and Celica, though. A lot of speculation on Behind the Voice Actors for Celica is Erica Lindbeck or even Erica Mendez.

48 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Fair point.

I think it's more likely a debug version so they can put players in the Deliverance Hideout and Mountainside Graveyard real quick.

I've done game demonstrating a bunch of times and it's painful using a final copy. People love to overwrite your save files etc.

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Finally got round to doing an analysis.

Hope it's helpful ^^

I did checked the post and the video showed the location actually said "Mountain Graveyard", not "Mountainside Graveyard". I don't see side was on Mountain Graveyard on the name.

echoes-paxe-017.thumb.jpg.7ce2cbbab2a3963b7d8a24b6ab69479d.jpg

21 minutes ago, KazeNinja17 said:

Honestly, I'm actually liking the voices in this game from what we get to hear. It'll be interesting to see how things turn out when the game comes out in May, but I'm happy to see that every line seems to be voiced and that the website saying "fully voiced" isn't just a cruel joke. It would still be nice to learn who voices Alm and Celica, though. A lot of speculation on Behind the Voice Actors for Celica is Erica Lindbeck or even Erica Mendez.

I agree. I think the whole "all English voice acting is inferior to Japanese" is absolutely ridiculous. Personally, I am a fan of Mae's voice. I don't know why, I just think it sounds great. And I am glad the entire thing is fully voiced. I really want to hear some boss conversations with Alm and a boss in full voice acting.

2 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

I agree. I think the whole "all English voice acting is inferior to Japanese" is absolutely ridiculous. Personally, I am a fan of Mae's voice. I don't know why, I just think it sounds great. And I am glad the entire thing is fully voiced. I really want to hear some boss conversations with Alm and a boss in full voice acting.

Agreed. There are also times where the English voices add more personality to the character. Both English and Japanese voice acting have their merits and both can be good or bad. Just depends. I still refuse to make any major judgements on Echoes' voice acting until I have the game in hand. That's how I was with Awakening and Fates.

7 hours ago, Azz said:

The hype is just uhhhhhhhh....

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but I think Mae is voiced by Cherami Leigh, which makes me love her even more since I'm a big Cherami fan (The only reason I watched SAO tbh).

I'm so happy with all they seemed to have added, I love Effie is now Faye cause that is a beautiful name alongside her awesome design and ur mer gerd Nosferatu has 60 hit and not 50 praise Mila!

Cherami Leigh, huh... Was she Asuna's VA? 

I find Faye adorable as well, too. And I'm glad Nosferatu got an accuracy buff - personally, I would've wanted it to have 70 accuracy, but I can live with 60. I just find 50% has too much potential to be infuriating - see: the Zing spell from the DQ games.

So far I'm really liking the combat screens on the touch screen, character portraits and the animations (especially the horse one for some reason).  However, I'm still on the fence about the full voice acting, I did enjoy it (especially Saber's VA) but I feel like I'll need to see some more of it before I have a better opinion.  

7 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Cherami Leigh, huh... Was she Asuna's VA? 

I find Faye adorable as well, too. And I'm glad Nosferatu got an accuracy buff - personally, I would've wanted it to have 70 accuracy, but I can live with 60. I just find 50% has too much potential to be infuriating - see: the Zing spell from the DQ games.

Cherami Leigh was Asuna's VA. I'm not sure if you are also aware that Cherami Leigh has provided a few voices for Fire Emblem Echoes as well.

And I can see Cherami Leigh voicing Mae. It does kind of sound like the voice she gives younger characters.

So Alm has a mini harem since in the original Palla had a thing for him, so she was the token fly girl who can't get the MC because of reasons. Seem like Fyae might be the childhood who won't get the MC because Alm is already in love with Celica. Visual look great and the voice acting on point. I am going to miss Avatar units but I guess it for best.

Edited by mikethepokemaster

9 hours ago, ClassyWolf said:

Is it already known who does the localization?

It wasn't known, but this post made me reach out to John Ricciardi of 8-4 today on Twitter to ask if they were involved, and he confirmed to me that they were.

So unlike Fates which was only handled by Nintendo Treehouse, it appears that 8-4 will be handling the English localization and will probably be supervised by Nintendo Treehouse still, like with Shadow Dragon and Awakening previously.

My thoughts so far:

• I'm honestly digging the English voices so far. Mae sounds great, lmao. I think I'm going to really like her.
  • The art is top notch as expected, and the enemy portraits are looking great.
  • I like the intro Alm gives for the deliverance hideout. That's pretty nice.
  • Cool to see that support mechanics are in place... at least by the looks of it.

Everything looks great so far. I'm really pumped to be able to play this. Can't wait!

6 minutes ago, Prince of Iris said:

It wasn't known, but this post made me reach out to John Ricciardi of 8-4 today on Twitter to ask if they were involved, and he confirmed to me that they were.

So unlike Fates which was only handled by Nintendo Treehouse, it appears that 8-4 will be handling the English localization and will probably be supervised by Nintendo Treehouse still, like with Shadow Dragon and Awakening previously.

YES. YES!! This bodes extremely well for Echoes. Man, this made my day. I believe Treehouse did a rather subpar job with Fates's localization. Even though I really dislike Awakening, I found the dialogue to be well written. The plot, characters and story was a complete nightmare, but some of the supports were very nicely written. 

While I like what I have heard from the english voices so far but I still hope for a dual audio option to be included seeing the localization is done by 8-4.

From the looks of it there will be supports in the game. This is so much yes for me since I'm scared if there won't be any support convos.

Just now, FoliFF said:

While I like what I have heard from the english voices so far but I still hope for a dual audio option to be included seeing the localization is done by 8-4.

From the looks of it there will be supports in the game. This is so much yes for me since I'm scared if there won't be any support convos.

The direct already confirmed no dual audio. Whether or not 8-4 is involved has no bearing on that.

12 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

Sadly, dual audio is confirmed not to be happening, but that can be expected given that this game is FULLY voiced and it's a Nintendo 3DS game. There's only so much space on the Nintendo 3DS cartridges.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm just waiting for GFAQs to be filled with scrubs whining about how terrible everyone's stats are and how they love Awakening and Fates more because big shiny numbers.

....Seriously?