Needed to vent somewhere.

Nogard

3 minutes ago, Skala_Bundet said:

Wow, this thread reflects a deep love for Ninian (and gambling I guess) :blink: . I savor my few bi-weekly free pulls, and know that the in-between time will be spent on leveling 4* characters (and that possible single 5*).

And I pull my share of 3* Fredericks. I might feel sad... but then I think how lovely it will be to feed Frederick to another unit once skill inheritance comes. Mmmh... Wings of Mercy...

This game is like life. Enjoy the many encounters you can make... and don't only look for the one... chances are it will hurt :mellow:

All this talk of feeding heroes to each other is starting to make me uncomfortable at where the story's going to be heading.

"It's people!  Orb-ent Green is PEOPLE!"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy the units that you have. I gave up on trying to get specific units and am happy if I get any new ones, even if they are bottom tier. One day, those units will come home. It might take a very long time but you'll get there. I gave up on getting Takumi weeks ago as his focus was already over, but behold, I somehow managed to pull him from the abyss today. Now all I need is Julia, a Falchion user, and Linde. They will come....eventually.

4 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Enjoy the units that you have. I gave up on trying to get specific units and am happy if I get any new ones, even if they are bottom tier. One day, those units will come home. It might take a very long time but you'll get there. I gave up on getting Takumi weeks ago as his focus was already over, but behold, I somehow managed to pull him from the abyss today. Now all I need is Julia, a Falchion user, and Linde. They will come....eventually.

Agreed. When I first started, I didn't even know that Hector was good. I was hoping to get Camilla or maybe Minerva.

Same with Julia. I wanted Ephraim or Eirika. But I've since come to appreciate her a lot more.

I wanted Olwen. Instead I got two Reinhardts. I like them better now.

You get who you get and you learn to enjoy them.

Edited by dragonlordsd

5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Seriously?
I'm going to be a bit of a hardass here: F*ck y'all and your utter lack of self control. You got what you deserved.

Well unfortunately gambling is an issue, and with this game it's basically the same thing. It's all about that 6% chance! 

Spoiler

I actually agree with you though, like you could've given this money to charity or something. Geez Louise

Reading this thread made me feel a little better. I haven't spent outrageous amounts at once, but smaller, gradual orb purchases have driven up what I've spent by quite a bit. I was trying to save orbs for when they finally release Tellius, but then I saw that Ninian came out and I pulled a bunch of blues. Unfortunately, that didn't work out well... Who else wants to punch their phone whenever ANOTHER Jagen shows up?

13 minutes ago, WinterMidnight said:

Reading this thread made me feel a little better. I haven't spent outrageous amounts at once, but smaller, gradual orb purchases have driven up what I've spent by quite a bit. I was trying to save orbs for when they finally release Tellius, but then I saw that Ninian came out and I pulled a bunch of blues. Unfortunately, that didn't work out well... Who else wants to punch their phone whenever ANOTHER Jagen shows up?

For me I want to punch my phone whenever another Olivia shows up. Between my two accounts I've gotten 8 olivias. And I haven't even done the special maps for her either

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

For me I want to punch my phone whenever another Olivia shows up. Between my two accounts I've gotten 8 olivias. And I haven't even done the special maps for her either

That would be pretty annoying. Jagen is always the worst for me because I get him constantly, but he also keeps showing up as a 4 star. The summoning scene gets my hopes up, but he shows up, it turns to pure disappointment. To be honest, it would probably be better to go into summoning not expecting anything.

I'd say that, as long as you're willing to settle with a team of 4 four-stars who you may not know, you don't have to pay a penny on this game. I must admit, I got ULTRA lucky with a 5* Hinoka on my second quintuple summon (Hinoka being one of my faves ;):) but my 4* Raigh can pull his own weight and more.

I am really enjoying heroes, as it's a good place for filthy casuals like me.

I'd actually like to give them some sort of tip for the enjoyment I had with the game, but not even 2 full pulls (that are often filled with garbage) for 20 frekking Euros? It's really hard to justify these prices with the current gaming economy. Then again, people dish out sums for the Switch and all the needed accessories, Apple products, and, as I've seen here, for specific low-chance characters. Thinking about it, I guess I don't know much about the current gaming economy.

At least this banner has put a damper on my will to give them money. I had the same amount of orbs that I would get if I made a purchase in this game (35 in my case) and I got utter trash. I'm not surprised, it's to be expected with those probabilities, but why would I give them 20 € for that? Glad I rerolled my start, so that I can perform well in missions and arena, but man, keeping my motivation going forward with half the daily orbs we got at the start is gonna be hard.

Every time I spend real money and get back nothing but 3*s (often duplicates at that) I regret all my life decisions (but I can't stop D: someone pls help)

2 hours ago, Ewwgene said:

is there any way to change the voice to japanese?

Also yes, there is. Go to Misc. -> FAQ/Etc. -> Change Language. There is one caveat though: you can't change audio alone (so if that's what you were asking for, sorry bud). If you change language, then all the writing will be in Japanese too. 

Gambling over 2 USD per hero is an awful deal to me when I can honestly get a better deal from something like a TCG booster pack or a blindbox figure. That's pretty much how I can stop myself from spending any money on FE Heroes (I have 323 Orbs at the time of writing this post; I have only spent 46 Orbs total at the time of writing this post; all 369 Orbs were obtained for free from gameplay or events since I'm stockpiling in hopes of scoring the CYL version of Lyn).

For those 2+ USD, you could have gotten:

-A DLC stage in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U

-3 Mii Fighter costume sets for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS or Wii U or 2 Mii Fighter costume sets for both systems

Edited by Roflolxp54

Desire sensor, man. If you're ever played something like Monster Hunter, you know what I mean. The game picks up on that one thing (in this case, that one hero) that you want, and deliberately withholds it from your grasp. The only way to win is to go in with no expectations. From my experience, the game relaxes and actually gives you something good. (Went in expecting nothing in my last two pulls, managed to grab an Eirika, a Kagero, and a Klein.) Going forward that's gonna be me from now on. No expectations.

38 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I'd actually like to give them some sort of tip for the enjoyment I had with the game, but not even 2 full pulls (that are often filled with garbage) for 20 frekking Euros? It's really hard to justify these prices with the current gaming economy. Then again, people dish out sums for the Switch and all the needed accessories, Apple products, and, as I've seen here, for specific low-chance characters. Thinking about it, I guess I don't know much about the current gaming economy.

At least this banner has put a damper on my will to give them money. I had the same amount of orbs that I would get if I made a purchase in this game (35 in my case) and I got utter trash. I'm not surprised, it's to be expected with those probabilities, but why would I give them 20 € for that? Glad I rerolled my start, so that I can perform well in missions and arena, but man, keeping my motivation going forward with half the daily orbs we got at the start is gonna be hard.

Those are my feelings exactly. My currency is also quite undervalued right now, so those 40+8 orbs are costing R$94,50. That's like... 10% of our MINIMUM WAGE. The pricing is completely bonkers, not affordable at all by local standards.

At least I'll never have to worry spending money like the thread OP, considering their pricing triggers my survival instincts.

Edited by r4v1sh

Don't beat yourself up too much.  This game is designed to feed dopamine to your brain to get you hooked.  If you feel the need to gamble, try distracting yourself with something else you enjoy.  Just not: drinking, drugs, binge eating, unsafe sex, etc.  Don't trade one addiction for another.

2 hours ago, Ryuke said:

If you want one specific character.

It's better to reroll.

This. I really wanted Takumi above everyone else, so I rerolled until I had Takumi. I've still spent $0.00. 

Well I was trying to get a good red sword unit as that is the only unit I am missing and karel seems like it fits the bill. But it seems like $450 + 100+orbs I saved weren't sufficient.  But my other account got him +atk -red in the second orb I pulled.  I'm just going to patiently wait for Ike.. And hopefully I won't spent ever again.. 

I am.. pleasantly surprised at all the replies in this thread, thank you all for the kind replies, i calmed down since i first wrote this topic and im now laughing at how stupid i am.

Cant believe i just wasted so much money in trying to get a picture. Anyway, i got Lyn on the first few banners so im happy, she was my main waifu anyway so ill have to settle for that. Im just a sucker for dragons and Ninian was def my main dragon waifu. Ill meet you some other time i suppose.

Thank you all once again for the replies, and to all who suffered the same pain, i feel you.

Edited by Nogard

7 hours ago, Kiran said:

Enjoy the units that you have.

Couldn't agree more. I came to the game with no expectation, didn't know a thing about rerolling, still don't. After 4 weeks (and less than 90$ spent), I like every single unit I got. Trying to mix and match all their strengths and weaknesses, discovering the best ways to play them, solving fiendish riddles like the Ursula quest, I find all this very entertaining.

This is the first phone game where I thought, "maybe I'd like to spend money on this".  I love Fire Emblem but haven't played one since the Wii's Radiant Dawn (don't have a 3DS).  I'm really hoping I can resist the urge for the rest of my life, however. 

That's why I'm so upset with Jaffar.  Its clear they made him very difficult to get on purpose because they knew players would spend countless orbs trying to get him.  And if they didn't, well, they'd keep buying orbs.  I mean, really, 2 healers and the worst archer ever in one focus with Jaffar?

Surprised you haven't gotten Ninian.  I'd say keep trying with the free orbs you'll be getting in the next 2 1/2 weeks.  Only open blues, you should still be able to get her without spending money if Nintendo finds a new way to give us orbs (RIP Launch Celebration quests).

I don't think its fair to say "Like the units you've got".  It's like in the regular fire emblem games where you love the units you use but can't remember a thing about the others. Pulling Fates/Awakening heroes generally doesn't really do anything for me.

Edited by Lushen

It's an important lesson, Nogard, I'm sure most of us here have experienced hiccups when it comes to impulse control. Just remember that the feeling of successfully intercepting one's unhealthy impulses is quite uplifting, that is to strengthen your willpower and reclaim control.

Edited by Directive Mayhem