Jump to content
Nogard

Needed to vent somewhere.

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, JJ48 said:

All this talk of feeding heroes to each other is starting to make me uncomfortable at where the story's going to be heading.

 

"It's people!  Orb-ent Green is PEOPLE!"

This comment definitely made my day :D::D::D: . It's more like Sylar from Heroes. You think I eat their brains? Disgusting.

No... I extract their very soul from their orbs... Orbs bought at a high cost. Orbs which are used to create clones of you...

Edited by Skala_Bundet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've spent over a hundred dollars now.  I spent the most in my Pulling for Leo.

10 hours ago, Ewwgene said:

Just treated as you got robbed.

Spent almost $450 on this banner. And the result is damn shitty.

I am so heartbroken that i decided to recreate a new account as every time i look at my main account, i shed manly tears after i got reminded about the money i spent for all the thrashes.

I seriously recommend sticking with one account, if you're spending that much on the game.  Rerolls should only be if you're F2P, haven't put any money into your main account, or just want a second account to try new things or play through the story again.  If you keep putting hundreds of dollars into several different accounts, you invariably won't have all the units you want together, and there's no way to transfer them.  I've got a second account, but $0 is ever going into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Seriously?
I'm going to be a bit of a hardass here: F*ck y'all and your utter lack of self control. You got what you deserved.

Chill.

---

If there's one thing NOT to do in this game, it's fish for a character - or hell, even a character type.  It took 76 pulls before I got a single armored unit - and there's multiple of those in this game!

If i had the money to spend, I'd do the 75 orb deal, once.  I paid $40 for Awakening, and I've put a comparable amount of blood, sweat, and tears into this game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lushen said:

This is the first phone game where I thought, "maybe I'd like to spend money on this".  I love Fire Emblem but haven't played one since the Wii's Radiant Dawn (don't have a 3DS).  I'm really hoping I can resist the urge for the rest of my life, however. 

That's why I'm so upset with Jaffar.  Its clear they made him very difficult to get on purpose because they knew players would spend countless orbs trying to get him.  And if they didn't, well, they'd keep buying orbs.  I mean, really, 2 healers and the worst archer ever in one focus with Jaffar?

Surprised you haven't gotten Ninian.  I'd say keep trying with the free orbs you'll be getting in the next 2 1/2 weeks.  Only open blues, you should still be able to get her without spending money if Nintendo finds a new way to give us orbs (RIP Launch Celebration quests).

 

I don't think its fair to say "Like the units you've got".  It's like in the regular fire emblem games where you love the units you use but can't remember a thing about the others. Pulling Fates/Awakening heroes generally doesn't really do anything for me.

 

If they allow trading, I will gladly give you all three of my Jaffars for one Ninian. His stupid face kept showing up and resetting my percentage of getting a blue 5* unit like Ninian, so after the third time, I just gave up on increasing my percentage and only went after blue units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest announcements make me believe (at least for the time being) that they actually care a bit about what we want. I don't know how much I'm being deceived or how it compares to other Gacha games, but I'm still willing to pay once at some point (probably with Tellius banners, since they are my favorite characters next to a select few others from Awakening/Fates/SS/BB) even though the prices are horrendous. The fact that I am still playing, even though I told myself this would get boring very quickly, is kinda enough of a reason to pay them a little bit in the future (even if the whales already paid my share, rofl). So, to anyone who paid money in this game AND had some restraint in order to not give too much, I don't think it's too bad if you enjoyed the game as much as I did, especially since most changes up till now have been pretty decent or even great (with the exception of the loss of one orb per day. Yes there are feathers now, but its quite a damper).

Alas, it's still a mobile game, so it can fall from its grace in record speed anyday....

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K
forgot one tiny aspect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

The latest announcements make me believe (at least for the time being) that they actually care a bit about what we want. I don't know how much I'm being deceived or how it compares to other Gacha games, but I'm still willing to pay once at some point (probably with Tellius banners, since they are my favorite characters next to a select few others from Awakening/Fates/SS/BB) even though the prices are horrendous. The fact that I am still playing, even though I told myself this would get boring very quickly, is kinda enough of a reason to pay them a little bit in the future (even if the whales already paid my share, rofl). So, to anyone who paid money in this game AND had some restraint in order to not give too much, I don't think it's too bad if you enjoyed the game as much as I did, especially since most changes up till now have been pretty decent or even great (with the exception of the loss of one orb per day. Yes there are feathers now, but its quite a damper).

Alas, it's still a mobile game, so it can fall from its grace in record speed anyday....

I feel the same way. I really don't want to pay these absurd prices considering how little we get for it, but I've wanted to support the game since the start. Considering I don't think they will ever have an orb sale, I'll probably purchase the most expensive set when I'm satisfied with the number of FE7/8 units available in-game as a once in a lifetime purchase (the game's lifetime, that is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Raven said:

I feel the same way. I really don't want to pay these absurd prices considering how little we get for it, but I've wanted to support the game since the start. Considering I don't think they will ever have an orb sale, I'll probably purchase the most expensive set when I'm satisfied with the number of FE7/8 units available in-game as a once in a lifetime purchase (the game's lifetime, that is).

I might "recommend" (recommending these prices, ha!) to buy the second to last option in the shop twice, which has a better ratio of orbs/$, if you intend on doing a one time big purchase. That's what I would do if I wanted to pay the maximum once at some point, though I'll probably just settle with the 35,48 or 75 orbs deal myself if they don't screw us majorly in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I might "recommend" (recommending these prices, ha!) to buy the second to last option in the shop twice, which has a better ratio of orbs/$, if you intend on doing a one time big purchase. That's what I would do if I wanted to pay the maximum once at some point, though I'll probably just settle with the 35,48 or 75 orbs deal myself if they don't screw us majorly in the near future.

This is how it rolls in the UK:

Orbs - £ total cost - £ cost per orb:
3 - 1.99 - 0.66333
10 - 5.99 - 0.599
23 - 12.99 - 0.56478
35 - 19.99 - 0.57114
48 - 25.99 - 0.5415
75 - 38.99 - 0.51987
140 - 69.99 - 0.49993

As it stands for us Brits, the most expensive option is the best per orb. When you take the current conversion rate between £ and $ (according to Google, current conversion rate for £69.99 is $85.36, at a rate of £1:$1.22), you can see that we're getting shafted harder than Americans by a full $10.37/£8.49 for the largest pack. Considering that almost everything is more expensive in the UK, I'm really not surprised. Still sad, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Raven said:

This is how it rolls in the UK:

Orbs - £ total cost - £ cost per orb:
3 - 1.99 - 0.66333
10 - 5.99 - 0.599
23 - 12.99 - 0.56478
35 - 19.99 - 0.57114
48 - 25.99 - 0.5415
75 - 38.99 - 0.51987
140 - 69.99 - 0.49993

As it stands for us Brits, the most expensive option is the best per orb. When you take the current conversion rate between £ and $ (according to Google, current conversion rate for £69.99 is $85.36, at a rate of £1:$1.22), you can see that we're getting shafted harder than Americans by a full $10.37/£8.49 for the largest pack. Considering that almost everything is more expensive in the UK, I'm really not surprised. Still sad, though.

Oh my, the prices are all over the place then, really interesting to know. Here in Germany, my recommendation is actually true and your prices are even more horrendous than mine. For you, this would definitely be worse, though.

Orbs - € total - € single orb - £ single orb

3 - 1,99 € - 0,66333 € - 0,57767 £

10 - 5,99 € - 0,599 € - 0,52164 £

23 - 12,99 € - 0,56748 € - 0,49436 £

35 - 19,99 € - 0,57114 € - 0,49755 £

48 - 26,99 € - 0,56229 € - 0,4898 £

75 - 39,99 € - 0,5332 € - 0,46443 £

140 - 74,99€ - 0,53564 € - 0,46661 £

So weird seeing this now after you mentioning the british pricing. The economy in this game is bonkers XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it really funny how most people in here are going on about how much they want Ninian, and meanwhile I'm like one of the only people who wants Priscilla the most (her art in this game makes her look so damn cute haha, also her healing ability is one of, if not the best in the game), and who do I end up pulling? Ninian, on the first batch of summons too XD

Ninian is very useful, don't get me wrong, but if trading existed in this game and someone had Priscilla and wanted Ninian, I'd happily trade lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, after getting brutally beaten in the tower trying to train my guys AGAIN, I really need to vent...

ARMORS!!! Why is it that when the enemy uses them they are fkin pain in the ass to deal with, while playable armors are all POS exceps Effie or Hector!?

And worst of all - you can't know if they will or won't be there. This fkis sucks, devs really need to show unit types in the training tower.

Sorry, but armors really piss me off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sdgj1994 said:

I find it really funny how most people in here are going on about how much they want Ninian, and meanwhile I'm like one of the only people who wants Priscilla the most (her art in this game makes her look so damn cute haha, also her healing ability is one of, if not the best in the game), and who do I end up pulling? Ninian, on the first batch of summons too XD

Ninian is very useful, don't get me wrong, but if trading existed in this game and someone had Priscilla and wanted Ninian, I'd happily trade lol

I remember several people saying they had sent Ephraim home during his focus and I was like... Noooooo! I'll give you Azura! Half the world seems to want Azura! I'll trade! I'll trade!

I pulled Azura and Hinoka instead of Ephraim during his focus >.<

(I don't hate Azura... I just really want Ephraim xD )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I remember several people saying they had sent Ephraim home during his focus and I was like... Noooooo! I'll give you Azura! Half the world seems to want Azura! I'll trade! I'll trade!

I pulled Azura and Hinoka instead of Ephraim during his focus >.<

(I don't hate Azura... I just really want Ephraim xD )

Look at us pull not who we were looking for but who EVERYONE ELSE was looking for haha! Again, its not that I don't want Ninian, she's great, but hard-ish to level being a dancer and all, and also I WAS LOOKING FOR PRISCILLA XD I've set up a spare second account on my iPad for rerolling purposes so I can maybe get Priscilla that way (cos I'm dry on orbs on my main account), but last time I got a Rebecca and a Lucina (the latter I already have on my main account). I would reroll more if the app didn't keep crashing so often on my more-or-less 5-year-old iPad :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kruggov said:

Ok, after getting brutally beaten in the tower trying to train my guys AGAIN, I really need to vent...

ARMORS!!! Why is it that when the enemy uses them they are fkin pain in the ass to deal with, while playable armors are all POS exceps Effie or Hector!?

And worst of all - you can't know if they will or won't be there. This fkis sucks, devs really need to show unit types in the training tower.

Sorry, but armors really piss me off.

^And that my good people is why you need to use Tome users^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arcanite said:

^And that my good people is why you need to use Tome users^

I did. The problem is that it was F!Robin, and her magic is... meh. ANd the only OTHER tome user i had is already lvl40 Linde, whom i didn't use cause, well, grinding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sdgj1994 said:

I find it really funny how most people in here are going on about how much they want Ninian, and meanwhile I'm like one of the only people who wants Priscilla the most (her art in this game makes her look so damn cute haha, also her healing ability is one of, if not the best in the game), and who do I end up pulling? Ninian, on the first batch of summons too XD

Ninian is very useful, don't get me wrong, but if trading existed in this game and someone had Priscilla and wanted Ninian, I'd happily trade lol

Strangely enough, I got Priscilla while looking for Ninian, so if trading is ever added I'll be the first to let you know. The Desire Sensor is truly strong with this game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

I did. The problem is that it was F!Robin, and her magic is... meh. ANd the only OTHER tome user i had is already lvl40 Linde, whom i didn't use cause, well, grinding.

^And that my good people is why you have a level 40 in the back for unkillable units while grinding^

Even though you lose xp it's still better than your team getting swept off a mountain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arcanite said:

^And that my good people is why you have a level 40 in the back for unkillable units while grinding^

Even though you lose xp it's still better than your team getting swept off a mountain

Better yet if that lvl40 is a healer or someone like Azura. So that they could still help and not drain exp.

Thanks, "Chief" xD

Tbh, it also seems like a team of Hana/Cordelia/F!Robin/Draug was not my best choice for grinding. (Also Draug, 22 Atk at level 25, you suck bro)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that I also am planning on buying some orbs one time, not due to the value proposition in game but because I want to support this game and the FE franchise more generally. As a longtime fan and now real person with a job, Fire Emblem games are actually the only games I still let myself play and no other titles gives me anything close to the same level of satisfaction. Hearing the backstory behind Awakening being the "final fantasy" of FE, I want to do what I can to help ensure there are more games in the future. That being said, it looks lately like the FE title release schedule has become really rapid and it may be, unfortunately, affecting the quality (petting house anyone?). Not that I care about one bad title, but like I'm sure everyone who is on this site, I'm cheering hard for their success for the sake of the titles yet to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I refuse to spend money on this game with the current design for what you get for your cash.  I really like the game and I technically enjoy the drawing and ranged aspect of a  gacha game.  But the pricing models are terrible.  Personally I think all of these games need a monthly rewards option... where you pretty much get to pick out one character of your choice from the monthly banners, and then the cash dump.

Even with said feature the whales would buy the monthly and then cashdump anyway.  And those of us more sane would get X draws a month and one choice character pick for something like 10-15$.

You might loose some money in the short term, but long term revenue would almost certainly go up.  The problem is most monthly payment options in gacha games have been terrible at what they offer... so they haven't shown success.  You have to give most people a choice tangible asset for their money in the west... and these eastern gacha games just don't understand the concept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Katrisa said:

Yeah I refuse to spend money on this game with the current design for what you get for your cash.  I really like the game and I technically enjoy the drawing and ranged aspect of a  gacha game.  But the pricing models are terrible.  Personally I think all of these games need a monthly rewards option... where you pretty much get to pick out one character of your choice from the monthly banners, and then the cash dump.

Even with said feature the whales would buy the monthly and then cashdump anyway.  And those of us more sane would get X draws a month and one choice character pick for something like 10-15$.

You might loose some money in the short term, but long term revenue would almost certainly go up.  The problem is most monthly payment options in gacha games have been terrible at what they offer... so they haven't shown success.  You have to give most people a choice tangible asset for their money in the west... and these eastern gacha games just don't understand the concept.

there are many gacha games i have played most are eastern based gacha and they all have monthly buys for like 4.99 mostly and they give quite a bit in the long run and are very successful. atm IS dont need to add monthly yet due to the fact that the game is still very new and in time im sure they will add a monthly feature where you can spend a certain amount and get a certaiin amount of orbs each month. Currently however they are giving us many chances to get orbs for free and that is keeping consumers content for now. after the update in april im hoping they give us more chances of gaining sp though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it interesting that they're coughing up so many orbs up front without a reasonable concrete monthly or weekly package.  Its kind of odd because for those of us who spend "moderatle" they're effectively giving away more orbs than I would spend on such a game (due to their pricing).  Its kind of wonky... I can't complain entirely because I'm functioning well totally free to play.  But it makes spending money on the game feel really wasteful unless you're oozing surplus entertainment cash.   It frustrates me some because I want to support the game but not their sales model.

I totally concur on SP... that looks to be a pain-point now ;-/

Edited by Katrisa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

I find it interesting that they're coughing up so many orbs up front without a reasonable concrete monthly or weekly package.  Its kind of odd because for those of us who spend "moderatle" they're effectively giving away more orbs than I would spend on such a game (due to their pricing).  Its kind of wonky... I can't complain entirely because I'm functioning well totally free to play.  But it makes spending money on the game feel really wasteful unless you're oozing surplus entertainment cash.   It frustrates me some because I want to support the game but not their sales model.

I totally concur on SP... that looks to be a pain-point now ;-/

It could be that they're more willing to give out orbs for free not just because of the newbies joining but also because of expecting more players to spend money to draw for heroes they only plan on using for skill inheritance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That really sucks and I kinda know what you mean.... (but I got lucky) saved 70~ orbs for lucina. Princess banner comes along and and I get a 5* Lilina (got her already) and a bunch of 3* units. Banner is about to end, I've been pulling red orbs whenever I managed to scrape 13 orbs from the free daily and other free orbs. NOTHING. Final 6 orbs gave me 3 reds. opened 1.. nothing. I didnt want to back out and gave in an bought 23 orbs.. second red, 3*.. final red.. LUCINA (-spd though) but I''m still happy. But this whole event made me really scared to "pull for what I want" since I also want Ninian... my friend randomly did his first pull on the new banner and guess what? 5* NINIAN. I saved up about 70 orbs by now and decided to summon... ALL BUT 3* and a 4* Effie I don't need. Sitting on 60 orbs now but no way I'm gonna summon again... I'm just going to do 1 summon every new banner and hope for the best. the older banner units will be added to the pool anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really reluctant to play this game at first because of the gacha mechanic, because I'm an obsessive completionist and I knew I would want ALL my favorite characters... I decided not to play it until recently, I gave it a chance but promised I wouldn't spend money on it and would just be happy with whatever units I got. It's been going well so far, I've managed to curb my obsessiveness by trying to collect and assemble all the sprites of my favorite characters and put them on a desktop wallpaper rather than trying to get them all in game because I've accepted that that would be nearly impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...