Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm looking for a challenge in sacred stones, but I still want it to be 100%-able (completing map objectives without sacrificing levels through pre-20 promotion *ahem hardmodedistantblade ahem*, all chests, all characters)

I've compiled a short list of self-imposed challenges that I might choose to use in my play-through, and I was hoping somebody could maybe suggest a combination of challenges to use, or suggest new challenges. Please keep in mind this is a vanilla game, I will not be using an emulator, so no hacked challenges like 0% growths.

No Trainees

No Seth

Hard mode (obviously)

No arena abuse

(Yours here!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Seth, No arena and tower abuse should be a given when attempting a challenging run. There really is no need to ban the trainees under these rules, as they are really not that good. 

You can always make the game more challenging by just not using the best units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trainees are not good so banning them does not make it harder.

 

Try a communist play-through. That is where you always bring your lowest leveled units into a map. That way, by the end of the run everyone will be at basically the same Level, give or take 1 or 2. (Communism) 100% recruitment mandatory.

You just recruited Lv5 L'arachel? She's locked in for a while. Trainee Ewan? Have fun training him for a few maps. Franz is getting great stat gains and killed every monster on that last map? Benched until further notice.

 

This makes Seth un-usable until he becomes the lowest leveled character.

Discourages arena use and grinding because those units who gain Exp from it will be benched until the low-levels catch up.

Makes the game actually challenging. Especially towards the middle and end of the game.

You will want to wait until Lv20 to promote your units, otherwise that character shoots straight to being one of your highest leveled units, earning them a spot on bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Try a communist play-through. That is where you always bring your lowest leveled units into a map. That way, by the end of the run everyone will be at basically the same Level, give or take 1 or 2. (Communism) 100% recruitment mandatory.

A less severe challenge might be a "Fatigue" run, in which no character (exept for the lord) is allowed to be fielded in two chapters in a row. You're not forced to grind up every single low leveled unit that way, but you can't low-man as hard. You still might want to restrict Seth in some way at least for the earlygame - maybe by not using him until the first other unit gets promoted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LTC the game.

Alternatively no promotion and no promoted units run if you're so desperate to get everyone to level 20. Might want to ban Myrrh, she makes lategame a lot easier. Twins can still use legendaries unpromoted.

Edited by Irysa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0% Growth run the game. Or a low level run, you have to rotate out people depending on what level they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Irysa said:

bruh he cant do hacks

Its why I edited to include the low level run haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2017 at 10:03 AM, ping said:

A less severe challenge might be a "Fatigue" run, in which no character (exept for the lord) is allowed to be fielded in two chapters in a row. You're not forced to grind up every single low leveled unit that way, but you can't low-man as hard. You still might want to restrict Seth in some way at least for the earlygame - maybe by not using him until the first other unit gets promoted?

 

On 3/14/2017 at 9:31 AM, Hawk King said:

The trainees are not good so banning them does not make it harder.

 

Try a communist play-through. That is where you always bring your lowest leveled units into a map. That way, by the end of the run everyone will be at basically the same Level, give or take 1 or 2. (Communism) 100% recruitment mandatory.

You just recruited Lv5 L'arachel? She's locked in for a while. Trainee Ewan? Have fun training him for a few maps. Franz is getting great stat gains and killed every monster on that last map? Benched until further notice.

 

This makes Seth un-usable until he becomes the lowest leveled character.

Discourages arena use and grinding because those units who gain Exp from it will be benched until the low-levels catch up.

Makes the game actually challenging. Especially towards the middle and end of the game.

You will want to wait until Lv20 to promote your units, otherwise that character shoots straight to being one of your highest leveled units, earning them a spot on bench.

I will definitely be trying a Communist run, it sounds great! (Also I'll be counting lvl1 manually promoted units as lvl21, and prepromotes as lvl 10+current lvl as an added challenge.) Thanks!

Fatigue sounds fun, too. Maybe I'll do it like Thracia and try to keep track of how many battles someone has, which might add to the challenge of a communist run if I decide to do them in tandem. Thanks to you too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Generic Nameless Soldier said:

 

I will definitely be trying a Communist run, it sounds great! (Also I'll be counting lvl1 manually promoted units as lvl21, and prepromotes as lvl 10+current lvl as an added challenge.) Thanks!

I would recommend treating all units of a promoted class as 20+ whether you promote them or they come promoted, but it's your play-through.

 

Another thing, the Lords should be immune from the Communist rules because just like real life, the rulers of a Communist regime always benefit at the expense of the people.

 

BTW, all credits for the Communist rules go to a user by the name of Mekkah, who did the first and only Communist play-through, that I know of, several years ago. I don't want to imply that I thought this up or anything like that.

edit: I found it.  https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/27576-finished-communist-playthrough/#comment-1658825

I could have sworn it had more discussion in the thread about it, but I guess not.

 

Edited by Hawk King
found it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...