Heaven Seal and Body Ring

Flee Fleet!

Well, I got Lyn to level 20. I can get her promoted through the Heaven Seal, but could I later promote Hector, or will it be automatic for him or something.

Basically what I'm saying is, will there be more than one Heaven Seal? If not, will Hector have an automatic promotion later on like Eliwood would?

Furthermore, should I give a body ring to Lyn, in hopes that increasing her constitution can maker her use the Sol Katti without AS penalty? 

there is only an automatic promotion for the main lord, the other two get heaven seals

you get two heaven seals, but the second one comes much later

lyn has a pretty good speed growth as it is, and I don't think it's necessary for her to use the body ring compared to someone like say, florina or nino who lose a huge amount of speed from stronger weapons, if you're using them I'd recommend one of them

You'll get a second Heaven's Seal soon, so don't worry about that. Unless Hawkeye is dead/unrecruited, in which case you might have missed the first Seal - you should get the two seals before ch.24 and after ch.26. The only reason not to promote your lords would be the the 10000 gold you can get for selling a seal.

About the Body Ring: There will be a certain character joining in the final chapter who can use the Body Ring to double the final boss with Luna. Combined with a Dance, that's quite powerful. The Sol Katti, otoh, is rather underwhelming anyway.

4 hours ago, Lamia said:

there is only an automatic promotion for the main lord, the other two get heaven seals

you get two heaven seals, but the second one comes much later

lyn has a pretty good speed growth as it is, and I don't think it's necessary for her to use the body ring compared to someone like say, florina or nino who lose a huge amount of speed from stronger weapons, if you're using them I'd recommend one of them

Ah, okay.

I usually have Florina use Iron lances most of the time, so I don't really think she needs the body ring. On the other hand, I might give it to Nino. And yeah, Lyn has already capped speed actually, so there's that.

4 hours ago, ping said:

You'll get a second Heaven's Seal soon, so don't worry about that. Unless Hawkeye is dead/unrecruited, in which case you might have missed the first Seal - you should get the two seals before ch.24 and after ch.26. The only reason not to promote your lords would be the the 10000 gold you can get for selling a seal.

About the Body Ring: There will be a certain character joining in the final chapter who can use the Body Ring to double the final boss with Luna. Combined with a Dance, that's quite powerful. The Sol Katti, otoh, is rather underwhelming anyway.

well, I won't sell the Heaven Seal at all, since I constantly use both Hector and Lyn (and they're sometimes forced to join too).

Is this certain character Athos? I might give him the Body Ring (but shouldn't I use Forblaze instead of Luna?), although I'm not sure about having a dancer/bard in the final chapter, seeing as I usually bench them when they reach level 20. Also, is the Sword Katti really that underwhelming? It's actually the main reason why I want Lyn to use the body ring. I mean, sure, it just comes out of nowhere in the story, but it can't be that bad, right? (otherwise I guess I'll just use the Mani Katti, since that is a decent enough weapon)

Luna does base damage equal to its user's Mag stat. And Athos has a base Mag stat of 30. Forblaze would only do 19 DMG to the Fire Dragon while Luna would do 30. Forblaze is good, but it's not the best tome to use against the Fire Dragon. Also, the Sol Katti is indeed underwhelming. It's about as strong as a Silver Sword, as heavy as a Silver Blade, and stuck to a unit that is not very special. (And I'm one of Lyn's biggest fans here.) Even with its Anti-Dragon effect, Lyn's doing about a pittance of DMG to the Fire Dragon WITH it.

Also, Nino's not actually good.

17 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

Luna does base damage equal to its user's Mag stat. And Athos has a base Mag stat of 30. Forblaze would only do 19 DMG to the Fire Dragon while Luna would do 30. Forblaze is good, but it's not the best tome to use against the Fire Dragon. Also, the Sol Katti is indeed underwhelming. It's about as strong as a Silver Sword, as heavy as a Silver Blade, and stuck to a unit that is not very special. (And I'm one of Lyn's biggest fans here.) Even with its Anti-Dragon effect, Lyn's doing about a pittance of DMG to the Fire Dragon WITH it.

Ah, I see. Well, I do have two Lunas as of now, so I'll give one to Athos.

Also that sucks that the Sol Katti is indeed underwhelming. Oh well, I still might try it and see the result for myself, otherwise Lyn is just destined to use Killing Edges and a Mani Katti.

I'll still try Nino out. She looks like an interesting character. I could give her the Afa Drops as well to make more usable.

By the way, could you guys also recommend someone else that I should give the Afa Drops too? I might just give it to Nino, in the end.

8 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

By the way, could you guys also recommend someone else that I should give the Afa Drops too? I might just give it to Nino, in the end.

Nino is indeed a good choice for Afa's Drops, might as well make little miss amazing growths even better. Other good choices include Heath, and probably Rath, because they join rather low leveled and come not too long before the drops. To get the most out of the drops, you should use them on a unit with plenty of room to grow. So if you have anyone else you want to use but is currently underleveled, consider tossing them on that character.

You get just two body rings, and Athos definitely deserves one to hit the AS of 19 required to double the final boss. On Hard mode, you'll need to bump it one point further since the final boss has an AS of 20. I do not remember off the top of my head if Athos' speed is capped and whether a speedwing can be used as a substitute.

Other Body Ring/Speedwing candidates I typically consider are Hector and Canas. Canas is another Luna user, and Hector only takes a -3 AS penalty from his ultimate weapon, he just often gets speed screwed.

Edit: Oh, according to this, Athos' speed cap is 25, so you can save speedwings for him instead of body rings if you prefer.

Edited by Gustavos

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nino is indeed a good choice for Afa's Drops, might as well make little miss amazing growths even better. Other good choices include Heath, and probably Rath, because they join rather low leveled and come not too long before the drops. To get the most out of the drops, you should use them on a unit with plenty of room to grow. So if you have anyone else you want to use but is currently underleveled, consider tossing them on that character.

Well, I don't really like Heath but he's been pretty solid, and I leveled up Rath quite a bit during Lyn mode, so both of them don't really need it. I guess I'll give it to Nino.

1 hour ago, Gustavos said:

You get just two body rings, and Athos definitely deserves one to hit the AS of 19 required to double the final boss. On Hard mode, you'll need to bump it one point further since the final boss has an AS of 20. I do not remember off the top of my head if Athos' speed is capped and whether a speedwing can be used as a substitute.

Other Body Ring/Speedwing candidates I typically consider are Hector and Canas. Canas is another Luna user, and Hector only takes a -3 AS penalty from his ultimate weapon, he just often gets speed screwed.

Edit: Oh, according to this, Athos' speed cap is 25, so you can save speedwings for him instead of body rings if you prefer.

Well, hopefully I get more Speedwings. Canas has Speed of 10 and Hector has 11. I think that's good enough seeing as how their other stats are quite good too. I still may give them a speedwing is needed.

I won't worry too much about their Con.

Well, as of now, I'll keep the body ring, and a speedwing for Athos if necessary.

On March 15, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Just call me AL said:

I don't disagree, but I just feel the need to make some corrections. The Sol Katti doesn't even match up to a Silver Sword in Mt (12 vs 13), and its weight is that of a steel blade (14). 

That out of my system, I'd say any pegasus knight or Isadora would like the Body Ring.

11 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I don't disagree, but I just feel the need to make some corrections. The Sol Katti doesn't even match up to a Silver Sword in Mt (12 vs 13), and its weight is that of a steel blade (14). 

That out of my system, I'd say any pegasus knight or Isadora would like the Body Ring.

Welp, I guess Sol Katti is really bad

I'm not using Isadora, and I don't really give the pegs heavy weapons, so I'm not giving them the ring.

By the way, can someone suggest who I should give the master seal to? Lucius and Canas are on level 20 but I have no Guiding Rings as of now, but there's Nino as well. I can't access secret shops either thanks to accidentally killing a thief. So it's pretty much an option between those three. And advice would be helpful.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

14 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Also, that Earth Seal isn't used on Heath already?

Nope.

Wait so how many Elysian whips can I get in the next chapters?

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:25 AM, Just call me AL said:

You can get up to a total of 3 Elysian Whips in each playthrough. Outside of Secret Shops that is.

Okay then.

Then I guess I'll be able to promote both Heath and Fiora.

On 3/19/2017 at 3:25 PM, Just call me AL said:

You can get up to a total of 3 Elysian Whips in each playthrough. Outside of Secret Shops that is.

One of them is in a Hector-exclusive chapter, though, and the OP is referring to an Eliwood playthrough.

19 hours ago, Paper Jam said:

One of them is in a Hector-exclusive chapter, though, and the OP is referring to an Eliwood playthrough.

Welp, then that's bad news. 

So...I have to choose between Heath or Fiora for promotion? I guess I'll choose Fiora then.