Favorite Fire Emblem in the NES/SNES era?

Favorite Fire Emblem in the NES/SNES era?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Fire Emblem in the NES/SNES era?

• Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light
    • Fire Emblem Gaiden

I'm just curious (and expecting to see a lot of FE4 votes...), the NES/SNES games were cool and interesting and had their own old-school charm that makes (most of them) them so easy to go back to (except FE1, that broken, broken mess).

EDIT: I accidentally hit enter... Is there any way to edit polls? Help? ...this is embarrasing

Edited by Purple-Clad Gamer
clarification

2 hours ago, Purple-Clad Gamer said:

I'm just curious (and expecting to see a lot of FE4 votes...), the NES/SNES games were cool and interesting and had their own old-school charm that makes (most of them) them so easy to go back to (except FE1, that broken, broken mess).

EDIT: I accidentally hit enter... Is there any way to edit polls? Help? ...this is embarrasing

Ask a moderator if you get any questions, I'd help you out but I am just starting to come back here from a big hiatus so I don't entirely remember how some shit works.

Edited by CatManThree

Gaiden and Shadow Dragon are a bit too outdated for my taste. I Liked Gaiden, A LOT, but not as much as the Snes ones, which I hold in High Regard. Fe3 (A remake of Fe1, i Know), Managed to do it better (In my perspective) than Fe1, and with the addition of a new book to the story, it was pretty awesome.

Fe4 was Good, but not as Good as it could have been. The story is outright confusing, and one you're not going to get 100% unless you read the manga. That already gives Fe4 a big penalty in that department. Maps were too long, and Enemies either Piss Easy, or Wall Banging Hard. And This together With the huge maps led the developers to put 25 of your troops vs 100 of Enemy troops , in an area you have to assault, all equipped with Sleep and Silence Staves, Join that with the Overall Low resistance of characters in Fe4, and BAM! You've got a game that is so hard to beat without any casualties, it hurts. (Still love Fe4 Though :D)

Fe5 would definitely be the best in the Snes Era. The Maps were reduced to a manageable size, enemies were tough, but fair, the introduction of the capture command was really interesting, And Altough more difficult than Fe4, it was also much more fair. This means that Fe5 takes the Cake.

Because PUGI!

I've never played the NES games nor FE5, but I loved FE4. FE3 was also good enough- I actually like the characters' portraits and the graphics, to be honest.

NES (Fire Emblem Gaiden)

-Sets up the standart for a lot of future mechanics

-Pretty kickass soundtrack for a NES game

-Very experimental

-Fire Emblem X Shining Force is neat

-Third-tiers are all of my yes

SNES (Genealogy of the Holy War)

-Great story

-One of my favorite FE soundtracks

-Did the whole children thing better than most other FE games

-Despite the long maps, they usually have a neat story to tell