Training Tower Quest Woes

Falcom

27 minutes ago, red-and-soulless said:

I finished the Infantry and Armor quests over this last weekend

This is quite a feat, first time I see someone reporting the armor quest done. Congratulations, you have my deepest respect.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Ryuke said:

Let's see ...

Next month will be

1) All Red
2) All Blue
3) All Green
4) All Dagger
5) All Bow
6) All Dragon
7) HEALER??

Am I missing any? (Since ... I will train 4x of these as soon as ... this month is over)

I would add All Artists, that is Singers & Dancers. And also Domestic Staff, the princes & princesses have had their day in the sunlight, now is the turn of the hard-working maids & butlers.

23 minutes ago, chirp said:

This is quite a feat, first time I see someone reporting the armor quest done. Congratulations, you have my deepest respect.

Thank you very much *insert a little bow here*, though I've gotten incredibly lucky when it comes to my armor pulls :)

If you have the capability, it seems like giving all of them Escape Route/Wings of Mercy could help with movement issues, though there's only so much you can do to counteract Mages/Armor-slayers outside of Fortify Armor and hoping for good fortune.

Edit: Also, you may want to be careful about double-posting - it tends to give the mods conniptions.

Edited by red-and-soulless

Up to 9/15 cavalry with a now fully-trained team and 3/15 fliers with Caeda still in training at 34, mostly from teams blue enough for Narcian to prey on. Armor team isn't ready yet but the Gwendy duo and Draug are getting close so I've been having them train with Hector babysitting.

1 hour ago, chirp said:

I would add All Artists, that is Singers & Dancers. And also Domestic Staff, the princes & princesses have had their day in the sunlight, now is the turn of the hard-working maids & butlers.

that;s alot of training to do. need to be ready.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Up to 9/15 cavalry with a now fully-trained team and 3/15 fliers with Caeda still in training at 34, mostly from teams blue enough for Narcian to prey on. Armor team isn't ready yet but the Gwendy duo and Draug are getting close so I've been having them train with Hector babysitting.

Managed to clear the Tenth Stratum with the armor team, but didn't get to count it towards the quest because one of the Gwendys died. Both Gwendys are at 39 now, while Draug hit 37 in the battle.

Still training Cav/Flier/Armor to level 40. At level 28. Jesus... Imma about to cry. (3 different teams worth of level 28).

Have 24 stamina pot and about 9 lucky days. (Assuming 1 day = 15 battles... since 200 stamina... I technically have only 5 days to train them all to as high as possible)

I'm 5/15 on the fliers quest (already finished infantry some time ago; why are all my 5-star units fucking infantry lol). Almost ran into a major issue on the tenth stratum, when my ~level 30 Narcian couldn't dent Tsubaki and no one else could either, but thankfully Tsubaki couldn't damage Narcian either and Narcian at least did some damage with retribution. It was funny.

19 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm thinking of giving my Subaki poison touch

My gods. That's not a bad idea. 

Its called poison strike btw...

For my quests, I've practically given up. I've gotten only 11/15 on infantry...

44 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

My gods. That's not a bad idea. 

Its called poison strike btw...

For my quests, I've practically given up. I've gotten only 11/15 on infantry...

Actually.... Poison Strike might be useful for the armours quests...

/looks at my multiple Matthews and Sheena/Draug's poor damage capacity

Now i just need to actually level them up. Long road ahead...

Finished everything except the armor quest, which is impossible with the units I have.

Infantry was by far the easiest. Had to dodge the swords, though, since I had Tiki on my team (and Falchion ruins my day).

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Actually.... Poison Strike might be useful for the armours quests...

/looks at my multiple Matthews and Sheena/Draug's poor damage capacity

Now i just need to actually level them up. Long road ahead...

I've considered that, too... but getting the sp for the armours is going to be painful. It might be doable since I won't be giving any of my three Draugs lunge lol. Subaki will be getting it for sure. I'll likely give up on the armour quest.

Cavalry stratum quest is finally completed.

Armours: 5* Lv.40 Hector, 4* Lv.32 Gwendolyn, 4* Lv.37 Effie, 4* Lv.31 Sheena.
Sheena is still yet to learn Fortify Armour, so I won't be attempting stratum 10 until she gets another 194 SP to learn it. Gwendolyn at least has Hone Armour so there's that. This team will be raised first since I also have that other quest to beat lunatic 7-5 with 4 armours. The stratum quest should not be too hard with all the buffs from fortify and hone stacking on to Hector and Effie.

Fliers: 5* Lv.40 Camilla, 5* Lv.34 Hinoka, 4* Lv.20 Michalis, 4* Lv.20 Subaki.
This team still needs more work, but I think it's doable considering Michalis and Subaki can get buffed and train themselves reliably using Hinoka's Hone Fliers. This should be relatively easy with Hone Fliers, despite the lack of red coverage in my team.

Cavalry quest is nearing completion. Armor quest has surpassed flier quest both in team levels and now in completions: sometimes Hector can just steamroll everything, but it's even more fun having Draug and the Gwendy duo stomp everything with their huge buffs. Draug finally learned Ward Armor upon hitting 38, which makes things easier, and the team was able to smash through the 7-5 armor mission easily. Caeda is now my only real straggler between the teams.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Cavalry quest is nearing completion. Armor quest has surpassed flier quest both in team levels and now in completions: sometimes Hector can just steamroll everything, but it's even more fun having Draug and the Gwendy duo stomp everything with their huge buffs. Draug finally learned Ward Armor upon hitting 38, which makes things easier, and the team was able to smash through the 7-5 armor mission easily. Caeda is now my only real straggler between the teams.

What levels were your armours when you started? I only have three Draugs and a Gwendolyn to my name xD

18 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

What levels were your armours when you started? I only have three Draugs and a Gwendolyn to my name xD

I think when the quests were released, I had Hector already at 40 and one Gwendy at about 30 from the lance mastery quests, while the other Gwendy was at 1 and Draug was at 20 but 3* until I got enough feathers from the latest Arena season to upgrade him to 4* and then start training him. All of them were up to at least the mid-30s by the time I started attempting Tenth Stratum with the armor team yesterday.

Your team sounds like it would have a much harder time due to the lack of Hector, due to him being both green and overall extremely powerful. But if you can find enough battles against a lot of axes and no blues, you can probably manage it, especially if you can give them any useful skill inheritances. I think it's worth a try.

My current team state:

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 11.01.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 11.01.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 11.01.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 11.01.19 AM.png

Edited by Othin

@Othin

Do you have any skills you recommend? I'm not sure I can get the sp for them to learn them, but I can keep them in mind. I'm not really expecting to complete the armour quest, but since I have four of them, figured I'd try it for the lols/agony xD

I would love a Hector. Just one little Hector v.v Even an Effie on my main account could have helped a bit more lol But I got all of them up to four stars, at least, and all have hit between 30 - 38 in levels

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

@Othin

Do you have any skills you recommend? I'm not sure I can get the sp for them to learn them, but I can keep them in mind. I'm not really expecting to complete the armour quest, but since I have four of them, figured I'd try it for the lols/agony xD

I would love a Hector. Just one little Hector v.v Even an Effie on my main account could have helped a bit more lol But I got all of them up to four stars, at least, and all have hit between 30 - 38 in levels

Pivot has been incredible on Hector. I think movement skills are pretty helpful in general, especially for armors: I had one Gwendy inherit Shove, although she hasn't learned it yet and I'm most of the way through the quest by now anyway. Other than Hector, I mostly just tossed on whatever skills I had readily available from extra duplicates that fit their open slots and seemed relevant. I avoided Lunge and Drag Back because both of them seem hard to use, especially on armors where messing up their positioning can be a huge issue. I also had Draug inherit Laslow's Silver Sword because Brave seemed ineffective on an armor. The most important thing is the armor buff skills they all have in their C slot, of course.

My armor team has been racking up clears fast; it's almost caught up to cavalry. Between Hector and the armor buff skills, the characters are just way more effective: with cavalry I have to wait for enemy teams where I can set up some sort of positive matchup against each enemy, while with armors I can take on pretty much anything that doesn't have too much magic and just hope that if there's anything with an armor-slaying weapon, I don't get the wrong characters trapped near it. This is not at all as bad as I feared, although again, a large part of that is Hector.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Pivot has been incredible on Hector. I think movement skills are pretty helpful in general, especially for armors: I had one Gwendy inherit Shove, although she hasn't learned it yet and I'm most of the way through the quest by now anyway. Other than Hector, I mostly just tossed on whatever skills I had readily available from extra duplicates that fit their open slots and seemed relevant. I avoided Lunge and Drag Back because both of them seem hard to use, especially on armors where messing up their positioning can be a huge issue. I also had Draug inherit Laslow's Silver Sword because Brave seemed ineffective on an armor. The most important thing is the armor buff skills they all have in their C slot, of course.

My armor team has been racking up clears fast; it's almost caught up to cavalry. Between Hector and the armor buff skills, the characters are just way more effective: with cavalry I have to wait for enemy teams where I can set up some sort of positive matchup against each enemy, while with armors I can take on pretty much anything that doesn't have too much magic and just hope that if there's anything with an armor-slaying weapon, I don't get the wrong characters trapped near it. This is not at all as bad as I feared, although again, a large part of that is Hector.

I'mma just yoink your Hector xD

I'll have to see how it goes... and pick my battles wisely...

So far my Hector still has Draw Back, Pavise, and Vantage 3 to learn. Not sure what I should upgrade first, since it will be a long time between each skill purchase, considering the slow SP income.

Training my shitty cavalry team is such a pain sometimes. I'm starting to think I need to upgrade some of my 3* cavs to 4* and start training again. My team at the moment is Eliwood, Ursula, Gunter, and Clarine. Do people think I can get away with upgrading only Gunter (for Hone Cavalry), or will I need to do Ursula as well?

I finished up fliers, though. Cherche is surprisingly good.