Falcom

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Casual here. *waves*

What's that thing?

Every time you do a map, the composition of the stratum resets. So some people just clear the 1 stamina starting stratum to "reroll" the composition of a higher stratum.

I don't think the quests are a problem for now -- they're not any more ridiculous than the March Lunatic quests (a la "clear Lunatic 7-5 with a full armor team"), and there are 27 easily accessible orbs. I do hope that this doesn't become a common occurrence though, because that would just suck.

If this did become a common occurrence, it should theoretically get easier each passing month. Our teams of 4 horses, 4 flyers, 4 armours, etc. will become more refined the more they get used. Before long, these types of "use 4 of this type of unit" quests will be considered nothing more than a PITA as opposed to a genuine challenge.

2 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

That's when they change it up and make us run crap like 4 staves and 4 daggers. :P:

Stall tactics best strategery.

Imagine all daggers and no effective weaponry because they'd know you'd run poison daggers.

3 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

That's when they change it up and make us run crap like 4 staves and 4 daggers. :P:

There it is. You've gone and jinxed us.

7 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

Cavalry and flying are at least possible. There are enough 3 and 4 star Cordelias and Jeigans and what not lying around that I could train up.

But four armored allies...

I have Hector. He can clear the Tenth Stratum on his own.

But the only other dude I have is Draug. None of the other ones are free are they?

I dont have Cordelia.. though its feasible. Cav is easy because of mage knight.

ARMOR .. I only have Wendy and Draug.

Lesson learn: Train all your units to level 40 at 4*

15 minutes ago, Raven said:

If this did become a common occurrence, it should theoretically get easier each passing month. Our teams of 4 horses, 4 flyers, 4 armours, etc. will become more refined the more they get used. Before long, these types of "use 4 of this type of unit" quests will be considered nothing more than a PITA as opposed to a genuine challenge.

There's a lot of raising the ante going on, to keep people on their toes once they reach each goal. The hardest versions of these quests are meant to pose a challenge to people who have already gotten strong enough characters to beat the previous hardest quests between like the monthly Lunatic quests and the previous set of weapon type quests, so they'll probably keep making things even more ridiculous so that people who can master these will still have a challenge.

Wonder when we'll get "clear the Tenth Stratum using a team of four dragon units". Hmm, maybe I shouldn't inherit skills from my spare Adult Tiki...

6 hours ago, JJ48 said:

I don't suppose there's much chance that we've all had 4 Level 40, 5-Star Kellams all along and just never noticed them?

I love how no one noticed this post and if so didn't acknowledge it, much like Kellam himself.  I think these quests are silly, but like the four armoured units on level 7-5 isn't.  I do think they should release more armoured units before they do this though because I have a 4* Draug and a 3* Gwendolyn, I have no chance of beating this, even if they are high leveled.  As for Cavalier and Flying Units, It is manageable with effort because there are a lot of these units out there and they have been focus.  The only armored unit as a part of a focus was Effie for a short period of time. My Cavalier team will probably be ran by Leo and Sully while Camilla and Cordelia should save me for the flyers.

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

For you, it has to be 4 Ninians.

Goddammit.

But that means I need to pull 16 more Ninians instead of 13. Stop bullying my wallet! >:[

EDIT: And I just +10ed my Nowi, too.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I actually don't have a problem with these quests. 

Yes they're difficult but that's the point, Anna even says so at the bottom.  I think this is much better than releasing quests that anyone could do without thought over and over again.  I am still very upset they got rid of the daily log in orbs...those should have stayed on forever...  I also think IS is trying to reward players for training all kinds of units, not just your 5*s.

I bet I'm the only one who will be able to do the horse one and not the infantry one.  xD

17 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I actually don't have a problem with these quests. 

Yes they're difficult but that's the point, Anna even says so at the bottom.  I think this is much better than releasing quests that anyone could do without thought over and over again.  I am still very upset they got rid of the daily log in orbs...those should have stayed on forever...  I also think IS is trying to reward players for training all kinds of units, not just your 5*s.

I bet I'm the only one who will be able to do the horse one and not the infantry one.  xD

Yeah, options are good. If they'd left off the four Tenth Stratum quests, no one would be complaining because hey, 24 free Orbs, but it wouldn't have the same excitement for those of us who can try going for those challenges. There's a joke among Magic: the Gathering players that if packs contained $100 bills, people would complain about how they were folded. This seems a bit reminiscent of that.

The armor one is probably going to be undoable for me. Two 3* Gwendolyn's, one 4* Gwendolyn, and 2* free Draug. Unless I get really lucky with the RNG for 10th Stratum and feel like raising armors that high.

It kind of sucks but at least it's something to work towards grinding SP. And I agree with @Lushen and @Othin to an extent. They're options/quests. Sucks it taunts you that you could have more Orbs that you're not likely to get, but the offer is there for others who have the armors but--for example--not the cavalry or flying.

The armor quests are actually what got me into considering keeping four of a movement type/weapon type at the least.

58 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Goddammit.

But that means I need to pull 16 more Ninians instead of 13. Stop bullying my wallet! >:[

EDIT: And I just +10ed my Nowi, too.

If you don't mind murdering your wallet, go for 4x +10 Ninian with good Boon/Bane combos and all with good skill sets.

How feasible is it to clear the tenth stratum of the training tower using only 4-star units? Technically, I have enough units of each needed type to be able to complete each of these tenth stratum quests. But the highest rarity for all of my cavalry, flying, and armor units is 4-star. Would level 40 4-star units be able to clear the tenth stratum?

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

How feasible is it to clear the tenth stratum of the training tower using only 4-star units? Technically, I have enough units of each needed type to be able to complete each of these tenth stratum quests. But the highest rarity for all of my cavalry, flying, and armor units is 4-star. Would level 40 4-star units be able to clear the tenth stratum?

You need to be really lucky. The 10th level employs the whole "if someone min-maxed inheritance" shebang.

There was a whole armor squad that had distant counter and wary fighter that I fought.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

You need to be really lucky. The 10th level employs the whole "if someone min-maxed inheritance" shebang.

There was a whole armor squad that had distant counter and wary fighter that I fought.

Ahaha, wow, that so troll XD

Still, I'll take "really lucky" over "not a chance". If I'm lucky, I'll get enough feathers to promote someone to 5-star as well, although said someone is probably going to be Tsubaki, because he's the highest flying unit I have and I'm hoping he will be more competent with a promotion.

15 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

If you don't mind murdering your wallet, go for 4x +10 Ninian with good Boon/Bane combos and all with good skill sets.

On that note, putting any duplicates without any other uses towards using Inherit Skill to help prepare characters for the Tenth Stratum missions seems like it could be one thing to make them easier. It doesn't have to just be for Arena-level 5*s: I started saving all my duplicates once Inherit Skill was announced, and I already have more than I can put to use on just my top units.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It might be difficult, but I'm sure it's possible sometimes, especially if you aim for convenient weapon types and do some amount of skill inheriting.

Tenth Stratum can be difficult, but not always. I just attempted it twice with my best 5* red/green/blue infantry plus Wrys for healing: the first time, only two of them made it through, but the second time was a much easier battle with two of the enemies being healers and I was able to get everyone to survive without any real trouble.

You need to meta-game it to an extent. Like, just a bit back, I described how I got +1 to the cavalry quest using 4* Ursula, 4* -Atk Sully, 4* LV30 Eliwood and 3* Clarine. This team struggled a bit due to both sides ending up with an unfortunate amount of tank. This is also with me having a very favourable match-up in that the forecast was 2x sword, 1x red tome and 1x staff. I was basically keeping an eye out for this, knowing that my cavalry team's offense would be heavily skewed toward blue (Eliwood's not up to the point where he can frontline yet and Fred is a bit slow and mediocre to be carrying the whole team).

So, keep an eye out for an enemy comp that your team has a clear advantage over before even going into the fight. If you end up in a hurry, it's also possible to fish for this by by doing other missions (anything in the story, Arena or another stratum within the Tower counts). The Tower rerolls itself every time one of those is done, so if you just keep doing a 1-Stam stratum over and over, you can eventually force it into your favour. I think restarting the app also works for this, but that tends to be an annoying pain on most devices.