Training Tower Quest Woes

Falcom

I hate the tenth floor with a burning passion. Maybe I just suck at this game, but all the units seem far too overpowered and their skills just broken. Even when the weaponry is in my favour, the enemy are still able to slaughter my lot. Sure, they're four stars but it's not like I have enough feathers to promote even one unit, never mind an entire team -.-

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Make a summoning pentacle for Cherche and pass Pivot to all of them.

I shooooould

4 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Casual here. *waves*

What's that thing?

Use 1 stamina to auto-battle roll over a stratum 0 map so i can pray for favorable compositions in 8-10

I did it a lot whenever I needed to get units to 40, gotta maximize exp

3 hours ago, Lushen said:

I actually don't have a problem with these quests. 

Yes they're difficult but that's the point, Anna even says so at the bottom.  I think this is much better than releasing quests that anyone could do without thought over and over again.  I am still very upset they got rid of the daily log in orbs...those should have stayed on forever...  I also think IS is trying to reward players for training all kinds of units, not just your 5*s.

I bet I'm the only one who will be able to do the horse one and not the infantry one.  xD

I hope they have a group of quests like this going consistently.  If they have a batch of these quests twice a month, it would be enough to make up for the lack of 2 Orbs a day.

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I hate the tenth floor with a burning passion. Maybe I just suck at this game, but all the units seem far too overpowered and their skills just broken. Even when the weaponry is in my favour, the enemy are still able to slaughter my lot. Sure, they're four stars but it's not like I have enough feathers to promote even one unit, never mind an entire team -.-

I wish they didn't have the caveat that everyone had to survive, I seem to have at least one death there 90% of the time.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I hope they have a group of quests like this going consistently.  If they have a batch of these quests twice a month, it would be enough to make up for the lack of 2 Orbs a day.

I wish they didn't have the caveat that everyone had to survive, I seem to have at least one death there 90% of the time.

Yup. I'm trying so hard to keep all units alive that I keep ending up not beating it at all -.- 

I don't really mind the quests in principle, but there are two annoyances for me. One, the armor quest, which is because there are just so few armor units in the game period, and most of them were never part of focuses either.

The second is the 15 times you have to do each one: that's just gonna be so tedious. Even for groups that I have lots of high star and high leveled units (flyers and infantry) it's gonna be a bit annoying just because of that.

Are the rewards not calculating properly for anyone else? 

I have a colorless unit (Takumi) on my team and I've cleared the 8th level a few times today. I know that at least 3/4 times all 4 of my units survived yet quest progress is only showing 1/5. I just beat it again a couple of seconds ago and it didn't register.

11 minutes ago, Res said:

Are the rewards not calculating properly for anyone else? 

I have a colorless unit (Takumi) on my team and I've cleared the 8th level a few times today. I know that at least 3/4 times all 4 of my units survived yet quest progress is only showing 1/5. I just beat it again a couple of seconds ago and it didn't register.

The 8th quest is 10 times.  I just did it with Sakura on my team, and it registered properly.

20 minutes ago, Mad_Scientist said:

I don't really mind the quests in principle, but there are two annoyances for me. One, the armor quest, which is because there are just so few armor units in the game period, and most of them were never part of focuses either.

The second is the 15 times you have to do each one: that's just gonna be so tedious. Even for groups that I have lots of high star and high leveled units (flyers and infantry) it's gonna be a bit annoying just because of that.

i feel like the bigger problem is that the ones that you have to do 15 times with the same unit type are the tenth stratum

like, you pretty much need 5 star units to finish that stuff, and I don't have a single 5 star cavalier flier or knight

6 minutes ago, unique said:

i feel like the bigger problem is that the ones that you have to do 15 times with the same unit type are the tenth stratum

like, you pretty much need 5 star units to finish that stuff, and I don't have a single 5 star cavalier flier or knight

Infantry is plenty doable with 4* units.  I'm going to do flying/horses with 4* as well.

Armors is not going to happen, short of Effie and Hector falling into my lap.

6 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Yo. I want to see. Screenshot pls.

It's like seeing a relic of the gods. Something I will never ever see in my game.

+Atk, -Res. Not sure if there's a better nature since the match-ups were done before skill inheritance. I still have +Atk with -HP, -Def, and another -Res as well as +Def with -Res in case one of those is better.

Burned through 180,000 feathers to make her, though, and I'd feel bad to not field her at some point.

Spoiler

ajPVD3T.jpg

EDIT: Random calcs because I'm bored:

With Swordbreaker 3, takes 28 damage from +10 [+Spd, -Res] Lucina (which, by the way, I have one of) and returns fire for 42x2 damage (one-round kill).

With Triangle Adept 3 (replacing Def +3) and Swordbreaker 3, takes 15 damage from same Lucina and returns fire for 52x2 damage (one-hit kill). I suppose at this point, Swordbreaker is superfluous.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I can do the fliers, infantry, and cavalry I guess. Already 14/15 on cavalry, 2/15 on fliers, and none of infantry.

For the Armor, I'll see whether Wendy, Sheena, and double Draug can seal the deal.

I should be able to do the cavalry one since I have a few level 40 cavs and Elise for mounted healing. Fliers would probably be easier once I get Michalis. Armours is out of the question. I don't even have 4 yet.

That being said, I haven't gotten much progress on any of them yet as I'm still SP grinding.

I almost beat the tenth stratum using my underleveled team of fliers. Stupid Saizou decided to be ridiculously bulky and prevent me from doing a clear. I can definitely clear the tenth stratum, as long as I am picky about what I'm sending my team up against. Florina and Tsubaki are my highest leveled fliers, so anything with lots of reds will be doable for them.

I've got 4* Cain, Gunter, Jagen, and Clarine, all in the high 30s, so I might be able to do the cav quest, but there's no way in hell I'm getting the flyers or armors.

I suck at this one so hard, I can't even do it with infantry properly -.- Darn, why am I so bad at strategy when I love to play strategy games so much? xD

Might just wait for a load of greenies to appear and sic Roy on them...

Thanks to the bonus experience, I can train up my other units.  I have two level 40 cavaliers/fliers, so it's a matter of adding units to those.

Just now, XhenD said:

does it count towards the quest if we use Light's Blessing?

As long as all four are alive at the end of the map.  So yes, you can use a Light's Blessing or four.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

As long as all four are alive at the end of the map.  So yes, you can use a Light's Blessing or four.

that's good to know...the real question will be how many would I need for one fight lol

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

+Atk, -Res. Not sure if there's a better nature since the match-ups were done before skill inheritance. I still have +Atk with -HP, -Def, and another -Res as well as +Def with -Res in case one of those is better.

Burned through 180,000 feathers to make her, though, and I'd feel bad to not field her at some point.

Reveal hidden contents

ajPVD3T.jpg

EDIT: Random calcs because I'm bored:

With Swordbreaker 3, takes 28 damage from +10 [+Spd, -Res] Lucina (which, by the way, I have one of) and returns fire for 42x2 damage (one-round kill).

With Triangle Adept 3 (replacing Def +3) and Swordbreaker 3, takes 15 damage from same Lucina and returns fire for 52x2 damage (one-hit kill). I suppose at this point, Swordbreaker is superfluous.

S support me with a giant metal pole...

Do you regret the money you spent on this game at any point? XD

So uh how plausible is it to clear the 10th stratum with just a 5* Effie and 4* Sheena? I have a 3* and 2* Draug now for the armor quest but I don't have the patience to train them as well lol.

2 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

So uh how plausible is it to clear the 10th stratum with just a 5* Effie and 4* Sheena? I have a 3* and 2* Draug now for the armor quest but I don't have the patience to train them as well lol.

Depends on what enemies get rolled.