Training Tower Quest Woes

Falcom

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Reloaded said:

So uh how plausible is it to clear the 10th stratum with just a 5* Effie and 4* Sheena? I have a 3* and 2* Draug now for the armor quest but I don't have the patience to train them as well lol.

With a team of all armors, keeping the weaker units out of trouble while the stronger ones kick ass seems pretty impractical unless you get a really well-suited map. I don't think it's likely to go well.

Cavquest is actually going pretty well considering my only 5* is Reinhardt and his durability is ass (which isn't a problem with Olivia, but it's harder to deal with without). Lots of saves by Sully's draw back. I got her Jagen's Fortify Cav, though I need SP to work it.

I rolled a bunch of cav maps up in 10, though, so Ursula's actually putting in work as well. 

5 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Cavquest is actually going pretty well considering my only 5* is Reinhardt and his durability is ass (which isn't a problem with Olivia, but it's harder to deal with without). Lots of saves by Sully's draw back. I got her Jagen's Fortify Cav, though I need SP to work it.

I rolled a bunch of cav maps up in 10, though, so Ursula's actually putting in work as well. 

Yeah, for Cavalry, you can mix it up a little easier, I find. Unlike armors or fliers, you can attack at range.

I'm running the exact same team, Reinhardt, Ursula, and Sully, with Jagen subbing in. I really wish I had an Eldigan or Eliwood now, but I'm making it work.

6 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Yeah, for Cavalry, you can mix it up a little easier, I find. Unlike armors or fliers, you can attack at range.

I'm running the exact same team, Reinhardt, Ursula, and Sully, with Jagen subbing in. I really wish I had an Eldigan or Eliwood now, but I'm making it work.

I ended up beating it with pretty much Reinhardt doing 90% of the attacking. I actually had Gunter instead of Jagen--I meant I let Sully inherit Jagen's Fortify Cav, haha

I just skipped all the ones with any green (let the infantry team take those, they got Ryoma) --- Reinhard boosted by Hone Cav was good enough to take down just mostly about anything and Sully/Gunther can contribute some damage if it's those high-res types.

Desert map was my best friend--There's always that one unit Reinhardt can just remove from starting position--and Sully right in range to drag him out of range of any other ranged units that can double him.

Sully could've done more attacking, but I have a shitton of skills sitting in Reinhardt's reserves so I prioritized him so he can actually have the SP to afford everything. Would be nice if I could just give him a couple hundred from Ryoma--he wouldn't even notice.

Flierquest feels like surrender at the first sight of Takumi. Oh well, we'll have Michalis soon so that might help.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Finished everything except for the Armored quest. My only armored unit is the free 2* Draug, so.... that's probably going to stay unfinished.

Cavalry quest wasn't so bad. There's a lot of variety in the mounted units and I ended up completing it using a team of: 5* Eldigan, 5* Elise, 4* Cecilia, and a 4* Ursula. This gave me a nice balance of colors as well as lots of ranged options. Part of what makes the cavalry quest bearable is how easy it is to kite the enemy around the map using that superior 3 MOV and just how varied the roles for units within this move type is in general.

The flyers quest on the other hand... I blew a lot of Light's Blessings. :cry: I ran Palla, Catria, Est, and Camilla who were all 4*.  Catria and Camilla were my main combatants while Palla was there for the Goad Fliers buff and tanking any green units with her Ruby Sword. Est was just there for the Shove utility lol. While these units are all fairly good, the real problem with this team is that none of them are hard hitters without special skills and I would find myself being straight up walled by 36+ DEF units. A problem with fliers in general is that they're ALL melee combatants with 2 MOV so it makes getting damage in with more than one unit the worst.

5 minutes ago, Otorio said:

The flyers quest on the other hand... I blew a lot of Light's Blessings. :cry: I ran Palla, Catria, Est, and Camilla who were all 4*.  Catria and Camilla were my main combatants while Palla was there for the Goad Fliers buff and tanking any green units with her Ruby Sword. Est was just there for the Shove utility lol. While these units are all fairly good, the real problem with this team is that none of them are hard hitters without special skills and I would find myself being straight up walled by 36+ DEF units. A problem with fliers in general is that they're ALL melee combatants with 2 MOV so it makes getting damage in with more than one unit the worst.

My eventual plan for the flying quests is Camilla, Palla, Subaki, and Cherche.  Camilla's a nuke, Palla has red and that fliers skill, Cherche is anti-knight, and Subaki's job is to reposition, murder reds, and bait arrows (really).  Currently leveling Cherche and Palla, and not much survives them!  Subaki's just shy of level 40, and Camilla's already there.

Merric's gonna screw me hard, though.

EDIT: *rereads last sentence*  . . .nah, it's staying.  Take that as you will. :P:

Edited by eclipse

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

My eventual plan for the flying quests is Camilla, Palla, Subaki, and Cherche.  Camilla's a nuke, Palla has red and that fliers skill, Cherche is anti-knight, and Subaki's job is to reposition, murder reds, and bait arrows (really).  Currently leveling Cherche and Palla, and not much survives them!  Subaki's just shy of level 40, and Camilla's already there.

Merric's gonna screw me hard, though.

Sounds like a good team! 

It really is too bad that this quest asks for Tenth Stratum instead of Ninth Stratum... The units in there are just straight up broken at times so sometimes you lose before it even begins. Luck of the draw and all that. One of the runs I had to just surrender was one where there was a 40 DEF Oboro. Camilla was doing 0x4 damage to that thing...

Edited by Otorio

I just recently drew a 5* Catria, so just training her up to join my Minerva, Palla, and Camilla, which will hopefully carry me through the filers quest.

My Cavalry team is going to be Eldigan, Ursula, Frederick, and Priscilla. It will be great to have Fury not be a ticking time bomb for Eldigan anymore and then he can wall off swords and axes for as long as he need to. Still training everyone but Eldigan, but I don't think Priscilla needs to be that high level to aid them.

Armor I not going to bother, My Draug, Gwendolen, and Sheena are stuck around level 25, Effie is higher but I discover she has -ATK so that sucks.

Edited by ExpendableExtra
Added Armor

Finished infantry, I'm going to try Horses I have to run teams of completely 4* Stars (Abel, Cain, Celica, Ursula).  This one's a little hard because it's a zero tank set up but it's all the horses I have.  Cause I don't want to waste feathers on Jagen and there is no way even if I did I'll have time to raise to him. This is my highest total level set up (besides infantry of course) just a bad team comp.

I can luck out on the armor one and hopefully find maps that 5* Effie can solo, because other than that all I have are two 4* Sheena, and a 3* Draug that's basically they're just look pretty.  I'm going to attempt to train the Sheena's so I can get fortify armor. 

For flying I just need to train my fliers more but that team is all 4* (Narcian, Cordelia, Cherche, Camilla).  But I have overall decent set up would be better if I was able to train Palla but I don't want to waste feathers and I don't have the time.  No idea if I'll be able to finish any of these but I'm going to try.

Edited by Locke087

Finished the Cavalry (by far the easiest one) and Fliers (frustrating because they keep throwing tanks at me). Now I'm halfway through Infantry before I can level rush my Armors.

I've got all the Quests below 8th Stratum done.

I'm 8/15 on Infantry 10th Stratum.  I lose sometimes do to Skill cheese, but only Stamina is really keeping from from finishing this one today.

I'm raising up Gunter to add to my Cavalry team of Abel, Leo, and Olwen.  I think that's a decent team.  I picked Gunter to balance out the physical/magic and complete the weapon triangle.

Flyers will be tough, since there are no Magic flyers, nor even Healers, so I could see getting walled easily by high Def units.  I've got Camilla and Hinoka at 5* level 40.  I've got Est at level 40, which would give me another Blue.  I deciding to level up one of my Pallas to give me a Red.  I see this one being tough, but doable.

Armors: oh, boy, I've got Hector and Effie to utilize, but even with that, this one will be painful.  I guess I'll need Draug for Red, and then either Wendy or Sheena.

Completed the infantry quest too. The others are unwinnable for me.
My fliers are neglected, my armours underleveled, my cavalry non-existent.

Edited by Vaximillian

Let's see...

6th Stratum - Need to use a Blue Unit to clear 5 more times. Thing is, I need to level up a different Blue character (currently working on 4* Odin who is Level 20), but it is definitely doable. There's no need for overkill when I can use the Training Tower properly and complete quests at the same time!

8th Stratum - Need to use any Grey on the starting Lunatic level. Actually, I could just run any 3 characters with a healer now that I think about it...

10, Infantry - Much harder than originally anticipated, mostly in trying to keep everyone alive. I've been hoping to make small progress as I do my dailies, but I keep losing one unit (usually Kagero). I may just need to re-think my Lunatic composition.

10, Cavalry - I think I got this one. I have a Cain ready to go, so I just need to level up 4* Jeigan, 4* Stahl, and 4* Ursula (all around level 30). I do have a good Gunter, but he is 3* rank and does not have Hone Cavalry. I'll need to unlock his potential to 4-Star rank and train him up again before I can field him. Gunter will be my fallback plan if the current team fails.

10, Fliers - This one is going to be rough. All I have is Camilla and 2 4* Cherches around level 33. Then, for optimized units, I can field either Narcian or Beruka, but they are 3* rank and are still around level 20 (and are also Green). // I could field some of my unoptimized fliers (Caeda, Palla, Shanna), but I don't really want to use my time training unoptimized units. Maybe I can get away with training Caeda "just enough" for Fortify Fliers and hope I get all lances against my all axe team.

10, Armor - 3 Level 1 Draugs & Level 20 Sheena? I don't think this is happening...

I was planning on training up Eliwood and Clarine to join Sully and Ursula for the cavalry quest, but Stahl seems quite a bit more effective than Eliwood and I just pulled Priscilla, so it looks like I'm going with those two instead. For the flier quest, I have Catria and Narcian trained and need to get Florina and Caeda to join them; like Stahl, they're in the mid-20s, so they're partway there but it's the easy part. Won't be able to make much progress on training up to the armor quest until I get the next batch of arena feathers to upgrade Draug to 4*, although I can work on my two Gwendys at some point to train them up to match Hector.

I was able to make some progress on the infantry quest while getting my newly 5* Sharena her last few levels to hit 40, but I'm not sure I should even attempt the other ones until I have full teams of 40. Maybe the cavalry one; that probably won't be too terrible, although I'm still a ways away.

I'm still salty that I don't have enough armors. And I didn't even send anyone home ;_;

Though all the others are doable for me. Infantry is a breeze and I'll finish that up once stamina replenishes. Fliers are a bit more difficult but is still easy as long as they are against a blue team. Minerva and Camilla pull this team for me, Beruka and Palla are lv30-35 but are there for placeholder. I would have added a lance flier but gacha hates me so the only ones I have are be 3* Est, Subaki, or Florina. The cav team is the hardest as I don't have any 5* cavs but should hold up with Sully, Frederick, and once I train them up, Ursula and Gunter/Jagen, all 4*. 

Doing these quests made me realize how many greens I have compared to the other colors. I'm literally only missing 5 green units (Hector, Julia, Fae, Hawkeye, Sheena)  from the complete set. 

Edited by Kiran

Armor and Flier are really painful since they have no magic damage. I'd say an armourslayer, triangle adept or a gem weapon is required for your sanity/preservation of stamina pots. Full survival on top of everything else is just such a troll.

I'll take this month as a lesson in not sending away/sacrificing units though. Gotta keep at least 4 of every type trained and at level 40, preferably one of every type and colour.

1 hour ago, lysander said:

Armor and Flier are really painful since they have no magic damage. I'd say an armourslayer, triangle adept or a gem weapon is required for your sanity/preservation of stamina pots. Full survival on top of everything else is just such a troll.

I'll take this month as a lesson in not sending away/sacrificing units though. Gotta keep at least 4 of every type trained and at level 40, preferably one of every type and colour.

I'm glad that I only ever sent home duplicates.  Should I be crazy enough, I have enough units to do even the Armor quest.  I only have a full infantry team ready at 40, though.

cleared everything that's reasonably doable (aka not flier and armors). Currently training a squad of fliers--Catria (already 40), Palla, Tsubaki, and Cherche, all 4*. Cherche's -spd though, so Tsubaki will probably have to do the bulk of the actual tanking. Rip. If I roll a barst Cherche can get his Brave Axe, though.

4*Effie, 4*Sheena, and a 3 and 2 Draug just doesn't seem to be worth it for armorquest.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm going to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and train Ursula for use in next week's arena and towards the all-cav tower quest. Sitting on 13/15 complete for infantry, so that's just a matter of time.

My other cavalry options would be my Lv.40 Jagen and Lv.38 Clarine. I have no 5* cavalry. I could also raise Gunter, or even my 3* Stahl since my 4* Abel is proving to be trash. I suppose Ursula, Jagen, Gunter and Clarine should do it if I cheese enough of the battles.

For armours, I have my maxed Hector, and a 4* Lv.37 Effie. Gwendolyn and Sheena should plug the holes in while Hector and Sheena roll through the maps.

Flying units... Maxed Camilla and a 5* Lv.34 Hinoka.Then there's basically nothing but a 4* Lv.22 Cherche, and 3* untouched Palla, Est, Shanna, and Narcian. This is the one that's least likely to be completed.

33 minutes ago, Raven said:

I'm going to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and train Ursula for use in next week's arena and towards the all-cav tower quest. Sitting on 13/15 complete for infantry, so that's just a matter of time.

My other cavalry options would be my Lv.40 Jagen and Lv.38 Clarine. I have no 5* cavalry. I could also raise Gunter, or even my 3* Stahl since my 4* Abel is proving to be trash. I suppose Ursula, Jagen, Gunter and Clarine should do it if I cheese enough of the battles.

For armours, I have my maxed Hector, and a 4* Lv.37 Effie. Gwendolyn and Sheena should plug the holes in while Hector and Sheena roll through the maps.

Flying units... Maxed Camilla and a 5* Lv.34 Hinoka.Then there's basically nothing but a 4* Lv.22 Cherche, and 3* untouched Palla, Est, Shanna, and Narcian. This is the one that's least likely to be completed.

From my experience, Jagen and Gunter are pretty much support units that can't fight very well, Your going to have pin a lot of your hopes on Ursula to pull through, hope she got Blarblade!

Okay, fuck this. Trying to do the fliers one, and it feels fucking impossible. Why are all the fliers so weak? Camilla can solo a map if it's Blue only, but the other people do absolutely nothing for me. I have 4* Palla, 3* Cherche and 3* Subaki.

I think I'll just do Cavalry instead. Fuck fliers.