Training Tower Quest Woes

Falcom

So I gave Stahl Hone Cavalry.  Suddenly, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel~!

- If Frederick gets Luna off, his target dies, end of story
- Ursula can bait a lot more mages
- Priscilla doesn't chip, she kills things

The best I can do for fliers is Palla's Goad Fliers.  It's secured me some ORKOs with Camilla/Cherche.  Subaki's a hilarious physical wall.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I got through the infantry and flying quests easily enough. For the latter, the combination of Subaki and Narcian tanked red and blue units easy enough, even at 3*, and Camilla and Cordelia (5* and 4*, respectively) provided necessary firepower. I think I actually found it easier than the infantry quest thanks to their mobility. I need to start bringing some fliers into my arena team.

No idea if I can manage the cavalry quest, though. The only trained units I have are Ursula (4*), Frederick (3*), Cecilia (4*), and Gunter (4*). While not bad, they seemed to have trouble dealing with the enemies on the top floor. I have a Sully I could train up... maybe that would help.

Okay, on my main account, I'm slowly making headway. Finally figured out how to use Azura properly (took me far too long) and caned the infantry side. Cavalry and flying side are slowly going up, but most of my cavalry are mages. I'm still figuring out how to use Abel. He's just so squishy for me. I tend to switch between him and Sully, with Leo, Reinhardt and Gunter (occasionally Cecilia depending on the units), making up the main force. None are level 40 yet, though... Subaki and Narcian are pretty much my only valid fighters. I'm trying to power level Palla so I have the full weapons triangle, and it's worked a bit. They do not do dragons or armours, though. Armour quest remains a no go. I'm going to do the first three ones first before deciding if I want to try unleashing a Draugocalypse... 

On my second account, I've done the flying one, since I have Camilla, Hinoka, Palla and Subaki to destroy everything, and I am having a go at the infantry one since Sanaki blows a lot of things up. I add or remove triange adept as necessary but usually have it off, since she destroys even blue physicals quite often without it :O Cavalry and Armour are likely no goes. Cavalry are mostly three star and not the best, whilst I only have Effie and the free Draug for armours. 

Edited by Cute Chao

Since I have the cavalry quest out of the way and I don't even have enough armour for that quest I figure I better do fliers and hope there're no archers. 

I'm looking for a little advice on putting a team together since I have a few choices.

Fliers I have (who are around the appropriate level) are:

Est, Palla, Florina, Beruka, and Narcian.  (all 4*)

There is also that 2* Subaki but training him is painful with his low attack

I figure I ought to include as many colors as possible so Palla's gotta go in, but then I'm not sure in regards to Narcian vs Beruka and I'm not sure if Subaki is worth it. 

What do you think?

1 minute ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

Since I have the cavalry quest out of the way and I don't even have enough armour for that quest I figure I better do fliers and hope there're no archers. 

I'm looking for a little advice on putting a team together since I have a few choices.

Fliers I have (who are around the appropriate level) are:

Est, Palla, Florina, Beruka, and Narcian.  (all 4*)

There is also that 2* Subaki but training him is painful with his low attack

I figure I ought to include as many colors as possible so Palla's gotta go in, but then I'm not sure in regards to Narcian vs Beruka and I'm not sure if Subaki is worth it. 

What do you think?

Subaki can damage just about every red unit not named Draug (yes, even Hinata).  I'd go full jewels with Palla, Subaki, Narcian, with Florina in the final slot, since she's your lone source of healing.  See if you can shove a Fortify skill on Subaki.

42 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Subaki can damage just about every red unit not named Draug (yes, even Hinata).  I'd go full jewels with Palla, Subaki, Narcian, with Florina in the final slot, since she's your lone source of healing.  See if you can shove a Fortify skill on Subaki.

Subaki's level is higher than his attack... This is going to be an uphill battle just getting Subaki to 4*. I also noticed that Ardent Sacrifice + Wings of Mercy allows for a few mean tricks with controlled hp reduction. Maybe a hone attack from Olivia or Barst to speed things up?

Maybe if I give Florina a Renewal from Lissa she can use Ardent Sacrifice a bit more often?

Edited by BestFriendJ0

4 minutes ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

Subaki's level is higher than his attack... This is going to be an uphill battle just getting Subaki to 4*. I also noticed that Ardent Sacrifice + Wings of Mercy allows for a few mean tricks with controlled hp reduction. Maybe a hone attack from Olivia or Barst to speed things up?

Use shards to get him up to level 20, then get him to 3*.  Your goal is instant Sapphire Lance.  Once he gets that, it's a lot less painful.

Bring Azama, if you have him.  Pain is great for chipping targets down.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Use shards to get him up to level 20, then get him to 3*.  Your goal is instant Sapphire Lance.  Once he gets that, it's a lot less painful.

Bring Azama, if you have him.  Pain is great for chipping targets down.

No Azama, but maybe Matthew? 

I'm glad you mentioned the shards, I would have never thought of them, this is why I need help.

Just now, BestFriendJ0 said:

Matthew works as well.  Just make sure that you don't accidentally kill your target!

7 hours ago, Raven said:

Despite the 1.5x XP boost, raising units to level 40 is still a real drag. Maybe raising one armour at a time is the way to go instead of fielding them all just to train two. So fucking tedious.

Agree with you there. Fielding 4 Armors is just really tedious. What's more, hey're not a damage horse if their name is not Hector or Efiie so they go down first before the enemy due to difference in damage output. :(

Clearing the 10th Stratum with Armors starts to look bleak.

About halfway done with flierquest now--If I get at least 2 red (preferably 2 swords), 1 or less blues, and no axes/bows/Matthew I can generally clear it, Palla's (+spd, -atk) fairly weak and has trouble damaging axes even with ruby sword, since the relative higher durability of axe units doesn't help--dealing with a lot of Frederick, Hector, and Berukas. Goad Fliers is useful as fuck, though. Cherche is good for an occasional hit but her low speed makes her durability lower than her defense suggests, so preferably she doesn't have to deal with more than 1 unit. Catria and Tsubaki are putting in good work, with Catria being better at damage and Tsubaki just facewalls reds. 32 defense with a sapphire lance is pretty baller and his poor atk isn't too much of an issue because most reds are squishy anyway. Just let him sit there and Quick Riposte will do its work.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Finally managed to do the infantry quest. No way on earth am I doing the other ones. I'm good with what I got. (Although it's very tempting...)

Stratum 8 and lower and stratum 10 infantry now done.

I'm seriously going to need to transfer Pivot onto my entire armor team before I do armor and maybe train up one of my +Atk Draugs to replace my neutral one since his Atk is somewhat low. Might also switch Gwendolyn out for Effie, but I don't have any Effies with a particularly good nature.

Cavalry is not going to work until I get red and green cavalry units. Peri, Reinhardt, Ursula, and Elise is not exactly what you'd call a balanced team.

I tried flying, but my team is lacking the offensive hitting power to break through the tankier units' defenses. Hinoka, Camilla, Camilla, and Minerva is also hardly balanced.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I'm actually really enjoying these now. It's really forcing me to work my units' skills like I've never really had to before.

I just had a pretty interesting battle with my flying team, actually. The enemy was three swords and a lance, so I decided to give it a go. Unfortunately, three of those four were fliers, and there were a lot of passive buffs flying around.

To start with, Cordy nuked Fir (the one infantry enemy). After that, Est took out one of the lance fliers (they were either both Catrias or both Shannas - I don't recall), but that left her on 1 HP. I kited a bit to try and separate the enemy Catria and Shiida, but I got backed into a corner - Cherche couldn't kite any further, and Palla and Est had only one safe space between them. Luckily, I noticed that Cordelia had Galeforce ready, so I used her to defeat Shiida before skipping out of Catria's range. This gave Palla and Est the room to avoid being killed.

Catria exchanged blows with Cherche, then I managed to Pivot her out of range (Cherche had 8 HP left, and Catria was on 19) and get everyone into position to mob Catria. Unfortunately, Catria had her proc ready. My options were Cherche attacks for 18 then dies, Cordelia attacks for 2x9 then dies (17x2 plus the proc activating against 36 HP), or Est attacks for 3 (and dies). It made me feel pretty smart when I checked Palla and noticed her Spur Spd. ^_^

Have anyone managed to beat 10th Stratum with 4x level 40 at 4* units? I really dont want to lose the orbs ... but is what I plan

Armor: Hector, Wendy, Draug, Draug (There's no other Armor units than Effie... damn game)

DraugS are at 3* (thx dupe) ... Aiming to spend 2000 feathers to promote one of them.
Recently pulled Hector. On his way training upward. Wendy at level 40.

Cavalier: Ursula, Cecilia, Eliwood, Frederick (Also have 4* Stahl at level 1)

Pulled Eliwood and Frederick recently. E at 4* ... F at 3* ... going to promote him to 4* because BIAS. Ursula and Cecilia is at 4* level 40.

Flier: Narcian, Michalis, Shanna, Florina

Narcian is level 40 @ 4* . Shanna is ... probably like 30 on the dot at 4*. Florina is level 31 at 3* (I DO NOT KNOW IF I SHOULD PROMOTE HER TO 4*) and
Michalis is 404 NOT FOUND (because I didnt want to wake up early)

Also have Est. 

Out of the 3 cases... Which one seems not likely - on the edge. (There's about 10-11 days left)
Infantry is like 13/15 ... not hard at all. I literally hope I can one shot Michalis map (Lunatic/Hard)

Training ... Hector, Fred, Tharja, Kagero now (New rolls ... more or less) ... Going to alternate with Eliwood, Draug, Draug, Jaffar (I might switch Eliwood with Hector .. so the team is more balanced)

Edited by Ryuke

Wrapped up the first eight and most of the infantry quest, although getting the last few infantry battles isn't one of my priorities right now. I can do those anytime, especially when the Tenth Stratum enemies aren't as favorable for one of my specialized teams.

Managed to score a win with my almost-trained cavalry team: Ursula and Sully at 40 plus Stahl and Priscilla at 37. Almost managed to win with my flier team, as well: Narcian, Catria, and Florina all at 40 plus an extremely underleveled Caeda. I decided to give it a shot because the weapon types were favorable (cavalry wants to avoid blue, fliers want to avoid green), and it almost worked out but I accidentally left Caeda in enemy range for no reason right at the end.

Armor team still needs a lot of work: Hector is at 40, but the Gwendy duo is a bit behind and kind of a pain to train, and I'm still waiting on this week's arena feathers to upgrade Draug to 4*. (Aside from Priscilla and Hector as 5*s, I've been using all 4*s for this.)

Only have armour and fliers left. Only armours I currently have are 3x draug and gwendolyn so that's not happening. For Fliers I have a lot of raising to do, but rolled a 5* Caeda with +atk and already have a Palla and Cordelia so may as well attempt it now that we're getting 10 more stamina potions anyway. Not sure what axe wyvern I'll want, but probably Narcian just to ensure I can kill blues unless I sacrifice a spare arthur to Cherche. Might also swap Cordelia for Subaki since survival is likely better than brave here.

I just finished the Flier quest! 5* Lv40 Camilla and Hinoka, 4* Lv Catria, and 4* Lv39 Palla.

11/15 on the infantry and 9/15 on the cavalry...0/15 on the armors still. Every time I've tried that one, something goes wrong and someone dies.

@Ryuke: Your cavalry team is missing Gunter. Hone Cavalry makes a huge difference. that way I was able to use only 4*s for the cavalry quest with Gunter, Ursula, Sully and a choice of Stahl, Celicia or 3* Clarine depending on the opponents weapon types.

Fliers should also be possible with Subaki, Narcian, but you'll also need Palla or Caeda (Ward or Goad fliers is needed... otherwise good luck. Even then... that was the most painful of the quests)

Can't comment on Armors. Gwendolyn and Draug just aren't enough... Send us more Armors IS. You gave me Draug for free, and I'm willing to put in the work.

@Skala_Bundet Yeah... I do have Gunter (Like 4 of em)... Sitting at 3* all lv 1 since recent pull ... Dont feel like putting the feathers to promote him ... I might.. (What's a good Boon/Bane)
I totally forgot about my 4* Clarine (lv 32)... so I might take the Clarine for healing .. even though she's awful at it.  

So Cecilia, Ursula, (Clarine,Gunter,Fred) ... since it's the least amt of effort to the end goal.

Fliers.. Yeah I forgot.. I have 3* Palla... Which means another 2000 feathers being wasted.

Yeah.. Wendy has skill to help Armor units which help. Wendy is also trash the same time... Armor with res is just bad. Took me a long time to get her to 40. Hector should be way better.

Edited by Ryuke

These are my options for flyers and cavalry, what would you suggest for each team? My armour team is sorted already (Hector, Effie, Gwendolyn, Sheena).

P0oGiNH.jpg

5 minutes ago, Raven said:

These are my options for flyers and cavalry, what would you suggest for each team? My armour team is sorted already (Hector, Effie, Gwendolyn, Sheena).

P0oGiNH.jpg

Are you going full Ursula -Blade Power charging? Should be good, I guess in a pinch, Jagen or Gunter can take a hit to wall off enemies, but their speed probably means they can't take much more then one round of punishment.

Fliers- I think Hinoka has Hone Fliers so you definitely want her. Not sure about your other choices though, Think Camilla's worth it if you can Hone her attack to be pretty monstrous on Brave weapons.