Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

9 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

A quick question, does anyone know if triangle adept works with the raven tomes? I know it doesn't work with sapphire/ruby/emerald weapons since those are just weapons with the skill bult in, but raven tomes just give an advantage at all, not increase it like those.

Triangle Adept works with all weapons. It just doesn't stack with itself (since gem weapons effectively count as giving you Triangle Adept 3).

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

A quick question, does anyone know if triangle adept works with the raven tomes? I know it doesn't work with sapphire/ruby/emerald weapons since those are just weapons with the skill bult in, but raven tomes just give an advantage at all, not increase it like those.

It should work, but I haven't tested it myself. I've seen some Robin's with TA in the Arena, but didn't have a Takumi with me to try it out, unfortunuatly.

Edit: According to some discussion on Reddit, it does indeed work like that.

Edited by Birdy

Thanks guys! Guess I'm saving up feathers to promote a second Henry to 5* so I can feed him to Sanaki. I already have swordbreaker on her so this will really increase her utility. (not feeding her the one I already have because the spare ones bane is atk and that is terrible)

3 hours ago, Eleanore said:

Yes, add a breaker to a weapon they're neutral to and they cover (mRobin with Lancebreaker) and they cover most of the game.

1 hour ago, SalShich10N said:

Yes, add a breaker to a weapon they're neutral to and they cover (mRobin with Lancebreaker) and they cover most of the game.

This is very useful information that I will keep in mind for my recently promoted 5* Robin.  Just have to get a unit with Triangle Adept that I'm willing to sacrifice...

Hello again everyone! I have updated the OP once again, so please read it even if you have already!

Specifically, I made the following changes:

-Added Reinhardt to Vantage 3

-Edited for clarity

-Added additional tips and observations

As always, if you have more questions about inheritance, please post them here!

35 minutes ago, Eselred said:

This is very useful information that I will keep in mind for my recently promoted 5* Robin.  Just have to get a unit with Triangle Adept that I'm willing to sacrifice...

I am so glad I pulled a -Atk 4* Roy.

So I was thinking on putting these skills on Camilla

Skill - Luna

A - Life and Death / Defiant Attack / Darting Blow

B - Quick Reposite / Vantage

C - Threaten Defense

I'm most likely going to put Quick Reposite as the B skill since she can't hit from a range, but I would love if someone could help me decide on my A skill thanks!

25 minutes ago, itsiantime said:

So I was thinking on putting these skills on Camilla

Skill - Luna

A - Life and Death / Defiant Attack / Darting Blow

B - Quick Reposite / Vantage

C - Threaten Defense

I'm most likely going to put Quick Reposite as the B skill since she can't hit from a range, but I would love if someone could help me decide on my A skill thanks!

Camilla is a strong flanking unit with flying utility and unusually high speed, despite carrying a brave axe.

For your A Skill, the two you want to consider are Life and Death and Darting Blow. Camilla's defenses are already below average, and her strength is not particularly high. Even if you can potentially attack 4x with Darting Blow, putting out high damage without fear of a counterattack is higher priority, so I would go with Life and Death. You lose out on only one point of speed so the drawback is minimal.

Arena does not afford Camilla many opportunities to tank, with the saturation of Reds and Bows on most teams, which leaves skills dependent on being below a certain HP% out of the question. Quick Riposte is also relatively weak on Brave units, as she does not make her two attacks consecutively if the enemy can double her. Instead, I would recommend Wings of Mercy for your B slot. This gives her more opportunities to reach the enemy backline and eliminate a weakened yet problematic unit.

Threaten Defense is a good AOE debuff, but consider Threaten Speed as well. Take advantage of terrain so Camilla can apply its effect without fear of being attacked.

Hope this helped!

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 hours ago, SalShich10N said:

So I guess the ultimate passive build for M Robin would be

A: Triangle Adept

B: Lancebreaker

C: Anything.

That means he'll only have trouble dealing with Greens. Scary stuff.

2 hours ago, pianime94 said:

So I guess the ultimate passive build for M Robin would be

A: Triangle Adept

B: Lancebreaker

C: Anything.

That means he'll only have trouble dealing with Greens. Scary stuff.

C: Threaten Res to increase his offense on the counter attacks, Threaten Spd or Ark to increase his defenses, or Savage Blow to deal more damage since he has issues doubling.

5 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Camilla is a strong flanking unit with flying utility and unusually high speed, despite carrying a brave axe.

For your A Skill, the two you want to consider are Life and Death and Darting Blow. Camilla's defenses are already below average, and her strength is not particularly high. Even if you can potentially attack 4x with Darting Blow, putting out high damage without fear of a counterattack is higher priority, so I would go with Life and Death. You lose out on only one point of speed so the drawback is minimal.

Arena does not afford Camilla many opportunities to tank, with the saturation of Reds and Bows on most teams, which leaves skills dependent on being below a certain HP% out of the question. Quick Riposte is also relatively weak on Brave units, as she does not make her two attacks consecutively if the enemy can double her. Instead, I would recommend Wings of Mercy for your B slot. This gives her more opportunities to reach the enemy backline and eliminate a weakened yet problematic unit.

Threaten Defense is a good AOE debuff, but consider Threaten Speed as well. Take advantage of terrain so Camilla can apply its effect without fear of being attacked.

Hope this helped!

That's a really good point on quick reposte, her speed and defense isn't that great and wings of mercy has more uses. Thanks for the help! I'm most likely going to use Life and Death and Wings of Mercy. Sadly I didn't find any units I have with threaten defense so threaten speed it is!

13 hours ago, Alfred Kamon said:

Unfortunately, Jeorge doesn't learn Spur Speed before he gets to 5 stars...

OP, please correct the list. Thanks.

Thanks for catching this!

I confused Jeorge's Seal Attack 3 and Spur Speed 3, so I will need to edit both of those entries.

EDIT: It's been fixed.

Edited by MrSmokestack

21 hours ago, SalShich10N said:

I am so glad I pulled a -Atk 4* Roy.

Oh wow...Roy gets level 3 Triangle Adept as a 4*.  Nice.

Why would you put Lancebreaker on Robin instead of Blue Tome Breaker?  With Blue Tome Breaker he can counter other Robins and Lindes.  Not to mention it doesn't seem like you can get the full effect of Lancebreaker on a ranged unit...

6 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Why would you put Lancebreaker on Robin instead of Blue Tome Breaker?  With Blue Tome Breaker he can counter other Robins and Lindes.  Not to mention it doesn't seem like you can get the full effect of Lancebreaker on a ranged unit...

Other Robins and Lindes are pretty easily dealt with other units in your team's composition, while lance users like Sharena and Ephraim tend to be pretty bulky and pose a greater threat to him and his teammates.

I suppose between Lancebreaker and B Tomebreaker, it depends on what you want to have an easier time handling though.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Other Robins and Lindes are pretty easily dealt with other units in your team's composition, while lance users like Sharena and Ephraim tend to be pretty bulky and pose a greater threat to him and his teammates.

I suppose between Lancebreaker and B Tomebreaker, it depends on what you want to have an easier time handling though.

Ephraim is super slow and has low RES so is easily dealt with.  I haven't done the math, but I'm pretty sure my Robin with an ATK buff can ORKO Ephraim or pretty close so that any other unit can finish off with a single hit.  I haven't seen too many Sharenas in Arena and wouldn't consider her much of a threat anyway...

Linde on the other hand is a nightmare.  My only hope is to bait with Nino and then bum rush.  Additionally, opposing Robins are everywhere, so I would consider Blue Tome Breaker to be much more useful, but to each their own.

1 minute ago, Eselred said:

Ephraim is super slow and has low RES so is easily dealt with.  I haven't done the math, but I'm pretty sure my Robin with an ATK buff can ORKO Ephraim or pretty close so that any other unit can finish off with a single hit.  I haven't seen too many Sharenas in Arena and wouldn't consider her much of a threat anyway...

Linde on the other hand is a nightmare.  My only hope is to bait with Nino and then bum rush.  Additionally, opposing Robins are everywhere, so I would consider Blue Tome Breaker to be much more useful, but to each their own.

Ephraim is relatively slow, yes, but assuming average speed Robin can only double -Speed Ephraim. You need +Speed to double neutral and you can't double +Spe without the Defiant buff. I personally prefer having a simple out to a very bulky threat that can give your team trouble if he gets into position. I will concede your point on Sharena though, she isn't common outside buff teams and she can't be one-rounded with Lancebreaker.

Robin himself has poor resistance and assuming average attack (40), he only does 13x2 to Linde with B Tomebreaker, missing the KO by 9 HP. It's a trade he loses easily if Bonfire isn't ready. Linde is also easily OHKO'd if you target her defense stat; you only need 49 Atk assuming no weapon advantage, a threshold a lot of units achieve naturally or with a Hone Attack Buff.

But we can agree to disagree on the issue.

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Ephraim is relatively slow, yes, but assuming average speed Robin can only double -Speed Ephraim. You need +Speed to double neutral and you can't double +Spe without the Defiant buff. I personally prefer having a simple out to a very bulky threat that can give your team trouble if he gets into position. I will concede your point on Sharena though, she isn't common outside buff teams and she can't be one-rounded with Lancebreaker.

Robin himself has poor resistance and assuming average attack (40), he only does 13x2 to Linde with B Tomebreaker, missing the KO by 9 HP. It's a trade he loses easily if Bonfire isn't ready. Linde is also easily OHKO'd if you target her defense stat; you only need 49 Atk assuming no weapon advantage, a threshold a lot of units achieve naturally or with a Hone Attack Buff.

But we can agree to disagree on the issue.

I have a +SPD Robin and use Marth, so I can get up to 37 SPD on Robin, which doubles all versions of Ephraim.

The problem with Linde is that in order to get into range to hit her in the face, she's more than likely going to attack someone, and that is going to hurt, AND she will likely double them, which few units can survive (Nino is the only unit I have that can successfully bait Linde).  Blue Tomebreaker is more to avoid Linde doubling Robin, though I'm a bit unclear as to when Blue Tomebreaker would stop working due to the <50% threshold.  Say if Robin is falls below 50% HP during the first attack...will Blue Tomebreaker stop working and Linde would double him that same round?  Or does it take into account the HP when the combat round begins?

The biggest thing for me is to counter all the other Robins out there.  Though Nino does a fine job at that, I think it would be nice to have extra insurance since Robin is everywhere, and there aren't really any lance users to get worried about...yet.

Ultimately, I think I'd rather have Bow Breaker on Robin though to make him into the ultimate Takumi stopping machine.  With Bow Breaker and Triangle Adept, Robin basically takes all red units and Takumi out of the picture.  That is huge IMHO.

Have to get a Setsuna and 4* Roy first tho...

Edited by Eselred

36 minutes ago, Eselred said:

I have a +SPD Robin and use Marth, so I can get up to 37 SPD on Robin, which doubles all versions of Ephraim.

The problem with Linde is that in order to get into range to hit her in the face, she's more than likely going to attack someone, and that is going to hurt, AND she will likely double them, which few units can survive (Nino is the only unit I have that can successfully bait Linde).  Blue Tomebreaker is more to avoid Linde doubling Robin, though I'm a bit unclear as to when Blue Tomebreaker would stop working due to the <50% threshold.  Say if Robin is falls below 50% HP during the first attack...will Blue Tomebreaker stop working and Linde would double him that same round?  Or does it take into account the HP when the combat round begins?

The biggest thing for me is to counter all the other Robins out there.  Though Nino does a fine job at that, I think it would be nice to have extra insurance since Robin is everywhere, and there aren't really any lance users to get worried about...yet.

Ultimately, I think I'd rather have Bow Breaker on Robin though to make him into the ultimate Takumi stopping machine.  With Bow Breaker and Triangle Adept, Robin basically takes all red units and Takumi out of the picture.  That is huge IMHO.

Have to get a Setsuna and 4* Roy first tho...

Answering your question, if Linde attacks Robin, making him fall below 50%, the tomebreaker still activates. Only after the battle that it won't work anymore :)

5 hours ago, Eselred said:

B Tomebreaker is good too on the defensive side, but I feel there are more Lance units than blue tome units. Lancebreaker would improve his offensive by allowing him to double units he can snipe from range. Moreover more new, stronger, Lance users might come up. But yes, B Tomebreaker also works well, it's a personal preference.

Hmm... I'll be honest I still don't get the Lancebreaker on mine, so I don't really know if it works, but I guess it does if he can learn it.

Just to add something here, Arthur is currently the only unit with Lancebreaker players can get on a consistent basis, and he learns it a 5* rank.

Yes, Narcian can pass on Lancebreaker as a 4* rank, but the player can only have up to 2 Narcians from the Grand Hero Battle. This makes a bit difficult to pass on Lancebreaker without using Narcian or leveling up Arthur. Then, if the player missed him, the only remaining option is 5* Arthur for Lancebreaker 3.

I discovered this when trying to find someone to give Cherche Lancerbreaker. I dismissed my other Narcian (didn't think I would need him at the time), and I am not sacrificing my remaining Narcian. I do have an Arthur, but he is 4* rank, I like him, and he has an "okay" nature (+3 ATT, -4 DEF) I guess I have to wait until more units come out that pass the Lancebreaker skill...

20 minutes ago, Sire said:

Just to add something here, Arthur is currently the only unit with Lancebreaker players can get on a consistent basis, and he learns it a 5* rank.

Yes, Narcian can pass on Lancebreaker as a 4* rank, but the player can only have up to 2 Narcians from the Grand Hero Battle. This makes a bit difficult to pass on Lancebreaker without using Narcian or leveling up Arthur. Then, if the player missed him, the only remaining option is 5* Arthur for Lancebreaker 3.

I discovered this when trying to find someone to give Cherche Lancerbreaker. I dismissed my other Narcian (didn't think I would need him at the time), and I am not sacrificing my remaining Narcian. I do have an Arthur, but he is 4* rank, I like him, and he has an "okay" nature (+3 ATT, -4 DEF) I guess I have to wait until more units come out that pass the Lancebreaker skill...

It's the same issue with Robin (F) and B Tomebreaker.

Hopefully Grand Hero Battles get put on a rotation at some point in the future or they get added to the summoning pool as a focus or regular unit.

Edited by MrSmokestack