Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Cecilia with Gronnblade on a proper cavalier team (hone/fortify cavalry) is basically a better Nino in every way but maybe speed (which barely matters since you're OHKOing everything), so I'd definitely go that route. Draconic Aura for is generally the optimal choice on high damage units.

Err... can I give her a Breaker skill or something? That way she lay down the smackdown on certain threats?

Also recommend C-passives please...

I guess I'll be running her with Gunter and Reinhardt for Goad/Hone Cavalry shenanigans with Eliwood as the Red unit in the bunch.

Edited by Frosty

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Frosty said:

Err... can I give her a Breaker skill or something? That way she lay down the smackdown on certain threats?

Also recommend C-passives please...

Sure, a breaker skill works, though what kinds of skills you choose will be heavily different depending on whether you run vanilla Cecilia or blade Cecilia. Vanilla Cecilia would probably want any of Lancebreaker, Bowbreaker, or B Tomebreaker depending on which of the 3 threatens your team more. Blade Cecilia should be one-shotting everything anyways, so the doubling is less important. Instead, I'd opt for a move like Vantage or perhaps Wings of Mercy so she can teleport around. 

For C-passives, this again depends on your team since, unlike A and B skills, C skills are generally more team-oriented. Assuming you'll be running her in a cavalry team though, I'd just go with Goad or Ward Cavalry to support her other teammates when she isn't nuking. 

1 minute ago, Ryuke said:

If I have to give Fury 3 to some character.

Does Bartre needs to LEARN Fury 3 first? Or 4* Level 1 is enough.

Bartre needs to have the rarity requirement for Fury 3 in order to teach it, but does not need to have spent the SP to actually learn it.

3 hours ago, AW91 said:

Hello!

What do you think - what skills are good on Hector?

There's a few things you have to consider before asking what skills work on x unit.

Is this for an arena team? Is this for casual? Are you concerned with getting a high score? Or just getting a deathless streak? What is the stat spread on your Hector (+Stat -Stat)? What teammates will you run alongside Hector? What role do you want Hector to play on your team? Is is for offense wins or defense wins?

In general, though  Hector isn't a terribly difficult unit to optimize, but he is pretty expensive to do so. Vantage + Distant Counter is his bread and butter, and some people replace his default special with either Bonfire or Ignis for 18 or 29 extra damage.

I can't give a more detailed answer unless you provide your own to the above first, though.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Can I get some more Gordin Info? I currently have a +atk -spd Gordin, and the units I can use on a team with him are Cain, Marth, Seliph, Azama, Priscilla, Jaffar, Odin, Catria, Ephraim and Tiki. Which units should I use with him and which skills should I give him. He has Vantage 3, Shove, Brave bow +, Atk + 2, and I think Spur Speed 2.

@Tuvy Main problem with Gordin is that the A-skill he really wants, Death Blow, is level 3 only on 4* Klein. Everyone else with it only gets it at 5*. And if you have Klein, why are you running Gordin? Except, of course, in your case with +Atk/-Spd, which is probably the best possible IV for Gordin (dude gets doubled by everyone regardless, and his high Def means he can at least live through some weak ass physical hits.)

Get him DB 3 from somewhere, sac a 5* if you have to (but try to pull a Klein, making sure to check IVs, good IV Klein > perfect Gordin. Although, if you like Gordin more, feel free to sac even a good Klein to him.)

After that... my Klein really enjoys dancer support, to kill 2 guys in 1 turn and charge Glacies faster. Gordin would probably want Bonfire or Ignis instead due to higher Def.

C-skill and B-skill doesn't really matter for a player phase delete button, but I guess threaten Def can let him do his job better if you're good at positioning, and quick riposte would let him be less useless on enemy phase. (Going from completely useless to almost completely useless instead.) Wings of Mercy is probably better, however, for player phase positioning and surprise kills when he's on your defense team.

Edited by DehNutCase

I have a 5* Lilina with speed - and defense+. She is slow as hell with 22 spd. I gave her axe breaker, at least that way she can double any axe. Should I seek more strength or cover her weakness. With Lilina, Nino, and Catria the arena has been pretty smooth. 

By the way, are the stat plus (def, spd, att, etc) A slot skill worth using?

15 hours ago, Tuvy said:

Can I get some more Gordin Info? I currently have a +atk -spd Gordin, and the units I can use on a team with him are Cain, Marth, Seliph, Azama, Priscilla, Jaffar, Odin, Catria, Ephraim and Tiki. Which units should I use with him and which skills should I give him. He has Vantage 3, Shove, Brave bow +, Atk + 2, and I think Spur Speed 2.

First and foremost, give him a special skill!  He really wants something like Ignis/Bonfire, but Luna/Dragonic Aura/Dragon Fang also work (wouldn't recommend Moonbow, because the defense reduction is too low IMO).

Next, A skill can be Death Blow or Life or Death - he shouldn't be taking too many hits on enemy phase.  B slot is fairly open, and I'm fond of Wings of Mercy, for mobility's sake.  C slot is whatever your team needs - personally, I'd go with a Hone/Fortify skill, since your team should be close by, in case Gordin doesn't secure a kill.

There's also the Supreme Cheese build, which involves Dragonic Aura, someone else with Reciprocal Aid, Defiant Atk, and Vantage.  I think it works better on arena defense, though.

Reprisal or Moonbow for neutral Eldigan? I'm set on a 2-turn cooldown skill to make the best use of Mystletainn, but I'm torn between the two. In terms of how I use him, in the process of training him I've gone pretty evenly between using him to bait or rush the enemy, so I can't say I use one strategy more than the other. I'd also appreciate any advice on what special to give 5* Jakob (+ATK -DEF). I have no ideas for him at all.

As far as inheritance fodder for Eldigan goes, I have a 4* Kagero (+DEF -ATK and my only copy) to sacrifice for Reprisal, or I can spend 2k feathers on one of my Odins (either +SPD -ATK or +HP -RES) or sacrifice my level 37 Palla (admittedly -ATK +HP but also my only copy) for Moonbow.

11 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Reprisal or Moonbow for neutral Eldigan? I'm set on a 2-turn cooldown skill to make the best use of Mystletainn, but I'm torn between the two. In terms of how I use him, in the process of training him I've gone pretty evenly between using him to bait or rush the enemy, so I can't say I use one strategy more than the other. I'd also appreciate any advice on what special to give 5* Jakob (+ATK -DEF). I have no ideas for him at all.

As far as inheritance fodder for Eldigan goes, I have a 4* Kagero (+DEF -ATK and my only copy) to sacrifice for Reprisal, or I can spend 2k feathers on one of my Odins (either +SPD -ATK or +HP -RES) or sacrifice my level 37 Palla (admittedly -ATK +HP but also my only copy) for Moonbow.

Math time~!

I'm gonna assume neutral HP on Eldigan.

With Reprisal, Eldigan can gain a maximum of 13 Attack off of it.  With Moonbow, Eldigan needs to face someone with 44 Defense before he gets that much additional damage.  On this scale Reprisal looks better.  HOWEVER, after one round of combat, Eldigan shouldn't be at 1 HP.  Thus, Moonbow will deal more damage in the earlier stages of the battle, and that damage will be consistent (based on the enemy's defense stat).

In other words, Moonbow for constant damage, Reprisal for late round spikes.

---

Next, Jakob.  Mine's the exact opposite, at +Def/-Atk.  With +Atk, he gets 42 MT from his default weapon, which is not bad.  His boon/bane is versatile enough where he can grab any other dagger and make it work.  You can either go for heavy offensive support and off-tanking (Spd +3/Seal Speed/Threaten Attack), player-phase sniping (Darting Blow/Poison Strike/Hone skill) or all-out offense with some external offensive buffing (Life or Death/Desperation/a Spur skill). Regardless, he'll do well enough with Dragonic Aura as a special skill.

The exception is if you give Jakob a Poison Dagger+.  For that build, I'd recommend the very boring combo of Life and Death and Vantage, along with anyone that can buff his attack.

Hi i am running currently Felicia 5* with G TBreaker and was wondering if I should switch to B TBreaker since she handles most of my greens just fine while if I run into someone with both Linde and M!Robin on the same team i'm usually screwed. Also, Poison over Silver+ y/n?

Likewise i have a spare Sheena and want Killer Axe+ tp make use of 4* Michalis since i probably will never promote him and i'd rather diminish the cooldown on Blazing thunder, but i'm unsure if a spare normal Brave axe wouldn't work better. This is mostly to use him for the next two weeks at the arena and then i'll probably drop him since neither i have, have impressive stats. 

Also what special skill would be best for Sharena and Nowi? Not too sure about their natures since i'm still figuring out how to know that, but i'll mostly use them for campaign and one or two dips in the arena when i get bored of my current team, Sharena as offensive support and Nowi as a tank and counter to Tikis (Not too sure how that one will turn out since i've yet to encounter a Tiki in the tower and test it out)

14 hours ago, eclipse said:

Math time~!

I'm gonna assume neutral HP on Eldigan.

With Reprisal, Eldigan can gain a maximum of 13 Attack off of it.  With Moonbow, Eldigan needs to face someone with 44 Defense before he gets that much additional damage.  On this scale Reprisal looks better.  HOWEVER, after one round of combat, Eldigan shouldn't be at 1 HP.  Thus, Moonbow will deal more damage in the earlier stages of the battle, and that damage will be consistent (based on the enemy's defense stat).

In other words, Moonbow for constant damage, Reprisal for late round spikes.

---

Next, Jakob.  Mine's the exact opposite, at +Def/-Atk.  With +Atk, he gets 42 MT from his default weapon, which is not bad.  His boon/bane is versatile enough where he can grab any other dagger and make it work.  You can either go for heavy offensive support and off-tanking (Spd +3/Seal Speed/Threaten Attack), player-phase sniping (Darting Blow/Poison Strike/Hone skill) or all-out offense with some external offensive buffing (Life or Death/Desperation/a Spur skill). Regardless, he'll do well enough with Dragonic Aura as a special skill.

The exception is if you give Jakob a Poison Dagger+.  For that build, I'd recommend the very boring combo of Life and Death and Vantage, along with anyone that can buff his attack.

Thank you for the response! My Eldigan does have neutral HP so the math checks out. I didn't actually realise Reprisal did so little damage... I keep forgetting Karel has a Wo Dao+ to inflate the figure. Moonbow it is--now I just have to figure out if I want to spend the feathers on Odin or sacrifice my trained Palla.

These Jakob builds are great too, I'm leaning towards player-phase sniping (can never have too many of those) and inheritance-wise I think I have the tools for that. Unfortunately I'm fresh out of Draconic Aura fodder after feeding my spare Corrin to Minerva but maybe I'll get something out of my next few pulls.

Thanks again, the help is appreciated!

I have updated the OP yet again, with a minor spelling fix as well as coloring the names of units based on their color type.

Now for more questions:

20 hours ago, Rezanator said:

I have a 5* Lilina with speed - and defense+. She is slow as hell with 22 spd. I gave her axe breaker, at least that way she can double any axe. Should I seek more strength or cover her weakness. With Lilina, Nino, and Catria the arena has been pretty smooth. 

By the way, are the stat plus (def, spd, att, etc) A slot skill worth using?

Lilina has a lot of potential as a mage nuke, possessing the highest natural attack of any mage in the game. If you have the resources and the SP, I would recommend passing another Weaponbreaker skill to her instead over Axebreaker, preferably Swordbreaker or Bowbreaker. Bowbreaker may be ideal in this case but it will depend on whether your team struggles with Takumi or not. If it does, Lilina makes a great user of it. If not, Swordbreaker can give her utility against red lords, which are still fairly common and can't be dealt with easily using Nino.

A Passive skills can make or break a unit in some situations, although the ones that have the most consideration among more experienced players are Fury, Triangle Adept, Distant Counter, Close Counter, Death Blow, and Life and Death. In Lilina's case specifically, I would take Triangle Adept, since it maximizes her damage output on a single hit over her other options. If you want to take it a step further, you could even have her inherit Henry's Raven tome, which gives her excellent coverage vs colorless and frees up your teambuilding options, in addition to the incredible synergy it has with Triangle Adept already. Hope this helps!

15 minutes ago, Suzuranao said:

Hi i am running currently Felicia 5* with G TBreaker and was wondering if I should switch to B TBreaker since she handles most of my greens just fine while if I run into someone with both Linde and M!Robin on the same team i'm usually screwed. Also, Poison over Silver+ y/n?

Likewise i have a spare Sheena and want Killer Axe+ tp make use of 4* Michalis since i probably will never promote him and i'd rather diminish the cooldown on Blazing thunder, but i'm unsure if a spare normal Brave axe wouldn't work better. This is mostly to use him for the next two weeks at the arena and then i'll probably drop him since neither i have, have impressive stats. 

Also what special skill would be best for Sharena and Nowi? Not too sure about their natures since i'm still figuring out how to know that, but i'll mostly use them for campaign and one or two dips in the arena when i get bored of my current team, Sharena as offensive support and Nowi as a tank and counter to Tikis (Not too sure how that one will turn out since i've yet to encounter a Tiki in the tower and test it out)

If your team handles green tomes just fine, G Tomebreaker may be superfluous, so I would switch to B Tomebreaker due to blue tomes being more common. That said, I would advise against having Felicia as a check to Robin, because of his high base defense and weapon advantage over colorless, more so if he carries Triangle Adept. Stick with her default Silver Dagger+; Poison Dagger has very low Mt even at +, with only 5 Mt, and thus only works well with dagger users that have high enough strength to eliminate infantry in one hit. Kagero struggles to do this already unless she has a +Attack roll and an attack buff, and she has the highest natural attack out of all of them. In contrast, Felicia has the lowest.

As for Michalis, Brave Axe isn't worth passing unless it's at its + version, since downgrading from Silver Axe to Brave is a net -6 Mt, so it does less damage even after factoring in the double attack. Killer Axe+ would be better in this case, but consider switching out Michalis's special skill for one with a lower CD; Moonbow is a great example as he can always proc it on the counterattack.

Finally, special skills are generally optimized the least compared to other skills in a unit's repertoire, so I wouldn't worry too much about what they have. Luna / Moonbow as well as Draconic Aura / Dragon Fang are safe options in general. What * rating is your Nowi? If she is at 5*, then you will have to level her to 40, or close to it, then subtract the stats from her skills to determine her final stats using an online resource. If not, you can level her to at least 20, subtract stats from her skills, and compare them to the base stats on another site. Sharena's stats are always fixed due to being a free unit, however. Hope this helped!

As always, if there are any questions, please post them here!

@Suzuranao B Tome Breaker is great if you want to kill Linde in one round since it'll allow Felicia to double her and it might help against the upcoming Bunny Lucina if she turns out to be a speedy Blue Mage as well. Yes I agree with Mr. Smokestack that you should keep the Silver on her, though there is this simulator if you want to see how she'll do with the Poison.

I think Moonbow would be great for Nowi and Sharena.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

That said, I would advise against having Felicia as a check to Robin, because of his high base defense and weapon advantage over colorless, more so if he carries Triangle Adept. Stick with her default Silver Dagger+; Poison Dagger has very low Mt even at +, with only 5 Mt, and thus only works well with dagger users that have high enough strength to eliminate infantry in one hit. Kagero struggles to do this already unless she has a +Attack roll and an attack buff, and she has the highest natural attack out of all of them. In contrast, Felicia has the lowest.

As for Michalis, Brave Axe isn't worth passing unless it's at its + version, since downgrading from Silver Axe to Brave is a net -6 Mt, so it does less damage even after factoring in the double attack. Killer Axe+ would be better in this case, but consider switching out Michalis's special skill for one with a lower CD; Moonbow is a great example as he can always proc it on the counterattack.

Finally, special skills are generally optimized the least compared to other skills in a unit's repertoire, so I wouldn't worry too much about what they have. Luna / Moonbow as well as Draconic Aura / Dragon Fang are safe options in general. What * rating is your Nowi? If she is at 5*, then you will have to level her to 40, or close to it, then subtract the stats from her skills to determine her final stats using an online resource. If not, you can level her to at least 20, subtract stats from her skills, and compare them to the base stats on another site. Sharena's stats are always fixed due to being a free unit, however. Hope this helped!

1 hour ago, Fei Mao said:

@Suzuranao B Tome Breaker is great if you want to kill Linde in one round since it'll allow Felicia to double her and it might help against the upcoming Bunny Lucina if she turns out to be a speedy Blue Mage as well. Yes I agree with Mr. Smokestack that you should keep the Silver on her, though there is this simulator if you want to see how she'll do with the Poison.

I think Moonbow would be great for Nowi and Sharena.

This is the moment i mourn the 5 Odin's i merged before skill inheritance was announced...

I have 4* Nowi at 30 rn, but so far i've only found her bare starting stats. She's 37/28/18/24/20 after taking out Def +2. I'll keep digging for the stats page in the meanwhile. There's this calculator i found but it's only for lvl 40. I'll probably finish her leveling up if i don't find it tonight and compare. 

Felicia almost one-rounds Linde which usually is enough as she never does anything but take care of the mages sans Henry and M!Robin. Usually I counter them with my own M!Robin or M!Corrin/Narcian, but if the two are in a team i'm screwed and one of them has to die for me to win the match. It's not ideal but it's my favorite team so far and i'm on a bit of a budget. at least until the easter focus goes live because i really really need that adorably flowery wyvern that camilla has

I'll wait a bit until the Easter focus and see if I get more Odin's or Palla's to sacrifice, otherwise i'll feed it to Sharena first, but thank you! I'll go level Sheena a bit and compare between them.

10 minutes ago, Suzuranao said:

I have 4* Nowi at 30 rn, but so far i've only found her bare starting stats. She's 37/28/18/24/20 after taking out Def +2. I'll keep digging for the stats page in the meanwhile. There's this calculator i found but it's only for lvl 40. I'll probably finish her leveling up if i don't find it tonight and compare. 

I'm so sorry I glossed over the answer on Nowi's stats! Since she is past Lv. 20, you can check them right away by going to Units --> Advanced Growth --> Unlock Potential, select Nowi, and check her 5* base stats and compare them with the stats on the FE:H wiki. Make sure you subtract the stats from skills like before.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm so sorry I glossed over the answer on Nowi's stats! Since she is past Lv. 20, you can check them right away by going to Units --> Advanced Growth --> Unlock Potential, select Nowi, and check her 5* base stats and compare them with the stats on the FE:H wiki. Make sure you subtract the stats from skills like before.

Oh duh, that seems fairly obvious now that i think about it. She's +HP/-ATK and i'm not sure it's the best combo now that I think about it. Regardless, i'll keep training her since she's so close to 40 and has been putting out consistent results anyways. The other Sheena i have is +DEF/-ATK, but the one i have trained is at lvl 20 welp. Time to grind the tower to decide, thank you!

On 28.3.2017 at 1:52 PM, MrSmokestack said:

There's a few things you have to consider before asking what skills work on x unit.

Is this for an arena team? Is this for casual? Are you concerned with getting a high score? Or just getting a deathless streak? What is the stat spread on your Hector (+Stat -Stat)? What teammates will you run alongside Hector? What role do you want Hector to play on your team? Is is for offense wins or defense wins?

In general, though  Hector isn't a terribly difficult unit to optimize, but he is pretty expensive to do so. Vantage + Distant Counter is his bread and butter, and some people replace his default special with either Bonfire or Ignis for 18 or 29 extra damage.

I can't give a more detailed answer unless you provide your own to the above first, though.

Hej Sir!

So... I try to answer your questions:

1) I prefer to play PVE > PVP - but in think in longterm, it´s needed to play PVP also.

2) I think, due to his high attack it will be the best, if he takes the offensive role in the team

For + / - Stat please have a look at attachment, also for my heroes(don´t exactly know, what a good team would be).

Thanks for response and best regards!

IV.png

Main Part 1.png

Main Part 2.png

5 hours ago, AW91 said:

Hej Sir!

So... I try to answer your questions:

1) I prefer to play PVE > PVP - but in think in longterm, it´s needed to play PVP also.

2) I think, due to his high attack it will be the best, if he takes the offensive role in the team

For + / - Stat please have a look at attachment, also for my heroes(don´t exactly know, what a good team would be).

Thanks for response and best regards!

IV.png

Your Hector has an excellent stat variation by the way. If you can find the stat spread for your Eldigan, you may want to use him over Lucina due to his higher base stat total. 33 Speed at -Spd for Lucina isn't bad, and is offset slightly by 53 Attack, but it's an awkward speed tier where she fails to double certain threats that she could otherwise at 36.

I would suggest the same for Catria, since she has a much higher stat total over Reinhardt and will boost your arena score for more feathers. Also, run Ninian while you can this season, since she will double your arena score due to being a bonus unit. Otherwise, Azura is better in most other situations because of Sapphire Lance+.

Hector is frequently used as a frontliner unit due to his high attack and innate Quick Riposte 2 on his Armads, but the main issue is getting him there in the first place because of his 1 move. Do you have a unit that can pass Pivot? It will give him three tiles of range and let him travel over mountains, lava, and other obstacles if Catria lands on those spaces. As mentioned previously, Vantage in tandem with Distant Counter pets him handle frail, ranged threats such as Nino that cannot OHKO him, but whom he KO's back. He also beats Takumi handily for this reason, which makes running Catria much more feasible.

Hope this helped!

Edited by MrSmokestack

@MrSmokestack

Thanks for yr reply!

With Hector sounds really fine - I guess, he´my absolute favourite!

The IV from Catria, Eldigan and Ninian you´ll find here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6tzltMx1OAZLWdiNG05blNmMWM - but they are all lvl 1, so not really usefull for this arena-season...

I don´t exactly understand what you mean with :"Unit that can pass Pivot"? My biggest problem is, that Hector couldn´t be anywhere, so I seriously need some good teammates for him

4 minutes ago, AW91 said:

@MrSmokestack

Thanks for yr reply!

With Hector sounds really fine - I guess, he´my absolute favourite!

The IV from Catria, Eldigan and Ninian you´ll find here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6tzltMx1OAZLWdiNG05blNmMWM - but they are all lvl 1, so not really usefull for this arena-season...

I don´t exactly understand what you mean with :"Unit that can pass Pivot"? My biggest problem is, that Hector couldn´t be anywhere, so I seriously need some good teammates for him

Eldigan is +Res -Def, and Ninian is +Atk -Spd. I can't tell what Catria's is because she has some levels already, so check final stats when she hits lv. 40. That said, I would stick with Lucina while replacing Azura with Ninian and Reinhardt with Catria. There's still time to train to get a good team ready for this season!

And I apologize for being a bit vague with Hector and Pivot. To clarify, I was asking if you had a unit with the assist skill Pivot, since having Hector inherit and learn that skill will improve his movement greatly, especially alongside Catria.

I hope that cleared some things up. And no problem, always glad to help!

@MrSmokestack:

Ok, so Eldigan isn´t that good, I guess? How can I find out, what +/- are good on what hero? I don´t want to ask everytime here...^^

I have Catria twice(4* + 5*) - will lvl her up ASAP(how is fast lvling possible - guess in the practicetower?)

I found out, that following heroes have Pivot:

Cherche + Eirika + Marth / I have a unit, called Zelcher[3*](but this looks exact the same as Cherche).

I´m so happy, that you guys are here to help out - I feel really dumb^^

How does this inherating work? When I have give one skill to Hector for example, can I give another to him, so the first skill will be overwritten?

Edited by AW91