Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

For +ATK, -HP Hector with Vantage 3 activation skill - Bonfire (73 damage on 3 count) or Ignis (85 damage on 4 count)?

Bonfire procs more easily on slower units that don't double Hector, and can proc in the same round if they double him. Ignis does fully charge in one round for Hector's next action if he is doubled. I could check if Ignis misses any KO's compared to Bonfire, but the latter is probably more useful overall.

15 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Bonfire procs more easily on slower units that don't double Hector, and can proc in the same round if they double him. Ignis does fully charge in one round for Hector's next action if he is doubled. I could check if Ignis misses any KO's compared to Bonfire, but the latter is probably more useful overall.

Now that you mention it, I've taken a look myself.

There's a small number of units Bonfire won't OHKO such as Draug, Zephiel, Xander, Beruka and other Hectors... but Ignis won't OHKO these either.

The only cases where Ignis will OHKO where Bonfire will not appear to be Michalis, Frederick, and Sheena, not exactly common or threatening units.

So yeah, I think I'll go with Bonfire. The few odd cases where Ignis OHKOs and Bonfire doesn't don't look to be worth the +1 to the charge count.

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

@kaden My apologies, about confusion.  No he doesn't he have a brave axe on him.  It was more your thinking people know your resource's when they don't since your going over them on your screen.  Where I wanted to say. I don't have spare 5* green axe unit to give "Brave axe+" at this time.  

I do have spare 4*  Raven so would his "Brave Axe" be good enough or should I wait to get more feathers to do brave axe+

6 hours ago, Namarid said:

Any recommendations for +atk - SPD leo

Leo is best on a cavalry team with an inherited blade tome from Tharja, which greatly boosts his offensive power and lets him OHKO a huge chunk of the metagame. 

Death Blow is probably his best A-slot since he really wants to be able to OHKO opponents when he attacks (since he isn't doubling anyone with that speed). For his B-slot, I would recommend either taking a breaker to grant him ORKOs via doubles he wouldn't normally get (such as Swordbreaker) or Wings of Mercy for the extra mobility. The C-slot is entirely team dependent, so just take whatever aura benefits your team most. On a cavalry team, he'll probably want one of the cavalry buffs to give to his other teammates. Otherwise, his default Savage Blow is fine. If you're using him with Raudrblade, then you'll want to take Moonbow as his special since the blade tome increases cd (making other moves have charge times too long to be useful). To be honest, I'd still take Moonbow even if he were using his default tome since he basically never doubles, which causes his skills to charge slower, but Draconic Aura is another option over Moonbow if he isn't running a blade tome. Finally, the assist skill is mostly personal preference, but I personally think Reposition and Draw Back are the assists with the most utility on a ranged unit, especially if they have as much movement as he does.

tldr - I recommend running Leo on a cavalry team (with Hone/Fortify Cavalry buffs, of course) with:

• Weapon: Raudrblade
  • Assist: Reposition or Draw Back
  • Special: Moonbow
  • A-slot: Death Blow
  • B-slot: Swordbreaker
  • C-slot: Savage Blow or Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward Cavalry
  • Seal: Atk +1
Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Since I have plenty of strong units now at 5* level 40, I was thinking of promoting a... uh... not so good unit. 

Can anyone tell me how to make a Gaius that is in any way usable at least a tiny amount of the time? 

I tend to play more offensively than defensively, and I am perfectly happy using chip damage where necessary. I don't care if I don't currently have the right units, although it's very unlikely I'm going to give him close combat over another unit - I don't have any spare easter units, either (apart from Camilla, but I doubt her skills will help him?) 

Anyone think they can help? :)

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Can anyone tell me how to make a Gaius that is in any way usable at least a tiny amount of the time?

Ladies and gentlemen:

Budget Build Asugi!

Spoiler

This is where I tell you what to do, but I want to know his natures first :)

Just now, Arcanite said:

Ladies and gentlemen:

Budget Build Asugi!

Hide contents

This is where I tell you what to do, but I want to know his natures first :)

3*   20   Gaius   HP   Spd
3*   1   Gaius   Atk   HP
3*   1   Gaius   HP   Def
3*   1   Gaius   None   None
3*   1   Gaius   Def   HP
3*   1   Gaius   HP   Atk

Currently, I have these available, with the first column being + and the second column being -. 

Since this will be a slightly more drawn out project, I don't mind waiting for another to come along, since I'll likely be pulling a fair few colourless in hopes of getting Klein when a good focus colourless comes along :) 

14 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:
3*   20   Gaius   HP   Spd
3*   1   Gaius   Atk   HP
3*   1   Gaius   HP   Def
3*   1   Gaius   None   None
3*   1   Gaius   Def   HP
3*   1   Gaius   HP   Atk

Currently, I have these available, with the first column being + and the second column being -. 

Since this will be a slightly more drawn out project, I don't mind waiting for another to come along, since I'll likely be pulling a fair few colourless in hopes of getting Klein when a good focus colourless comes along :) 

Oh baby!

Your +Atk -Hp is the one I'm looking at!

+Spd is the only other thing that would have been considered, but this seems nice! 

Here's what I'm thinking of:

Spoiler

5 Star Asugi stats (+Atk -Hp):

39 HP / 32 Atk / 36 Spd / 22 Def / 19 Res

So this is what you'll want to do, for a budget build:

Weapon: Rogue Dagger

Assist: Draw back or reposition

Special trigger: Draconic aura?

A skill: Fury

B skill: Tome breaker, or you can keep pass for extra budgeting (or a filthy seal skill so you can debuff three stats at once with seal atk or seal spd)

C skill: Anything you want! (Savage blow is good too)

Fury gets his defense to 25 and res to 22. Rogue dagger raises both of those to 30 and 27. Fury boosts him to 39 speed so he won't get doubled at all

This is basically a "Hit you in the face and you can hit me back but it won't do squat.)

32 Atk at base plus his 7 might Rogue dagger gives him 39 Atk, but Fury gets him to 42 Atk which basically turns him into an artificial neutral Jaffar

Edit: HP seal gives him extra bulk! Also poison strike is also a consideration for the B!

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, Arcanite said:

Oh baby!

Your +Atk -Hp is the one I'm looking at!

+Spd is the only other thing that would have been considered, but this seems nice! 

Here's what I'm thinking of:

Hide contents

5 Star Asugi stats (+Atk -Hp):

39 HP / 32 Atk / 36 Spd / 22 Def / 19 Res

So this is what you'll want to do, for a budget build:

Weapon: Rogue Dagger

Assist: Draw back or reposition

Special trigger: Draconic aura?

A skill: Fury

B skill: Tome breaker, or you can keep pass for extra budgeting (or a filthy seal skill so you can debuff three stats at once with seal atk or seal spd)

C skill: Anything you want! (Savage blow is good too)

Fury gets his defense to 25 and res to 22. Rogue dagger raises both of those to 30 and 27. Fury boosts him to 39 speed so he won't get doubled at all

This is basically a "Hit you in the face and you can hit me back but it won't do squat.)

32 Atk at base plus his 7 might Rogue dagger gives him 39 Atk, but Fury gets him to 42 Atk which basically turns him into an artificial neutral Jaffar

Fury... a skill I have long feared. But I shall take the plunge! I have collected a few Hinata in my time for fear of suddenly finding the love of Fury, so I will go for it :D Thanks ^.^

Incidentally, which tome breaker would you recommend? Pass is pretty useless, honestly... Oooooh... but I like the idea of a seal... hmm... I shall definitely have a look. Finishing getting a few units to 40 and then Gaius will become my new secret ninja :D 

Thanks ^.^

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Incidentally, which tome breaker would you recommend?

On second thought, tome breaker isn't so good. Blue Tome breaker gets the most wins but eh. His res is a little too nyeh since he takes a lot of damage without the +5 res buff!

Just use a seal or poison strike! :D

Just now, Arcanite said:

On second thought, tome breaker isn't so good. Blue Tome breaker gets the most wins but eh. His res is a little too nyeh since he takes a lot of damage without the +5 res buff!

I have a lot of Saizos just sitting there looking bored... might have to go for the strike :D I'll see how I feel when he starts (slowly) gaining the levels. I feel I will get annoyed with him after Jakob, who actually does do damage when I need him to, but he will become good! Or, at least, somewhat passable xD 

This is the guy I named my gecko after. I can't let her down (reptile genders are... hard to tell initially) :O For the same reason, Feena (one of the namesakes for my oldest snake) will be on my team for sure if she's ever added to the game :D 

Once I have him up there, if I can work out how, I shall post my first screenshot here ^.^

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

This is the guy I named my gecko after. I can't let her down (reptile genders are... hard to tell initially) :O For the same reason, Feena (one of the namesakes for my oldest snake) will be on my team for sure if she's ever added to the game :D 

This is the part where I say "WHOA YOU HAD A PET SNAKE! THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!?!?!" but I don't want to de-rail this thread

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Once I have him up there, if I can work out how, I shall post my first screenshot here ^.^

Good!

Let me know if my little budget build works out for you!

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

This is the part where I say "WHOA YOU HAD A PET SNAKE! THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!?!?!" but I don't want to de-rail this thread

Good!

Let me know if my little budget build works out for you!

Three, but only one named after an FE character... and two lizards, one of whom is also named after an FE character

I definitely shall. Full credit and all. Now just to grind him up. That's probably going to be the worst bit xD He's... not strong, bless him. 

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Whatever happened to "seals are for squares"? :P

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Whatever happened to "seals are for squares"? :P

Well.....

uh..................

Gaius is a square!

Spoiler

Fair for a square anyway :D:

@Cute Chao, I ran through 2 builds for Gaius and all the dagger users out of curiosity a while back. Long story short, Kagero is the best dagger unit with Gaius having the potential to be the second-best. Keyword: potential.

Poison Dagger: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70033-skill-inheritance-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=4805368.

Silver Dagger: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70033-skill-inheritance-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=4806056.

In my opinion, he'd be better with either a Poison Dagger or Silver Dagger build, but they're expensive builds since you need to be able to get Life & Death 3 and either of those daggers should probably be 5* to make the most out of it. Rogue Dagger kind of forces Gaius to rely on it to survive which isn't that great since his overall defenses suck and he's mostly banking on his high HP and speed to avoid getting one-shotted by most of the cast. Silver Dagger and Poison Dagger lets him use his high speed very aggressively -- pretty much the main reason he can trail behind Kagero despite her 6 point lead in attack compared Gaius, Jakob, and Saizo. Poison's obviously the better option, but since Kagero exists, it might be better if Gaius uses a Silver Dagger to at least be a different unit.

Also, giving Gaius a Silver Dagger basically gives him a Rogue Dagger+ in terms of offense, but not defense, which he can access at any time unlike Rogue Dagger+ which requires that he's a 5* and Gaius has never been on a banner. So, if you just want Gaius to do more damage, then go ahead. Just be sure that he either kills or can avoid the enemy phase.

Anyway, stupid question time: did someone suggest that Linde could run Blarraven and T-Adept well? I swear I saw something similar to that. Maybe it was Julia instead, but I don't know. Just curious is all and I couldn't find it through using the search function. For some reason, I think Ice Dragon was the one that mentioned it... somewhere.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@Cute Chao, I ran through 2 builds for Gaius and all the dagger users out of curiosity a while back. Long story short, Kagero is the best dagger unit with Gaius having the potential to be the second-best. Keyword: potential.

Poison Dagger: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70033-skill-inheritance-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=4805368.

Silver Dagger: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70033-skill-inheritance-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=4806056.

In my opinion, he'd be better with either a Poison Dagger or Silver Dagger, but they're expensive builds since you need to be able to get Life & Death 3 and either of those daggers should probably be 5* to make the most out of it. Rogue Dagger kind of forces Gaius to rely on it to survive which isn't that great since his overall defenses suck and he's mostly banking on his high HP and speed to avoid getting one-shotted by most of the cast. Silver Dagger and Poison Dagger lets him use his high speed very aggressively -- pretty much the main reason he can trail behind Kagero despite her 6 point lead in attack compared Gaius, Jakob, and Saizo. Poison's obviously the better option, but since Kagero exists, it might be better if Gaius uses a Silver Dagger to at least be a different unit.

Also, giving Gaius a Silver Dagger basically gives him a Rogue Dagger+ in terms of offense, but not defense, which he can access at any time unlike Rogue Dagger+ which requires that he's a 5* and Gaius has never been on a banner.

Anyway, stupid question time: did someone suggest that Linde could run Blarraven and T-Adept well? I swear I saw something similar to that. Maybe it was Julia instead, but I don't know. Just curious is all and I couldn't find it through using the search function. For some reason, I think Ice Dragon was the one that mentioned it... somewhere.

Thanks :D I'll keep that in mind, too. I do plan to 5* him, since I have 20k feathers and I feel like it's about time to promote for favouritism rather than necessity, since I have pretty strong 5*'s currently (at least strong enough for what I like from the game - I'm not the most competitive). 

I'll see about getting a silver dagger. I was considering that on might alone. Looking at the first build, it looks like my +atk Gaius is actually pretty good for that, at least :) 

Good thing is, I have six Gaius...es to play around with, so at least SP will be less likely to become an issue if I want to try both yours and Arcanite's out to see what suits me :D 

17 hours ago, ignis_z said:

I just got Soren 5 stars + atak - res, is good? wich skills are better for him? i got nino too, is godd defender for Coliseum soren?

All I can tell you is that +atk Soren makes a very strong user of Gronnraven+ with Triangle Adept in the A-slot. Really, being able to one-shot Reinhardt and Takumi, for example, helps a lot in the current meta.
Being -Res, he will take some damage from blue mages, but he should survive them all and kill them is response, so it's still worth it.

So guys, I have an Ursula now at this point...

She's a neutral nature. Oh, and currently she's packing Death Blow for A-slot and Threaten Res for C-slot, with Iceberg for her proc skill since I'm going to get Blarblade for her and then place her in a Cavalier team. I wonder what should I place on her B-slot...

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

So guys, I have an Ursula now at this point...

She's a neutral nature. Oh, and currently she's packing Death Blow for A-slot and Threaten Res for C-slot, with Iceberg for her proc skill since I'm going to get Blarblade for her and then place her in a Cavalier team. I wonder what should I place on her B-slot...

If you're planning to place her on a cavalry team, I would give her Desperation for her B-slot since her 32 speed gets boosted all the way up to 38 with Hone Cavalry (42 if you include Goad), which gives her more than enough speed to double most of the metagame. If you wanted to further improve your matchup spread, you could give her Life and Death over her default Death Blow if you're running Desperation. 

Alternatively, if you wanted to keep her default Death Blow to make her into a one-hit-wonder, Wings of Mercy is an option for improved mobility across the map.

4 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If you're planning to place her on a cavalry team, I would give her Desperation for her B-slot since her 32 speed gets boosted all the way up to 38 with Hone Cavalry (42 if you include Goad), which gives her more than enough speed to double most of the metagame. If you wanted to further improve your matchup spread, you could give her Life and Death over her default Death Blow if you're running Desperation. 

Alternatively, if you wanted to keep her default Death Blow to make her into a one-hit-wonder, Wings of Mercy is an option for improved mobility across the map.

I  agree desperation is a good option.  I want to get Ursula setup with Desperation and Life or death on my Cavalry team.  Her speed is juicy with Hone and her attack is crazy high.  On the other hand with this type of investment you may want to save orbs and go for Olwen +Spd or +Atk.  Its probably a wash between any of their combinations though.  Your target is most likely going to explode regardless with Blarblade.  

The other thing you can do with your B slot is ask, what can't you kill.  When Reinhardt considers this same question the issue of what he can't kill usually hits with spear users.  Some spear users have either high Resistance, High speed, or both.  Just like Reinhardt's Deathblow doubletap, Ursula or Olwen will sometimes either not do enough damage in one blow or fail to get two blows against a spear user.  The simplest solution is run Spearbreaker.

So Spearbreaker or Desperation are solid options On Ursula or Olwen with Blarblade.

Quick skill question.

Is Quick Riposte 2 good for Xander? Since I don't have acces to lv3, but I have 3 Subakis for lv2 + swap (1 is 4* and the other two are 3*)