Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, r_n said:

I'm dismantling my Arthurs for other people. Do cavaliers & fliers like Swap? Reinhardt and Catria and so forth don't have one right now, but I also have some Repositions around. Guess in a more broad sense, what kind of units like Swap? Seems like a handy filler skill if they can't anything else, at least.

Anybody who's really fat, or very fast can inherit swap. Swap gives you a switch-in to someone else who can take a hit better, or can survive a hit for one turn. Hence you'd want someone fast who won't get doubled and die, or someone fat who might get doubled but will take negligible damage.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The fortification bonus doesn't affect New Moon, Moonbow, Luna, Aether, Glowing Ember, Bonfire, Chilling Wind, Iceberg, and Glacies's damage in the same way that effective damage and weapon triangle modifiers don't affect Dragon Gaze, Draconic Aura, and Dragon Fang's damage.

Weird, because that means what Luna actually does is add 50% of your opponents Def/Res to damage, rather than decrease def/res by 50%

*Shrugg*

I guess it does make it consistent with the other damage skills.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Weird, because that means what Luna actually does is add 50% of your opponents Def/Res to damage, rather than decrease def/res by 50%

*Shrugg*

I guess it does make it consistent with the other damage skills.

They're still equivalent as long as you consider fortification buffs to be a reduction to damage taken instead of a direct increase to Def and Res. As I said, this is exactly how effective damage and weapon triangle modifiers behave: as modifiers to damage instead of modifiers to Atk.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They're still equivalent as long as you consider fortification buffs to be a reduction to damage taken instead of a direct increase to Def and Res. As I said, this is exactly how effective damage and weapon triangle modifiers behave: as modifiers to damage instead of modifiers to Atk.

The thing is: Luna says damage is calculated as if opponent def/res is reduced by 50%.

So if Luna happens, fort increase should be calculated based on reduced res, via a strict reading.

It might be difference different in japanese, though.

Edit: Not saying you're wrong, incidentally---after checking, Luna does work the way you say it does. It just doesn't work the way it says it does.

Edited by DehNutCase

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The thing is: Luna says damage is calculated as if opponent def/res is reduced by 50%.

So if Luna happens, fort increase should be calculated based on reduced res, via a strict reading.

It might be difference in japanese, though.

It does say that it reduces Def/Res by 50% in Japanese too.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

It might be difference different in japanese, though.

If you consider the fortification buff as a static effect that takes its value at the beginning of a round of combat, then it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Anybody who's really fat, or very fast can inherit swap. Swap gives you a switch-in to someone else who can take a hit better, or can survive a hit for one turn. Hence you'd want someone fast who won't get doubled and die, or someone fat who might get doubled but will take negligible damage.

Perfect, I have some ideas now. Thanks

What do you think is the best IV for effie?

I have a +spd -res 5*

And

A -spd +res 4*

Should I upgrade or should I wait for a better set?

Is there actually any point of using her is I dont have distant counter to feed her with?

41 minutes ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

What do you think is the best IV for effie?

I have a +spd -res 5*

And

A -spd +res 4*

Should I upgrade or should I wait for a better set?

Is there actually any point of using her is I dont have distant counter to feed her with?

Speed is almost useless for Effie---it does block some QR doubles if she's naturally fast enough to avoid the double, thanks to Wary. That said, +Res is nearly as useless, so just keep the 5*. Ideally Effie wants +Atk/-Whatever. (She basically doesn't care about any of her stats other than Atk, since Wary Fighter is just so damn good.)

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Speed is almost useless for Effie---it does block some QR doubles if she's naturally fast enough to avoid the double, thanks to Wary. That said, +Res is nearly as useless, so just keep the 5*. Ideally Effie wants +Atk/-Whatever. (She basically doesn't care about any of her stats other than Atk, since Wary Fighter is just so damn good.)

Thanks. Gonna wait for a better one probably. When she come I will make her plus2 ☺ and hopefully will have a bunch of hectors to prove DS ☺

Another quick update to the OP for the new banner. Changes include:

• Added Blessed Bouquet, Candlelight, Cupid Bow, First Bite, Attack and Resistance +2, Dazzling Staff 3, Rally Attack and Speed, and Wind Boost 3 to the list of 5* Exclusive skills
  • Removed Blarowl, Gronnowl, Earth Boost 3, and B Tome Experience 3 from the list of 5* Exclusive skills
  • Added Dazzling Staff 3 to the list of Staff-exclusive skills
  • Boey has been added as a candidate for passing the following skills as a 4*: Gronnowl, Earth Boost 3, and Ignis
  • Mae has been added as a candidate for passing the following skills as a 4*: Blarowl, B Tome Experience 3, and Draw Back

@DehNutCase, took some time to think about your response regarding Est and Dragon Fang or Glacies. I think I'm going with Dragon Fang. Attack buffs are more common and her attack is pretty good to begin with. Glacies should probably go to Clair or someone with high resistance, but 30 and under attack.

She's quest Est from the Whitewings thing way back; she's also the first Est I ever got. I did summon a second 3* Est with -Atk who I'm just using to get her default skills and inherit other skills. Est doesn't have skills that are exactly useful for anyone, so it would help to do that and create some space.

Anyway, just wanted your input which I thank for that. I know I can run the numbers, but I just wanted a second opinion.

Est is in this weird spot for me where she's my only blue flyer capable of using Brave Lance well, but I generally only use her on singleplayer maps and as a flying Donnel which makes attack buffs very common considering Olivia is a staple unit of many GHB strategies. +Atk, -Spd 4* Catria could do what Est does, but she already has her niche, so let's keep that going. So, improving her would be fine, especially to get rid of units, but not improving her (beyond her default kit) so much would be fine as well.

Now, another question that anyone can answer. Who really wants Darting Blow? Some spare Florina's and I don't really know who'd really want it other than 5* M!Corrin since Darting Blow stacks with Yato for a weird build. Only 2 spare Florinas and one's a 4*, so I think I just answered my question. Still, I wonder if anyone else would want it.

Edited by Kaden

Is the best skill bride Caede has give to Attack/Resistance +2 ?

I have a minus attack one, and I don't feel like fishing for others to merge, everyone who would want her special has it.

On 5/30/2017 at 11:15 AM, claire said:

so what skills are good for bride lyn?

Dang, this is a late answer.

For the C skill, most healers want a hone or Fortify skill, and if you're really going ham, you can even put savage blow. For the A slot, most people like HP+5 to help them live longer, or even speed+3 to make sure they don't get doubled to death. Res or Def +3 are okay too to help them live longer as well if you also want to put the HP+3 seal. For the B, you can just keep her regular skill for epic no counterattack banter. I'm mot sure what her default special trigger is, but heavenly light or kindled fire balm are okay (though I prefer heavenly light).

So, this might be a rather odd thing, but would anyone be able to recommend a build or so for Florina? I know she's really not good especially compared to other fliers like Caeda and Hinoka, and heck Subaki has some good defence on him, though Florina is my favourite character and hold a special place to me, so I was wanting to make something of her ^^ Not sure if she'd be better on a flier emblem team or not, given the bonuses from the skills, or if a stand alone build would be best for her. 

So far I gave her Moonbow as a special and it's been okay (plus had a few extra Odin), and Reposition as an assist which has been a godsend (plus, I have way too many Barsts.. I hardly get any other green unit..) Other than that I have her with her vanilla skills, since I'm not entirely sure what I might be able to give her. Was thinking Possibly a Brave Lance (+), Life and Death, Swordbreaker and depending on if she's part of an emblem team, Ward or Fortify Fliers (and yes I know I'd have to sacrifice good units for good skills, though I'm more interested playing with my favourites rather than the most powerful units xP) I'm still relatively new to inheritance and I'm really not sure about the weapon, if I should stick to Heavy spear, Killer or Sapphire lances or not. Same with Swordbreaker. As a Blue she already gets advantage, it would make her more of a sword killer. 

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

So, this might be a rather odd thing, but would anyone be able to recommend a build or so for Florina? I know she's really not good especially compared to other fliers like Caeda and Hinoka, and heck Subaki has some good defence on him, though Florina is my favourite character and hold a special place to me, so I was wanting to make something of her ^^ Not sure if she'd be better on a flier emblem team or not, given the bonuses from the skills, or if a stand alone build would be best for her. 

So far I gave her Moonbow as a special and it's been okay (plus had a few extra Odin), and Reposition as an assist which has been a godsend (plus, I have way too many Barsts.. I hardly get any other green unit..) Other than that I have her with her vanilla skills, since I'm not entirely sure what I might be able to give her. Was thinking Possibly a Brave Lance (+), Life and Death, Swordbreaker and depending on if she's part of an emblem team, Ward or Fortify Fliers (and yes I know I'd have to sacrifice good units for good skills, though I'm more interested playing with my favourites rather than the most powerful units xP) I'm still relatively new to inheritance and I'm really not sure about the weapon, if I should stick to Heavy spear, Killer or Sapphire lances or not. Same with Swordbreaker. As a Blue she already gets advantage, it would make her more of a sword killer. 

If you have the resources, I would give her Killer Lance, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte, and Iceberg to take advantage of her amazing res and be a dedicated mage killer. 

17 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If you have the resources, I would give her Killer Lance, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte, and Iceberg to take advantage of her amazing res and be a dedicated mage killer. 

I'll have to definitely save up for some of those (and if they stop giving me Barsts @.@) If we're using res, would a +res boon be best or should I stick with +Atk? (I'm hunting for another, actually, my current is +Atk, -Spd, and I'm not quite liking the bane there, if it wasn't for Darting blow I think she'd never survive xP) 

thank you so much for your help ^^ I guess she can help Subaki killing mages while he tanks the physical hits, eh?

4 hours ago, Zero said:

I'll have to definitely save up for some of those (and if they stop giving me Barsts @.@) If we're using res, would a +res boon be best or should I stick with +Atk? (I'm hunting for another, actually, my current is +Atk, -Spd, and I'm not quite liking the bane there, if it wasn't for Darting blow I think she'd never survive xP) 

thank you so much for your help ^^ I guess she can help Subaki killing mages while he tanks the physical hits, eh?

I would still go with +Atk, but she'd be one of the few characters that wouldn't mind a res boon over others. +Atk/-HP would probably be the best overall nature for her.

Made a quick update to the OP to include Camus.

• Removed Goad Cavalry from the list of 5* exclusive skills
  • Camus has been added as a candidate for passing the following skills as a 4*: Grani's Shield, Goad Cavalry, and Growing Thunder
  • Added Gradivus to the list of uninheritable skills

8 hours ago, Tragonight said:

Any recommended A slot skills for Bridal Lyn? I was considering Speed +3. I'm keeping the rest of her default skills and weapon, while adding Savage Blow to C slot. 

I would just give her HP +5 or some other stat that would help her survive. 

Spd +3 is largely unnecessary imo since she already has base 34 speed, meaning she doesn't get doubled by anyone unless they're at 39 speed or greater (which very, very few units will have). If you're using Bridal Lyn, chances are you're also using her for her debuff and not for damage, so being able to double more people is hardly a concern compared to simply surviving longer so that you can apply more debuffs.