Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Any advice on Bonfire vs Ignis for Michalis?  I've been using bonfire, but I was wondering if Ignis might be better because of Hauteclere's accelerated cool down affect.

Bonfire is generally better because it will proc every single round of combat with a Killer weapon like Hauteclere in tandem with Quick Riposte, regardless of whether or not Michalis is being doubled, whereas Ignis will only proc in the same round if he is being doubled, which is far from an ideal situation to be in without flier buffs in the first place. In fact, Ignis performs worse than Bonfire when he is not being doubled, because it never procs. Stick with Bonfire.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have suggestions for mae? I have nothing for her A slot, I was thinking of breath of life for her C slot but second opinions are good as well. She's apart of my second team and the only blue Mage in that team of celica, Boey or Lukas and Genny (if I get those two) thank you everyone! :) 

mae is +atk/-def 

tempest trials are coming up and I hope to make good use of her high attack power.

Edited by jaaason_d14

@jaaason_d14 If you want to replace her Blárowl, Mae gets more use out of Blárblade. Higher Mt and buff-stacking potential off of one of the highest Atk bases in the game? Yes, please.

A Passive? Fury or Life and Death are your best bets. Fury has better synergy with her innate Desperation due to the 6HP recoil. Atk +3, Spd +3, or Death Blow are fine budget options, though I highly suggest Fury since it's relatively easy to obtain from Hinata.

Her C can be whatever your team needs, though an offensive Hone or Spur like Atk or Spd tends to work best.

Do note that Mae's HP will not carry over between maps during Tempest Trial. While Fury's recoil makes this unappealing, it can actually work very well assuming you can keep her Spd up for spamming Desperation.

Hope this helped!

I'm in the process of making a horse emblem team with Camus, Xander, Reinhardt, and Cecilia/Priscilla.

However, I didn't put any movement skills on any of them yet. I'm thinking about using Draw Back, Reposition, and Swap, but which skill should I put on which unit? This is my first attempt at a horse emblem team, so I don't know what's best yet.

Edited by Tragonight

21 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

I'm in the process of making a horse emblem team with Camus, Xander, Reinhardt, and Cecilia/Priscilla.

However, I didn't put any movement skills on any of them yet. I'm thinking about using Draw Back, Reposition, and Swap, but which skill should I put on which unit? This is my first attempt at a horse emblem team, so I don't know what's best yet.

Squishier units want Draw Back to keep the bulkier units in front. Bulkier units want Reposition to put the squishier units behind them.

Swap works well on anyone. It's less powerful, but can't get blocked by terrain.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Which special skill is good with Gaius? I gave him Glacies, but realized that was a mistake. I gave him Moonbow, but I'm 50/50 about it. Any other suggestions?

I'm making a horse team with Cecilia/Xander/Camus, but I'm not sure what A and B skills to give Xander and Camus. Vantage was my first thought for B, but I only have two sources of Vantage, a 5 Star Gordin who I was planning on using to give Setsuna BB+, and a 4 Star Gordin which would only get me Vantage 2. I haven't seen a Lon'qu in months. Alternatively, would Quick Riposte be a good option for Xander? 

Also, what about A skills? If they would both best be used with Fury, then that'll be easy since I have plenty of Hinatas, but idk if there's a skill that either of them use better

19 minutes ago, BurgundyBirb said:

I'm making a horse team with Cecilia/Xander/Camus, but I'm not sure what A and B skills to give Xander and Camus. Vantage was my first thought for B, but I only have two sources of Vantage, a 5 Star Gordin who I was planning on using to give Setsuna BB+, and a 4 Star Gordin which would only get me Vantage 2. I haven't seen a Lon'qu in months. Alternatively, would Quick Riposte be a good option for Xander? 

Also, what about A skills? If they would both best be used with Fury, then that'll be easy since I have plenty of Hinatas, but idk if there's a skill that either of them use better

Fury works great for both Xander and Camus, but Triangle Adept is a nice alternative for Xander to check green mages, if you find them to be problematic for your team.

Similarly, Quick Riposte is a popular option for both but I personally prefer Vantage on Camus and QR for Xander.

Spoiler

Save your Brave Bow+ for somebody besides Setsuna unless you genuinely like her. Other archers use the set better than she does.

21 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Fury works great for both Xander and Camus, but Triangle Adept is a nice alternative for Xander to check green mages, if you find them to be problematic for your team.

Similarly, Quick Riposte is a popular option for both but I personally prefer Vantage on Camus and QR for Xander.

Hide contents

Save your Brave Bow+ for somebody besides Setsuna unless you genuinely like her. Other archers use the set better than she does.

I'll go with Fury on both since I need to get rid of these Hinatas and since I never get Roys

thanks!

Musings about a special for Mae in the spoiler. Ignore or read if you want.

Spoiler

Hmm... -Atk on Mae means that Iceberg and Glacies do the most damage compared to Draconic Aura and Dragon Fang regardless if she has a Hone Atk 3 buff or not or is surrounded by units because of Blarowl's effect. The only time when the attack specials surpass resistance specials if she has at least 1 Hone Attack and 1 Spur Attack making it so DF does 1 more damage than Glacies, but if you have 2 units standing next to her, then DF and Glacies do the same damage. Iceberg always ends up being superior than DA.

=Atk and +Atk just needs 1 Hone Atk 3 for DA and DF to either match or exceed Iceberg and Glacies. But with 1 Fortify Res (and Hone Atk), Iceberg and Glacies become more powerful. So, the resistance specials are still the way to go in that case.

+Spd, -Atk Mae basically has Celica and Tharja's offensive stat spread, but with a more magic-inclined defensive stat spread. I could go with Blarblade, but bride Caeda, Linde, Olwen, and Ursula exist. In Linde's case, however, I still want to keep Aura since with it, I could could make her into a pseudo healer if needed -- it's been a bit helpful in the Tempest Trials -- while the others have their own quirks that would probably make them better; Caeda and Olwen are faster and like Ursula, Olwen also has access to cavalry buffs. The only thing I can think of is Blarraven and T-Adept to have her be a red and colorless nuker which unfortunately, would have been better if she had her neutral attack since she'd have around the same attack as Spring Camilla, Lilina, and Sanaki. Right now, she's around Sophia's range, but without her bulk. Maybe I should just keep Blarowl.

Anyway, there's not much of a good reason to not give (neutral) Linde and (a +Spd) Nino Desperation in favor of a different B-skill, right? They're so fast to begin with and hit very hard, that I letting them double to nuke the living daylights out of enemies is just a thing they should do.

Lucina on the other hand, not so sure. Thinking of Renewal 2 -- never got a Fae -- since the team she's regularly on for Tempest Trials has no healers. Then again, she, Linde, Olivia, and Titania or someone else are there to clutch out the last map, but at the same time, considering there will be future Tempest Trials and perhaps future maps where being able to sustain while also kill units quickly makes me wonder if Lucina should have Renewal. The only other Falchion user other than masked Lucina I can think of who I would to give Renewal is Marth, but he's a 4* and anyway, I digress.

TL;DR: What should I do with a +Spd, -Atk Mae or in general for Mae other than give her Iceberg or Glacies, Desperation or possible alternative B-skill for neutral Linde and +Spd, -Def Nino, and Renewal Lucina?

@Kaden I mean...if you don't have any better blue mages to work with then Mae can definitely take a Blárblade set to fix her bane. Neutral Linde still does the set better though.

+Spd -Def Nino and Linde still want Desperation for the B Passive. Not much reason to take anything else because of their glass-ness.

Renewal Lucina is iffy but Breath of Life C and Seal along with Reciprocal Aid gives you more healing to work with. I personally don't prefer Dr. Lucina in general though.

Edited by MrSmokestack

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Kaden I mean...if you don't have any better blue mages to work with then Mae can definitely take.a Blárblade set to fix her bane. Neutral Linde still does the set better though.

+Spd -Def Nino and Linde still want Desperation for the B Passive. Not much reason to take anything else because of their glass-ness.

Renewal Lucina is iffy but Breath of Life C and Seal along with Reciprocal Aid gives you more healing to work with. I personally don't prefer Dr. Lucina in general though.

It's not that I don't have any better blue mages and more of I like Mae and if I can get her up to speed, having 4 good blue mages -- her, Linde, Ursula, and eventually, maybe, getting 4* Reinhardt to 5* -- would be a great thing, especially considering my red mages boils down to 3* Raigh and Sophia leaving Lucina as my most reliable means to deal with Veronica and Eldigan, Eliwood, M!Corrin, and Zephiel as sketchy back-ups with Alfonse and Chrom being even more sketchy. The bane of fighting high defense, low(er) resistance green mages... 

Anyway, Linde does Blarblade by default better and if both are +Atk, she's still better. And then there's the other blues which I've mentioned before. Just not sure what to do with my bundle of energy.

All right on the Desperation part. Just gonna need another Shanna. Linde or Nino, though... Probably Nino since she's already rocking Gronnblade and I don't have a glass cannon green mage that's level 40.

Hmm, yeah, don't really know what to do with Lucina other than obligatory L&D, Desperation Lucina.

Renewal and Falchion comboing is cool, but the only one I can think of who would use it well is Marth. Alm's bulk isn't as good as Marth's, but his attack is a bit better, Chrom would probably want Swordbreaker or even Brash Assault, and Lucina would probably be better off with Desperation. Marth's stats kind of say support dude to the others. Also, Marth is 2 letters off from Mario and he's a doctor, so, Dr. Marth seems appropriate. :P

Does anyone have any idea how I should make these characters better? I'm not sure what skills they should inherit. 

Roy- +SPD/-HP (merge 1) 

Lucina- +HP/-DEF

Female Robin-

Cordelia- +SPD/-ATK

Leo- +DEF/-SPD

note*** I do not have any more "Furys" to use on the characters. 

Edited by jaaason_d14

1 hour ago, jaaason_d14 said:

Does anyone have any idea how I should make these characters better? I'm not sure what skills they should inherit. 

Roy- +SPD/-HP (merge 1) 

Lucina- +HP/-DEF

Female Robin-

Cordelia- +SPD/-ATK

Leo- +DEF/-SPD

note*** I do not have any more "Furys" to use on the characters. 

1. Depends on what team you're running them on.
2. Also depends on what you want them to do on your team.  With no context, it's really hard to say.

The only one I'd shy away from is that Cordelia, unless you want to inherit a weapon.  -Atk is the worst possible bane for a Brave user.

What A-skill shall suit Camus? I don't want him to become a complete Lance-wielding Xander clone; I might give him Vantage too but the A-skill... For spoilers; my Xander has Fury / Vantage for A and B-slots and Grani's Shield is completely situational since I can obliterate Wolf-tome users.

Edited by Frosty

6 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Also... what A-skill shall suit Camus? I don't want him to become a complete Lance-wielding Xander clone; I might give him Vantage too but the A-skill... For spoilers; my Xander has Fury / Vantage for A and B-slots and Grani's Shield is completely situational since I can obliterate Wolf-tome users.

I would give Xander Quick Riposte actually, as he’s pretty slow. My Camus rocks Fury and Vantage though.

@Frosty

A. Camus will become a bonus unit at the end of this rotation, so if you don't want to use the other free units then Camus fills that niche pretty well.

Generally speaking, Camus and Xander tend to run the same passives; Fury is virtually guaranteed for both though Xander also likes having Triangle Adept for checking green mages. -Wolf tomes are rare in arena because of their low Mt compared to other options, so Grani's Shield and other variants aren't terribly useful to begin with. My Camus runs Vantage though Quick Riposte is a nice alternative if you're not intending to run Horse Emblem.

B. You can also save feathers to bump said Odin to 5* for the extra Mt on -Blade. It makes quite a difference especially with Ursula's naturally low Atk.

EDIT: Seconding @Vaximillian, my Xander runs Quick Riposte too.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Frosty

A. Camus will become a bonus unit at the end of this rotation, so if you don't want to use the other free units then Camus fills that niche pretty well.

Generally speaking, Camus and Xander tend to run the same passives; Fury is virtually guaranteed for both though Xander also likes having Triangle Adept for checking green mages. -Wolf tomes are rare in arena because of their low Mt compared to other options, so Grani's Shield and other variants aren't terribly useful to begin with. My Camus runs Vantage though Quick Riposte is a nice alternative if you're not intending to run Horse Emblem.

B. You can also save feathers to bump said Odin to 5* for the extra Mt on -Blade. It makes quite a difference especially with Ursula's naturally low Atk.

Oh...

... and next stop for promotion will be Odin so I can now turn Ursula into my primary nuke. Now my Raven+ Cecilia has a partner-in-crime! XD

I wanted to do a little twist to my Camus so he'll be a bit different from Xander. Also, my Xander at 4* despite of the low 25 SPD becomes 35 SPD whenever Cecilia and Camus are nearby. Not slow but not too fast for the doubling shenanigans. That's with Fury + Goad Cavalry + Hone Cavalry.

30 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I wanted to do a little twist to my Camus so he'll be a bit different from Xander. Also, my Xander at 4* despite of the low 25 SPD becomes 35 SPD whenever Cecilia and Camus are nearby. Not slow but not too fast for the doubling shenanigans. That's with Fury + Goad Cavalry + Hone Cavalry.

My Camus hits 42 Spd with just Fury and Hone Cavalry. Oh, and 57 Atk, or 58 with the Atk seal.

I was wondering what might be best for a few of my recent pulls. I have a couple of plans, but for the inside outs of skills that would go well with my teams, I'm not sure.

+HP/-Def Lukas. I've been wanting Lukas since he was introduced, and while I was randomly pulling blues I pulled him. I was hoping that he might be a good wall fro my team which so far consists of Desperation Nino, buffing Eirika, Klein and either Olivia or Clarine depending on what I feel like. If I benched Klein and kept Olivia. Right now I'm in definite need of a tank on my team, as I'm lacking a lot, especially with Fury/desperation Nino as much as she's a powerhouse, once she gets down far one hit kills her (which is why I sometimes run Carine for heals) Was thinking I'd keep the Fortress defence, maybe try to make use of the +hp boon at least until I pull something else, I have rally def on Eirika as well as Rally res on Nino for right now. I'm not sure if I should go full sponge since he's -speed.

+Atk/-Def Olivia. I might hunt for another of her, but I'd really like a green check on my team, so if I have her with the ruby sword, either Wings of Mercy or escape route, and maybe spd+3 to help prevent being doubled.. While she might be able to handle green mages, becasue of that -def I'd be worried about green physicals, even with triangle advantage+Ruby sword. 

and finally, +atk/-def Reinhardt. Aaand this is another guy I've been hunting (I have 2 olwens already from it) and pulled him on my first pull on the vantage banner since he was there. I know +atk is good on him, but with the -def I know I'd have to keep him out of melee range. Any specific things I should watch for skill wise for this guy? I'd probably be using him on a horse emblem, at the very least with Olwen, probably Clarine and a cavalry unit that I havent decided on yet (I don't have that many cavalry units xD though Cecilia is definitely on the list to replace Clarine as well. Olwen has Ward Cavalry in her kit, which would patch up his defense a little, but I'm not sure if I should go the usual deathblow attack oriented approach, make him a glass cannon type of thing, or something else.

4 hours ago, Zero said:

I was wondering what might be best for a few of my recent pulls. I have a couple of plans, but for the inside outs of skills that would go well with my teams, I'm not sure.

+HP/-Def Lukas. I've been wanting Lukas since he was introduced, and while I was randomly pulling blues I pulled him. I was hoping that he might be a good wall fro my team which so far consists of Desperation Nino, buffing Eirika, Klein and either Olivia or Clarine depending on what I feel like. If I benched Klein and kept Olivia. Right now I'm in definite need of a tank on my team, as I'm lacking a lot, especially with Fury/desperation Nino as much as she's a powerhouse, once she gets down far one hit kills her (which is why I sometimes run Carine for heals) Was thinking I'd keep the Fortress defence, maybe try to make use of the +hp boon at least until I pull something else, I have rally def on Eirika as well as Rally res on Nino for right now. I'm not sure if I should go full sponge since he's -speed.

+Atk/-Def Olivia. I might hunt for another of her, but I'd really like a green check on my team, so if I have her with the ruby sword, either Wings of Mercy or escape route, and maybe spd+3 to help prevent being doubled.. While she might be able to handle green mages, becasue of that -def I'd be worried about green physicals, even with triangle advantage+Ruby sword. 

and finally, +atk/-def Reinhardt. Aaand this is another guy I've been hunting (I have 2 olwens already from it) and pulled him on my first pull on the vantage banner since he was there. I know +atk is good on him, but with the -def I know I'd have to keep him out of melee range. Any specific things I should watch for skill wise for this guy? I'd probably be using him on a horse emblem, at the very least with Olwen, probably Clarine and a cavalry unit that I havent decided on yet (I don't have that many cavalry units xD though Cecilia is definitely on the list to replace Clarine as well. Olwen has Ward Cavalry in her kit, which would patch up his defense a little, but I'm not sure if I should go the usual deathblow attack oriented approach, make him a glass cannon type of thing, or something else.

In order:

- Lukas makes poor mage bait unless he's facing TA Henry or something.  I'd go with a pure physical tank, with Quick Riposte. If the other three members of your team are slow, Seal Speed is a niche option (but not recommended unless you're insane like me).

- Best Olivia bane IMO is -HP, since a Seal mostly negates it.  With -Def, taking out Hector will be a bit trickier.  Since she shouldn't see too much combat, I'd go with Escape Route.  I run Spd +3, with no regrets.  I also run Escutcheon, since her job is to remove Hector from the map.

- Lancebreaker.  Deals with -Def and ensures kills on some of the more annoying lances (like Azura).  He wants Death Blow (obviously), and Rody's Drive Def looks like an interesting choice for him. . .if you can convince me to pull a Rody and then send him home. :P:

45 minutes ago, eclipse said:

In order:

- Lukas makes poor mage bait unless he's facing TA Henry or something.  I'd go with a pure physical tank, with Quick Riposte. If the other three members of your team are slow, Seal Speed is a niche option (but not recommended unless you're insane like me).

- Best Olivia bane IMO is -HP, since a Seal mostly negates it.  With -Def, taking out Hector will be a bit trickier.  Since she shouldn't see too much combat, I'd go with Escape Route.  I run Spd +3, with no regrets.  I also run Escutcheon, since her job is to remove Hector from the map.

- Lancebreaker.  Deals with -Def and ensures kills on some of the more annoying lances (like Azura).  He wants Death Blow (obviously), and Rody's Drive Def looks like an interesting choice for him. . .if you can convince me to pull a Rody and then send him home. :P:

Ooh okay. Yeah, I was thinking that Lukas could be my main tank, since I'm more inclined to mages I'm lacking in the physically tanky guys. Eirika and/or klein can kill mages with ease, and my Nino can kill most if not all non red mages. Would swap or reposition be useful on him to get squishier units behind him. I think for the most part my team is speedier? I don't have anyone with a -spd bane that I use, and units like Nino I have run desperation (Like so many others) and she usualy kills things, is repositioned out of danger from someone else or is blocked by Eirika who usually lives with a few hp left. Would something like threaten atk work as a C skill to lower the attack of foes for my squishy units?

Should I keep Hone Atk on Olivia? I think it would be a useful skill, as you can never have too much attack, and if I use her on the team with Lukas, it might negate the -attack from fortress attack a little. 

Haha I'd struggle with letting Rein eat Rody xD Rody was one of my favourites in New Mystery along with Luke (and man, I'm struggling to decide who I want to try to pull for, I love them both) Would his normal goad cavalry be good on a horse emblem? and shouls I stick with his vanilla special? if it's one thing I've struggled with it's which specials I should use given characters strengths.