Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

Ooh okay. Yeah, I was thinking that Lukas could be my main tank, since I'm more inclined to mages I'm lacking in the physically tanky guys. Eirika and/or klein can kill mages with ease, and my Nino can kill most if not all non red mages. Would swap or reposition be useful on him to get squishier units behind him. I think for the most part my team is speedier? I don't have anyone with a -spd bane that I use, and units like Nino I have run desperation (Like so many others) and she usualy kills things, is repositioned out of danger from someone else or is blocked by Eirika who usually lives with a few hp left. Would something like threaten atk work as a C skill to lower the attack of foes for my squishy units?

Should I keep Hone Atk on Olivia? I think it would be a useful skill, as you can never have too much attack, and if I use her on the team with Lukas, it might negate the -attack from fortress attack a little. 

Haha I'd struggle with letting Rein eat Rody xD Rody was one of my favourites in New Mystery along with Luke (and man, I'm struggling to decide who I want to try to pull for, I love them both) Would his normal goad cavalry be good on a horse emblem? and shouls I stick with his vanilla special? if it's one thing I've struggled with it's which specials I should use given characters strengths. 

- Lukas does fine with any of the repositioning skills (Swap/Reposition/Shove/etc.).  I'd probably do Swap, since it allows him to take the place of someone else.

- Hone Atk is perfectly fine on Olivia.

- Goad Cavalry is amazing on Horse Emblem.  For specials, the biggest issue with his special IMO is that CD timer, which is an awkward number.  You can either stick with his default and give him Quickened Pulse, or you can replace it with an in-battle skill (literally anything he can learn but Vengeance/Reprisal).

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

- Lukas does fine with any of the repositioning skills (Swap/Reposition/Shove/etc.).  I'd probably do Swap, since it allows him to take the place of someone else.

- Hone Atk is perfectly fine on Olivia.

- Goad Cavalry is amazing on Horse Emblem.  For specials, the biggest issue with his special IMO is that CD timer, which is an awkward number.  You can either stick with his default and give him Quickened Pulse, or you can replace it with an in-battle skill (literally anything he can learn but Vengeance/Reprisal).

Thank you so much~ I'll definitely compare with who I have for fodder or who I might be able to try to pull. I'm so glad that I can use some of my favourite pulls half decently. I know I'll be having to pull for Jaegan and Gunter for the fortefy and hone cavalry, but that works out since I'm hunting for a better Florina anyway so I'll be pulling blues xD

Trying to Build a Legion. Looks very promising from the match up chart:

Weapon: Brave Axe+
Assist: Reciprocal Aid
Special: Luna
A: Life and Death 3
B: Desperation
C: Threaten SPD or a Hone buff
Seal: Atk Seal +1

The only problem is getting him into Desperation range. Needs an ally to take damage that drops them at 32 or below HP.
Matchup Chart:
114 wins 11 losses 14 draws
Notable Losses to: Hector (drops him to 1) and Zephiel, Athena, looses to a bunch of other Sword users, but they arent that prominent in Arena.
Looses additionally to following Sword users if they Run Atk+ and - RES IV: Lucina, Ike, Ryoma
If they also Run Fury he looses additionally against: Marth, Masked Marth, Eldigan

Only listed the more prominent units in the arena he looses on player phase.
Any other Idea for another built? This is just the Classic Brave Axe built. He doesnt seem to be Tanky enough for a Defensiv Built. He is excellent on Takeing out all Lance and Axe users (-Hector)

Not really a question of what skill to inherit since I know what I want to give Xander Hone Cavalry, but do people mix and match or just go with what the units with those skills give you e.g. just taking Gunter's Hone Attack 1, 2, and Cavalry instead of getting Hone Speed 1 and 2 from someone and a Hone Cavalry from Gunter?

It's more efficient to use one unit, but I'm curious about this since I kind of want to give Xander Hone Speed 1 and 2 from one of my many Matthews and Cavalry. Part of my reasoning is that having Xander have Hone Speed can be helpful when he's not on a cavalry team since F!Corrin, Eirika, Ephraim, Gunter, Olivia, and Titania off cavalry team tend to my Hone Attack buffers. The other reason is that unless I were to go with a Life & Death build for a 5* Xander and always have him getting Hone Cavalry buffs, he's not likely to have high speed. Probably not going to do that since Xander's high defense being even high looks so tasty. So, while Xander receiving speed buffs is good defensively and offensively, it might be more useful for the others units he's fighting with since it seems like he'd want attack and defense more than speed (and resistance).

Also, still have a ton of units and getting rid of some would be nice.

Edited by Kaden

6 hours ago, Kaden said:

Not really a question of what skill to inherit since I know what I want to give Xander Hone Cavalry, but do people mix and match or just go with what the units with those skills give you e.g. just taking Gunter's Hone Attack 1, 2, and Cavalry instead of getting Hone Speed 1 and 2 from someone and a Hone Cavalry from Gunter?

It's more efficient to use one unit, but I'm curious about this since I kind of want to give Xander Hone Speed 1 and 2 from one of my many Matthews and Cavalry. Part of my reasoning is that having Xander have Hone Speed can be helpful when he's not on a cavalry team since F!Corrin, Eirika, Ephraim, Gunter, Olivia, and Titania off cavalry team tend to my Hone Attack buffers. The other reason is that unless I were to go with a Life & Death build for a 5* Xander and always have him getting Hone Cavalry buffs, he's not likely to have high speed. Probably not going to do that since Xander's high defense being even high looks so tasty. So, while Xander receiving speed buffs is good defensively and offensively, it might be more useful for the others units he's fighting with since it seems like he'd want attack and defense more than speed (and resistance).

Also, still have a ton of units and getting rid of some would be nice.

As person with a nearly full barracks, I try to give my good units as many useful skills as possible. Sending 3 stars away for a measly amount of feathers does not seem like a good idea to me. For example, my B!Cordelia has learned all her native skills and her Arena skill set (in my signature) and a ton of other skills. Her other Assists include DB, Shove, AS, and R. Aid. Her Specials include Astra, D. Aura, D. Fang, G. Wind, and Miracle. Her B Passives include Van. 3, Desp. 3, Renewal 3, B.breaker 3, and D.breaker 3. Her C Passives include BoL3, S. Atk 3, H. Atk 3, H. Spd 3, T. Spd 3, and T. Def 3. She also learned a lot of other skills half way, like Poison Strike 2 and Seal Atk 1.

She still has 8706 SP and more coming from Tempest Trial.

20 hours ago, XRay said:

As person with a nearly full barracks, I try to give my good units as many useful skills as possible. Sending 3 stars away for a measly amount of feathers does not seem like a good idea to me. For example, my B!Cordelia has learned all her native skills and her Arena skill set (in my signature) and a ton of other skills. Her other Assists include DB, Shove, AS, and R. Aid. Her Specials include Astra, D. Aura, D. Fang, G. Wind, and Miracle. Her B Passives include Van. 3, Desp. 3, Renewal 3, B.breaker 3, and D.breaker 3. Her C Passives include BoL3, S. Atk 3, H. Atk 3, H. Spd 3, T. Spd 3, and T. Def 3. She also learned a lot of other skills half way, like Poison Strike 2 and Seal Atk 1.

She still has 8706 SP and more coming from Tempest Trial.

Not exactly the question I was expecting, but sure. I try not to send units home unless I'm really tight on space or I feel like I have way too many copies of them than I can use which is rare since a lot of units have really good skills even if they're niche. Donnel in particular probably has the best 3* skill set to give for Brave Lance starter kit, especially for someone like Est. Whatever, I'm just going to dump Hone Speed 1 and 2 from Matthew and get a Gunter up to 4* for Hone Cavalry on Xander.

Anyway, doesn't it get cluttered, though, with bride Cordelia having so many skills? She's a good unit, but she can't do everything e.g. defensive mage countering like Faye, Niles, and Rebecca who have higher resistance.

Edited by Kaden

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Anyway, doesn't it get cluttered, though, with bride Cordelia having so many skills? She's a good unit, but she can't do everything e.g. defensive mage countering like Faye, Niles, and Rebecca who have higher resistance.

It is very cluttered, but the only thing I am going to change in her skill set is S.breaker for Desp. if I need to. I did not need to do that yet, so the clutter is not a big deal.

I send home all 3* healers now since I nearly maxed them all out in skills and got most of their ideal natures. I also send home all 3* archers and dagger users for the same reason. However, I try to keep everyone else unless I need to send some home to make space for GHB or quest heroes.

Is it have a Renewal 1 for Mask Lucy a good idea. I don't want to through the hassle of leveling up Lissa & spending feathers just to get Renewal 2. Especially 3 star Lissa is my only unit that has Renewal skills left.

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Is it have a Renewal 1 for Mask Lucy a good idea. I don't want to through the hassle of leveling up Lissa & spending feathers just to get Renewal 2. Especially 3 star Lissa is my only unit that has Renewal skills left.

As long as you know it's going to be inferior to Renewal 2 or 3 and are okay with that, then go for it. 

I personally think you should always grab at least the level 2 of a skill though, since 3* units can be leveled to 20 instantly to shards, and 2000 feathers is a reasonable price to pay for the increase in effectiveness (spending 20k feathers for the increase from 2 to 3 often isn't worth it, but I personally think the 2k is always worth). 

49 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

As long as you know it's going to be inferior to Renewal 2 or 3 and are okay with that, then go for it. 

I personally think you should always grab at least the level 2 of a skill though, since 3* units can be leveled to 20 instantly to shards, and 2000 feathers is a reasonable price to pay for the increase in effectiveness (spending 20k feathers for the increase from 2 to 3 often isn't worth it, but I personally think the 2k is always worth). 

Yes that would normally not b an issue but Lissa is a healer & they can only be level up by healing others & they're just as bad as grinding them in the actual series. That & what would exactly be the problem with healing one round on the 4th turn when Falchion is already doing that by 3rd the turn? Wouldn't she still get 20 hp in total anyways?

Edited by Zangetsu

53 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yes that would normally not b an issue but Lissa is a healer & they can only be level up by healing others & they're just as bad as grinding them in the actual series.

Take a level 40 unit with Fury to Starting Stratum with no weapon equipped and heal until you no longer receive experience. Then clear the map with someone else and repeat.

Or use shards.

53 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

That & what would exactly be the problem with healing one round on the 4th turn when Falchion is already doing that by 3rd the turn? Wouldn't she still get 20 hp in total anyways?

Renewal 1 has the second 10 HP delayed to turn 8, whereas Renewal 2 has the second 10 HP on turn 6. Depending on how long a typical map lasts, that might be relevant.

EDIT: Turn 9 and turn 7, respectively, for the third 10 HP because I'm dumb and forgot the first 10 HP was at the beginning of turn 1.

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Renewal 1 has the second 10 HP delayed to turn 8, whereas Renewal 2 has the second 10 HP on turn 6. Depending on how long a typical map lasts, that might be relevant.

Ooohhh that makes sense. The numbers stacks up. Damn you mathematics!     >:(

Thx for the answer guys.

Counting the 3 star Catria I can easily upgrade I have 5 Lunas I can pass on to other units. I am paralyzed by choice. Could someone help me pick the best candidates? I'll probably hold on to one just for the sake of future pulls. If you have questions about other skill set ups or what/how often I use them for, just ask.

Five stars

·         Cain                       +HP        -Attack

·         Eldigan                  +Def      -Attack

·         Sanaki                   +HP        -Def

·         Azura                    +Speed -Res

·         Ninian                   +Speed -HP

·         Nowi                     +Res      -Speed

·         Reinhardt            +Speed -Res

·         Raven                   +Attack -Speed

·         Jeorge                  +Def      -HP

·         Takumi                 +Speed -HP

·         Jaffar                     -HP         +Def

·         Kagero                  +Attack -Res

·         Elise                       +Attack -Res       (just here for reference)

·         S. Lucina 1           ???

·         S. Lucina 2           +Res      -HP

·         M. Marth             Neutral

·         Roy                        ???

·         Sakura                  ??? (irrelevant anyway)

4 stars

·         Navarre                                Neutral

·         Lon’qu                  +Def      -HP

·         Olivia                     +Attack -Speed

·         Draug                    +Res      -Attack (god)

·         Zephial                 Neutral

·         Caeda                   +Attack -Def       (merge +1)

·         Wendy                 +Def      -Res

·         Effie                       +Speed -Res

·         Est 1                       +Def      -Attack

·         Est 2                       +Attack -HP

·         Corrin(F) 1           +HP        -Speed

·         Corrin(F) 2           +HP        -Speed (yes both are the same)

·         Corrin(F) 3           ???

·         Ursula                   Neutral

·         Arthur                   +Speed -Attack

·         Gunter                 +Attack -Res

·         Michalis                Neutral

·         Narcian                 Neutral

·         Cherche               +Res      -Def

·         Camilla                  +Def      -Res

·         Nino                      +Attack -Speed

·         Felicia                    Neutral

·         Clarine                  +Res      -Def (irrelevant)

·         Robin(F)               Neutral

·         Xander                 Neutral

·         Donnel                 +Res      -Speed (I also have like 3 other versions of him as 3 stars)

·         Cordelia               +HP        -??? (not def)

·         B. Cordelia          ???

·         Fae                         +Res      -Speed

·         Hawkeye             ???

·         Oboro                   ???

·         Stahl                      ???

·         Saizo                      ???

·         Fir                           ???

·         Beruka                  ???

·         Camus                  Neutral

·         Lloyd                     Neutral

·         Bartre                   ???

·         Marth                   +HP        -Speed

·         Corrin(M)            +HP        -Attack

·         Shanna 1              +Res      -Attack

·         Shanna 2              +Attack -Def

Camus                           Neutral

I have more 4 stars than this, but they're either units like Setsuna or Jakob, who I don't plan on using at all, or units like Sully or Peri who I might use one day but not any time soon.

I also, obviously, have a bunch of 3 stars but they're not priorities either. Quick notes for similar skills though is I have a spare Robin M, TWO extra corrin fs, a spare tiki (A), a spare Odin, a spare Palla

18 minutes ago, r_n said:

Counting the 3 star Catria I can easily upgrade I have 5 Lunas I can pass on to other units. I am paralyzed by choice. Could someone help me pick the best candidates? I'll probably hold on to one just for the sake of future pulls. If you have questions about other skill set ups or what/how often I use them for, just ask.

Five stars

Reveal hidden contents

·         Cain                       +HP        -Attack

·         Eldigan                  +Def      -Attack

·         Sanaki                   +HP        -Def

·         Azura                    +Speed -Res

·         Ninian                   +Speed -HP

·         Nowi                     +Res      -Speed

·         Reinhardt            +Speed -Res

·         Raven                   +Attack -Speed

·         Jeorge                  +Def      -HP

·         Takumi                 +Speed -HP

·         Jaffar                     -HP         +Def

·         Kagero                  +Attack -Res

·         Elise                       +Attack -Res       (just here for reference)

·         S. Lucina 1           ???

·         S. Lucina 2           +Res      -HP

·         Roy                        ???

·         Sakura                  ??? (irrelevant anyway)

4 stars

Hide contents

·         Navarre                                Neutral

·         Lon’qu                  +Def      -HP

·         Olivia                     +Attack -Speed

·         Draug                    +Res      -Attack (god)

·         Zephial                 Neutral

·         Caeda                   +Attack -Def       (merge +1)

·         Wendy                 +Def      -Res

·         Effie                       +Speed -Res

·         Est 1                       +Def      -Attack

·         Est 2                       +Attack -HP

·         Corrin(F) 1           +HP        -Speed

·         Corrin(F) 2           +HP        -Speed (yes both are the same)

·         Corrin(F) 3           ???

·         Ursula                   Neutral

·         Arthur                   +Speed -Attack

·         Gunter                 +Attack -Res

·         Michalis                Neutral

·         Narcian                 Neutral

·         Cherche               +Res      -Def

·         Camilla                  +Def      -Res

·         Nino                      +Attack -Speed

·         Felicia                    Neutral

·         Clarine                  +Res      -Def (irrelevant)

·         Robin(F)               Neutral

·         Xander                 Neutral

·         Donnel                 +Res      -Speed (I also have like 3 other versions of him as 3 stars)

·         Cordelia               +HP        -??? (not def)

·         B. Cordelia          ???

·         Fae                         +Res      -Speed

·         Hawkeye             ???

·         Oboro                   ???

·         Stahl                      ???

·         Saizo                      ???

·         Fir                           ???

·         Beruka                  ???

·         Camus                  Neutral

·         Lloyd                     Neutral

·         Bartre                   ???

·         Marth                   +HP        -Speed

·         Corrin(M)            +HP        -Attack

·         Shanna 1              +Res      -Attack

·         Shanna 2              +Attack -Def

Camus                           Neutral

I have more 4 stars than this, but they're either units like Setsuna or Jakob, who I don't plan on using at all, or units like Sully or Peri who I might use one day but not any time soon.

I also, obviously, have a bunch of 3 stars but they're not priorities either. Quick notes for similar skills though is I have a spare Robin M, TWO extra corrin fs, a spare tiki (A), a spare Odin, a spare Palla

B!Cordelia is locked at 5*. Luna works best on fast units with Brave/L&D builds in my opinion.

Catria, Cordelia, B!Cordelia, Raven, and Takumi work very well with Brave/L&D builds. I would keep the 3* Catria since she is neutral, unless you have a copy of her that is better than neutral.

Your Raven has a speed bane, so Brave/L&D is probably not the optimal build for him. However, once you summon a better copy, you can merge your current one to the better one.

You can also give Azura that build as well, and she will murder reds on player phase. However, she will be a lot more vulnerable to high attack swords on enemy phase since she no longer gets the defensive buff from Sapphire Lance.

@r_n 

Cordelia, Bride Cordelia, Reinhardt, Raven, and Camus are my votes. Brave Weapon users as well as units that need to deal with high-Def enemies prefer Luna if Draconic Aura doesn't give them at least 15 added damage.

I'll take those suggestions, but I should mention I have....no brave bows! Not even normal brave bows. Bride Cordelia (thanks for the correction) & Takumi are making do with their respective weapons for the time being and it will probably be some time before they ever get them since I prioritize keeping one of every unit before sacrificing. I'll probably still give B.C. Luna, though, just for future proofing if nothing else.

@AW91

For dancers, it depends on what you want them to do for your team. In my opinion, Gem/Killer, Escutcheon/Sacred Cowl, Fury, and Wings of Mercy are the best, since they can teleport to weakened allies, and their other skills help them survive a little better to dance again next turn. You can also make offensive dancers by giving them Brave/Gem/Lightning Breath/Flametongue, Life and Death/Fury, and Breaker, but unless your team has a hard time against Greens or Reds, I would not bother with offensive builds.

Lucina has an offensive build and a medic build. For her offensive build, she uses Falchion, Moonbow, L&D, and S.breaker/Desperation. You can also give her Brave/Luna or Fury, but I think Falchion/Moonbow and L&D is far better. Dr. Lucina is more of a fun build than a practical build, since killing enemies is usually better than healing. However, depending on the team composition, her medic build was very useful in the Tempest Trials since she is generally a better healer than most staff users and she can also attack if necessary.

Reinhardt should go with Moonbow, Death Blow, and L.breaker. If you do not mind making him dependent on support, then Blade, L&D, and Cavalry buffs will get him more kills.

@AW91 @XRay Unless you're running the Quickened Pulse seal on him (and even then I'd only really recommend for a defense team rather than offense), there's no reason to go Moonbow over Luna on Reinhardt since both activate in the same round of combat (due to his Brave tome), but Luna nets significantly more kills than Moonbow.

Sadly, getting a Reinhardt from the Vantage banner is (probably) not in the cards.  Instead, I've decided to seriously invest into my +Spd/-Def one.  The only problem is that I don't have Death Blow 3 available...what do?  Planned skill set besides that is...

Weapon: Dire Thunder
Assist: Reposition
A: ?????
B: Lancebreaker 3
C: Goad Cavalry
Seal: Does it matter?  Apparently the Quickened Pulse/Moonbow combo is good but I don't think it's better than Luna on offense?  Could be wrong.

Just now, Refa said:

Sadly, getting a Reinhardt from the Vantage banner is (probably) not in the cards.  Instead, I've decided to seriously invest into my +Spd/-Def one.  The only problem is that I don't have Death Blow 3 available...what do?  Planned skill set besides that is...

Seal: Does it matter?  Apparently the Quickened Pulse/Moonbow combo is good but I don't think it's better than Luna on offense?  Could be wrong.

Honestly you may as well put DB1 & 2 on him. I also don't have DB3, but the extra +4 still pulls its weight. 

2 hours ago, Refa said:

Death Blow 2 is perfectly serviceable.

If you don't have Death Blow fodder at all, then I suppose Atk +3 is your next best bet.

Also I personally think QP/Moonbow is better for defense while Luna is better for offense since you control him and can get Luna primed pretty easily whereas on defense you just want him to run in and kill something before he gets taken out.

Hi everyone I wanted to ask this since it seems that everyone in the arena wields Atleast one. Is HONE, FORTIFY, ETC preferred more than threaten atk, def, spd etc? 

And if it's not too much trouble I'd like some help forming one amazing team.

here are my heroes that I'd want in the teams-

xander

azura

mae

celica

lucina

m robin 

roy 

leo 

f Corrin 

Camilla 

Cordelia 

f robin 

Edited by jaaason_d14

56 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Death Blow 2 is perfectly serviceable.

If you don't have Death Blow fodder at all, then I suppose Atk +3 is your next best bet.

Also I personally think QP/Moonbow is better for defense while Luna is better for offense since you control him and can get Luna primed pretty easily whereas on defense you just want him to run in and kill something before he gets taken out.

I have a +Spd/-Def Effie that I can sack (kinda hurts that the only Effie I get has one of the worst natures, but what can you do).

I'll primarily be using him for offense anyways, so that shouldn't be a problem.