Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are using Brave Lance, then Lancebreaker. Mages generally have awful Defense, and Henry is not that common in the Arena. Sophia is so slow, you will usually quad attack her.

I don't plan to ever inherit any 5 star weapons for another unit since I think that's way too much of wasted potential so is it still good idea to have lancebreaker?

Also how come you didn't factor Celica, Tharja, & Katarina in your calculation?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I don't plan to ever inherit any 5 star weapons for another unit since I think that's way too much of wasted potential so is it still good idea to have lancebreaker?

Also how come you didn't factor Celica, Tharja, & Katarina in your calculation?

I would still go with Lancebreaker. There are a handful of popular red mages in the Arena, but there are far more lance users, at least that is from what I have seen in my score range.

Many units would not work well without inheriting a Brave Weapon or a 5* exclusive skill from someone else. I prefer investing 20,000 Feathers in a character in order to have a much higher Feather income from the Arena; in Tier 20, I can recoup that investment in a month. If I saved my Feathers, I am not sure if I will be able to even reach Tier 18 or 19, and I will definitely run out of Feathers a lot sooner preventing me from building more things.

As I have already said, most mages have poor Defense. Those three definitely do not have enough bulk to survive Brave Lance. I think Henry and Sophia has the highest Defense out of all of the red mages so they may survive one round of Brave Lance, but you might want to check the calculator just to be sure.

Edited by XRay

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would still go with Lancebreaker. There are a handful of popular red mages in the Arena, but there are far more lance users, at least that is from what I have seen in my score range.

Many units would not work well without inheriting a Brave Weapon or a 5* exclusive skill from someone else. I prefer investing 20,000 Feathers in a character in order to have a much higher Feather income from the Arena; in Tier 20, I can recoup that investment in a month. If I saved my Feathers, I am not sure if I will be able to even reach Tier 18 or 19, and I will definitely run out of Feathers a lot sooner preventing me from building more things.

As I have already said, most mages have poor Defense. Those three definitely do not have enough bulk to survive Brave Lance. I think Henry and Sophia has the highest Defense out of all of the red mages so they may survive one round of Brave Lance, but you might want to check the calculator just to be sure.

Yeah, I'm not very good at math so I wouldn't even know what calculate to begin with.

I still think it cost too much feather just  to get one skill from a 5 star unit. Granted there's he's not going to do much if all he does sit on bench (Alfonse) but I still rather not sacrifice him if not because he might useful in another scenario/situation.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yeah, I'm not very good at math so I wouldn't even know what calculate to begin with.

I still think it cost too much feather just  to get one skill from a 5 star unit. Granted there's he's not going to do much if all he does sit on bench (Alfonse) but I still rather not sacrifice him if not because he might useful in another scenario/situation.

The calculator does the math for you. In case you cannot even select an input in the calculator, neutral Henry, Sophia, and Leo will be able to survive one round of Brave Lance from neutral S!F!Robin. However, they are so slow that Robin can quad attack and kill them.

It costs a lot more by not spending 20,000 Feathers. I would be missing out on a ton of Feathers if I did not invest it. The opportunity cost is huge. The difference is like putting cash in your savings account, which is earning you pennies in interest, and buying a stock. Every Feather that is not earned is a Feather forever lost.

The game does not allow you to sacrifice Alfonse (I tried Anna and Sharena too), and Death Blow can obtained from a 4* Klein.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

The calculator does the math for you. In case you cannot even select an input in the calculator, neutral Henry, Sophia, and Leo will be able to survive one round of Brave Lance from neutral S!F!Robin. However, they are so slow that Robin can quad attack and kill them.

It costs a lot more by not spending 20,000 Feathers. I would be missing out on a ton of Feathers if I did not invest it. The opportunity cost is huge. The difference is like putting cash in your savings account, which is earning you pennies in interest, and buying a stock. Every Feather that is not earned is a Feather forever lost.

The game does not allow you to sacrifice Alfonse (I tried Anna and Sharena too), and Death Blow can obtained from a 4* Klein.

Oh wow that is incredible! :blink:

& Here I thought it was just a website about a fanboy having good taste in women. Silly me :P:

I was mostly joking on the Alfonse part (you know the whole bench lord meme) so I already knew about since the beginning of S.I became a thing

Anyways I guess I'm gonna disagree with you on this one, I just can't risk the opportunity to sacrifice such a unit. Not to mention I'm not very good with banks so the analogy is still lost horribly to me on that part.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Oh wow that is incredible! :blink:

& Here I thought it was just a website about a fanboy having good taste in women. Silly me :P:

I was mostly joking on the Alfonse part (you know the whole bench lord meme) so I already knew about since the beginning of S.I became a thing

Anyways I guess I'm gonna disagree with you on this one, I just can't risk the opportunity to sacrifice such a unit. Not to mention I'm not very good with banks so the analogy is still lost horribly to me on that part.

It basically means that if you are saving 20,000 Feathers, you will only get say 10,000 Feathers in return every month. If you spend 20,000 Feathers, you can earn 20,000 Feathers every month. This is not an accurate example, buy you get the idea.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

It basically means that if you are saving 20,000 Feathers, you will only get say 10,000 Feathers in return every month. If you spend 20,000 Feathers, you can earn 20,000 Feathers every month. This is not an accurate example, buy you get the idea.

Yeah I get it, but I also can't just focus on her when I want other units to promote for that matter.

Now I'm going to focus Nino. She should easy focus on, right?

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yeah I get it, but I also can't just focus on her when I want other units to promote for that matter.

Now I'm going to focus Nino. She should easy focus on, right?

Life and Death is her best A passive, but if you do not want to spend that amount of Feathers, Fury will be okay. She will not be able to do her best, but she will still be good.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Life and Death is her best A passive, but if you do not want to spend that amount of Feathers, Fury will be okay. She will not be able to do her best, but she will still be good.

Ha, i c what you did thar.

Yeah, but I also want to use her in the next tempest trials to come. Good thing I have plenty of spare Barte to use.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Ha, i c what you did thar.

Yeah, but I also want to use her in the next tempest trials to come. Good thing I have plenty of spare Barte to use.

Hinata gives Fury 3 at 4*, so you might want to check if you have him.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Hinata gives Fury 3 at 4*, so you might want to check if you have him.

I'm aware of this, unfortunately I don't have any spare Hinata. I already gave that to Ephraim.

Edited by Zangetsu

35 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Which is better special for Nino?

Dragonic Aura or Moonbow?

If the Boon & Bane system are a factor then Nino's Boon is Res & Bane is Def

Your own Def and Res don't affect Draconic Aura or Moonbow at all.

Draconic Aura is more useful in long maps, like defense maps, and multi-map game modes, like Chain Challenge and Tempest Trials. It's particularly helpful on maps where you are up against a large number of units and you may be forced to attack at weapon triangle disadvantage against opponents with inflated stats.

Moonbow is more useful in short maps, like in the Arena, though I find that Litrblade users typically never need the extra damage there since Moonbow mainly benefits units that have match-ups where you fail to kill the opponent by only 5 or 6 HP.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Your own Def and Res don't affect Draconic Aura or Moonbow at all.

Draconic Aura is more useful in long maps, like defense maps, and multi-map game modes, like Chain Challenge and Tempest Trials. It's particularly helpful on maps where you are up against a large number of units and you may be forced to attack at weapon triangle disadvantage against opponents with inflated stats.

Moonbow is more useful in short maps, like in the Arena, though I find that Litrblade users typically never need the extra damage there since Moonbow mainly benefits units that have match-ups where you fail to kill the opponent by only 5 or 6 HP.

You know what I'll just give her both. Both sounds way too practical to past up & Nino seems to a very versatile unit anyways.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

You know what I'll just give her both. Both sounds way too practical to past up & Nino seems to a very versatile unit anyways.

I do that too. I cannot decide on what Special to give my Reinhardt, so I gave one of them Growing Wind, Moonbow, and his native Blazing Thunder.

Hi guys need help, i got a reinhardt ( normal atak) but i dont have death blow, tried to summon klein but no luck, my rein has at + 3 and WOM2. im thinkin in inherit him fury 3, is a good idea? i konow death 3 is better but is sooooo dificult to reach death 3. Thanks!. Ah i got life and death 3 too .

20 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Hi guys need help, i got a reinhardt ( normal atak) but i dont have death blow, tried to summon klein but no luck, my rein has at + 3 and WOM2. im thinkin in inherit him fury 3, is a good idea? i konow death 3 is better but is sooooo dificult to reach death 3. Thanks!. Ah i got life and death 3 too .

Since Reinhardt just wants more Attack, Death Blow 2 would still be better then Fury 3 and Attack +3. Life and Death might be better then DB2, but it feels like a waste to sacrifice a 5* unit for a suboptimal skill. Do you have acces to DB 2?

Also, Lance Breaker is generally considered better then WoM, just saying.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Since Reinhardt just wants more Attack, Death Blow 2 would still be better then Fury 3 and Attack +3. Life and Death might be better then DB2, but it feels like a waste to sacrifice a 5* unit for a suboptimal skill. Do you have acces to DB 2?

Also, Lance Breaker is generally considered better then WoM, just saying.

i got death 2 but i think at 3 is better because it works for tanks other units like red mages. mmm i got a jjafar but i dont use it. fury 3 with WOM could work for more movement,

1 hour ago, jaaason_d14 said:

Also wanted to ask about this if boey just for boey himself, what would be a good A SLOT skill? My boey is a +SPD/-DEF hero and was wondering if there were any skills that would work for his IVS. 

You can give Boey a Raven build [Gronnraven, Moonbow, Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte]. No matter what his nature, he is not good enough to do anything else in my opinion.

1 hour ago, ignis_z said:

I would wait for Death Blow 3. If you are impatient, then go with Fury. Klein passes down Death Blow 3 at 4*, so you will eventually get him.

Reinhardt has enough movement that Wings of Mercy is redundant. Lancebreaker is much better, as @Bartozio has said.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can give Boey a Raven build [Gronnraven, Moonbow, Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte]. No matter what his nature, he is not good enough to do anything else in my opinion.

I would wait for Death Blow 3. If you are impatient, then go with Fury. Klein passes down Death Blow 3 at 4*, so you will eventually get him.

Reinhardt has enough movement that Wings of Mercy is redundant. Lancebreaker is much better, as @Bartozio has said.

But i cant reach klein becuse i never use my free orbs in greys.. only today and was a failure .... when can i reach death 3 then?

Edited by ignis_z

1 minute ago, ignis_z said:

But i cant reach klein becuse i never use my free orbs in greys.. only today and was a failure .... when i can reach death 3 then?

If you are not willing to take risks, then I cannot really help you with that. I pull every color and I have no problem getting the fodder I want. Getting a 3* healer sucks, but so is getting 3* Fir, Bartre, or Est.

38 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

But i cant reach klein becuse i never use my free orbs in greys.. only today and was a failure .... when can i reach death 3 then?

If you never pull gray and aren't planning to do so, your only option to get DB3 is promoting someone to 5* for it. Both Ursula and Hawkeye are decent candidates for this.

The only other options you have are giving him a different A-skill (DB2 isn't bad, although it does hurt his scoring in the arena a bit, Fury 3 and LaD 3 are both decent) or waiting until you actually get a Klein (which probably means waiting for a good archer or thief to appear).

Reinhardt will always be a good unit, but you have to decide for yourself how worthwile it is to make him even better.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

If you are not willing to take risks, then I cannot really help you with that. I pull every color and I have no problem getting the fodder I want. Getting a 3* healer sucks, but so is getting 3* Fir, Bartre, or Est.

u always uses the 5 circles in summons? i dont have to much orbs i i search for special untis for merge or improve their skills, but a klein is dificult...