Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

3 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Wich Ike is more powerfull? + HP -Def:

Ike 1:

Heavy Blade 3

Quick riposte 3

Threaten Defense 3

Aether

Don't know which one is overall better, but the first set is the one that I use, and it works rather well. I like Ike's unique A skill and it helps proc Aether more often.

Draw Back or Reposition on Brave Lyn? I'll use her on a Horse Emblem team along with any combination of Swap Xander, Repo Camus, Draw Back Rein, Draw Back Cecilia, or a healer. Typically I ran Draw Back on ranged units, but I don't always use it that often, and I was wondering if Reposition might be better for her.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Wich Ike is more powerfull? + HP -Def:

Ike 1:
Heavy Blade 3
Quick riposte 3
Threaten Defense 3
Aether

Ike 2:
Fury 3
Quick riposte 3
Threaten Def 3
Moonbow.

With +Hp - Def i dont have +atack Ike.

You can check the calculator if you know exactly what builds you are giving him.

Ike +HP -Def
Ragnell, Aether
Heavy Blade, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 93:19:56

Ike +HP -Def
Ragnell, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 132:8:28

I would go with the Fury build.

7 hours ago, Tragonight said:

Draw Back or Reposition on Brave Lyn? I'll use her on a Horse Emblem team along with any combination of Swap Xander, Repo Camus, Draw Back Rein, Draw Back Cecilia, or a healer. Typically I ran Draw Back on ranged units, but I don't always use it that often, and I was wondering if Reposition might be better for her.

I personally prefer Reposition since it can be used offensively and defensively. I have not found Draw Back or Swap to be very useful, but that is more due to my play style.

Edited by XRay

8 hours ago, Tragonight said:

I prefer Reposition on cavalry because you can use it to either pull a unit back or boost a unit forward.

Draw Back lends itself better to infantry ranged units for hit-and-run tactics.

In the long run it is better to have a cecilia 5 stars or go up one from 4 to + 10? I have great doubts, the simulator tells me that a Cecilia +5 is like a 5 stars. Then tu pull 50 star + 1 is 40 k feathers, but its easy to have 4 + 10 cecis right? and she will be more powrfull.

5 hours ago, ignis_z said:

In the long run it is better to have a cecilia 5 stars or go up one from 4 to + 10? I have great doubts, the simulator tells me that a Cecilia +5 is like a 5 stars. Then tu pull 50 star + 1 is 40 k feathers, but its easy to have 4 + 10 cecis right? and she will be more powrfull.

Unless you are a whale, I would stick with 4*+10.

38 minutes ago, WeabooWarrior said:

Should I replace Brave Ikes C skill with something else I don't really see much use for it as of right now?

Sure.  Figure out what works best with your team, and run with it.

What skills should I give to a +Def -Spd Brave Lucina?  I doubt any of the traditional sets will work, so I'll probably go with Fury and...other skills.

55 minutes ago, Refa said:

What skills should I give to a +Def -Spd Brave Lucina?  I doubt any of the traditional sets will work, so I'll probably go with Fury and...other skills.

Fury is pretty traditional. That is the go to A skill. You can run Quick Riposte to increase her combat performance during Enemy Phase. You can also run Lancebreaker or Guard to increase her survivability.

Still having (kinda) bad luck with archers, never seen a Klein or Jeorge... Anyway, had a 5* clarrise all this time.

Pulled a +speed/-res Brave Lyn a few days ago and I have a +speed Setsuna... would it be better to toss a brave bow on Lyn? or keep her amazing basic build?
Should I make a quadsuna instead so I have a second (good) archer? Or save my feathers and wait for something else? 

2 hours ago, Chelone said:

Still having (kinda) bad luck with archers, never seen a Klein or Jeorge... Anyway, had a 5* clarrise all this time.

Pulled a +speed/-res Brave Lyn a few days ago and I have a +speed Setsuna... would it be better to toss a brave bow on Lyn? or keep her amazing basic build?
Should I make a quadsuna instead so I have a second (good) archer? Or save my feathers and wait for something else? 

I absolutely despise quadsuna on the basis of her innate MT being bad.  I don't know how much you've worked with Lyn's main kit, but if you haven't, give it a shot.  See where her weaknesses are first, then ask yourself whether or not a Brave Bow would fix them.

4 hours ago, Chelone said:

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

I absolutely despise quadsuna on the basis of her innate MT being bad.  I don't know how much you've worked with Lyn's main kit, but if you haven't, give it a shot.  See where her weaknesses are first, then ask yourself whether or not a Brave Bow would fix them.

What @eclipse said. If you really want to build Quadsuna, do not use Setsuna, use YS!Gaius if you have him. He has same Speed but better attack.

For Setsuna just give her a regular Brave Bow and Fury; Attack +3 also works if you want to go the really cheap route. She should be good enough to take out fliers in Arena Assault, so there is no reason to invest too much into her unless she is your favorite unit or something.

I would keep Lyn's default kit for a higher Arena score. You can resort to a Brave Bow build if it does not work out though.

What skill is overall better for Quick Riposte Heavy Blade Ike, Luna or Dragon Fang? I've been considering DF for its damage output, but I'm not sure if 3 or 4 charge is better for utilizing Heavy Blade to its fullest. This is sword Ike, +Atk -Spd, by the way.

5 hours ago, Tragonight said:

What skill is overall better for Quick Riposte Heavy Blade Ike, Luna or Dragon Fang? I've been considering DF for its damage output, but I'm not sure if 3 or 4 charge is better for utilizing Heavy Blade to its fullest. This is sword Ike, +Atk -Spd, by the way.

What about Dragonic Aura?  Same CD as Luna, but doesn't require 30+ defense to be as effective.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

What about Dragonic Aura?  Same CD as Luna, but doesn't require 30+ defense to be as effective.

Yeah Draconic Aura is good, but I was mainly wondering if having a 3 special CD or a 4 special CD would benefit him (and his QR Heavy Blade set) more. I want to save some DA fodder for other units since I can just lazily slap on Aether/Luna whenever I want to, but I've been looking at DF for the (now-over) gauntlet and other stuff as a potential damage dealer.

7 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Yeah Draconic Aura is good, but I was mainly wondering if having a 3 special CD or a 4 special CD would benefit him (and his QR Heavy Blade set) more. I want to save some DA fodder for other units since I can just lazily slap on Aether/Luna whenever I want to, but I've been looking at DF for the (now-over) gauntlet and other stuff as a potential damage dealer.

Assuming I've done my counting right (someone correct me if I screwed up), here's how it'll go:

Enemy attacks, Heavy Blade activates, CD -2.  Ike counters, Heavy Blade activates, CD -2.  If Ike survives and counters via QR, special activates, since it's CD -4.

However, Quickened Pulse will bring a 3-turn CD down to 2, which means that Ike can use his special on the first counter.

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Assuming I've done my counting right (someone correct me if I screwed up), here's how it'll go:

Enemy attacks, Heavy Blade activates, CD -2.  Ike counters, Heavy Blade activates, CD -2.  If Ike survives and counters via QR, special activates, since it's CD -4.

However, Quickened Pulse will bring a 3-turn CD down to 2, which means that Ike can use his special on the first counter.

I'm 99% sure Heavy Blade only activates when Ike attacks. When enemies attack it's only -1.

And I've been using Ike for a pretty long time now. If I'm wrong, I must be a complete idiot.

3 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I'm 99% sure Heavy Blade only activates when Ike attacks. When enemies attack it's only -1.

And I've been using Ike for a pretty long time now. If I'm wrong, I must be a complete idiot.

Alright, I'll take your word for it.  In which case, 3-turn CD will be superior (since it'll be CD -1 on attack, then CD -2 on Ike counter, which means Ike's QR will activate his special).

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Alright, I'll take your word for it.  In which case, 3-turn CD will be superior (since it'll be CD -1 on attack, then CD -2 on Ike counter, which means Ike's QR will activate his special).

If he is +Atk -Spd a 4 cooldown would be better.

Enemy attack (-1) -> Ike attack (-2) -> Enemy attack (-1) -> Ike activates his special

40 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

So Aether would be best for him if you have the QP seal. Dragon Fang if you don't.

32 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

If he is +Atk -Spd a 4 cooldown would be better.

Enemy attack (-1) -> Ike attack (-2) -> Enemy attack (-1) -> Ike activates his special

So Aether would be best for him if you have the QP seal. Dragon Fang if you don't.

. . .I really suck at math today.  My apologies.

On 9/2/2017 at 6:22 AM, Tragonight said:

I like to give similar types of heroes similar movement assists; i.e. all my mages get draw back. Fliers get reposition. Armors get pivot.

I've made a few exceptions, but a systematic approach really helps.