Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Definitely impressive, but also definitely... definitely expensive. I don't even have a Brave Ike for myself, and the only unit I have with Guard is a 5-star Titania, and she's nice to have for Horse Emblem. Also I'm pretty sure that Seliph is +Spd/-Atk, which seems kinda poor? Not sure how helpful that 28 Spd (30 once he hits A rank though!) would be for doubling much of anything. I'd hate to see how bad the boon/bane was on the Seliph they merged into this one. I do think I'll throw the Panic Ploy 1 seal on mine at least, I believe he has the most HP out of all my units that aren't armors.

Perhaps a Brave built then? (Brave+, Reposition, Bonfire, Death Blow, Swordbreaker, Panic Ploy, HP+3 Seal). 

Not very creative, but he would get 130 wins / 18 losses (103/31 against +10 opponents, with Escutcheon 101/20). 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Perhaps a Brave built then? (Brave+, Reposition, Bonfire, Death Blow, Swordbreaker, Panic Ploy, HP+3 Seal). 

Not very creative, but he would get 130 wins / 18 losses (103/31 against +10 opponents, with Escutcheon 101/20). 

I may try that one out. I think I have all the fodder I'd need for that actually, although some would need to be promoted. So many units that want Swordbreaker, and all I have are three 3-star Sullys... Ah well. I'll hold off on dedicating too much to him until I maybe get more fodder, but I'll save this for when I do work on him. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I may try that one out. I think I have all the fodder I'd need for that actually, although some would need to be promoted. So many units that want Swordbreaker, and all I have are three 3-star Sullys... Ah well. I'll hold off on dedicating too much to him until I maybe get more fodder, but I'll save this for when I do work on him. Thanks!

No problem, glad to help. 

Also Abel gives swordbreaker (third level at 4*). 

Well, I've recently come into a small collection of Batres, thanks to trying (and failing) to get Hector during the mini tempest trial, and a few times trying for Inigo in the current PA banner. I'm thinking of just inheriting fury 2 onto some people, though what kinds of units like it compared to other slot a skills (like L&D, which I have no fodder for)? 

1 hour ago, Prince Endriu said:

Currently leveling up Lilina. She is +res-hp. Thinking about sacrificing 2x niles and giving her iceberg and warding blow.

Alternatively I was thinking about a deathblow 2 and threaten atk combo. 

Any suggestions from some Lilina enthusiasts?

I gave mine a Triangle Adept to kill any Cecilias trying to seduce her Roy. You can also give her Axebreaker so she can silence her father if he does not accept Roy.

I have a +Atk -Def Kagero that I'm considering promoting. Currently I have Life and Death and Vantage on her.

I have a spare Soren around and I heard that Watersweep Kagero might work. Should I try Watersweep 2 on my Kagero or stick with Vantage? I know most people would probably recommend Fury over Life and Death, but I'm sticking with Life and Death for now.

7 hours ago, Tragonight said:

I have a +Atk -Def Kagero that I'm considering promoting. Currently I have Life and Death and Vantage on her.

I have a spare Soren around and I heard that Watersweep Kagero might work. Should I try Watersweep 2 on my Kagero or stick with Vantage? I know most people would probably recommend Fury over Life and Death, but I'm sticking with Life and Death for now.

If you can afford Life and Death, there is no reason to go with Fury. Sweeps are very bad on a nuke since it prevents them from doubling, and Kagero needs to double to deal with certain infantry units.

Vantage works on Enemy Phase, while Kagero is a Player Phase unit, so I do not recommend Vantage on her. I prefer Swordbreaker so she can double fast sword units.

Hello!! So I have a nephanee that I don’t really like (no offence) I’m not really a fan of her, so I wanted to give away her unique WRATH skill. Who should take it? Any suggestions? Also I have a 5 star Hawkeye which I don’t really like as well and I want to let him get inherited, his skills are death blow and threaten atk although idk who should have his skills 

Edited by jaaason_d14

Pulled a Festival Olivia! But shes -atk/+res. Planning to use her distand def and the DD3 seal to make her a mage bait. Would this be worth it? Is there anything else I can do to fix her? Also gave her Glacies.

She's one of my fav. units so might toss summoner support on her, But I usually dont feel like its worth it with her atk bane. (have +spd Blyn on SS now).

On my journey of getting AzuraI got a second Raven and a Camilla. I am not that much a fan of either, certainly gonna keep Camilla for collection, but I am not sure I want to merge raven as I have no plans with him.

Who could I give his brave axe to? Would Anna or Minerva make any sense?  My anna has 41 spd and Minervahas 38? Anyone running a brave axe?

13 hours ago, jaaason_d14 said:

Hello!! So I have a nephanee that I don’t really like (no offence) I’m not really a fan of her, so I wanted to give away her unique WRATH skill. Who should take it? Any suggestions? Also I have a 5 star Hawkeye which I don’t really like as well and I want to let him get inherited, his skills are death blow and threaten atk although idk who should have his skills 

In my opinion, it is usually best to have at least one copy of each unit so you will have an easier time tackling Arena Assault or Tempest Trials. Having more units is generally more important than skill inheritance.

Breakers are generally better than Wrath in my opinion. I would use Wrath when you run out of Breakers.

For Hawkeye, Death Blow is great for slow Brave users. Threaten Atk can be given to support units or tanks.

3 hours ago, Chelone said:

Pulled a Festival Olivia! But shes -atk/+res. Planning to use her distand def and the DD3 seal to make her a mage bait. Would this be worth it? Is there anything else I can do to fix her? Also gave her Glacies.

She's one of my fav. units so might toss summoner support on her, But I usually dont feel like its worth it with her atk bane. (have +spd Blyn on SS now).

Olivia is fine. She is great as a dedicated support unit with -Atk. If you want to give her a stronger bite, you can give her Poison Dagger so she can counter infantry mages. I personally prefer Iceberg or even Moonbow for quicker activation.

I think Summoner Support should be given to your core combat Arena units since they are the ones who will need the stat boosts the most.

1 hour ago, Prince Endriu said:

On my journey of getting AzuraI got a second Raven and a Camilla. I am not that much a fan of either, certainly gonna keep Camilla for collection, but I am not sure I want to merge raven as I have no plans with him.

Who could I give his brave axe to? Would Anna or Minerva make any sense?  My anna has 41 spd and Minervahas 38? Anyone running a brave axe?

Between Anna and Minerva, I would give Brave Axe to Anna. Minerva would be great with Brave Axe too, but she already has Hauteclere.

Cherche, Frederick, and Legion are also great candidates since their default weapons are not that great either. Cherche is basically flying green Effie. Brave Axe Frederick is great on a pony team. Legion is pretty interchangeable with Raven.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

In my opinion, it is usually best to have at least one copy of each unit so you will have an easier time tackling Arena Assault or Tempest Trials. Having more units is generally more important than skill inheritance.

Breakers are generally better than Wrath in my opinion. I would use Wrath when you run out of Breakers.

For Hawkeye, Death Blow is great for slow Brave users. Threaten Atk can be given to support units or tanks.

Olivia is fine. She is great as a dedicated support unit with -Atk. If you want to give her a stronger bite, you can give her Poison Dagger so she can counter infantry mages. I personally prefer Iceberg or even Moonbow for quicker activation.

I think Summoner Support should be given to your core combat Arena units since they are the ones who will need the stat boosts the most.

Between Anna and Minerva, I would give Brave Axe to Anna. Minerva would be great with Brave Axe too, but she already has Hauteclere.

Cherche, Frederick, and Legion are also great candidates since their default weapons are not that great either. Cherche is basically flying green Effie. Brave Axe Frederick is great on a pony team. Legion is pretty interchangeable with Raven.

Thanks! I might have to think about cherche. Just sacrificed her for pivot but she should come back one day!

I learned recently that the random off-focus Hinoka I pulled back in February is +Atk/-Res, which I think is one of her best if not her absolute best boon/bane. What should I give her for skills? I assume Death Blow 3 would be best for her A slot, but what about her Special and B slot? Or perhaps Life and Death 3 would be better for her A slot?

45 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I learned recently that the random off-focus Hinoka I pulled back in February is +Atk/-Res, which I think is one of her best if not her absolute best boon/bane. What should I give her for skills? I assume Death Blow 3 would be best for her A slot, but what about her Special and B slot? Or perhaps Life and Death 3 would be better for her A slot?

+ATK is great for her. I think she goes best with Death Blow, since LnD would bring her to 32 SPD which won't let her double much. Mine has Luna and Lancebreaker. Luna to pierce high DEF units (Moonbow wouldn't be activated earlier) and Lancebreaker to kill most blues. For modes like TT and CC she likes Wings of Mercy in her B-Slot, especially to stay near her flying Bladetome-buddies Camilla and Corrin. 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

+ATK is great for her. I think she goes best with Death Blow, since LnD will bring her to 32 SPD which won't let her double much. Mine has Luna and Lancebreaker. Luna to pierce high DEF units (Moonbow wouldn't be activated earlier) and Lancebreaker to kill most blues. For modes like TT and CC she likes Wings of Mercy in her B-Slot, especially to stay near her flying Bladetome-buddies Camilla and Corrin. 

Yeah, I didn't think her speed was all that great, but I wanted to make sure. I could give her all of that right now actually, though it would take killing another Narcian and my only Klein... I'll have to think on it. I still have more Narcians to spare/keep, and I don't care too much about Klein, especially now that my Brave Bow+ Clarisse is almost complete. Maybe I'll wait until I pull a few more times for PA Olivia in case I get another Klein. Thanks!

I didn't realize how rare and sought after Hinoka seemed to be until I joined Serenes Forest. Never could get either of the mage fliers after spending all my orbs, but at least I got a great Hinoka by random chance!

31 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

[...]

I didn't realize how rare and sought after Hinoka seemed to be until I joined Serenes Forest. Never could get either of the mage fliers after spending all my orbs, but at least I got a great Hinoka by random chance!

Same here, she was my second or third 5*. Her C-passive seemed not all that great to me, since I didn't have other good fliers then. Good luck getting the next flying mage, I'm hoping for a red one! 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Same here, she was my second or third 5*. Her C-passive seemed not all that great to me, since I didn't have other good fliers then. Good luck getting the next flying mage, I'm hoping for a red one! 

Heh, I remember those days. "Why would I ever use more than one flier or cavalier unit on the same team? Isn't unit variety more important?" I was so young, so clueless. I thought giving Minerva Iote's Shield was a great idea too back then, which it maybe could've been, if she didn't come with Life and Death and if mine wasn't -Def anyway.

Although I don't really like her that much, I'm still hoping for Aversa to be added as a GHB so I can get a guaranteed flying mage. Unless she pulls a Narcian and gets an axe or something, but let's both hope that doesn't happen!

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Heh, I remember those days. "Why would I ever use more than one flier or cavalier unit on the same team? Isn't unit variety more important?" I was so young, so clueless. I thought giving Minerva Iote's Shield was a great idea too back then, which it maybe could've been, if she didn't come with Life and Death and if mine wasn't -Def anyway.

Although I don't really like her that much, I'm still hoping for Aversa to be added as a GHB so I can get a guaranteed flying mage. Unless she pulls a Narcian and gets an axe or something, but let's both hope that doesn't happen!

Minvera is the last flier I'm missing, but the new banner wouldn't give me one. At least she is not seasonal. 

I recently pulled a +res/-atk Sonya. I most definitely now that is a bad nature for her, but I still want to find a way to make her be useful. I have some ideas, but what do you guys think I should do with her?

Edited by Poimagic

What would be good for a +Def/-Atk Summer Tiki? I think Close Defense at least is good to keep, since it helps make her even more tanky without more attack loss, but I'm not sure about the rest.

On 10.10.2017 at 10:20 PM, Prince Endriu said:

Thanks! I might have to think about cherche. Just sacrificed her for pivot but she should come back one day!

This whole brave axe thing has got me thinking and put it me in a state where I dont know what to do next.

First of all, giving brave axe to cherche is really the best option - but I dont have her anymore - sacrificed for pivot - one of my bigger mistakes, it may take time until I get her, and the question is really, will she be +atk.

On the other hand, since this is my second Raven, if I merge them he will be +1, thats not much of an upgrade, but I happen to have pulled 5 other ravens, one of them is even +spd-hp, which seems to be the best nature for him - with fury and spd+3 seal he should have 39spd which might enable him to quad some units. And what am I supposed to do with 5 Ravens anyway.

Sounds good on paper - however, Raven is generally considered worse than Cherche in most tier lists, so I am not sure if this is a character worth investing - he might even not be future proof.

What would you do?

35 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

This whole brave axe thing has got me thinking and put it me in a state where I dont know what to do next.

First of all, giving brave axe to cherche is really the best option - but I dont have her anymore - sacrificed for pivot - one of my bigger mistakes, it may take time until I get her, and the question is really, will she be +atk.

On the other hand, since this is my second Raven, if I merge them he will be +1, thats not much of an upgrade, but I happen to have pulled 5 other ravens, one of them is even +spd-hp, which seems to be the best nature for him - with fury and spd+3 seal he should have 39spd which might enable him to quad some units. And what am I supposed to do with 5 Ravens anyway.

Sounds good on paper - however, Raven is generally considered worse than Cherche in most tier lists, so I am not sure if this is a character worth investing - he might even not be future proof.

What would you do?

I think Raven is usable, so there is no problem in merging him. Just save some brave fodder for Cherche (and Frederick for that matter). Barst is the best fodder for Cherche and Frederick, since they also want reposition.

34 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I think Raven is usable, so there is no problem in merging him. Just save some brave fodder for Cherche (and Frederick for that matter). Barst is the best fodder for Cherche and Frederick, since they also want reposition.

Thanks for the inspiration with Frederick. Matter of fact I do have a Frederick - and he is +atk-res, which seems to be a preferred nature. 

Guess I will postpone my decision to merge raven a little bit and check this Frederick guy out.

16 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I recently pulled a +res/-atk Sonya. I most definitely now that is a bad nature for her, but I still want to find a way to make her be useful. I have some ideas, but what do you guys think I should do with her?

She can use a Triangle Adept build to counter blue mages, especially Reinhardt.

14 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

What would be good for a +Def/-Atk Summer Tiki? I think Close Defense at least is good to keep, since it helps make her even more tanky without more attack loss, but I'm not sure about the rest.

I personally prefer Fury. Close Defense is not bad, but I prefer Fury so she can take on higher merged enemies. With Moonbow and Quick Riposte, she should be able to take on most lance units.