Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

2 hours ago, davidbennett1819 said:

If I inherit a 5* only weapon onto a 4*, in this case Wo Dao+ onto my Palla,  can the 4* unit then improve/evolve the weapon with weapon refinery?

Many thanks (-:

Yes. Units of any rarity can learn anything.

Rarity does not do anything for a unit except unlocking a unit's default skills.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently pulled A 5* Dorcas with garbage IVs. I already have one with good (but not optimal) IVs I use him when I need a bulky green or infanty pulse, but he is not part of my usual team. Should I save the bad dorcas in case I need him latter, use him for inheretence, or merge him? For reference, my 5* units are:

image.png.20bd0ca7e3cc502fb4657a7bc9a7f078.png

None of them have any of dorcas's passive skills (several of them have draconic aura, although I of course have other 4* units I can use as draconic aura fodder)

Edited by sirmola

9 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@sirmola definitely save him for inheritance- he has the rare Infantry Pulse and 5 star only Quick Riposte 3. Fierce Stance is alright, too I guess but i value the other two skills more.

Okay. Given that Quick Riposte is so good, I admit i was kind of expecting that response. Should I equip any of those skills on any of my existing characters?

3 hours ago, sirmola said:

Okay. Given that Quick Riposte is so good, I admit i was kind of expecting that response. Should I equip any of those skills on any of my existing characters?

Infantry Pulse is more valuable than Quick Riposte in my opinion. Quick Riposte 2 from Subaki is sufficient for practically all modes besides regular Arena and Arena Assault Team 1, and even for those modes, you do not need Quick Riposte 3 until you need the points to jump or maintain a tier.

I would give Infantry Pulse to an infantry unit that sees regular use on a weekly basis. So for example, if you have Chrom and Lukas (assuming both have empty C slots), but you use Lukas consistently every week for Arena Assault but not Chrom, I would prioritize Lukas over Chrom even though Chrom has a higher HP.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, sirmola said:

Seconding what @XRay said, since the only Infantry Pulse unit is Summer Xander.

Ideally someone with high HP would want the skill. Nowi could be a good user.

Also as for Quick Riposte, lucky for you the mini-TT has released the Quick Riposte skill, so your choice in Dorcas's skill sacrifice has become a whole lot easier!

I recently acquired Wrath fodder and I'm wondering how to use it best. I already gave a Neph to Lyn. What other units would like it? Is it worth it to use together with Wo Dao?

---

With the Quick Riposte Seal, it is now possible for Hector to use Wary Fighter and still get his followup attack. Would it be better to give him Sol or Ignis for this build?

10 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I recently acquired Wrath fodder and I'm wondering how to use it best. I already gave a Neph to Lyn. What other units would like it? Is it worth it to use together with Wo Dao?

---

With the Quick Riposte Seal, it is now possible for Hector to use Wary Fighter and still get his followup attack. Would it be better to give him Sol or Ignis for this build?

Elise really would appreciate that Atk/Spd 2. Slow Brave units with Moonbow (or Luna/Bonfire if they have Heavy Blade Sacred Seal), as they generally do not need their B slot; once they get below 75% HP, they can activate a Special in their first volley every turn on the second hit. Faster units running Slaying Weapons-Moonbow under 75% HP will have their Special charged at the start of every round. Wo Dao is okay, but the unit would not be able to activate a Special before the enemy counter attacks, unless Desperation is released as a Sacred Seal or something.

I would go with Noontime or Moonbow so Hector can activate a Special during his first round of combat. Sol, Bonfire, Ignis, etc. takes a bit too long to charge in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Great! My spare Minerva is save then. Perhaps I'll merge even my 5* Hana into a 4*+10. 

I, for one, am glad to be in the camp that has never spent 20k feathers on a passive skill. I'm not a big fan of L&D either.

9 minutes ago, Johann said:

I, for one, am glad to be in the camp that has never spent 20k feathers on a passive skill. I'm not a big fan of L&D either.

Did it only once to give my BH!Roy LnD3, though he made good use of it so far. 

5 hours ago, Johann said:

Sothe's in the 4* pool now with Life & Death 3 available at 4 stars, so uh, that's nice

wait what?! I need to build a new Teammate for my Gunnthra!? I can actually debuff the enemys and buff gunnthra before she attacks! but Sothe is shit at takeing physical hits compared to my +10 Saizo :/, but he does alot more dmg ._. I dont know what to do!!!

Saizo also gives the higher dmg potential with smoke dagger giving Gunnthra +24 attack (30 if you count -6 RES twice)

while Sothe only provides 16 attack (20 with -4 res technically) and with the buffs 24... but he also deals more damage compared to saizo

Edited by Hilda

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

wait what?! I need to build a new Teammate for my Gunnthra!? I can actually debuff the enemys and buff gunnthra before she attacks! but Sothe is shit at takeing physical hits compared to my +10 Saizo :/, but he does alot more dmg ._. I dont know what to do!!!

Saizo also gives the higher dmg potential with smoke dagger giving Gunnthra +24 attack (30 if you count -6 RES twice)

while Sothe only provides 16 attack (20 with -4 res technically) and with the buffs 24... but he also deals more damage compared to saizo

In the Felicia builds thread, we've had a lot of discussion about Rogue Dagger vs Smoke Dagger. While Peshkatz has the effects of both, some of us feel that the buffing aspect is a bit hit or miss due to wearing at the beginning of player phase. To me, Saizo sounds like the more useful partner, partly because I'm fond of units who aren't total paper bags, and also because I think Gunnthra's tome benefits more from the debuffs, and you can just use Hone or Rally skills anyway.

I don't have Gunnthra yet but I'm planning of simply using most of her default skills and pairing her with someone who has Panic Ploy.

Hello everyone!! So it seems that dragons are real good nowadays ever since the weapon refinery and stuff, i was wondering what skills my Female corrin should have, shes +atk/-hp btw and +1 merged hoping to make a +10 version one day 

and is there a page where I can go to asking about team building? I need help forming a total 10 teams lmao and it’s not easy either, I SUCK. One main team tho. And the rest is for arena assault and squad assault thx!! 

Edited by jaaason_d14

18 hours ago, jaaason_d14 said:

Hello everyone!! So it seems that dragons are real good nowadays ever since the weapon refinery and stuff, i was wondering what skills my Female corrin should have, shes +atk/-hp btw and +1 merged hoping to make a +10 version one day 

and is there a page where I can go to asking about team building? I need help forming a total 10 teams lmao and it’s not easy either, I SUCK. One main team tho. And the rest is for arena assault and squad assault thx!! 

You do not need to fill up all ten team slots. I have five permanent teams (Arena, Arena Defense, Arena Assault Team 1, Arena Assault Team 1 Daily Quests, Training Tower), one or two temporary teams (Tempest Trials, Voting Gauntlet), and l leave the rest blank for doing quests.

Here are some team building pointers right off the top of my head:

With the sole exception of Arena defense teams, this is the only tip that is the closest thing to a hard rule that all other teams should follow. All teams need color balance. This can be achieved by having three members be one of each primary color OR have two different primary colors and one colorless.

If you are running a Firesweep archer, then you do not have to worry about color balance too much since the Firesweep archer can handle enemy colors that the rest of the team cannot handle. Firesweep Bow basically means you can run Reinhardt and Azura together or go wild with a triple colorless team.

When you are planning out a team, you generally want to plan as if you are only using 3 units, not 4. Many modes allow you to run a Bonus unit, so if you plan out a team that requires 4 units to be viable, that team may have some trouble if you replace one of them with a Bonus unit. You can plan a whole new 4 member team each time you need a new team, but planning out a well rounded 3 member team saves you time and potentially resources.

This is also why I did not mention what the fourth member's color should be in the above pointer.

I am very biased against melee units, so you may want to take this with a grain of salt. You want to use as many Player Phase ranged units as possible, followed by Distant Counter units and Enemy Phase ranged units. I generally avoid regular melee units since the former three types of units are so much easier to use.

Player Phase units are better than Enemy Phase units because they have a stat advantage, first turn advantage (i.e. they strike first), and turn manipulation (Firesweep, Desperation). You want to use ranged units because they can can attack over obstacles and can utilize the terrain much better than melee units can.

Distant Counter and Enemy Phase ranged units are used when you need them for synergy (e.g.: Gunnthrá has much better offensive stats than SF!Camilla, but SF!Camilla can run Gronnraven really well to counter BH!Lyn and Hone Fliers to buff NS!Corrin and TOD!Nowi). Another reason to use them is if you are running a Triangle Adept loli team with Y!Tiki, Nowi, and Fae/Myrrh where they all run Lightning Breath or Distant Counter. And finally, the last reason is that the player just simply might not be able to afford another Player Phase ranged unit.

It is okay to use tanks, but do try to avoid using pure tanks/walls. If a combat unit is not killing something every time it gets into combat, that unit would be detrimental to your team since that unit is charging the enemies' Specials and activating their Vantage and Desperation.

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

You do not need to fill up all ten team slots. I have five permanent teams (Arena, Arena Defense, Arena Assault Team 1, Arena Assault Team 1 Daily Quests, Training Tower), one or two temporary teams (Tempest Trials, Voting Gauntlet), and l leave the rest blank for doing quests.

Here are some team building pointers right off the top of my head:

With the sole exception of Arena defense teams, this is the only tip that is the closest thing to a hard rule that all other teams should follow. All teams need color balance. This can be achieved by having three members be one of each primary color OR have two different primary colors and one colorless.

If you are running a Firesweep archer, then you do not have to worry about color balance too much since the Firesweep archer can handle enemy colors that the rest of the team cannot handle. Firesweep Bow basically means you can run Reinhardt and Azura together or go wild with a triple colorless team.

When you are planning out a team, you generally want to plan as if you are only using 3 units, not 4. Many modes allow you to run a Bonus unit, so if you plan out a team that requires 4 units to be viable, that team may have some trouble if you replace one of them with a Bonus unit. You can plan a whole new 4 member team each time you need a new team, but planning out a well rounded 3 member team saves you time and potentially resources.

This is also why I did not mention what the fourth member's color should be in the above pointer.

I am very biased against melee units, so you may want to take this with a grain of salt. You want to use as many Player Phase ranged units as possible, followed by Distant Counter units and Enemy Phase ranged units. I generally avoid regular melee units since the former three types of units are so much easier to use.

Player Phase units are better than Enemy Phase units because they have a stat advantage, first turn advantage (i.e. they strike first), and turn manipulation (Firesweep, Desperation). You want to use ranged units because they can can attack over obstacles and can utilize the terrain much better than melee units can.

Distant Counter and Enemy Phase ranged units are used when you need them for synergy (e.g.: Gunnthrá has much better offensive stats than SF!Camilla, but SF!Camilla can run Gronnraven really well to counter BH!Lyn and Hone Fliers to buff NS!Corrin and TOD!Nowi). Another reason to use them is if you are running a Triangle Adept loli team with Y!Tiki, Nowi, and Fae/Myrrh where they all run Lightning Breath or Distant Counter. And finally, the last reason is that the player just simply might not be able to afford another Player Phase ranged unit.

It is okay to use tanks, but do try to avoid using pure tanks/walls. If a combat unit is not killing something every time it gets into combat, that unit would be detrimental to your team since that unit is charging the enemies' Specials and activating their Vantage and Desperation.

Thx for advice, I’ll remember your key pointers!! 

So I got a +atk/-spd Siegbert. Is there anyway to make him work? Spd+3 Seal plus innate swift sparrow could fix the spd which seems like it could work. Another option is to turn him into an enemy phase unit, and make use of his suprisingly good def.

Edited by Poimagic

30 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

So I got a +atk/-spd Siegbert. Is there anyway to make him work? Spd+3 Seal plus innate swift sparrow could fix the spd which seems like it could work. Another option is to turn him into an enemy phase unit, and make use of his suprisingly good def.

It depends on which mode you plan to use him in.

If you are using him for only Arena Assault, I would not invest anything in Siegbert except maybe Axebreaker and the cheapest positioning Assist.

If you are using him for Arena, then Speed +3 is good if you want to use him normally as a Player Phase unit. An Enemy Phase build with [Fury/Close Def, Quick RIposte/Guard, Close Def/Quick Riposte Sacred Seal] seems okay too.

5 hours ago, Poimagic said:

An enemy phase build would be a waste of that amazing sword.

Buffed by Hone Cav he can still reach 42 SPD on player phase, add a SPD boosting A-Skill and you will already double a lot (not in arena, but in TTs for example). Swift Sparrow would be perfect (46 SPD on PP), Fury (45) and Darting Blow (48) are budged options. LnD3 (47) works too since his DEF is high enough to tank an hit regardless. 

You can choose if to further boost his SPD with a seal or to go the Heavy Blade seal route. With HB he could proc Draconic Aura (or Galeforce, Bonfire or Luna) with the first round of combat. 

14 hours ago, Carter said:

Which skill would be better for Marisa: Swift Sparrow or Life and Death? I have extra units with those skills, now I'm just trying to decide which one Marisa should get.

Life and Death is better with Desperation and if you can consistently get her out of enemy range. If Marisa can consistently get buffs, then you may want to opt for Swift Sparrow instead to preserve her bulk just in case you accidentally left her in enemy range or something.

20 hours ago, Chelone said:

-atk +speed Legendary Ike. Can I fix him somehow? would he still be ok? Was thinking of something with quick reposte, or fury to fix his low atk. He would lose his breath though.

You can just use an Attack +3 Sacred Seal. Make sure he keeps Warding Breath though, as Special activation greatly increases his damage output. And Quick Riposte is also good to make sure he activates it.

Edited by XRay