Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

4 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Got it. I’ll swap to steady or warding Breath once I get extra fodder for that. I might go Fierce stance or maybe even fierce breath if that gets released

Keep in mind Breath skills don't stack with the Special cooldown acceleration from Vengeful Fighter. If you decide to invest in a Breath skill on Grima, you're probably better off building Steady/Warding Breath + Bold Fighter + Quick Riposte. Otherwise, Fury is optimal alongside Vengeful Fighter.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For +spd Cordelia, and trying to do a Galeforce Firesweep lance+ build, is it better to go LnD3 with Heavy blade 3 seal which means you can't get turn 2 galeforce but you will do much more damage and also more reliably proc Heavy blade.  Or is it better to go Heavy blade 3 in A skill slot, and then Quickened pulse seal?   

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

For +spd Cordelia, and trying to do a Galeforce Firesweep lance+ build, is it better to go LnD3 with Heavy blade 3 seal which means you can't get turn 2 galeforce but you will do much more damage and also more reliably proc Heavy blade.  Or is it better to go Heavy blade 3 in A skill slot, and then Quickened pulse seal?   

Life and Death on the A slot and Heavy Blade as the Sacred Seal would be better. Galeforce-Heavy Blade is there more for points rather than for actual activation in my opinion. If you want a skill set geared more towards combat, I would go for Moonbow/Luna-Speed +3

Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade are pretty terrible A skills since they only activate if your Atk or Spd is higher than the enemies', which is pretty terrible when compared to Steady Breath and Warding Breath where it always activates during Enemy Phase.

Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade also do not give you any stat boosts, making activating them even less likely.

On 3/16/2018 at 8:12 PM, XRay said:

Life and Death on the A slot and Heavy Blade as the Sacred Seal would be better. Galeforce-Heavy Blade is there more for points rather than for actual activation in my opinion. If you want a skill set geared more towards combat, I would go for Moonbow/Luna-Speed +3

Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade are pretty terrible A skills since they only activate if your Atk or Spd is higher than the enemies', which is pretty terrible when compared to Steady Breath and Warding Breath where it always activates during Enemy Phase.

Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade also do not give you any stat boosts, making activating them even less likely.

Thanks for the response!  With flier buffs she will sit at 56atk/43 speed if +spd and not -atk, so it should be able to fairly reliably proc however this does restrict her to a flier team or at least until speed tactic is released.  

I have Tana built as my serious flying lance unit.  Cordelia I want to focus on Galeforce.  With LnD3 and HB3 seal you can get Galeforce on the 2nd combat, but not the first.  However you can get more kills cause you get the ridiculous 61atk/48 speed with flier buffs.  

Hello!  On my first two summoning circles for the Branded King Banner I pulled 2 Female Morgan’s.  I’ve been using one of them, but I’m not sure if I want to merge the other or sacrifice her.

What units would use Blarserpent+ well?  I really like the tome but I’m not sure who would be able to use it well.

1 hour ago, CWGameplay said:

Hello!  On my first two summoning circles for the Branded King Banner I pulled 2 Female Morgan’s.  I’ve been using one of them, but I’m not sure if I want to merge the other or sacrifice her.

What units would use Blarserpent+ well?  I really like the tome but I’m not sure who would be able to use it well.

Mage tanks would appreciate that. In my opinion, Oliver is the best for that role with 34 Res if you do not plan on merging units a lot. He can also run a Raven set to shut down both LA!Roy and BH!Lyn, since he is the third best Raven mage after M!Robin and LA!Lyn (I am not counting Reinhardt since Dire Thunder is too good to be replaced; Odin can also run it, but Attack +3 Sacred Seal and 4*+10 merges or better are mandatory with his crap Attack).

Other high Res blue mages want to keep their tome. Micaiah should keep Thani. Lute should keep Weirding Tome. LA!Lyn should keep Blue Gift for tanking buffed mages, run Blárraven to cover against archers, or run Blárblade to nuke things with. L'Arachel should keep Ivaldi. Delthea should keep Dark Aura.

Olwen, Ursula, BB!Caeda, and Mae all got 30 Res or 33 Res with +Res (besides Ursula). Olwen should keep Dire Thunder. BB!Caeda and Mae could work as mage tanks if they are +Res, but they are still a bit short compared to Oliver, so unless you plan to merge them, I would stick with Oliver.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Would a defensive Beruka be a good match for S!Alfonse’s spoon weapon? If not, what other units could probably use it well...?

i dont see why not but the question is how much the Beruka will gain from running Alfonses weapon with bonfire vs a Slaying Axe with Ignis

a +def Berkua would prolly gain more form Ignis (32 dmg) vs a bonfire with Alfonses weapon (20 +10 = 30 dmg) not to mention i think Alfonses weapon has 1 less might (13 instead of 14). The discrepancy between them only goes higher up the more Def Beruka has (as in more in favour of Slaying Axe).

I think the best candidates for this Axe (Spoon) are fast Axe wielders with not so high def or res (as in not more then 36), Legion, Anna, Titania etc.
Ravens new personal weapon is allready miles better then this one.

3 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Should I train a +Def -Spd original Ike, or throw Aether onto someone?

Also, I have an extra S!Alfonse. Go all-in on merges, or give Anna his spoon?

Should be fine, just make sure he stays away from blue units and red nukes (e.g.: Celica and FH!Celica).

Ike +Def -Spd
Ragnell, Ignis
Steady Breath, Quick Riposte
Close Counter
Enemies +Spd, Fury overwrite
Enemy Phase 170:42:20
Enemy Phase [+Def, -HP] 174:38:20

For additional comparison:

Ike +Spd -HP
Ragnell, Ignis
Fury, Quick Riposte
Speed +3
Enemies +Spd, Fury overwrite
Enemy Phase 170:18:44

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

Then I’d just hold on to the weapon since the alternatives aren’t really appealing to me. LnD6 Basilikos Raven is too much of a glass canon for my taste. 

Fury on his A slot helps mitigate that as well as making it safer for him to reach Desperation range.

On 3/22/2018 at 10:35 PM, Lord-Zero said:

Would a defensive Beruka be a good match for S!Alfonse’s spoon weapon? If not, what other units could probably use it well...?

DEF smoke is also a good skill to consider for SI. 

So i'm trying to clean out my barracks. Want to use up the following 'fodder' (5 stars I dont want to merge and would rather someone else appreciated their rare skills. Maxed HM and stuff)

Arden (Drive Def 2? Brave Sword+)
Grey (Zanbato or Wind Boost. Already have the valour foddered to Oliva)
Bride Charlotte (First Bite or Wind Boost)
Bride Caeda (I think all you have to offer is the bouquet)
Summer Gaius (Fury Bow, ploys)
New Years Takumi (Atk/Res Bond)
Zelgius x2 (Fierce Stance for all)
Oscar (uh...swordbreaker?)
Catria (Slaying Lance, maybe?)
Lute (Ploys)
Summer Elise (I already have the valour on Inigo, so just your tome.)
Exalt Chrom x2 (Who wants chill defence?)
Rebecca (uhh)
Nekomata Sakura x2 (Probably save the kitty paddles for a potential new dagger, right? Sothe sota makes the others look shit already)

So any exciting builds or stuff to do with any of them is great! I have a huge roster of characters, at 209/233 so should be able to use up the units. Ones i'd really like some guidance on is getting rid of the Chroms, Takumi's Atk/Res bond, the Fierce Stances and if anyone wants the novelty weapons. Barracks is at 433/440 and i'd rather start using some fodder then hording it all. If you've got a build that wants 4* fodder to suggest, I more than likely have some. Just running dry on creative builds right now..

Edited by Noir

On 3/29/2018 at 2:06 PM, Noir said:

So i'm trying to clean out my barracks. Want to use up the following 'fodder' (5 stars I dont want to merge and would rather someone else appreciated their rare skills. Maxed HM and stuff)

Arden (Drive Def 2? Brave Sword+)
Grey (Zanbato or Wind Boost. Already have the valour foddered to Oliva)
Bride Charlotte (First Bite or Wind Boost)
Bride Caeda (I think all you have to offer is the bouquet)
Summer Gaius (Fury Bow, ploys)
New Years Takumi (Atk/Res Bond)
Zelgius x2 (Fierce Stance for all)
Oscar (uh...swordbreaker?)
Catria (Slaying Lance, maybe?)
Lute (Ploys)
Summer Elise (I already have the valour on Inigo, so just your tome.)
Exalt Chrom x2 (Who wants chill defence?)
Rebecca (uhh)
Nekomata Sakura x2 (Probably save the kitty paddles for a potential new dagger, right? Sothe sota makes the others look shit already)

So any exciting builds or stuff to do with any of them is great! I have a huge roster of characters, at 209/233 so should be able to use up the units. Ones i'd really like some guidance on is getting rid of the Chroms, Takumi's Atk/Res bond, the Fierce Stances and if anyone wants the novelty weapons. Barracks is at 433/440 and i'd rather start using some fodder then hording it all. If you've got a build that wants 4* fodder to suggest, I more than likely have some. Just running dry on creative builds right now..

Arden: I would merge. Armor and dragon teams got their respective Ward skills already, so I do not think Drive Def is particularly useful. Brave Sword is also relatively cheap and common.
Grey: I would fodder Zanbato.
BB!Charlotte: I would merge, since she does not really have much to offer. If you really want to fodder her, First Bite can be used on a tanking team; however, I still would not recommend it since field buffs are a double edged sword and could go really wrong if the opponent uses Panic. Boost skills are too dependent on your HP so I do not recommend them.
BB!Caeda: I would merge, similar to BB!Charlotte; if not, then fodder her Blessed Bouquet.
YS!Gaius: I would fodder Def Ploy. Refreshing Bolt is not bad, but Brave Bow, Firesweep Bow, and Guard Bow exist. The only niche I can think of for Refreshing Bolt is to use it on a Wings of Mercy beacon for a defense team.
HNY!Takumi: I would fodder Kagami Mochi.
Zelgius: I would go with Fierce Stance too, but you may also want to use one for Panic Ploy on a Panic Ploy bot if you do not have one already.
Oscar: I think you mean Lancebreaker.
Catria: Slaying Lance is fine.
Lute: I would fodder Res Ploy too.
NS!Elise: I would personally merge as the 1/1/0/0 is kind of weak, but foddering Hibiscus Tome is fine if you need another buff bot.
TBK!Chrom: Chill Def can be utilized by Jaffar and Firesweep Bow users since they prevent foes from counter attacking so they do not need Desperation. Users of physical effective Weapons like Kitty Paddle, Armorsmasher, Ridersbane, and Falchion also benefit from it for easier one hit knock outs. Brave Weapon-Death Blow users like LA!Roy can also run it since they generally kill their targets within two hits so their targets never gets a chance to counter.
Rebecca: I would merge.
TOD!Sakura: I would save her for now. Kagero, HATF!Kagero, and Sothe should keep their default Weapons in my opinion. Poison Dagger is a bit lacking as many Distant Counter infantry units can survive a hit and kill Kagero on the counter, so you can give Kagero Kitty Paddle to let her focus on just killing tanky mages instead.

My personal favorite would be pairing LA!Roy with Chill Def:
LA!Roy +Atk
Brave Bow, Moonbow
Death Blow, Chill Def
Quickened Pulse/Heavy Blade

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, Baruch said:

Dont know which gunnthra to keep. One is +spd-res the other is +atk-hp. I am leaning towards +atk the higher res might also come in handy. Help me out!

If you are sticking with primarily her default kit, I would go with +Atk, since Gunnthrá would be running Chilling Seal instead of Desperation, so it is more important for her to kill things in one hit. However, with that being said, I would still highly recommend keeping both copies for now, because if Desperation is released as a Sacred Seal, +Spd is vastly superior to +Atk since Desperation would solve Gunnthrá's sustainability problem by allowing her to hit units twice to deal more damage and potentially kill enemies before they get the chance to counter.

Gunnthrá's -Res is not a big deal in my opinion unless you want her to run Ploys, which you can offload to another unit.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

If you are sticking with primarily her default kit, I would go with +Atk, since Gunnthrá would be running Chilling Seal instead of Desperation, so it is more important for her to kill things in one hit. However, with that being said, I would still highly recommend keeping both copies for now, because if Desperation is released as a Sacred Seal, +Spd is vastly superior to +Atk since Desperation would solve Gunnthrá's sustainability problem by allowing her to hit units twice to deal more damage and potentially kill enemies before they get the chance to counter.

Gunnthrá's -Res is not a big deal in my opinion unless you want her to run Ploys, which you can offload to another unit.

Thanks! Gonna wait in that case! 

On 3/9/2018 at 2:25 AM, Cadros said:

Keep in mind Breath skills don't stack with the Special cooldown acceleration from Vengeful Fighter. If you decide to invest in a Breath skill on Grima, you're probably better off building Steady/Warding Breath + Bold Fighter + Quick Riposte. Otherwise, Fury is optimal alongside Vengeful Fighter.

@Poimagic

A month late to the game, but running Steady/Warding Breath with Vengeful Fighter is actually optimal for a purely enemy-phase build, the reason being that Vengeful Fighter is being used for the 50% HP activation threshold over Quick Riposte instead of its Special cooldown effect, which then opens up your Sacred Seal slot for something like Close Def or Distant Def.

It also opens up your Quick Riposte Sacred Seal to use on someone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to built up my Regular Roy now with his Refined weapon.

Builds I have in mind and am working on:

1. Build: +SPD/-HP
Binding Blade (QR Refined)
Reposition
Moonbow
Life and Death 3
Wind Sweep 3
Atk Smoke 3
Seal: Phantom Speed 3 / Spd Seal 3

This is kind of a mixed bag built, Roy will be safe on the offense and not get countered while he will allways double counter on the enemy phase.

2. Build: +Def/-Spd
Repostion
Bonfire
Distant Def 3
Guard 3
Atk Smoke 3
Seal: Close Def 3

This is a very tanky built but lacks serious offensiv power.
I am really not sure how to built him because his stat spread is so even (my current Roy has +Def/-Spd Nature!)

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

I am trying to built up my Regular Roy now with his Refined weapon.

Builds I have in mind and am working on:

1. Build: +SPD/-HP
Reposition
Moonbow
Life and Death 3
Wind Sweep 3
Atk Smoke 3
Seal: Phantom Speed 3 / Spd Seal 3

This is kind of a mixed bag built, Roy will be safe on the offense and not get countered while he will allways double counter on the enemy phase.

2. Build: +Def/-Spd
Repostion
Bonfire
Distant Def 3
Guard 3
Atk Smoke 3
Seal: Close Def 3

This is a very tanky built but lacks serious offensiv power.
I am really not sure how to built him because his stat spread is so even (my current Roy has +Def/-Spd Nature!)

Roy (5★ +spd -hp)  
Weapon: Binding Blade  
Refine: Binding Blade - Quick Riposte  
Assist: Shove  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Life and Death 3  
B: Windsweep 3  
C: Atk Smoke 3  
S: Phantom Spd 3  
Player Phase Wins: 116 Losses: 19 Inconclusive: 88

Roy (5★ +def -spd)  
Assist: Shove  
Special: Bonfire  
A: Distant Def 3  
B: Guard 3  
C: Atk Smoke 3  
S: Close Def 3  
Enemy Phase Wins: 105 Losses: 27 Inconclusive: 91

To be honest, Roy's damage output is pathetic. I'd go for an attack boon and res bane. 
I fiddled with one build, but take a look.

Roy (5★ +atk -res)  
Assist: flexible
Special: Moonbow  
A: Fury 3  
B: Swordbreaker 3  
C: flexible  
S: Attack +3  
Player Phase Wins: 143 Losses: 44 Inconclusive: 36
Enemy Phase Wins: 166 Losses: 20 Inconclusive: 37

Edited by silveraura25

• 2 weeks later...

So I went to fish for Ayra and without much believing in my chances, here she comes on the first orb after the free one.

She's minus speed (+attack). Can I still make an S tier unit out of her or does it weaken her too significantly if I have her retain her prf blade?

Not having nature luck with the swordmasters, my Mia was also -speed.

7 hours ago, Vince777 said:

So I went to fish for Ayra and without much believing in my chances, here she comes on the first orb after the free one.

She's minus speed (+attack). Can I still make an S tier unit out of her or does it weaken her too significantly if I have her retain her prf blade?

Not having nature luck with the swordmasters, my Mia was also -speed.

Just slap Speed +3 on her Sacred Seal slot and you are good to go.

Edited by XRay

4 minutes ago, Chelone said:

https://imgur.com/sqhBOil

Building this Roy, im not sure if Vantage is the way to go. Would Renewal be better? Also, he's +atk -def now but ill probably change than upon merging him. What IV would be best?

I had the most success with +spd -res in combat simulations. Give him fury, swordbreaker and a attack seal. Or if you have +atk -res then speed seal

Edited by silveraura25