Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

How do I make my newly +10 Niles relevant? I really want to make him useable haha.

971555919_Screenshot_20200415-175015_FireEmblemHeroes.thumb.jpg.3ed318f009ab77f6a98f53b99800d246.jpg

Well if you're going to run desperation then you might be better off with a Brazen Atk Speed or Brazen Attack Res than Fortress Defense Res. Fortress Defense Res is for units designed to take hits which he's probably not going to be doing. Still that's a major investment, so you might want to ditch desperation and go with Special Spiral. That would have him proccing a pretty powerful Glacies on every other attack thanks to his prf weapon (well against slower units, might want Darting Blow or Phantom Speed on his seal to ensure he can keep getting the Flashing Blade effect, Darting Blow would obviously be preffered as it will help his doubling treshold too). Alternatively you could ditch his prf and give him a Brave Blow and down grade to Ice Berg with Death Blow on the Seal. Combined with Special Spiral that would have him launching Ice Bergs on every player phase, hopefully killing enemies before they can counter attack. Also if you do want to go the route of keeping Desperation, give him Ardent Sacrifice so he can more easily reach it.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Dylan Corona said:

How do I make my newly +10 Niles relevant? I really want to make him useable haha.

971555919_Screenshot_20200415-175015_FireEmblemHeroes.thumb.jpg.3ed318f009ab77f6a98f53b99800d246.jpg

If you are using him for Player Phase AND if you have Feh Pass, I strongly recommend giving him Summoner Support. I normally discourage giving Summoner Support to Player Phase units since they simply just do not need it, and Enemy Phase units will benefit from that stat boost far more. However, Nile's Atk is really pathetic and he simply cannot compete with other archers without some kind of serious crutch. If you do not have Feh Pass though, he is not worth giving your only Summoner Support to since a super tank in Aether Raids will give you far more return with those stat buffs.

I assume you are willing to give him premium skills since you gave him Fort. Def/Res. I highly recommend Brazen Atk/Spd 4 and have VS!Azura on the same team to provide buffs.

Player Phase:
+Atk
Nile's Bow [Special] — Brave Bow
Reposition
Luna — Iceberg
Brazen Atk/Spd 4
Desperation
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd 3
Nile's Bow is slightly better without Summoner Support, but Brave Bow looks slightly better if you can give him Summoner Support; since the difference is not much, I would just stick with Nile's Bow. Brazen Atk/Spd 7 is pretty much mandatory to address his low Atk problem. SR!Wolt is going to get a rerun soon in a few months during the summer, so I highly recommend saving enough Orbs to get him to pass Brazen Atk/Spd 4 to Niles.

— — — — — — —

Similarly for Enemy Phase, I would still recommend Summoner Support if you have Feh Pass, but if you do not have Feh Pass, then I would not give him Summoner Support.

I assume he is just going to be a mage tank since his Def is pretty low.
+Atk/Spd (I lean towards +Atk)
Nile's Bow [special]
Reposition — Swap
Glacies
Mirror Stance 3
Lull Spd/Def
(Any C) — Atk Smoke
Quick Riposte
Make sure to stack his Spd out the wazoo and support him with Chill Atk and Chill Spd. You do not want QOV!Celica to double him.

If you want him to go against Blazing mages like Ophelia, he will need the following skill set, 2 Eirs, and he would also need BH!Lucina to buff him.
+Res
Nile's Bow [Res]
Reposition — Swap
Iceberg
Fortress Def/Res
Lull Atk/Def
(Any C) — Pulse Smoke
Fortress Res
His Atk is really pathetic, so even a Ruptured Sky trigger with +Atk would still miss a kill on a pimped out Ophelia, so just stick with +Res to mitigate Blazing damage. He really needs Iceberg with BH!Lucina to kill mages in one hit. And for a fun little tidbit, he reaches 69 visible Res at +10+10 with Summoner Support and 2 Eirs.

Edited by XRay

On 4/16/2020 at 3:00 AM, Dylan Corona said:

Thats some large investment grats. But aside from PVE content i think he might be useless with this built.

For PVP: his Attack is very very low and his SPD is also on the lower end of the spectrum. He aint gonna do much aside from Tanking mages and failing to kill them (due to his low Atk).

Alternativly you can build him as a support unit with Sabotage skills or as a Offensiv unit with different A-Slot skills and Seal.

2 hours ago, Alywar said:

I am undecided on how to finish building +10 L.Roy +spd.

For B slot does it make sense to inherit wrath? I can pass along blue flame and wrath from Owain.

Any recommendations on A slot? 

Wrath can definitely work. If you have the resources, I would have opted for something like Null Follow-Up or Null C-Disrupt; the latter can be especially helpful since Dragonbind already comes with Distant Counter. The B passive will, of course, come down to personal preference.

If not using Bonus Doubler, then probably something like Warding Breath can be a good alternative, mainly for better mixed bulk during enemy phase as well as for accelerated Special procs, especially if not already using Wrath for B. 

---

As for myself, if I am going to build a +10 F!Berkut, would he prefer +Atk or +Res for an asset overall? I have both, but am unsure of which one to merge.

He is currently +Atk, and using Mirror Stance 3 and Lull Atk/Def for his A and B, respectively. Still undecided on what to use for his C and Special, though I would gladly take suggestions.

2 hours ago, Alywar said:

I am undecided on how to finish building +10 L.Roy +spd.

For B slot does it make sense to inherit wrath? I can pass along blue flame and wrath from Owain.

Any recommendations on A slot? 

I would stick with Bonus Doubler for the A slot. He is primarily a Spd tank with some dual phasing capability, so he needs every stat to be high, and Bonus Doubler also works on Player Phase so you can use him as a dual phase unit if necessary. If you do not like the buff dependency, then I would go with Swift Stance 3 when that comes out.

For his B slot, I recommend Lull Atk/Spd. Lull Atk/Spd works no matter what HP range he is in and on both phases. Wrath is more suitable for a Player Phase unit in my opinion, since it is risky on a tank as your tank needs to suffer enough damage for it to work, and if it does not suffer enough damage, then the skill does nothing. Quick Riposte is also a solid budget option, since a lot of sword units are super fast so he may need some help to double.

41 minutes ago, Lord Quan said:

As for myself, if I am going to build a +10 F!Berkut, would he prefer +Atk or +Res for an asset overall? I have both, but am unsure of which one to merge.

He is currently +Atk, and using Mirror Stance 3 and Lull Atk/Def for his A and B, respectively. Still undecided on what to use for his C and Special, though I would gladly take suggestions.

As long as he is only facing ranged enemies and only facing 1 or 2 enemies per turn, I lean towards +Atk. As long as he is not facing top tier nukes like Blazing mages, Glacies bombs, SK!Alm, etc., he does not need that much bulk to handle regular ranged nukes since they cannot double him, and few nukes can one shot things with 80+ bulk. I would only go with +Res if you are more concerned about one shot nukes like Lilina, vanilla Lysithea, or Blade mages.

I would build something like the following:
+Atk
Kriemhild
Reposition — Swap
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Mirror Stance
Dull Ranged — Lull Atk/Def
(Any C) — Atk Smoke — Panic Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Quick Riposte

While he is an Enemy Phase unit, he probably should not be used on an Enemy Phase team due to the recoil damage. Instead, he is better off on a Player Phase team to drop his allies into Desperation range. And on a Player Phase team, he would not be competing with other Enemy Phase units who also want Quick Riposte on their Sacred Seal slot.

37 minutes ago, XRay said:

As long as he is only facing ranged enemies and only facing 1 or 2 enemies per turn, I lean towards +Atk. As long as he is not facing top tier nukes like Blazing mages, Glacies bombs, SK!Alm, etc., he does not need that much bulk to handle regular ranged nukes since they cannot double him, and few nukes can one shot things with 80+ bulk. I would only go with +Res if you are more concerned about one shot nukes like Lilina, vanilla Lysithea, or Blade mages.

+Atk
Kriemhild
Reposition — Swap
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Mirror Stance
Quick Riposte

While he is an Enemy Phase unit, he probably should not be used on an Enemy Phase team due to the recoil damage. Instead, he is better off on a Player Phase team to drop his allies into Desperation range. And on a Player Phase team, he would not be competing with other Enemy Phase units who also want Quick Riposte on their Sacred Seal slot.

This is perfect. I actually never thought of using a 2-turn Special, and I do happen to have a spare Byleth. At first, I was strongly considering either Iceberg or Blue Flame. 

Much appreciated.

On 4/19/2020 at 6:19 PM, XRay said:

I would stick with Bonus Doubler for the A slot. He is primarily a Spd tank with some dual phasing capability, so he needs every stat to be high, and Bonus Doubler also works on Player Phase so you can use him as a dual phase unit if necessary. If you do not like the buff dependency, then I would go with Swift Stance 3 when that comes out.

For his B slot, I recommend Lull Atk/Spd. Lull Atk/Spd works no matter what HP range he is in and on both phases. Wrath is more suitable for a Player Phase unit in my opinion, since it is risky on a tank as your tank needs to suffer enough damage for it to work, and if it does not suffer enough damage, then the skill does nothing. Quick Riposte is also a solid budget option, since a lot of sword units are super fast so he may need some help to double.

+Atk
Kriemhild
Reposition — Swap
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Mirror Stance
Quick Riposte

Thank you for the input. I will watch for lull atk/spd fodder on an upcoming banner.

On 4/19/2020 at 5:05 PM, Lord Quan said:

Wrath can definitely work. If you have the resources, I would have opted for something like Null Follow-Up or Null C-Disrupt; the latter can be especially helpful since Dragonbind already comes with Distant Counter. The B passive will, of course, come down to personal preference.

If not using Bonus Doubler, then probably something like Warding Breath can be a good alternative, mainly for better mixed bulk during enemy phase as well as for accelerated Special procs, especially if not already using Wrath for B. 

---

Appreciate the input. My NCD and NFU skills are all taken. I will go with wrath and wait for lull atk/spd or ncd fodder.

58 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

So I'm working on Young Minerva and I have no idea what to give her for her B and C slots, as well as if I should keep her special. Any ideas? Thanks!

1484382019_Screenshot_20200421-005808_FireEmblemHeroes.thumb.jpg.9e7daabf4ceae55592437c88f1119537.jpg

Personally I will go the Galeforce route with her. 

• Dragoon Axe
  • Reposition
  • Galeforce
  • Drogoon shield
  • Desperation
  • Any smoke except Res
  • Heavy blade 

Also what stats does the first merge give? 

Edited by SuperNova125

23 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

• Dragoon Axe
  • Reposition
  • Galeforce
  • Drogoon shield
  • Desperation
  • Any smoke except Res
  • Heavy blade 

Also what stats does the first merge give? 

+2 HP, +2 Def and +1 Spd I think.

1 hour ago, Dylan Corona said:

So I'm working on Young Minerva and I have no idea what to give her for her B and C slots, as well as if I should keep her special. Any ideas? Thanks!

32 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

• Dragoon Axe
  • Reposition
  • Galeforce
  • Drogoon shield
  • Desperation
  • Any smoke except Res
  • Heavy blade 

I would replace Dragoon Shield with Life and Death to give her better Atk/Spd. Life and Death is pretty cheap, and she should not be tanking archers if she cannot retaliate. Life and Death also drops her Def so she can enter Desperation range more easily. The C slot is also relatively flexible, so you can use Fortify Fliers or whatever else that is appropriate depending on her teammates.

That said, if you plan to autobattle, Dragoon Shield would be nice to keep though since the AI can be pretty stupid at times.

If you do not want to use Galeforce, but you still want to do Player Phase, then I would do the following:
Dragoon Axe
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

21 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

+2 HP, +2 Def and +1 Spd I think.

Yeah, that should be correct.

Merge +1 gives HP+1 and the next highest stat, which should Def+1.

Neutral gives HP+1, Spd+1, and Def+1 since there are no Flaws to fix.

So that totals HP+2, Spd+1, and Def+2.

• 2 weeks later...

How good (or bad) is Heavy Blade 3/Death Blow 3 (A and seal slot or vice versa) on this Legendary Edelgard loadout:

• Weapon: Brave Axe+
  • Support: Any
  • Special: Galeforce
  • B Skill: Raging Storm
  • C Skill: Def Smoke/Savage Blow

I ask this because I have but one Valentine Faye and no Duo Ephraim. And yeah, Edelgard has neutral attack, no merges, and S-grade Summoner Support.

28 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

How good (or bad) is Heavy Blade 3/Death Blow 3 (A and seal slot or vice versa) on this Legendary Edelgard loadout:

• Weapon: Brave Axe+
  • Support: Any
  • Special: Galeforce
  • B Skill: Raging Storm
  • C Skill: Def Smoke/Savage Blow

I ask this because I have but one Valentine Faye and no Duo Ephraim. And yeah, Edelgard has neutral attack, no merges, and S-grade Summoner Support.

If you are using Brave Axe, you want Death Blow on the A slot and Heavy Blade on the Sacred Seal slot. This is so that if you get Death Blow 4, it will help the her win the Atk comparison. Heavy Blade 4 in contrast will not help her win the Atk comparison.

For the C slot, I recommend sticking with her default Armor Stride, so she got the mobility to reach her enemies quickly and retreat if necessary.

• 2 months later...

Could you give me a few candidates to make good use of both Distant Counter and Time's Pulse from Lif? 

The characters must be:

* Non-seasonal, as I do not keep any seasonal units in my barracks once merit-grinded.

* Reasonably mergeable (3-4 star, grail units, or Book 1 5 star exclusives). 

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Regular Keaton has it.

Ah. Thanks. Guess he's a must-summon for me now, heh...

47 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I just randomly drew a Miledy. Should I give my Seteth Wyvern Flight or Desperation? (His other skills are Spear of Assal, Atk/Spd Form, and Joint Drive Speed). 

And if I give him Wyvern Flight, would +Spd or +Def be ideal?

If going for player phase, I recommend Desperation, and I would also use Fury or some other A skill that is not dependent on positioning.

For dual phase, Wyvern Flight should be okay. The only other decent option I can think of would be Dull Close.

+Spd would be his best Asset regardless of what phase you use him in. The only other Asset you may want to use would be +Atk if you give him Brave Lance or Ninja Yari.

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

If going for player phase, I recommend Desperation, and I would also use Fury or some other A skill that is not dependent on positioning.

For dual phase, Wyvern Flight should be okay. The only other decent option I can think of would be Dull Close.

+Spd would be his best Asset regardless of what phase you use him in. The only other Asset you may want to use would be +Atk if you give him Brave Lance or Ninja Yari.

I was leaning towards Desperation myself.

The positioning requirement of the atk/spd form isn't a huge downside when Seteth already emphasizes having an ally within 2 spaces due to his weapon and joint drive speed. It just makes the build more of an all-or-nothing. But ultimately, I went with it because it was easy to inherit alongside the Joint Drive Spd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(Wyvern Flight always has such a complicated description that i too, appreciate the more simple 'yes, for this character, no for this one if def isn't above x' description.)

Given I'm celebrating over a new p!Tibarn ... Is Dive Bomb / Galeforce / his fodder in general rare enough that I should leave him be as a combat manual for foddering, or add him as a +2 merge to my tentative p!Tibarn project?

I'm so on the fence with him since even if my barracks are flier-heavy (Valter / Ashnard / Jill / b!Carmelia / b!Claude ), I don't really have builds that would be a solid player phase niche for it.

Or I suppose another way to ask this is: would a +10 Tibarn be so hilariously broken that it's not really worth having over a +1 one that does basically the same thing in terms of 'flying galeforce nuke of doom'?

edit: oooh shit if i do want to do Naesala eventually he might be a good candidate...

Edited by kradeelav