Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

This seemed like the best place to put this, so here I am. I wanted to put together an easy-to-find list of all the heroes who come with Valor skills since those skills are so useful to training other heroes. Anyone who can fill in the gaps is welcome to do so, and I'll edit this list to include it!

Sword Valor: Helpful Chrom, Original Lene, Original Gray

Lance Valor: Summer Female Robin

Axe Valor: Summer Adult Tiki

Bow Valor: Valentine's Roy, Original Nina

Dagger Valor: Halloween Sakura, Hot Springs Elise

Staff Valor: Original Maribelle

Red Tome Valor: Christmas Tharja

Blue Tome Valor: Performing Arts Shigure

Green Tome Valor: Valentine's Mist, Summer Elise

Colorless Tome Valor: N/A

Dragon Valor: Summer Young Tiki, Original Nagi

Beast Valor: Original Keaton

Personal note: Of these, I'm missing Axe Valor, Red Tome Valor, and Blue Tome Valor. POSSIBLY Staff Valor, too; I need to see if I have Maribelle.

Edit: Got Beast Valor recently.

Edit again: Just got B Tome Valor! So, now I'm only missing Staff Valor, Axe Valor, and R Tome Valor!

Another edit: I finally got R Tome Valor! Just Axe Valor and Staff Valor to go!

Yet another edit: Aaand I got Maribelle! Alright, now I only need Axe Valor, and (if they ever come out with it) C Tome Valor!

Edited by Mercakete

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mercakete

B Tome Valor is Dancer Shigure.

Staff Valor exists, on Maribelle.

The rest are alternate sources to those listed:

Nina has Bow Valor.

Hot Springs Elise has Dagger Valor.

Nagi has Dragon Valor.

Summer Elise has G Tome Valor.

The other Sword Valor units are Lene and Gray.

Edited by Humanoid

On 2/2/2021 at 8:47 PM, kradeelav said:

(Wyvern Flight always has such a complicated description that i too, appreciate the more simple 'yes, for this character, no for this one if def isn't above x' description.)

Given I'm celebrating over a new p!Tibarn ... Is Dive Bomb / Galeforce / his fodder in general rare enough that I should leave him be as a combat manual for foddering, or add him as a +2 merge to my tentative p!Tibarn project?

I'm so on the fence with him since even if my barracks are flier-heavy (Valter / Ashnard / Jill / b!Carmelia / b!Claude ), I don't really have builds that would be a solid player phase niche for it.

Or I suppose another way to ask this is: would a +10 Tibarn be so hilariously broken that it's not really worth having over a +1 one that does basically the same thing in terms of 'flying galeforce nuke of doom'?

edit: oooh shit if i do want to do Naesala eventually he might be a good candidate...

Sorry, just noticed this. If you plan to fodder him, make sure you pass on Heavy Blade 4 with Dive Bomb. Galeforce is easily obtainable from Cordelia, unlike Heavy Blade 4 which is limited to Special Heroes.

Ike has Heavy Blade 3 and he is in the 4* pool now. If you do not mind spending Grails, Jamke also has it too.

As for whether you should merge or inherit him, I lean towards inheriting his skills. As a Galeforcer, you do not want too much Atk or else you risk one shotting units. That being said, if you plan to use him Aether Raids, giving him a bit more Atk should be okay in most cases as defense teams generally run two or three Mythics, so it is a bit easier to avoid one shotting enemies. You still do not want his Atk to be too high though. If you really want to merge and Flower him, +Atk +1+2 with Atk/Spd Rein should be good enough to win most Atk checks.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

B Tome Valor is Dancer Shigure.

Staff Valor exists, on Maribelle.

The rest are alternate sources to those listed:

Nina has Bow Valor.

Hot Springs Elise has Dagger Valor.

Nagi has Dragon Valor.

Summer Elise has G Tome Valor.

The other Sword Valor units are Lene and Gray.

Thanks! Man, now I need Performing Arts Shigure even more! Maybe he'll show up for me this year... By the way, where is Axe Valor found? I think it's on Summer Adult Tiki, but I'm really not certain about that.

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Thanks! Man, now I need Performing Arts Shigure even more! Maybe he'll show up for me this year... By the way, where is Axe Valor found? I think it's on Summer Adult Tiki, but I'm really not certain about that.

Yeah, she's the only one.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

Sorry, just noticed this. If you plan to fodder him, make sure you pass on Heavy Blade 4 with Dive Bomb. Galeforce is easily obtainable from Cordelia, unlike Heavy Blade 4 which is limited to Special Heroes.

Ike has Heavy Blade 3 and he is in the 4* pool now. If you do not mind spending Grails, Jamke also has it too.

As for whether you should merge or inherit him, I lean towards inheriting his skills. As a Galeforcer, you do not want too much Atk or else you risk one shotting units. That being said, if you plan to use him Aether Raids, giving him a bit more Atk should be okay in most cases as defense teams generally run two or three Mythics, so it is a bit easier to avoid one shotting enemies. You still do not want his Atk to be too high though. If you really want to merge and Flower him, +Atk +1+2 with Atk/Spd Rein should be good enough to win most Atk checks.

No worries at all!  Oooh snap I already inherited him to Naesala but good advice on Jamke having an easy HB3 inheritance. : o  Recently obtained an Ephraim/Lyon duo that I'll fodder off once after maxing the HM cap (I prefer fallen lyon as the lyon rep on my team, even knowing those two are a good unit :P ) , so will use that trick there for sure.  Thanks!

I think this is the best place to post this. Pretty useful chart. There is a Reddit post detailing most skills (it is just missing the Weapons; but I think most players remember what they all have for their Weapons) of all the 5* units that got dropped into the 4* pool.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I think this is the best place to post this. Pretty useful chart. There is a Reddit post detailing most skills (it is just missing the Weapons; but I think most players remember what they all have for their Weapons) of all the 5* units that got dropped into the 4* pool.

For the record, the spreadsheet in my sig lets you filter for that, too! :p

Edited by Othin

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

So, I finally got the +Atk, Lex I wanted, and now I have to make a hard choice.

DC/Vantage 3 or Distant Foil & Lull Atk/Def 3?

Counter-Vantage all the way. Distant Foil just feels so outdated and niche that it is only fit for counter picking purposes in Arena Assault.

If you actually want to use Lex on some level of frequency, I would recommend sticking with the classic Counter-Vantage set up so you can use him against any type of enemy. If you think you will only ever use Lex once a blue moon in Arena Assault, Distant Foil and Lull Atk/Def are fine I guess, but Triangle Adept-Breaker is an even cheaper set up if you want something like that.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Counter-Vantage all the way. Distant Foil just feels so outdated and niche that it is only fit for counter picking purposes in Arena Assault.

If you actually want to use Lex on some level of frequency, I would recommend sticking with the classic Counter-Vantage set up so you can use him against any type of enemy. If you think you will only ever use Lex once a blue moon in Arena Assault, Distant Foil and Lull Atk/Def are fine I guess, but Triangle Adept-Breaker is an even cheaper set up if you want something like that.

You know, I think you're right. And if I want a DF/Lull cav too, Walhart will probably fit that better when he gets his refine. It's not like Walhart is going to be vantage one shotting everything like Lex can.

3 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

New update info is out.

a5a2201e9f.jpg

...I don't think I need to say much more.

FINALLY!!! WOO!!! DISTANT COUNTER WEAPONS!!!

I am excited!

And then Intelligent Systems replaces Distant Counter effects with Defiants.

...I hecked up and thought I posted that in the general discussion thread. Whoops.

Oh well, I guess it's relevant here too since their refines are potentially going to heavily change their inheritance options.

• 7 months later...

Okay, what's the catch with Yen'Fey? Because his weapon seems really good in general, but absolutely amazing for a free unit. Give him Spurn and boom, you have a second B!ike who can distant counter without using up an A slot, which can be freed up for solos. I must be missing something here. A free weapon being that good when they're throwing so many trash units at us just doesn't make sense. I mean I haven't used B!ke in a while since the meta has kind of shifted away from tanking completely (a unit almost needs damage reduction and massive kill potential to be stellar), but this still seems too good to be true on a free unit.

Edited by Jotari

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

*points at Walhart's refine*

Touche, touche. Somehow though I feel as if these will be isolated cases rather than any kind of new standard for free units.

35 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Touche, touche. Somehow though I feel as if these will be isolated cases rather than any kind of new standard for free units.

I don't think there was ever a standard. They make good units when they feel like it, and they make trash units when they feel like it.

I'm looking for a B Skill for the Black Knight. For a long time now I've been running special spiral so he could always have Black Luna ready on enemy phase, but ever since his weapon refine reduced the special count it's kind of felt wasted. I've considered replacing it with Vengeful Fighter, but he usually doesn't really need a second hit to kill, and if he does he's already fast enough to reach it through normal means (either that or he's killed before he'd even have a chance to strike again). So I've kept Special Spiral, but now I kind of want to use the new Darting Breath Seal for his seal slot (previously I had Swift Stance on him), this will guarantee enemy phase Black Luna strikes (well most of the time), but his B slot is still left open. But if his special is already covered. He can't use lull or spurn and most of the specific armour B skills revolve around charging specials which will already be kind of handled with his Darting Breath Seal and weapon. Something that could enhance his survivability would be nice, but we don't really have a Dragon Wall effect for armours (yet, I'm sure they'll introduce something eventually). Near as I can tell, I should either just stick to Special Spiral or just go Mystic Boost for the heal? Might help him stay above 25% for his weapon. I guess good old Wings of Mercy could work for getting him around, though I already have armour march and usually use him on a full armour team, so that's not much of an issue either.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'm looking for a B Skill for the Black Knight. For a long time now I've been running special spiral so he could always have Black Luna ready on enemy phase, but ever since his weapon refine reduced the special count it's kind of felt wasted. I've considered replacing it with Vengeful Fighter, but he usually doesn't really need a second hit to kill, and if he does he's already fast enough to reach it through normal means (either that or he's killed before he'd even have a chance to strike again). So I've kept Special Spiral, but now I kind of want to use the new Darting Breath Seal for his seal slot (previously I had Swift Stance on him), this will guarantee enemy phase Black Luna strikes (well most of the time), but his B slot is still left open. But if his special is already covered. He can't use lull or spurn and most of the specific armour B skills revolve around charging specials which will already be kind of handled with his Darting Breath Seal and weapon. Something that could enhance his survivability would be nice, but we don't really have a Dragon Wall effect for armours (yet, I'm sure they'll introduce something eventually). Near as I can tell, I should either just stick to Special Spiral or just go Mystic Boost for the heal? Might help him stay above 25% for his weapon. I guess good old Wings of Mercy could work for getting him around, though I already have armour march and usually use him on a full armour team, so that's not much of an issue either.

Nowadays, the most relevant armors are Save tanks in PvP, and maybe to a lesser extent dual phase units for less demanding modes. I am not really sure if you want to use him as a Save tank. While he can work as one, you will  want to replace Black Luna with a defensive Special and run Hardy Fighter. If you want to keep Black Luna, I would aim for a dual phase build with Special Fighter and Mystic Boost, and he should be able to hold his own for PvE modes. I do not think he can make the cut as a dual phase unit in PvP modes though, since his Res is kind fo crap and he does not have enough defensive effects on his Weapon.

For Tempest Trials and autobattling, I would run Darting Breath/Warding Breath on A and double Mystic Boost.

Edited by XRay

• 2 months later...

Have a question about Norne. I have her at level 40+9

Currently running the following build on her:

Spoiler

Plegian Bow+ (Res)

Reposition

Noontime

Close Counter

Lull Attack Def 3

Attack Smoke 3

Are there any additional skills I should give her or adjustments to the build I should make?

52 minutes ago, 5PointGordin said:

Are there any additional skills I should give her or adjustments to the build I should make?

I'm personally not a fan of Close Counter skills. Ranged units don't really have that many points in stats to run defensive builds to begin with (unless they have strong exclusive weapons or passive skills), and running a Close Counter skill gives up the most or second-most impactful slot in terms of stats. However, if you've been finding success with your current build, you can always upgrade to Close Salvo or Close Reversal, but I'm skeptical of their efficacy as units continue to get stronger.

If you want to run a more traditional defensive build, Distant Def 4 is generally the best option, but there's also tier-4 Stance skills that give you Guard instead of Dull Ranged, given that Dull Ranged overlaps with the Lull in the B slot.

I'm also personally not too keen on using Smoke skills in the C slot. Smoke skills aren't active until after a round of combat, so you won't get their benefit on the first round of combat each turn. I'd rather run Atk/Def Menace, which debuffs two stats at the cost of only affecting the closest enemies at the start of each turn.

Alternatively, Norne is relatively fast, so it might be advisable to run a Spd build instead.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm personally not a fan of Close Counter skills. Ranged units don't really have that many points in stats to run defensive builds to begin with (unless they have strong exclusive weapons or passive skills), and running a Close Counter skill gives up the most or second-most impactful slot in terms of stats. However, if you've been finding success with your current build, you can always upgrade to Close Salvo or Close Reversal, but I'm skeptical of their efficacy as units continue to get stronger.

If you want to run a more traditional defensive build, Distant Def 4 is generally the best option, but there's also tier-4 Stance skills that give you Guard instead of Dull Ranged, given that Dull Ranged overlaps with the Lull in the B slot.

I'm also personally not too keen on using Smoke skills in the C slot. Smoke skills aren't active until after a round of combat, so you won't get their benefit on the first round of combat each turn. I'd rather run Atk/Def Menace, which debuffs two stats at the cost of only affecting the closest enemies at the start of each turn.

Alternatively, Norne is relatively fast, so it might be advisable to run a Spd build instead.

RN, her performance is OK, but she is not invincible. I need some support from flayn / Lucina to make her a true god-tier tank. Here are her stats rn.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20220309-173754_Fire_Emblem_Heroes.jpg

I am running a Smoke Skill more as a budget option since I don't wanna fodder the units in my barracks that have Menace skills.

You did mention a speedy build, which I am somewhat interested in. Which skills would you recommend for that?

Edited by 5PointGordin