Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

Well, I've got a 5* Corrin!M with +Atk -Res. Also got another 5* CorrinM but he's -Spd and is thus unusable, as well as a 4* so potentially I can push him to +2 in time.

Worth running with him? As a F2Per the chances of nabbing a better red lord are slim, let alone one I can get a merge bonus with.

I was thinking Fury 3, Desperation, Threaten Spd and that assist where you sacrifice HP (to trigger Desperation) for him. Maybe Vantage would work?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, davidbennett1819 said:

Well, I've got a 5* Corrin!M with +Atk -Res. Also got another 5* CorrinM but he's -Spd and is thus unusable, as well as a 4* so potentially I can push him to +2 in time.

Worth running with him? As a F2Per the chances of nabbing a better red lord are slim, let alone one I can get a merge bonus with.

I was thinking Fury 3, Desperation, Threaten Spd and that assist where you sacrifice HP (to trigger Desperation) for him. Maybe Vantage would work?

I think he is quite useable! Esp since Yato inherently has darting blow 2 and he is in a decent speed tier so he can double up on most units bar swordbreaker and the like.

Between Desperation and Vantage,I think Desperation works better with the skillset you made, since Yato is a strong player-phase oriented weapon (darting blow gives the spd boost only if you initiate) and Desperation will help you with damage output after reaching the HP threshold with Ardent Sacrifice (I'm assuming that is the one you were wanting. It's the skill that transfers 10hp to another unit at the cost of your own). Vantage can be decent on enemy phase and helps with chip damage against melee units, but it still won't help you with mages. 

Also, apologies in advance for posting this again but I would like teambuilding help....

Spoiler

Ike (+Spd/-Res)

• Weapon: Ragnell
  • Special: Aether
  • Assist: Swap? Pivot? Reposition?
    • Heavy Blade 3
    • Vantage 3? Quick Riposte 2?
    • Threaten Atk 3
    • Atk +1 Sacred Seal

I want to keep the Aether/Heavy Blade combo despite my IVs being un-ideal for this. I am not sure what assist/b skill slot to add onto him.

Soren (+Spd/-Res or +Spd/+Def...I just know it was one of those I forgot to keep note of the IVs before grinding)

• Weapon: Gronnblade+? GronnRaven+?
  • Special: Moonbow? Draconic Aura? Luna?
  • Assist: Drag back? Reposition?
    • Triangle Adept 2? Fury 3?
    • G Tomebreaker 3
    • Hone Atk 3 (Fortify Res 3?)
    • Spd +1 Sacred Seal?

Soren is the big ??? in this team. I am not sure if I want him to be discount Nino or run a TA/Gronnraven set. Budget-wise I guess Gronnraven looks good bc I do have the opputunity to let Soren inherit it while it will take much longer for me to get a Nino (the spare I have is a 3star). I also wanted to counter Nino with him, hence the Green Tomebreaker 3...but that can be changed if the team doesn't quite need it.

Reinhardt (+Atk/-Def)

• Weapon: Dire Thunder
  • Special: Noontime
  • Assist: Rally Atk
    • Fury 3
    • Vantage 3
    • Spur Atk 3
    • HP+3 Sacred Seal

Rein is the arena staple in all the teams I have used for the different arena seasons due to his crazy player phase nuking capabilities. I do realize death blow/lancebreaker is probably better but I did not have those skills to spare. I just use Noontime to get some HP back for him since Fury does chip him quite a bit....

Azura (-Spd/+Def)

• Weapon: Sapphire Lance+
  • Special: Glimmer
  • Assist: Dance
    • Spd +3
    • Wings of Mercy 2
    • Fortify Res 3
    • Spd +1 Sacred Seal?

Azura is kinda in SP grind hell since she doesn't do much fighting, but she can chunk red melee units fairly decently. She's the only good dancer I have that I maxed out. I do have an Olivia but she isn't max leveled at all OTL

TL;DR - I need help with Ike and Sore unit synergy, specifically what to do with Soren (Nino knockoff or colorless baiter)

Edited by kynimdraws

7 hours ago, CorruptedChrome said:

A Soren that Ima try to make like Nino cuz he's cooler ( would if you have a suggested skill list for him to would be cool ) idk his boom babe cuz i leveled him. 

A reinhardt

and olivia 

28 minutes ago, kynimdraws said:

I think he is quite useable! Esp since Yato inherently has darting blow 2 and he is in a decent speed tier so he can double up on most units bar swordbreaker and the like.

Between Desperation and Vantage,I think Desperation works better with the skillset you made, since Yato is a strong player-phase oriented weapon (darting blow gives the spd boost only if you initiate) and Desperation will help you with damage output after reaching the HP threshold with Ardent Sacrifice (I'm assuming that is the one you were wanting. It's the skill that transfers 10hp to another unit at the cost of your own). Vantage can be decent on enemy phase and helps with chip damage against melee units, but it still won't help you with mages. 

Also, apologies in advance for posting this again but I would like teambuilding help....

Reveal hidden contents

TL;DR - I need help with Ike and Sore unit synergy, specifically what to do with Soren (Nino knockoff or colorless baiter)

. . .and screw you editor, you just wiped out all of my hard work.  But I'll type as much of it from memory as I can!

Both of you have more-or-less the same team, so I'll lump the two of you together.

Dancer - Not much to say, except you'll want Hone Atk in some way, shape or form (either Olivia or have Azura inherit it), because. . .

Reinhardt - His job is to delete things on player phase.  His B skill needs to be changed, since he's so slow that he'll be doubled (and probably dead) on enemy phase.  For the Fury build, Renewal works.  For everything else, something like Wings of Mercy.  Maybe slap Hone Speed on him.

Soren - I prefer the -blade build, because 17 defense means that baiting things with -raven will hurt (I MIGHT consider it if I get a +Def one, but even that's sketchy).  +Spd makes him Literally Nino, and +Atk is always welcome on an offensive unit, so I'd slap -blade on those.  -breaker can work, but I see far more arrows than I do Nino in the arena.  For +Spd, I'd run a -blade Linde build (-blade, Ardent Sacrifice, LaD, Desperation) along with a speed buff.  That's 45 speed, if my math works out, and with two 55 MT hits (at minimum), his target will probably die.

Ike - That leaves the star of the show.  I'd normally do something super-stupid with the +Spd one, but alas.  Both of you can run something like Aether ('cause Tellius), repositioning skill, Heavy Blade, QR, and Threaten Atk.  Have fun~!

8 hours ago, AuraGuardianR said:

Am I right in assuming +HP -Spd Alm is pretty much a more balanced Chrom? What build should I give him? I haven't used any of his SP so he has like 1000, so that shouldn't require much grinding.

If you think Alm is a more balanced Chrom, then steal a Chrom build!  You'll have to get rid of Windsweep, though.

9 hours ago, Namarid said:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how i should build my chrom. I have two of them. One is 5* +hp -spd and the other is +atk - Res but is is 4*. I was planning on merging the 5* into the 4* cause i assume that one has a better IVs. I am trying to assemble an awakening themed team that has both robins with the standard triangle adept,raven time and b/g tomebreaker.

Fourth member had best be Lissa! :P:

Looks like Chrom's going to be the dragon-killing physical tank of the team.  Since the Robins can take care of non-greens, Chrom will have to step up and do that job.  You'll definitely want the +Atk one!  You're aiming for One-Punch Chrom, with Death Blow and QR/Swordbreaker.

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .and screw you editor, you just wiped out all of my hard work.  But I'll type as much of it from memory as I can!

Both of you have more-or-less the same team, so I'll lump the two of you together.

Dancer - Not much to say, except you'll want Hone Atk in some way, shape or form (either Olivia or have Azura inherit it), because. . .

Reinhardt - His job is to delete things on player phase.  His B skill needs to be changed, since he's so slow that he'll be doubled (and probably dead) on enemy phase.  For the Fury build, Renewal works.  For everything else, something like Wings of Mercy.  Maybe slap Hone Speed on him.

Soren - I prefer the -blade build, because 17 defense means that baiting things with -raven will hurt (I MIGHT consider it if I get a +Def one, but even that's sketchy).  +Spd makes him Literally Nino, and +Atk is always welcome on an offensive unit, so I'd slap -blade on those.  -breaker can work, but I see far more arrows than I do Nino in the arena.  For +Spd, I'd run a -blade Linde build (-blade, Ardent Sacrifice, LaD, Desperation) along with a speed buff.  That's 45 speed, if my math works out, and with two 55 MT hits (at minimum), his target will probably die.

Ike - That leaves the star of the show.  I'd normally do something super-stupid with the +Spd one, but alas.  Both of you can run something like Aether ('cause Tellius), repositioning skill, Heavy Blade, QR, and Threaten Atk.  Have fun~!

It'll take a long time to get some of the skills on the Dancer/Rein but thanks! I might just keep the hone atk and work on getting Renewal 3 since I do have that.

I guess the matchups differ by team, since I see far more green tomes than arrows. The few arrows I see I can delete them with Rein easily anyway...which also makes me think yeah...the blade set sounds more appealing ffff

My only issue with the Ike suggestion you have is...is QR 2 sufficient? I have one unit for it and feathers are not exactly cheap

And please tell me the stupid set for the +Speed one, I'm curious

3 minutes ago, kynimdraws said:

My only issue with the Ike suggestion you have is...is QR 2 sufficient? I have one unit for it and feathers are not exactly cheap

QR generally breaks after a single round of combat even at max level, so QR2 or even 1 would be fine.

Although, having the highest level slightly raises your Arena score, supposedly.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Would Distant Counter be good on Sharena? A friend just spent 40 bucks trying to get another Hector to give her that which made me question that. He didn't get another Hector if anyone is wondering.

Going through @eclipse's 4 qualities to look for on a C/D Counter user: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70033-skill-inheritance-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=4767164, and I'm not so sure.

Also, for me, Vantage on Sharena? Or would I be better off giving her some other skill like Lance- or Swordbreaker? Man, 5* Sharena has 29 def while 4* has 26... Meh.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Fourth member had best be Lissa! :P:

Looks like Chrom's going to be the dragon-killing physical tank of the team.  Since the Robins can take care of non-greens, Chrom will have to step up and do that job.  You'll definitely want the +Atk one!  You're aiming for One-Punch Chrom, with Death Blow and QR/Swordbreaker.

Funnily enough I do have a level 40 Lissa at 4*. Rehabilitate is such a lovely skill. 

Thanks for the advice! 

I just pulled Takumi and I'm wondering what good B and C slots passives are good for him? I know Vantage is really good for Takumi but as for now I don't have any unit that have vantage that I can pass down. What other heroes have Vantage except for Lon'qu and Reinhardt? As for C skill should I keep his threaten spd or should I swap it to like Hone atk  or perhaps get a savage blow on him? Or some other C passive skill.

edit: I forgot to say that his IVs are +HP/-Atk not the greatest IVs but oh well.

Edited by FoliFF

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Which Skill B is more optimal for Luci? Seal Speed or Vantage?

I'm starting to think i should put this in my signature since I say it so much but,

Seal skills are for squares, and Vantage Lucina is pretty bonkers if you ask me, although some people like to give her Life and Death with desperation.

Edited by Arcanite

8 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Which Skill B is more optimal for Luci? Seal Speed or Vantage?

Seconding @Arcanite's suggestion for Vantage, but I'm also putting in a vote for Swordbreaker. Without it, her speed tier is moot vs opposing slow sword users with Swordbreaker, like Alm or Seliph. Not only that, but it also lets her beat opposing speedy swords who are too fast for her to double normally, such as oppsing Lucinas in addition to Marth and Eirika.

29 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Idk if someone forgot about it, but Rebecca learns Darting Blow 3 at 4* rarity too. Another option for skill inheritance fodder is always good.

Noted! I'll update the OP.

EDIT: Added her for Ardent Sacrifice and Silver Bow, too.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

Are there any good combinations of 3 and 4 star units for skill inheritance? Something like getting a full skill tree and special?

I'm not sure what you're asking here. Someone like Corrin (F) having access to two very good skill chains in Draconic Aura and Hone Atk inevitably wastes one of them when being used for inheritance.

29 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm not sure what you're asking here. Someone like Corrin (F) having access to two very good skill chains in Draconic Aura and Hone Atk inevitably wastes one of them when being used for inheritance.

Sorry, I think my assumption was wrong. Thx anyway

Plis best skills for a Ryoma i got ninian azura, nino lilina clair lachesisselenacamilla too i never defend all 5 stars. anytip for defence the coliseum? for defence the coliseum not atak defense. .

Edited by ignis_z

5 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Plis best skills for a Ryoma i got ninian azura, nino lilina clair lachesisselenacamilla too i never defend all 5 stars. anytip for defence the coliseum? for defence the coliseum not atak defense. .

I'm sorry, but I need to defer you to the Arena or General FAQ threads on the subforum.

Otherwise, color-stacking blue and/or ranged units is a simple go-to solution if you're looking for a defense win.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm sorry, but I need to defer you to the Arena or General FAQ threads on the subforum.

Otherwise, color-stacking blue and/or ranged units is a simple go-to solution if you're looking for a defense win.

Ok sorry and thanks.

15 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Who's a better candidate for Threaten Defense: -Attack Hector or (what I assume to be) +Attack -Speed Ike?

I would say Ike. 

Because of Hector's low mov, it's considerably more difficult to position him perfectly where the enemy gets debuffed on his turn without him taking damage first (and if they did hit him first, then Threaten Def is unnecessary since if they're both alive at the start of Hector's next turn, he can just finish them off anyways without help from Threaten Def). 

Ike, on the other hand, has double the mov, making it easier to position him for the debuff. 

(That said, my personal preference is to give my units team buffs, like Hone Atk or Spd, for their C-slots rather than Threaten skills, but to each their own)

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I would say Ike. 

Because of Hector's low mov, it's considerably more difficult to position him perfectly where the enemy gets debuffed on his turn without him taking damage first (and if they did hit him first, then Threaten Def is unnecessary since if they're both alive at the start of Hector's next turn, he can just finish them off anyways without help from Threaten Def). 

Ike, on the other hand, has double the mov, making it easier to position him for the debuff. 

(That said, my personal preference is to give my units team buffs, like Hone Atk or Spd, for their C-slots rather than Threaten skills, but to each their own)

Even if Hector has Vantage and Ike does not (because of Quick Riposte)?

If Hector is surrounded by enemies (and in Vantage HP range), and he debuffs all of them with Threaten Defense, he can net a kill on player phase and then proceed to kill the rest of the debuffed enemies on enemy phase. If it were Ike, he'd have to tank the enemy units on enemy phase before he could counterattack (although Ike would have a stronger counterattack). Do you think Ike would still be the better choice?