Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

Just now, Tragonight said:

Even if Hector has Vantage and Ike does not (because of Quick Riposte)?

If Hector is surrounded by enemies (and in Vantage HP range), and he debuffs all of them with Threaten Defense, he can net a kill on player phase and then proceed to kill the rest of the debuffed enemies on enemy phase. If it were Ike, he'd have to tank the enemy units on enemy phase before he could counterattack (although Ike would have a stronger counterattack). Do you think Ike would still be the better choice?

With the way I personally use Threaten skills, the user shouldn't be getting hit in the first place. You position right outside of enemy range so that when they come to you, they're just barely too far away to hurt you while you're exactly close enough to them on your next player phase to debuff them.

As for the way you're playing Hector...

There aren't too many units that he doesn't already OHKO with or without the Threaten Def debuff. If he's surrounded by enemies that you need the debuff for, you probably messed up somewhere in your positioning to begin with. 

You can still do that, of course, but I personally would still feel more comfortable with giving it to Ike. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have a +strength/-resistance r3 Beruka, would she benefit more from a Silver Axe or a Brave Axe?

26 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

So I have a +strength/-resistance r3 Beruka, would she benefit more from a Silver Axe or a Brave Axe?

Neither. 

Silver Axe and Brave Axe are meant to be used on units with high base attack, and Beruka has one of the lowest base attacks in the game. 

What would benefit her is if you gave her a Killer Axe, Quick Riposte, and Bonfire. Killer +  QR would allow her to proc Bonfire every round of combat, and that would scale off of her massive defense to provide a burst of damage every round of combat. If you wanted to make Beruka viable, that's probably the best set on her. 

@MaskedAmpharos,

What about Emerald Axe and making Beruka a green Subaki?

The issue I see with Beruka running a Wall of Fire and Sharp Things is that Michalis and Minerva outperform her because they have access to Hauteclare, a 16 MT Killer Axe, while possessing similar bulk. I think Cherche can off the build better than Beruka too at the cost of being more fragile. Sure, Michalis is a GHB unit and Minerva is rare, but their results are stronger in terms of ORKO counters.

Beruka might be better as just a (blue) wall. Not a counter killer, but just a wall.

Edited by Kaden

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@MaskedAmpharos,

What about Emerald Axe and making Beruka a green Subaki?

The issue I see with Beruka running a Wall of Fire and Sharp Things is that Michalis and Minerva outperform her because they have access to Hauteclare, a 16 MT Killer Axe, while possessing similar bulk. I think Cherche can off the build better than Beruka too at the cost of being more fragile. Sure, Michalis is a GHB unit and Minerva is rare, but their results are stronger in terms of ORKO counters.

Beruka might be better as just a (blue) wall. Not a counter killer, but just a wall.

You can do that, but with skill inheritance, even Subaki is better off with a Killer Bonfire set. 

There really isn't much use for a sheer wall when there are options out there that can both wall and deal damage, like Michalis (who already walls all lance users perfectly fine, and Beruka isn't going to enjoy taking hits from mages, WTA or not)

1 hour ago, ignis_z said:

Anyone could help me for a setup for my Lilian and Gordin? they have to much damage but im not sure wich skills i have to put them.

Lilina works best with inheriting Henry's Raudrraven+ tome and Triangle Adept in her A-slot, which allows her to completely shut down all green and colorless enemies. It's best to go with a breaker in her B-slot to make up for her low speed and allow her to double more and get more ORKOs. Swordbreaker is the most common option since with Raudrraven and T-Adept, she already shuts down axes, green mages, archers, and thieves. For her special, Iceberg is [ironically] the special that offers the most damage output for Lilina, though Draconic Aura does just about as much damage if you can't get Iceberg. 

This is the overall optimal set, but if you lack the resources to inherit Henry's tome, then her default Atk +3 is okay since T-Adept is only half as good if you don't have the raven tome. I would still run Swordbreaker on her though, if you can.

Gordin runs a pretty standard Brave Bow+ set. He really wants Death Blow in his A-slot as much as possible. His B-slot should likewise go to a breaker skill to allow him quad hits on units he wouldn't normally be able to ORKO. Because he's a colorless unit, his choices are flexible, so he could run just about any breaker. I personally like Swordbreaker best, but if you're running him alongside Lilina, she'll already be able to cover swords and axes. As such, giving him Lancebreaker may be more beneficial instead. Just take a look at your team's composition and decide what you need him to get rid of most. For his special, either Luna or Bonfire grant him the most overall damage output. Bonfire is more consistent while Luna depends on the enemy. If the enemy has more than 30 defense, then Luna offers more damage, but if the target has less than 30 defense, Bonfire will do more. Decide based on what enemies you run into more and skill inheritance availability.

For both of them (actually for any unit), C-skills are entirely dependent on the rest of the team, not the units themselves. Just go with a Hone/Fortify aura that benefits your team members most. For example, Lilina could have Hone Atk as her C skill to boost the damage output of Gordin while Gordin could have Fortify Def for his C-slot to boost Lilina's ability to tank and counter archers (especially if she doesn't have the -raven tome). It mainly depends on the rest of your team. Savage Blow or Breath of Life are also fairly safe options for ranged units, but I still personally prefer the utility of auras. 

Likewise, assist skills are more dependent on player preference than the unit in question, since most characters can make good use of basically any repositioning skill (like Reposition, Draw Back, or Swap). I personally think Draw Back and Reposition are best on ranged units, but arguments could be made for the other skills as well. Just go with you feel most comfortable with/have the inheritance fodder for. 

Seals depend on the rest of your team for who needs what, but I think Gordin is the best recipient of Atk +1 since he's a Brave user and thus gets twice the mileage out of it per hit. Lilina also appreciates Atk +1 but not as much as Gordin, so I like giving her HP +3 to help alleviate her squishiness. Neither of them are fast enough to care about Spd +1 to be honest.

So in summary:

Lilina

Spoiler
  • Weapon: Raudrraven+
  • Assist: Draw Back/Reposition
  • Special: Iceberg
  • A-slot: Triangle Adept
  • B-slot: Swordbreaker
  • C-slot: Flexible
  • Seal: HP +3

Gordin

Spoiler
  • Weapon: Brave Bow+
  • Special: Luna/Bonfire
  • A-slot: Death Blow
  • B-slot: Lancebreaker
  • Seal: Atk +1

Hope this helped!

Would Chrom be a good user of Brash Assault? Maybe not since he doesn't have an innate Defiant skill like Alfonse and Seliph have on their swords for added damage or protection. Then again, Bartre and Hinata don't have that either and they're pretty good with it as well. Problem is he's +HP, -Def, so, he's not going to be as bulky as he normally would be. Maybe that 4* Lissa that also showed up should give him Renewal.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Would Chrom be a good user of Brash Assault? Maybe not since he doesn't have an innate Defiant skill like Alfonse and Seliph have on their swords for added damage or protection. Then again, Bartre and Hinata don't have that either and they're pretty good with it as well. Problem is he's +HP, -Def, so, he's not going to be as bulky as he normally would be. Maybe that 4* Lissa that also showed up should give him Renewal.

Brash Assault is such a niche skill that I hesitate to even say the original owners are good users of them.

If you wanted to give Chrom doubling power, I would suggest either Swordbreaker or Quick Riposte as his B-skill. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Brash Assault is such a niche skill that I hesitate to even say the original owners are good users of them.

If you wanted to give Chrom doubling power, I would suggest either Swordbreaker or Quick Riposte as his B-skill. 

Eh, all right. It's niche, but it seems good on select characters.

Well, whatever, I'll just level up Chrom and see how he goes. Maybe I'll get another one who isn't -Def of all things.

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Eh, all right. It's niche, but it seems good on select characters.

Well, whatever, I'll just level up Chrom and see how he goes. Maybe I'll get another one who isn't -Def of all things.

If it makes you feel any better, my Chrom is +Res/-Def, which is probably one of the worst natures you could have on him lmao

He's also my only Falchion unit (technically he doesn't even have a Falchion since he's only at 4*)

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If it makes you feel any better, my Chrom is +Res/-Def, which is probably one of the worst natures you could have on him lmao

He's also my only Falchion unit (technically he doesn't even have a Falchion since he's only at 4*)

Lucina's my only Falchion unit. Chrom and Marth showed up as 4* units; Marth surprised me since I didn't know at the time he could be summoned as a 4*. Marth's +Res, -HP. Yeah... Might want to give him Renewal since he seems more support-y compared to Chrom.

Or how about a +Res, -Def Ephraim? Dude gives me flashbacks of 3* Oboro and the skill fodder +Res, -Atk Oboro getting doubled by sword units and losing over half of his health. It just happened yesterday in training tower: a Marth did 14x2 on him while Ephraim hit him once for ~25. It annoys me so much whenever that happens. I can understand if the unit has low defenses like Lon'qu or you're doing something stupid like using a low resistance unit to attack a dragon, but Ephraim and Oboro who are tanky getting killed sword units? Seriously!? None of my Oboros have -Def! Anyway, I digress.

So, this is more of a general question towards flyer and horse teams. The offensive units should have the defensive C-skills, right? For example, Frederick should have Fortify Cavalry. The offensive skills, however, is where I'm conflicted about. Titania can play as an offensive and a defensive unit who hard counters blues. With her taking little damage against blues, especially mages, she should probably have Hone Cavalry, but at the same time, she could still have Fortify Cavalry to be a defensive support unit.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

So, this is more of a general question towards flyer and horse teams. The offensive units should have the defensive C-skills, right? For example, Frederick should have Fortify Cavalry. The offensive skills, however, is where I'm conflicted about. Titania can play as an offensive and a defensive unit who hard counters blues. With her taking little damage against blues, especially mages, she should probably have Hone Cavalry, but at the same time, she could still have Fortify Cavalry to be a defensive support unit.

The general rule is that the support skills go on the units that need it the least (that's not to say they wouldn't benefit at all; they just benefit less than the other 3). 

I'd be able to give more specific advice if I had specific units to work with, but that's the general rule of thumb.

So for example, if I had a cavalry team of Reinhardt, Xander, Cecilia, and Titania (#thedream)...

I would give Titania Hone Cavalry since the other 3 make better use of the +6 Atk/Spd and Xander Fortify Cavalry. If I had extra fodder, I might also consider giving Fortify Cavalry to Cecilia so that Xander could receive the boost if necessary, but Ward Cavalry also works if you don't have spare fodder. Reinhardt is fine with his default Goad Cavalry. 

So for Xander, I've been thinking about forgoing Siegfried, and getting him Brave Sword+ since his Spd isn't high to begin with. 

Probably something like Fury 3/Death Blow, QR 3, and Hone Cavalry for A, B, C slots. As for Special maybe Ignis, to make the most of that Def? He's expected to get doubled a lot, but could it possibly be used as an advantage to charge up the special if I could get his Def to stack high to take little to no damage from Calvary buffs?

9 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Lilina works best with inheriting Henry's Raudrraven+ tome and Triangle Adept in her A-slot, which allows her to completely shut down all green and colorless enemies. It's best to go with a breaker in her B-slot to make up for her low speed and allow her to double more and get more ORKOs. Swordbreaker is the most common option since with Raudrraven and T-Adept, she already shuts down axes, green mages, archers, and thieves. For her special, Iceberg is [ironically] the special that offers the most damage output for Lilina, though Draconic Aura does just about as much damage if you can't get Iceberg. 

This is the overall optimal set, but if you lack the resources to inherit Henry's tome, then her default Atk +3 is okay since T-Adept is only half as good if you don't have the raven tome. I would still run Swordbreaker on her though, if you can.

Gordin runs a pretty standard Brave Bow+ set. He really wants Death Blow in his A-slot as much as possible. His B-slot should likewise go to a breaker skill to allow him quad hits on units he wouldn't normally be able to ORKO. Because he's a colorless unit, his choices are flexible, so he could run just about any breaker. I personally like Swordbreaker best, but if you're running him alongside Lilina, she'll already be able to cover swords and axes. As such, giving him Lancebreaker may be more beneficial instead. Just take a look at your team's composition and decide what you need him to get rid of most. For his special, either Luna or Bonfire grant him the most overall damage output. Bonfire is more consistent while Luna depends on the enemy. If the enemy has more than 30 defense, then Luna offers more damage, but if the target has less than 30 defense, Bonfire will do more. Decide based on what enemies you run into more and skill inheritance availability.

For both of them (actually for any unit), C-skills are entirely dependent on the rest of the team, not the units themselves. Just go with a Hone/Fortify aura that benefits your team members most. For example, Lilina could have Hone Atk as her C skill to boost the damage output of Gordin while Gordin could have Fortify Def for his C-slot to boost Lilina's ability to tank and counter archers (especially if she doesn't have the -raven tome). It mainly depends on the rest of your team. Savage Blow or Breath of Life are also fairly safe options for ranged units, but I still personally prefer the utility of auras. 

Likewise, assist skills are more dependent on player preference than the unit in question, since most characters can make good use of basically any repositioning skill (like Reposition, Draw Back, or Swap). I personally think Draw Back and Reposition are best on ranged units, but arguments could be made for the other skills as well. Just go with you feel most comfortable with/have the inheritance fodder for. 

Seals depend on the rest of your team for who needs what, but I think Gordin is the best recipient of Atk +1 since he's a Brave user and thus gets twice the mileage out of it per hit. Lilina also appreciates Atk +1 but not as much as Gordin, so I like giving her HP +3 to help alleviate her squishiness. Neither of them are fast enough to care about Spd +1 to be honest.

So in summary:

Lilina

Reveal hidden contents
  • Weapon: Raudrraven+
  • Special: Iceberg
  • A-slot: Triangle Adept
  • B-slot: Swordbreaker
  • Seal: HP +3

Gordin

Reveal hidden contents
  • Weapon: Brave Bow+
  • Special: Luna/Bonfire
  • A-slot: Death Blow
  • B-slot: Lancebreaker
  • Seal: Atk +1

Hope this helped!

Wow It helps, i got only triangle adept 2 and atak +3 then is better to put her atak +3?. 

Gordin i have bowbreaker for kill Takumis in atak. And atak +4 i only have death blow 2....

But my problem is the defences in Coliseum i never dedend.

I got Lilina Gordin, Ryoma, clair, faye, Azura, Ninian, nino ... Since two weeks never! ;(

Gordin

Edited by ignis_z

10 hours ago, komasa said:

So for Xander, I've been thinking about forgoing Siegfried, and getting him Brave Sword+ since his Spd isn't high to begin with. 

Probably something like Fury 3/Death Blow, QR 3, and Hone Cavalry for A, B, C slots. As for Special maybe Ignis, to make the most of that Def? He's expected to get doubled a lot, but could it possibly be used as an advantage to charge up the special if I could get his Def to stack high to take little to no damage from Calvary buffs?

If you dump Sieg, what you have isn't a Xander, it's a Eldigan. Their spreads are almost identical, so the only difference are their Prf swords and Eldigan having access to IVs (and merges).

I mean, if you want a Eldigan-lite, that's fine, but I feel like Xander should stay Xander.

35 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

If you dump Sieg, what you have isn't a Xander, it's a Eldigan. Their spreads are almost identical, so the only difference are their Prf swords and Eldigan having access to IVs (and merges).

I mean, if you want a Eldigan-lite, that's fine, but I feel like Xander should stay Xander.

You do have a good point there. Xander can keep his Sieg in that case. Thanks ;)

Anyone Could help me for a setup on Lachesis, for defence the Coliseum, yes i know is a healer bit the unic time i got a defence in Coliseum was with her, i never dedend i dont know what can i  do. Thanks.

On 5/4/2017 at 11:29 PM, MaskedAmpharos said:

On 5/4/2017 at 9:46 PM, Kaden said:

The only character I know who really benefits from Brash Assault is Lyn.  When she hits the HP threshold for it she will proceed to sweep the enemy team.  Other than her I'm not sure anyone else combos off the skill well.

53 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

The only character I know who really benefits from Brash Assault is Lyn.  When she hits the HP threshold for it she will proceed to sweep the enemy team.  Other than her I'm not sure anyone else combos off the skill well.

It's really only Lyn because she's the only person that can run both Brash Assault and Desperation (which is built into Sol Katti). 

The main weakness of Brash Assault is that by the time you're low enough for it to activate, you really don't want to be taking any enemy counterattacks. Sol Katti fixes this by allowing both of your attacks to come out at once, which is often enough to eliminate the enemy. Since Lyn's the only one that has Sol Katti, she's the only one that can run Brash Assault effectively (someone else could potentially use the same combo in the future if a new hero comes out with a weapon that has built-in Brash Assault, but until then only Lyn can do this). 

3 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's really only Lyn because she's the only person that can run both Brash Assault and Desperation (which is built into Sol Katti). 

The main weakness of Brash Assault is that by the time you're low enough for it to activate, you really don't want to be taking any enemy counterattacks. Sol Katti fixes this by allowing both of your attacks to come out at once, which is often enough to eliminate the enemy. Since Lyn's the only one that has Sol Katti, she's the only one that can run Brash Assault effectively (someone else could potentially use the same combo in the future if a new hero comes out with a weapon that has built-in Brash Assault, but until then only Lyn can do this). 

Actually, the slow, bulky units that favor brash tend to have enough HP and Def to require 3HKOs. Meaning: Even while below half, it takes 2 hits to kill them, and dumping spd means they usually have enough Atk to 2HKO without problems, preventing the second counter hit.

15 hp Alfonse (6 hp below half), for example, kills 65 dudes with Brash and his Prf Weapon (+5 buff counted).

It's not L&D Cordelia's 90+, but his numbers are pretty much decent all around. 80ish at 21, 65 at 15, and 50ish at 10. (Incidently, Bartre with a Brave Axe+ has some great numbers below 50%. He has 74 wins with =Nature at 15 hp, 68 at 10 hp, fighting base enemies. 78 wins at 24 hp, implying that the people who kill him even while in critical condition are pretty much only reds, given that losing 9 hp to 15 only gave him 2 more losses.)

The glassy ass cannons that 2HKO even bulky units tend to be in range to get 1HKOd by one-punch builds like Alfonse or Chrom. 62 damage a hit hurts like hell. [35 base, 16 wep, 6 Death Blow, 5 Defiant Atk from Prf]

Edit: It's kind of like why L&D Brave Bow+ on TKJ is so deadly, everyone bulky enough to survive 2 hits tend to lose enough spd to get doubled to death, and everyone fast enough to avoid the double tends to be squishy enough to get 2HKOd.

Edited by DehNutCase

So I'm working on Ike and my 5* fliers at the moment and trying to think of best inheritance for them. 

For Ike he's at his default skills., Ragnell, Aether, Heavy Blade, and Swordbreaker 3. Not sure what to put for assist skill and C Skill to give him

For my Cordelia I have Brave Lance+, Galeforce, Triangle, Adept 3, Vantage 3,.  Not sure what to put for assist skill and C Skill.  I was think at least Hone Attack 3 for C Skill

For my Camilla Spring.  I have Green Egg+, Rally Attack, Glowing ember, Defiant Spd 3, Live for Bounty and Spur Def 2.  I had previous move skill from 3* Robin M to give her special and C skill to have.  With her I'm not sure what route to take her.  I can't give her a different 5* weapon since my only 5* green mage is Robin F and with feather promotion to make 5* unit to transfer a skill.  I was thinking of doing that to a 4* Selena to 5* Selena for Triangle Adept 3 to transfer to that Robin F as well. So I'm bit stuck on what to change up with her skills.

The last flier is 5* Cherche with hammer +, Pivot, Bonfire, Attack+3, Drag Back, Fortify Def 3. Can't change the weapon at this time as well since I don't want to lose Spring Chrom

On popular skills I have .  I have 4* Hianta with Fury 3.  I was going to be giving that to Lucina unless Defiant Speed 3 is better for her and fury 3 for one of these 4. Moonbow I got 4 Odin 1 4* and 3 3* I have threaten defense 3 from extra 4* peri, I got 3 Corrin F 3* which I can promote for Hone Atk3, 2 4* Sully for Spur Def 3, I got Foritfy Res 3 today I can spare, wing mercy 3, escape route 3 and various 2 version of stuff or special that are charge 3.  Also access to extra Grand battle Heroes

Also is their basic list of Assist skills are good for certain types of characters?

Edited by Skids

For +ATK, -HP Hector with Vantage 3 activation skill - Bonfire (73 damage on 3 count) or Ignis (85 damage on 4 count)?

I'm thinking Bonfire but is there any reason to take Ignis over it (sure it will one shot everyone in the game, but I'm thinking the more frequent activations on Ignis are more worthwhile).

3 hours ago, Skids said:

The last flier is 5* Cherche with hammer +, Pivot, Bonfire, Attack+3, Drag Back, Fortify Def 3. Can't change the weapon at this time as well since I don't want to lose Spring Chrom

What would losing Spring Chrom have to do with Cherche? Do you have a spare Barst, Camilla, or Raven? The main offensive build for Cherche is Brave Axe and unless the reason is because Spring Chrom has a Brave Axe, I don't see why giving Cherche a weapon would affect him. Even then, it would be better to keep Spring Chrom however he is and give Cherche a Brave Axe if you can. You'd end up with 2 good units.