Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Flipping back and forth between Tier 20 and Tier 19 is still pretty good. That is an average of 2,500 feathers per week.

Once Tier 20 has more players, it will be easier to stay.

And how Many points is required for stay in 20?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ignis_z said:

And how Many points is required for stay in 20?

I have no idea. At least 4900 for now I think. It will be lower in the future.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

I have no idea. At least 4900 for now I think. It will be lower in the future.

Thanks dude, i dont win enough points per combat, but no problem im happy for reach 20 FTP.

Hmm.. I've been wondering I might be able to do with my Summer Freddy. I do quite like him being such a good debuffer, and has gotten me out of a few jams in the new TT. He's +Res -SPD which I don't really think is ideal, but he takes the magic hits on my team away from Lukas (who just falls to them) The extra res does help a little in that regard. I wouldn't mind eventually having him as an attacker with a poison dagger if I ever draw another Kagero, but for the time being I'm running seashell+. I've not really made a dagger user before so I'm not entirely sure what kind of skills work for them. I'd assume L&D would work if I go the poison dagger route, but for debuffer not sure. Right now he's on my TT team wth Celica Lukas and Clarine (Lukas and Clarine are the only ones I've SI'd) and I havent given him any other skills apart from the seal atk/spd B skill. Would other skills (like threaten skills) stack with the effects of the dagger and B skill or should I even bother with that? Was thinking of threaten attack or speed to make up for Freddys bane

Ok, so I just threw 200 orbs at the Tempest Trial banner in a fruitless attempt to get one of the bonus heroes, but only wound up with some other (admittedly nevertheless nice) stuff. As I've been out of the loop regarding Heroes for while, I thought I'd ask here about some skill optimizing regarding my new dudes:

• I've got a second Eirika (the first one is +Atk/-HP, the second +Spd/-HP). I'd assume the former is better though as her Atk is pretty low otherwise? Also, regarding her skillset: I have Sieglinde/Rally Def/Hone Spd already for a master buffset and swordbreaker seems fairly obvious as well, but what about the rest? I'm not sure about Moonbow vs Iceberg, while Fury should still be optimal, I believe?
  • I also finally have a Nino now who isn't -Atk, so I'm gonna promote her soon. +Spd/Res seems superior to +Atk/Res, but is there any consensus on whether Fury or Life and Death are better for her? Or is it all a matter of preference regarding more bulk/offense?
  • Any good builds for Roderick that let him keep his Firesweep Lance? I got two of them sitting around now and I know there's potential for a Brave set, but that's already Abel's job, so...
  • Finally, what useful things can Rebecca do? I have one who's +Spd/-HP, but she's got concurrence from Klein and Takumi already, so I don't have much of an idea about what to do with her.

I finally pulled Faye! She's +Spd, but -Atk. I know Faye in general isn't that great to begin with, and having an attack bane probably makes her even worse. But due to my favoritism, and as a F2P player, I'm going to take what I can get and use her.

I've been looking around for some skills, but I'm not sure what would be best for her. I'm thinking Fury + Renewal could possibly work, so she gets the buffs in all stats, while healing herself so she doesn't die from attacking too much.

Also looking for suggestions for her assist and special. I gave her Glacies, but maybe something else would work better?

7 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Dudes i got a horse emblem, but i dont know wich buffs to put on them. I got Cecilia, Reinhardt and eldigan. Wich hone fortify etc i put? For defense and ofense. Thanks.

Get a fourth pony as well. Eldigan should have Hone Cavalry or Fortify Cavalry, and the fourth pony should have whatever Eldigan does not. Reinhardt and Cecilia follow the same pattern. You should have two Hone Cavalry and two Fortify Cavalry skills on your team.

When you place them on your defense team, make sure the your units alternate between Hone and Fortify. For example, if Slot 1 has Hone, then slot 2 should have Fortify, slot 3 Hone, slot 4 Fortify.

I do not recommend Goad or Ward since it does not help Blade tomes as much.

4 hours ago, Sias said:
Spoiler

Ok, so I just threw 200 orbs at the Tempest Trial banner in a fruitless attempt to get one of the bonus heroes, but only wound up with some other (admittedly nevertheless nice) stuff. As I've been out of the loop regarding Heroes for while, I thought I'd ask here about some skill optimizing regarding my new dudes:

• I've got a second Eirika (the first one is +Atk/-HP, the second +Spd/-HP). I'd assume the former is better though as her Atk is pretty low otherwise? Also, regarding her skillset: I have Sieglinde/Rally Def/Hone Spd already for a master buffset and swordbreaker seems fairly obvious as well, but what about the rest? I'm not sure about Moonbow vs Iceberg, while Fury should still be optimal, I believe?
  • I also finally have a Nino now who isn't -Atk, so I'm gonna promote her soon. +Spd/Res seems superior to +Atk/Res, but is there any consensus on whether Fury or Life and Death are better for her? Or is it all a matter of preference regarding more bulk/offense?
  • Any good builds for Roderick that let him keep his Firesweep Lance? I got two of them sitting around now and I know there's potential for a Brave set, but that's already Abel's job, so...
  • Finally, what useful things can Rebecca do? I have one who's +Spd/-HP, but she's got concurrence from Klein and Takumi already, so I don't have much of an idea about what to do with her.

Spoiler

If you are not using Eirika offensively, +Spd is better.

Sieglinde, Rally Def, Escutcheon/Aegis
Fury, Wings of Mercy/Renewal, Hone Speed
Rally Res Sacred Seal

Escutcheon/Aegis and Fury helps her survive. Wings of Mercy allows her to teleport to her teammates. Rally Res Sacred Seal is to complete her buff.

Alternatively you can try the following:

Sieglinde, Rally Def/Res, Escutcheon/Aegis
Spur Def Sacred Seal

Using Rally Def/Res (that is one skill) instead of Rally Def and Rally Res Sacred Seal frees up her Sacred Seal slot.

To use her offensively:

+Atk -Res
Sieglinde, Moonbow
Life and Death, Swordbreaker
Player Phase 98:4:44
Player Phase (+Atk -HP) 94:8:40

— — — — — — —

Life and Death is always superior. Fury is there if you cannot afford Life and Death. Nino should not be hit on Enemy Phase in the first place, so increasing her bulk at the expense of offensive power does not make sense. She will either need a Dancer/Singer or another unit with positioning Assist to get her out of enemy range.

— — — — — — —

Roderick +Spd -Res
Firesweep L
Player Phase 103:0:43
Player Phase (Lancebreaker) 100:0:46

You can use Moonbow if you have Quicken Pulse. If you do not have Quicken Pulse, Luna may be better if he can activate it in his second round of combat.

— — — — — — —

There is no reason not to use the best build on everyone if you can afford it. If you cannot or want something different, you can turn Rebecca into a debuffer with [Firesweep Bow, Poison Strike/Seal Stat, Savage Blow].

2 hours ago, Lemmy said:

Anyone have any nice builds for summer tiki, I have 2,000 points to spend.

I already added Fury, Vantage, Renewal, and Ardent Sacrifice.

Summer!A!Tiki +Atk -Res
Brave Axe, Luna
Life and Death, Axebreaker
Player Phase 110:21:15

Summer!A!Tiki +Atk -Res
Melon Crusher, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 103:15:28
Enemy Phase (Fury 3) 63:8:75

I would save up those 2,000 Feathers if you do not have those skills.

2 hours ago, Carter said:

I finally pulled Faye! She's +Spd, but -Atk. I know Faye in general isn't that great to begin with, and having an attack bane probably makes her even worse. But due to my favoritism, and as a F2P player, I'm going to take what I can get and use her.

I've been looking around for some skills, but I'm not sure what would be best for her. I'm thinking Fury + Renewal could possibly work, so she gets the buffs in all stats, while healing herself so she doesn't die from attacking too much.

Also looking for suggestions for her assist and special. I gave her Glacies, but maybe something else would work better?

I am going to copy and paste myself.

1 hour ago, XRay said:
Spoiler

Using that nature as a glass cannon is terrible. This is the build you want for Faye as a glass cannon:

Faye +Atk -Res
Brave Bow, Luna
Death Blow, Swordbreaker
Player Phase 96:5:45

I gave her Swordbreaker since that gives her the most kills. You can give her whatever Breaker you want to tackle enemies you have the most trouble dealing with.

— — — — — — —

The copy that you have now serves a different purpose. She can be a great debuffer. Just use her as you would use a dagger unit.

Faye +Spd -Atk
Firesweep Bow, Iceberg
Close Defense, Poison Strike/Seal Stat, Savage Blow

Close Defense allows her to survive the most, as she primarily dies to melee attacks. However, you can also give her Distant Defense instead if you find her getting attacked from a distance more often.

Poison Strike is her primary method of damage, and it allows allied physical or magical glass cannons to finish off the weakened unit. Using Seal Defense or Seal Resistance is more preferable, but it depends on her teammates. If she has primarily physical teammates, go with Seal Defense; magical teammates, Seal Resistance; mixed teammates, all three work fine. I have not found Seal Attack or Seal Speed particularly useful, but you can use them if it suits your play style more.

Savage Blow is there to weaken groups of enemies. You can also use Panic Ploy if that is more your thing.

— — — — — — —

This is a better version of the debuffer since she can deal damage too. Just do not let her get attacked.

Faye +Atk -Def/-Res
Firesweep Bow, Moonbow/Luna/Iceberg
Death Blow, Poison Strike/Seal Stat, Savage Blow

This build is similar to the one above, but you can use it to kite armor units and kill Hector in about 3 turns. Just do not let her get hit.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, XRay said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you are not using Eirika offensively, +Spd is better.

Sieglinde, Rally Def, Escutcheon/Aegis
Rally Res Sacred Seal

Escutcheon/Aegis and Fury helps her survive. Wings of Mercy allows her to teleport to her teammates. Rally Res Sacred Seal is to complete her buff.

Alternatively you can try the following:

Sieglinde, Rally Def/Res, Escutcheon/Aegis
Spur Def Sacred Seal

Using Rally Def/Res (that is one skill) instead of Rally Def and Rally Res Sacred Seal frees up her Sacred Seal slot.

To use her offensively:

+Atk -Res
Sieglinde, Moonbow
Player Phase 98:4:44
Player Phase (+Atk -HP) 94:8:40

— — — — — — —

Life and Death is always superior. Fury is there if you cannot afford Life and Death. Nino should not be hit on Enemy Phase in the first place, so increasing her bulk at the expense of offensive power does not make sense. She will either need a Dancer/Singer or another unit with positioning Assist to get her out of enemy range.

— — — — — — —

Roderick +Spd -Res
Firesweep L
Player Phase 103:0:43
Player Phase (Lancebreaker) 100:0:46

You can use Moonbow if you have Quicken Pulse. If you do not have Quicken Pulse, Luna may be better if he can activate it in his second round of combat.

— — — — — — —

There is no reason not to use the best build on everyone if you can afford it. If you cannot or want something different, you can turn Rebecca into a debuffer with [Firesweep Bow, Poison Strike/Seal Stat, Savage Blow].

First of all, thank you for your advice. :)

Regarding Eirika, she's sort of... both? Like, she's usually hanging around and spreading buffs, but somewhat frequently pops out to dump a pesky ranged unit/someone green or to bodyblock and get a counter kill. I'm not sure whether I want to give her Rally Def/Spd though - while I do have two Rodericks, it nevertheless feels kind of wasteful to throw a 5 star away for a skill that could've been gotten from its 4 star version as well. Maybe when another one appears.

Nino and Roderick himself are aready in the works though, while Rebecca... Eh. I'm probably going to bench her for a while as I neither have a Firesweep Bow nor do I intent to sacrifice my Klein to get her a Brave Bow. Oh well.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Get a fourth pony as well. Eldigan should have Hone Cavalry or Fortify Cavalry, and the fourth pony should have whatever Eldigan does not. Reinhardt and Cecilia follow the same pattern. You should have two Hone Cavalry and two Fortify Cavalry skills on your team.

When you place them on your defense team, make sure the your units alternate between Hone and Fortify. For example, if Slot 1 has Hone, then slot 2 should have Fortify, slot 3 Hone, slot 4 Fortify.

I do not recommend Goad or Ward since it does not help Blade tomes as much.

Reveal hidden contents

THANKS! Then for atack Goad no?. My fourth will be Camus. Then i will use Camus, Rein, Eldigan Cecilia. wich buffs i put on atack and defense ( defense is ok) beacuse Camus has Goad too.

Edited by ignis_z

1 hour ago, ignis_z said:

THANKS! Then for atack Goad no?. My fourth will be Camus. Then i will use Camus, Rein, Eldigan Cecilia. wich buffs i put on atack and defense ( defense is ok) beacuse Camus has Goad too.

That will be fine for now.

Just now, ignis_z said:

but i have to put hone in camus too?  i want a good defense team and a good atack team.  hehehehe. 

Ideally, yes. Everyone should have either Hone or Fortify.

Im thinking to waste 20 k feather in chrom for give my Azura aether for win more BSTs. Its a bad idea? She has moonbow. I dont need to merge more héroes i have Alfonse and sharena and 20 k more for anna.

Edited by ignis_z

3 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Im thinking to waste 20 k feather in chrom for give my Azura aether for win more BSTs. Its a bad idea? She has moonbow. I dont need to merge more héroes i have Alfonse and sharena and 20 k more for anna.

Have you maxed out your skills yet on your core team? 20K for just a Special is not a good idea unless you have exhausted all other options first. And if your Chrom has a good nature, I would not sacrifice him.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Have you maxed out your skills yet on your core team? 20K for just a Special is not a good idea unless you have exhausted all other options first. And if your Chrom has a good nature, I would not sacrifice him.

Yes, i dont have luck for merged units.... Al my units has skills of sp cost 200. Only Ike QR2 and Azura WoM 2, and It is the same problem, i need a 5 stars subaki , and Frederic ( no luck for Caín Too) . Then, i thought in change 200 sp moonbow to 500 on aether, i dont atackk with her to much.

31 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Yes, i dont have luck for merged units.... Al my units has skills of sp cost 200. Only Ike QR2 and Azura WoM 2, and It is the same problem, i need a 5 stars subaki , and Frederic ( no luck for Caín Too) . Then, i thought in change 200 sp moonbow to 500 on aether, i dont atackk with her to much.

I would save your Feathers for now. The game gave out a lot of free Orbs this month, so you might want to summon more skill fodder. 20,000 Feathers for 1 skill is not worth it if you have not maxed out other skills yet. QR2 does not need to be maxed, and Wings of Mercy 3 can obtained from 4* Cain.

What is your team and their nature and skill set?

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would save your Feathers for now. The game gave out a lot of free Orbs this month, so you might want to summon more skill fodder. 20,000 Feathers for 1 skill is not worth it if you have not maxed out other skills yet. QR2 does not need to be maxed, and Wings of Mercy 3 can obtained from 4* Cain.

What is your team and their nature and skill set?

Qr3 gives more bST than 2. More sp.

Ike heavy 3, qr2, threaten Def 3, aether. Alfonse, folkavrg (useles prefer Brave but is a legendary and more sp cost) death 3, axebreaker 3, hone atack 3. Nino (+1)fury desperation hone atack all 3, moonbow ,Azura armoured blow 3( sp cost 200 or 300) WoM 2, hone speed 3, moonbow. Got seals in all the units. Range points 686-690 It sucks. I reached tier 20 with camus fury qr 2 but with this maximum special atack. But now i cant reach 20 another time with those points.

Edited by ignis_z

42 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Qr3 gives more bST than 2. More sp.

Ike heavy 3, qr2, threaten Def 3, aether. Alfonse, folkavrg (useles prefer Brave but is a legendary and more sp cost) death 3, axebreaker 3, hone atack 3. Nino (+1)fury desperation hone atack all 3, moonbow ,Azura armoured blow 3( sp cost 200 or 300) WoM 2, hone speed 3, moonbow. Got seals in all the units. Range points 686-690 It sucks. I reached tier 20 with camus fury qr 2 but with this maximum special atack. But now i cant reach 20 another time with those points.

QR3 gives a higher score, but it is not worth 20,000 Feathers in my opinion.

Have you given everyone an Assist, and Alfonse a Special? I would fill in every skill slot before I dump 20,000 Feathers onto Aether.

Is your Nino 5*? Promoting her to 5* will improve her stats and give you a higher score. I would not promote her if she does not have a good nature though.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

QR3 gives a higher score, but it is not worth 20,000 Feathers in my opinion.

Have you given everyone an Assist, and Alfonse a Special? I would fill in every skill slot before I dump 20,000 Feathers onto Aether.

Is your Nino 5*? Promoting her to 5* will improve her stats and give you a higher score. I would not promote her if she does not have a good nature though.

yes my nino is 5 star,  - hp + atak. (best i got). Yes all has assist skill i forgot. Alfonse reposition ike switch, azura dance and nino draw back. Sorry.

2 hours ago, ignis_z said:

yes my nino is 5 star,  - hp + atak. (best i got). Yes all has assist skill i forgot. Alfonse reposition ike switch, azura dance and nino draw back. Sorry.

20,000 for Azura may be worth it then if there is nothing else to fill.

Edited by XRay