Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, XRay said:

20,000 for Azura may be worth it then if there is nothing else to fill.

My azure is 5 stars all of them then i wasted my orbs in ninno banner no luck like always... i will have to use 20k for aether on azura and increase the bst... FTP world sucks.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Finally i got 20k feathers i have cecilia reinhardt and eldigan is a good idea use them in Camus? For a HE? dont have more golde units.

Pony teams are good. If you can resist the urge to invest in Eldigan, you can wait for Xander instead. Xander is much better in my opinion.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Pony teams are good. If you can resist the urge to invest in Eldigan, you can wait for Xander instead. Xander is much better in my opinion.

Mmm eldigan + at has 60 with the buf uff . And u can change fury 3( 57 at) for diatant counter. And has a decent res, also i dont have Xander. 

19 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Mmm eldigan + at has 60 with the buf uff . And u can change fury 3( 57 at) for diatant counter. And has a decent res, also i dont have Xander. 

If you can wait for Xander, he should be available within maybe two or three months. Ever since I got Xander, I benched Eldigan.

Xander
Siegfried, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 101:11:34

Eldigan +Atk -Res
Mystletainn, Bonfire
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 101:26:19

Edited by XRay

10 hours ago, XRay said:

If you can wait for Xander, he should be available within maybe two or three months. Ever since I got Xander, I benched Eldigan.

Xander
Siegfried, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 101:11:34

Eldigan +Atk -Res
Mystletainn, Bonfire
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 101:26:19

Thanks dude ill think on it, also anyway i dont have Xander.

Ik this is a bit early and all since this banner came out recently and people probably have no clue on how to build her. But I need serious help with DELTHEA.

delthea is going to be in a team of 4 with group partners such as-

delthea

ike or alm 

azura (dancer)

camilla or a bow user (if I score a takumi)

i did some work and deep thinking and I'd say this is going to be my main team. I wish I had a better (green) unit but unfortunately none seem to catch my eye instead of camilla, Julia or Sonya which I don't have.

i scored TWO Delthea's in my recent pull and so they're merged into one, the IVS for my Delthea are +ATK/-DEF, I don't how to build her so I felt like Serena's forest are the people I needed to ask, everyone here seem to be experts after all. thank you for the assitance!

Edited by jaaason_d14

10 minutes ago, jaaason_d14 said:

Ik this is a bit early and all since this banner came out recently and people probably have no clue on how to build her. But I need serious help with DELTHEA.

delthea is going to be in a team of 4 with group partners such as-

delthea

ike or alm 

azura (dancer)

camilla or a bow user (if I score a takumi)

i did some work and deep thinking and I'd say this is going to be my main team. I wish I had a better (green) unit but unfortunately none seem to catch my eye instead of camilla, Julia or Sonya which I don't have.

i scored TWO Delthea's in my recent pull and so they're merged into one, the IVS for my Delthea are +ATK/-DEF, I don't how to build her so I felt like Serena's forest are the people I needed to ask, everyone here seem to be experts after all. thank you for the assitance!

It does not matter how recently a unit is released, almost all units follow a few standardized builds depending on how you want to use it. Since Delthea is a tome user, you want to give her Blárblade, Moonbow, Life and Death, and Breaker/Desperation.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Since Delthea is a tome user, you want to give her Blárblade, Moonbow, Life and Death, and Breaker/Desperation.

@jaaason_d14

Delthea's Dark Aura gives a +6 Atk buff to adjacent melee-range weapon users at the beginning of the turn, which synergizes well with his team. Dark Aura having 14 base Atk on top of +Atk Delthea's 39 Atk (boosted to 40 by the +1 merge) gives her more than good enough Atk to handle what she needs to without the need for Blarblade+.

I'd personally go for Dark Aura, Draconic Aura, Life and Death, and Desperation. The one problem is that she's actually 1 Atk short from being able to 1-hit kill +0 neutral Fury Ryoma and fails to double attack, which could be a problem due to her abysmal physical bulk, but I suppose that's what Dark Aura-boosted Ike and Azura are for.

Edited by Ice Dragon

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@jaaason_d14

Delthea's Dark Aura gives a +6 Atk buff to adjacent melee-range weapon users at the beginning of the turn, which synergizes well with his team. Dark Aura having 14 base Atk on top of +Atk Delthea's 39 Atk (boosted to 40 by the +1 merge) gives her more than good enough Atk to handle what she needs to without the need for Blarblade+.

I'd personally go for Dark Aura, Draconic Aura, Life and Death, and Desperation. The one problem is that she's actually 1 Atk short from being able to 1-hit kill +0 neutral Fury Ryoma and fails to double attack, which could be a problem due to her abysmal physical bulk, but I suppose that's what Dark Aura-boosted Ike and Azura are for.

It boils down to play style. I prefer melee units to be supporting ranged glass cannons than the other way around. Ranged units can attack something and then be Assisted out of enemy range, and in that arrangement, it is more likely that both units will be out of enemy range. On the other hand, having a melee unit attack something and then have another unit Assist the melee out, it is more likely for the Assisting unit to be in enemy range. Maximizing ranged unit's offensive potential is more important in my opinion since it is generally safer for the Assisting unit involved.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

It boils down to play style. I prefer melee units to be supporting ranged glass cannons than the other way around. Ranged units can attack something and then be Assisted out of enemy range, and in that arrangement, it is more likely that both units will be out of enemy range. On the other hand, having a melee unit attack something and then have another unit Assist the melee out, it is more likely for the Assisting unit to be in enemy range. Maximizing ranged unit's offensive potential is more important in my opinion since it is generally safer for the Assisting unit involved.

Both Ike and Azura have good enemy-phase performance at advantage, so there's often no harm in just walking them into enemy range without assisting them out. Furthermore, Azura is a dancer, meaning you can dance your melee unit and have them move themselves back and Reposition Azura out at the same time, which puts you exactly the same distance away as if you had simply Repositioned a ranged glass cannon.

Delthea has amazing offensive and support presence with Dark Aura, and it's a hard argument to make to pass up +6 Atk to all of your melee units when all of your other units are melee.

Also, +6 Atk from Dark Aura helps Ike out a lot if he's running Heavy Blade instead of Fury.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Both Ike and Azura have good enemy-phase performance at advantage, so there's often no harm in just walking them into enemy range without assisting them out. Furthermore, Azura is a dancer, meaning you can dance your melee unit and have them move themselves back and Reposition Azura out at the same time, which puts you exactly the same distance away as if you had simply Repositioned a ranged glass cannon.

Delthea has amazing offensive and support presence with Dark Aura, and it's a hard argument to make to pass up +6 Atk to all of your melee units when all of your other units are melee.

Also, +6 Atk from Dark Aura helps Ike out a lot if he's running Heavy Blade instead of Fury.

That is if they all stick together. You often need to split your own team up to bait the enemy team apart. Blade tomes can function well with just one partner or many.

Dark Aura needs her team to surround her to maximize its effect. And if you split the team up, Delthea is effectively giving up her offensive potential to boost one melee ally.

Generally, the team is going to be split between Ike and Azura on one side, and Delthea and Camilla on another. Delthea and Azura are both blues, so it is not recommended to stick them both together unless you really need to bait something green. Camilla is not the most powerful of units, so keeping her with Azura is just reducing Azura's potential.

It is down to player's preferences. We all have different play styles. I just find her tome effect underwhelming given the current meta game that primarily revolves around mages.

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

what is the skill of choice for dancers on non defense teams? Wings of mercy or escape route?

WoM, even if it is weaker (which I don't think it is), has the advantage of being the 'defense choice,' meaning you won't have to swap it up if you were using the dancer for the defense team as well as your non defense team. (Same reason I keep WoM on B!Cordelia---it's just too much hassle to swap to desperation and back.)

If we ignore defense utility for the moment... I'd still go WoM. For TT escape route is very good, letting a dancer teleport everywhere if she gets below half, but A, that loses a turn unless the dancer can ORKO (rare), and B, I personally prefer my dancers to be at full hp, since they're both the worst combat unit (most likely to explode) and the most valuable unit assuming my other units aren't crap.

WoM also has synergy advantage, in that it lets everyone teleport to one person if that person is low, letting you get the whole team together for stuff like: Cordelia initiates, goes to half, WoM B!Cordelia comes in, murders a dude, WoM Azura comes in, dances Cordelia, finishes off the last person in range to threaten the trio. That only happens if you're running multiple WoM in a team, though. By itself either is fine, I think.

So:

If you aren't using the dancer on defense, and you aren't using more than one B-slot mobility skill, use escape route because it's far easier to get (and less valuable), otherwise use WoM.

13 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

WoM, even if it is weaker (which I don't think it is), has the advantage of being the 'defense choice,' meaning you won't have to swap it up if you were using the dancer for the defense team as well as your non defense team. (Same reason I keep WoM on B!Cordelia---it's just too much hassle to swap to desperation and back.)

If we ignore defense utility for the moment... I'd still go WoM. For TT escape route is very good, letting a dancer teleport everywhere if she gets below half, but A, that loses a turn unless the dancer can ORKO (rare), and B, I personally prefer my dancers to be at full hp, since they're both the worst combat unit (most likely to explode) and the most valuable unit assuming my other units aren't crap.

WoM also has synergy advantage, in that it lets everyone teleport to one person if that person is low, letting you get the whole team together for stuff like: Cordelia initiates, goes to half, WoM B!Cordelia comes in, murders a dude, WoM Azura comes in, dances Cordelia, finishes off the last person in range to threaten the trio. That only happens if you're running multiple WoM in a team, though. By itself either is fine, I think.

So:

If you aren't using the dancer on defense, and you aren't using more than one B-slot mobility skill, use escape route because it's far easier to get (and less valuable), otherwise use WoM.

Thank you for the information. The only warping I've ever done was the escape route 2 on Anna's Naotun. I do have one 4 star Cain, but he is +Atk/-Def, which is pretty good and I may invest in some day. For now I think I ought to grab WoM 2 from promoting a 3 star frederick, and New Moon as well for my Olivia, so that she has a special skill of some kind.

I pulled a +Atk/-Res Delthea this morning (yay!) and was deliberating on what skills I should build her towards. I definitely want to keep Dark Aura as her weapon, I plan on giving her Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang for a special, and as of now she has Draw Back as an assist. I'm mostly just looking for different perspectives on how to build her since I'd like to get her up and running for the Arena bonus hero change (presumably) soon.

For A Slot, I think I'm sticking with Death Blow, but I do have the option to give her Fury 3 as well. L+D isn't something I'm fond of atm because she's not +Spd; if she were, I would go L+D for sure.

For B Slot, this is something of a toss-up. I've already fed her Lancebreaker 3 simply b/c I'm running out of space for units and just wanted to get rid of some of my excess units. Vantage 3/Desperation 3 are the popular options but I have no donors for those two as of this writing.

For C Slot, sticking with native Atk Drive 2 is probably fine, and I don't have many Hone/Fortify stat donors. I can pass Threaten Res 3 from some of my 4* Nowi stock, but I felt that buffing other teammates with a 2-range spur would be a little better.

29 minutes ago, JHufself said:

I pulled a +Atk/-Res Delthea this morning (yay!) and was deliberating on what skills I should build her towards. I definitely want to keep Dark Aura as her weapon, I plan on giving her Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang for a special, and as of now she has Draw Back as an assist. I'm mostly just looking for different perspectives on how to build her since I'd like to get her up and running for the Arena bonus hero change (presumably) soon.

For A Slot, I think I'm sticking with Death Blow, but I do have the option to give her Fury 3 as well. L+D isn't something I'm fond of atm because she's not +Spd; if she were, I would go L+D for sure.

For B Slot, this is something of a toss-up. I've already fed her Lancebreaker 3 simply b/c I'm running out of space for units and just wanted to get rid of some of my excess units. Vantage 3/Desperation 3 are the popular options but I have no donors for those two as of this writing.

For C Slot, sticking with native Atk Drive 2 is probably fine, and I don't have many Hone/Fortify stat donors. I can pass Threaten Res 3 from some of my 4* Nowi stock, but I felt that buffing other teammates with a 2-range spur would be a little better.

Unless you have another unit that needs Life and Death, you can still give it to Dealthea and merge her into a better copy later. Her native Death Blow is okay if you are low on resources, but Life and Death makes her much more powerful.

So, this is for the people who use Lukas. Swap or Reposition? I'm feeling Swap more considering he's more a tank who can take the place of someone to wall crap out. Only reason I'm asking is Reposition is suggested for a typical Wall of Fire and Sharp Things build on gamepedia. I can understand why since Reposition can help get units out, but as a tank, Swap would work better except for the whole if you replace his Obstruct, enemies could go around and still kill your squishy units behind him.

And an in general thing, what on earth does Anna want? If you answer money, I will hurt you. :p

Alfonse is easy when I went with low budget, low effort Brash Assault and I know what Sharena kind of wants to do along with what special to give her, but Anna's weird. I have no idea what she really wants other than apparently the attack and resistance-based specials give her the same amount of damage unless she's running L&D, but part of me is holding out a new special being introduced that uses speed for damage which will probably never happen. There's Wings of Mercy for teleporting Anna shenanigans, but her default Vantage is good considering her low defense, Fury for general bulk and damage, L&D3 if you just want to go crazy with her, and then there's the T-Adept build for her which I'm not going with now considering Cancel Affinity exists and my paranoia of it. I guess Reposition could be a starting point to just give her an assist?

Edited by Kaden

@Kaden

1. Swap, definitely. Someone else on his team is likely running Reposition already, and a variety of assists are better than having multiples of the same assist.

2. Money. For skill fodder of course.

Infantry Axe is in a tight spot since the go-to is Brave Axe, and Anna already uses it worse than Raven and Legion. However, 50 Atk / 43 Spd isn't so bad with Nóatún, LaD, and Desperation. Just add Luna.

When in doubt, Reposition.

8 hours ago, Gustavos said:

what is the skill of choice for dancers on non defense teams? Wings of mercy or escape route?

Depends on how you play.

For most players (balanced or offensive play styles), Wings of Mercy is better because the dancer is likely to never be low on health to begin with. It synergizes really well with Desperation, and especially so in Tempest Trials.

I personally prefer Escape Route because my play style revolves around my units simply never taking damage. Escape Route synergizes well with Reciprocal Aid, again especially in Tempest Trials, where you can simply pass low HP to your dancer and have a dancer that can teleport to anyone at any time for the remainder of the run.

7 hours ago, Kaden said:

So, this is for the people who use Lukas. Swap or Reposition? I'm feeling Swap more considering he's more a tank who can take the place of someone to wall crap out. Only reason I'm asking is Reposition is suggested for a typical Wall of Fire and Sharp Things build on gamepedia. I can understand why since Reposition can help get units out, but as a tank, Swap would work better except for the whole if you replace his Obstruct, enemies could go around and still kill your squishy units behind him.

And an in general thing, what on earth does Anna want? If you answer money, I will hurt you. :p

Alfonse is easy when I went with low budget, low effort Brash Assault and I know what Sharena kind of wants to do along with what special to give her, but Anna's weird. I have no idea what she really wants other than apparently the attack and resistance-based specials give her the same amount of damage unless she's running L&D, but part of me is holding out a new special being introduced that uses speed for damage which will probably never happen. There's Wings of Mercy for teleporting Anna shenanigans, but her default Vantage is good considering her low defense, Fury for general bulk and damage, L&D3 if you just want to go crazy with her, and then there's the T-Adept build for her which I'm not going with now considering Cancel Affinity exists and my paranoia of it. I guess Reposition could be a starting point to just give her an assist?

You should play with all three popular Assist skills more and see what you like. After about a month or so of experimenting, I stopped using Draw Back and Swap and sent most of those skill fodder home if they do not have another skill I want. I spam Reposition on everyone since then. You might like the variety as @MrSmokestack suggested, or you might prefer just one or two of them.

I use Anna on my defense team mostly, so I plan to give her Wings of Mercy and probably let her keep Nóatún. A teleporting Anna is not as scary as a teleporting Hector, but I will give Anna Reciprocal Aid to heal her Hector allies, so that will be pretty fun.

Updated the OP with the skills from Ylissean Summer and Echoes of Mystery. I'll hold on adding the skills from Alm and Celica's Army until those banners end, but I did add inheritance restrictions from the skills on those banners where applicable, most notably Cancel Affinity. Other changes include:

1. Removed Wo Dao from the list of 5* Exclusive skills.
2. Added the following 5* Exclusive skills:
Weapons

• Deft Harpoon
  • Melon Crusher
  • Raudrowl
  • Refreshing Bolt
  • Seashell

Passives

• Atk Ploy 3
  • Axe Valor 3
  • Close Defense 3
  • Def Ploy 3
  • Fire Boost 3
  • HP and Defense +2
  • Lance Valor 3
  • Panic Ploy 3
  • Seal Atk and Speed 2
  • Sturdy Blow 2

3. Added Dark Aura and Dark Excalibur to the list of uninheritable skills

4. Added Katarina as being able to pass Swift Sparrow as a 5*

5. Added Athena as a candidate for passing the following skills as a 4*: Wo Dao, Moonbow, Sword Experience 3

6. Added Roderick as a candidate for passing the following skills as a 4*: Firesweep Lance, Rally Defense --> Rally Defense Resistance, and Drag Back

Sorry about the late update, but as always feel free to post your questions here!

EDIT: I have no idea how this post got buried, as it's very insightful and well-thought out. Hopefully people can find at least some use for it when planning skill builds @XRay

Edited by MrSmokestack

@MrSmokestack I will add it to my signature so more people can see it.

It may put me out of business if everyone reads it. Kidding.

It still needs a lot of improvements though as well as updating some stuff. I am still trying to figure out how to streamline the instructions. The Player Phase process is a bit of a mess since it is more complicated than the Enemy Phase process.

I have a Delthea( +Spd/-Res)which I'm planning to give Fury, Desperation and Darting Blow(?). 

She works with my Nowi(+Atk/-Res), I just don't know what to put for her A slot. I'm thinking Vantage and Threat Res for the other two. 

3 minutes ago, Shem said:

I have a Delthea( +Spd/-Res)which I'm planning to give Fury, Desperation and Darting Blow(?). 

Fury and Darting Blow are both passive A skills. Either way, Life and Death is superior if you have the resources, but Fury and Darting Blow are both fine if you're on a budget.

4 minutes ago, Shem said:

She works with my Nowi(+Atk/-Res), I just don't know what to put for her A slot. I'm thinking Vantage and Threat Res for the other two. 

Hone skills are generally better than Threaten skills in the C slot unless you're on a tight budget.

A Vantage build on Nowi benefits most probably from Triangle Adept due the single-hit firepower it gives against red opponents. However, that also leaves you vulnerable to Cancel Affinity. Fury also works well with Vantage to both boost her stats and help her enter Vantage range a bit faster.

Quick Riposte or Swordbreaker is more common on Nowi, though, as Quick Riposte gets her more one-round kills by guaranteeing a double attack and Swordbreaker helps her deal with Falchion users that otherwise destroy her if you aren't running Triangle Adept.