Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like some second opinions on what special to give masked Lucina between Draconic Aura and Luna. Er... Dragon Fang too if that's better.

First things first, she's running a Dr. masked Lucina build of Fury 3, Renewal 3, and Reciprocal Aid and I'm primarily going to use her for Tempest Trials and singleplayer maps. She's likely to never see arena considering how I play arena which is being an idiot and making up teams using the bonus units selection.

Anyway, if activated on the first hit, DA gets a bit more overall wins that Luna against unmerged units, but against TT units or units with inflated stats which I've emulated by having every unit be +10, DA without attack buffs is about the same as Luna. If activated on the second hit, Luna is slightly better than DA against unmerged units and about the same against +10 units.

DA is probably better, but Luna would be something like a I don't care, here's a special.

DF, on the other hand, could work well in that because of her high self-sustain, she could take care of units in general and save DF for tougher enemies, but DF is probably safer to use if you have a Brave weapon, running a Desperation Lucina build, or you're a ranged unit.

Also, C-slot which tends to be that one skill I can never figure out what anyone wants. Masked Lucina benefits a lot from attack and speed buffs, so she could run those, she would make good use of them. Defense buffs could help her, but perhaps isn't as needed and the same for resistance buffs, but that's the lowest end considering it's her lowest stat. Still, a 39 speed and 26 resistance with Fury 3 and a +4 resistance buff is nice, but someone else like Lloyd would be a better mage tank.

Edited by Kaden

26 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I'd like some second opinions on what special to give masked Lucina between Draconic Aura and Luna. Er... Dragon Fang too if that's better.

First things first, she's running a Dr. masked Lucina build of Fury 3, Renewal 3, and Reciprocal Aid and I'm primarily going to use her for Tempest Trials and singleplayer maps.

Anyway, if activated on the first hit, DA gets a bit more overall wins that Luna against unmerged units, but against TT units or units with inflated stats which I've emulated by having every unit be +10, DA without attack buffs is about the same as Luna. If activated on the second hit, Luna is slightly better than DA against unmerged units and about the same against +10 units.

DA is probably better, but Luna would be something like a I don't care, here's a special.

DF, on the other hand, could work well in that because of her high self-sustain, she could take care of units in general and save DF for tougher enemies, but DF is probably safer to use if you have a Brave weapon, running a Desperation Lucina build, or you're a ranged unit.

Most TT enemieses have stats relative to at most a +7 unitses, save HP, we thinks. Luna is betterses as merges increase since Atk doesn't scale as well as Def at +10, lowering your damageses assuming equal level and merges.

Most unitses that don't take as much extra damageses from Luna are frail enough to begin with that they would have been deadses with or without a proc, uwe hee hee. Luna makes downing higher-Def foes like Hector much easier, yes yes yes! Fine for physical unitses, but not fine for magical onses. Use Moonbow instead.

If Dr. "Marthses" provides mostly supportses, lower CD is better for when "he" needs to make sure the enemy is deadses. Don't want Dragon Fang on cooldownses on Map 7 when you need your specialses, hmm?

Edited by Legion!

2 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I have a Gray that is +atk/-res. Any recommendations for sets for him?

Brave Sword, Luna
Life and Death, Swordbreaker

2 hours ago, Legion! said:

Most TT enemieses have stats relative to at most a +7 unitses, save HP, we thinks. Luna is betterses as merges increase since Atk doesn't scale as well as Def at +10, lowering your damageses assuming equal level and merges.

Most unitses that don't take as much extra damageses from Luna are frail enough to begin with that they would have been deadses with or without a proc, uwe hee hee. Luna makes downing higher-Def foes like Hector much easier, yes yes yes! Fine for physical unitses, but not fine for magical onses. Use Moonbow instead.

If Dr. "Marthses" provides mostly supportses, lower CD is better for when "he" needs to make sure the enemy is deadses. Don't want Dragon Fang on cooldownses on Map 7 when you need your specialses, hmm?

I like preparing for absolute worst case scenarios such as encountering Boeys with high speed for some ungodly reason.

Spoiler

Against everyone that is on KageroChart as of now -- I know they're in the process of updating the site -- as if they were +10, had a +4 defense buff, and also had +HP -- can't boost their HP without overriding their A-slot --, DA gets 44 wins, 5 losses, and 103 draws and Luna gets 48 wins, 5 losses, and 99 draws if both activate on the first hit.

On the second hit, DA gets 35 wins, 5 losses, and 112 draws while Luna gets 39 wins, 5 losses, and 108 draws. Either way, Luna leads by +4 wins.

If masked Marth gets +4 to attack, DA gets 69 wins, 4 losses, and 79 draws on first hit and 52 wins, 5 losses, and 95 draws on second hit. Luna gets 66 wins, 5 losses, and 81 draws on first hit and 55 wins, 5 losses, and 92 draws on second hit. DA has a higher maximum while Luna has a higher minimum.

Weird way to do this, but if averaged out, DA gets 56.5 wins, 4.5 losses, and 91 draws on first hit and 43.5 wins, 5 losses, and 101.5 losses on second hit while Luna gets 57 wins, 5 losses, and 90 draws on first hit and 47 wins, 5 losses, and 100 draws. If overall, DA gets 50 wins, 4.75 losses, and 97.25 draws while Luna gets 52 wins, 5 losses, and 95 draws.

In other words, Luna is overall better.

Considering that there are other units who are supposed to deal with units masked Marth and other reds shouldn't be, it's fine. DA at the moment is rare when I only have 2 F!Corrins.

Now to figure out C-slot. Maybe Fortify Res except the only ones who give it are useful for other stuff or are rare. I have a lot of Sophias, but I'm still waiting on units who could make use of Dragon Fang like Cherche -- please come home as not -Atk -- while using Linde would be a waste even if I could get Ardent Sacrifice and Speed +3 from someone else and the only Sorens I've summoned were 5*. Fortify Def could work, but the only 4* who gives it is Frederick. Spending two Freddies for Luna and Fortify Def would be fine, but...

It's weird. Masked Marth running a doctor build is both a competent support and offensive unit who wants attack and speed buffs for offense, but also wants speed, defense, and even resistance buffs for bulk considering Falchion and Renewal 3 would bolster masked Marth's sustain.

@SatsumaFSoysoy, what did you give your masked Marth for a C-slot?

Edited by Kaden

6 hours ago, Kaden said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy, what did you give your masked Marth for a C-slot?

I just hastily shoved Spur Atk onto her because I ran out of unit space and had a spare Lilina. Since, at least for me, her ideal partner is Celica, Hone Spd is what she probably should have.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I just hastily shoved Spur Atk onto her because I ran out of unit space and had a spare Lilina. Since, at least for me, her ideal partner is Celica, Hone Spd is what she probably should have.

Oh, okay. (Wouldn't it be nice to have a spare Lilina...)

Eh... me using as many units as I can and just not having a cohesive team is kind of killing me. Maybe I should give her Spur Attack or Hone or Spur Speed as an in general thing since Hone Attack is starting to overlap whenever I bring Olivia and someone else has it and defense and resistance buffs don't help as much if she's used in a variety of teams and whoever gets buffed doesn't need it for one reason or another like they're not running a -blade tome or Frederick is on the team and he's getting resistance buffs as if that would help him. At least with units like, say, Gordin and Virion whose resistance are low, giving them a resistance buffing skill would be fine since its the least beneficial stat buff for them. Or Lukas who sometimes even wants to get doubled to charge up his special if he's not taking damage to begin with, so a speed buff skill on him works, but so would resistance buffs if he's partnered up with a mage.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Oh, okay. (Wouldn't it be nice to have a spare Lilina...)

Eh... me using as many units as I can and just not having a cohesive team is kind of killing me. Maybe I should give her Spur Attack or Hone or Spur Speed as an in general thing since Hone Attack is starting to overlap whenever I bring Olivia and someone else has it and defense and resistance buffs don't help as much if she's used in a variety of teams and whoever gets buffed doesn't need it for one reason or another like they're not running a -blade tome or Frederick is on the team and he's getting resistance buffs as if that would help him. At least with units like, say, Gordin and Virion whose resistance are low, giving them a resistance buffing skill would be fine since its the least beneficial stat buff for them. Or Lukas who sometimes even wants to get doubled to charge up his special if he's not taking damage to begin with, so a speed buff skill on him works, but so would resistance buffs if he's partnered up with a mage.

I only really have two truly cohesive setups at the moment; one for Arena Defense, and one for my general use for Arena and blind runs of other challenges. I just then mix and match if needed. Sometimes, I just give whatever I have on hand to a unit. Summer Tiki has Fortify Res for literally no reason other than I had too many Sophias. But it's good to have at least two units of different colors that give the same C-slot buff, and also units that have Spurs instead of buffs.

31 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I only really have two truly cohesive setups at the moment; one for Arena Defense, and one for my general use for Arena and blind runs of other challenges. I just then mix and match if needed. Sometimes, I just give whatever I have on hand to a unit. Summer Tiki has Fortify Res for literally no reason other than I had too many Sophias. But it's good to have at least two units of different colors that give the same C-slot buff, and also units that have Spurs instead of buffs.

The only cohesive teams I have are my defense team that I cobbled together a long time ago and still manages to win, a last map team for the first Tempest Trial, and on the second one, a starter team that worked well to clear most of the maps on 5 battles hard before I switched to Mae, Olivia, and 2 other units. I've never had a consistent arena team that lasted more than a season since it's just made up of bonus units and everything else just gets made up to deal with whatever map specifically.

Anyway, the first Tempest Trial having Titania have Hone Attack 2 as part of Hone Cavalry kind of created some issues when the Olivia had Hone Attack 3. Olivia usually got that buff while everyone else had their attack buffed by her when there were times that Linde, Lucina, and Titania would have appreciated other buffs besides attack if they couldn't stack it with Lucina's default Spur Attack. It's why Xander has Hone Cavalry through Hone Speed now and why I'm very cautious and confused on what C-slot to give anyone. One overlap of Fortify/Hone buffs is fine, but if +3 units have the same one, then it's going to end terribly even if they're on movement type teams. Drives/Spurs at least stack so that's fine.

I might just go with Spur Attack and just treat masked Marth as an alternate Lucina who's more of a support unit since she can't (at the moment) be summoned, so I can't get a +Atk or +Spd one for hyper-offense shenanigans.

Edited by Kaden

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I might just go with Spur Attack and just treat masked Marth as an alternate Lucina who's more of a support unit since she can't (at the moment) be summoned, so I can't get a +Atk or +Spd one for hyper-offense shenanigans.

That works, but if you're using her as pseudo-healer, a buff C-skill is better, since most of the time she'll be in place after the unit she's healing has attacked, not before.

22 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That works, but if you're using her as pseudo-healer, a buff C-skill is better, since most of the time she'll be in place after the unit she's healing has attacked, not before.

Well, there's Hone Speed. :p

Man, I hope we get more units with the Drive buffs since they're universally effective. You're giving up +1 to whatever stat boost for 2 range buffing. More double Spurs would be nice too.

Edited by Kaden

@XRay How did you build you Setsuna? Mine is 4*+2 +SPD -HP and does quad some of the FEH cast, but with very little to no damage. 

[...] Setsuna was my only heavily merged unit back then, at 4*+10. I started to bench Hector around this time. [...]

Doing arena assault, I noticed i need more archers ...

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@XRay How did you build you Setsuna? Mine is 4*+2 +SPD -HP and does quad some of the FEH cast, but with very little to no damage. 

Doing arena assault, I noticed i need more archers ...

She has her standard Quadsuna build [+Spd, -Res, Brave Bow, Luna, Reposition, Life and Death, Desperation, Threaten Speed/Threaten Defense]. Her primary targets are fliers and squishy mages. Being a max merged 4* helps a lot.

Brave Bow archers are great since they can take down a variety of units without worrying about the Weapon Triangle, with the exception of Raven mages, but those are not too common.

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks @XRay. Since i guess you gave her LD3 and Brave+, that's another project in my queue for feather expenses. 

Yeah, but if you have a better archer, I would invest in that one first. Setsuna is not bad, but she has always been outclassed by Takumi, Jeorge, Klein, and now BB!Cordelia and YS!Gaius. I benched her after I got BB!Cordelia, but Arena Assault allows her to contribute again.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Yeah, but if you have a better archer, I would invest in that one first. Setsuna is not bad, but she has always been outclassed by Takumi, Jeorge, Klein, and now BB!Cordelia and YS!Gaius. I benched her after I got BB!Cordelia, but Arena Assault allows her to contribute again.

There is 5* +ATK -SPD Jeorge (and a 4* copy which doesn't count in AA), i gave him moonbow. No further strong archers around. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

There is 5* +ATK -SPD Jeorge (and a 4* copy which doesn't count in AA), i gave him moonbow. No further strong archers around. 

I think Virion might be okay if you need to take down fliers and squishy mages. I would not invest heavily in him since you can see the enemy team before hand and Virion is just there to deal with specific enemies, so a normal Brave Bow and Life and Death 2 should work fine.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I think Virion might be okay if you need to take down fliers and squishy mages. I would not invest heavily in him since you can see the enemy team before hand and Virion is just there to deal with specific enemies, so a normal Brave Bow and Life and Death 2 should work fine.

Yes, Virion (currently 3*+1 Level 40) has got the highest ATK of my remaining archers. I've got plenty 3* Hanas, but no spare Gordin. Guess i will be pulling on all colors the next weeks (red: fast mage, green: 2nd armor and more green in general, blue: no need, but many cool units missing). 

I got a roy - atack and i have a lot of red swords (5) in my alt acc. I got a Cecilia in my Horse emblem and i dont want to use more orbs (in poor) in red circles,  its a good idea to give tadept3 to my Ceci?( more bsts and power) . I dont Play groonblade with ceci. Thanks

Edited by ignis_z

10 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

I got a roy - atack and i have a lot of red swords (5) in my alt acc. I got a Cecilia in my Horse emblem and i dont want to use more orbs (in poor) in red circles,  its a good idea to give tadept3 to my Ceci?( more bsts and power) . I dont Play groonblade with ceci. Thanks

Giving Cecilia Triangle Adept is fine if you are using it in conjunction with Gronnraven.

My Faye has 31 resistance, 34 with Fury. Should I give her Iceberg or Glacies?

I also gave her Fury 3 and Renewal 3 for her A and B slot skills respectively, any suggestions for what I could give her for her C-slot?

24 minutes ago, Carter said:

My Faye has 31 resistance, 34 with Fury. Should I give her Iceberg or Glacies?

I also gave her Fury 3 and Renewal 3 for her A and B slot skills respectively, any suggestions for what I could give her for her C-slot?

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish with her.

Her most useful build is to kite armor [Firesweep, Poison Strike, Threaten Defense], although other characters can do that job better. Her Special and A skill depends on each other. If you are going for Life and Death, you would want Moonbow. If you are going with Death Blow, Swift Sparrow, or Fury, you can go with Iceberg. I personally prefer the quicker Specials.

She can also be a debuffer [Firesweep, Seal/Posion Strike, Savage Blow/Threaten Defense/Ploy]. You can use this build to kite armor too, but it will take longer or it may be impossible if you are not using Poison Strike and Threaten Defense. Since her main job in this build is not really about dealing damage, you can give her whatever Special and A skill you want. Sol will allow her heal while Spd Res 2 or Fury 3 will allow her survive better if she gets attacked from a distance.

Updatedses, but I forgot to make a postses. Uwe hee hee.

Updated the OP with the skills from Alm and Celica's Army, Nohrian Summer, and Berkut: Prideful Prince. Changes include:

1. Added the following 5* Exclusive skills:

Weapons

• Hibiscus Tome
  • Lilith Floatie
  • Sealife Tome
  • Slaying Edge
  • Tomato Tome
  • Zanbato

Passives

• Cancel Affinity 3
  • Drive Attack 2
  • G Tome Valor 3
  • HP and Speed 2
  • Infantry Pulse 3
  • Mirror Strike 2
  • Resistance Ploy 3
  • Shield Pulse 3
  • Speed and Resistance +2
  • Swift Strike 2
  • Sword Valor 3
  • Water Boost 3

Assists

• Rally Attack and Resistance

2. Added Gray as being able to pass Wind Boost as a 5*

3. Added Leo (Nohrian Summer) as being able to pass Attack Ploy as a 5*

4. Added Leon as being able to pass Guard as a 5*

5. Added Xander (Nohrian Summer) as being able to pass Fire Boost as a 5*

6. Added Berkut as a candidate for passing the following skills as a 4*: Berkut's Lance, Blazing Flame, and Ward Cavalry

7. Added Mathilda as a candidate for passing the following skills as a 4*: Ridersbane, Rally Resistance, and Hone Attack 3

8. Added Leon as a candidate for passing the following skills as a 4*: Slaying Bow, Ignis, and Speed +3

8. Added new inheritance restrictions:

• Infantry Pulse is exclusive to infantry units.
  • G Tome Valor is exclusive to Green Tome units.
  • Shield Pulse cannot be inherited by ranged units, nor can it be inherited by cavalry or flying units.

Post your questionses here, as always.

For a Brash Assault user, would a positioning assist be better or would Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid be better? There's no real safe way for BA users to get to that range other than tanking hits while they're at full HP and you can't always rely on getting someone else to drop to 50% HP and swap HP with them, so that's one point where a positioning skill would be better. At the same time, depending on the build, a BA user could restore HP and kind of help out as a weird off-healer.

Also, considering BA requires that you initiate combat, Pivot and Swap are probably not going to be as useful as Reposition or perhaps Draw Back. Pivot and Swap could let them get into tanking positions, but since most of the BA users are at least 2 movement, they could just step over a unit outside of terrain limitations.

@DehNutCase, thoughts on this? You seem to know or theorized a lot on how BA builds can work.

Edited by Kaden