Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

I'm still tempted to do some evil shenanigans with a Glacies Eliwood and Nino... and maybe anyone else?

Thoughts?

If you want Eliwood, then I would take Iceberg over Glacies for the lower CD, as his speed is mediocre. On average he still puts out a respectable 16 damage when Iceberg procs so you're not losing much.

It so happens I have a spare Shanna... This will be fun...

Say, I wonder what "Inherit" skills would look good on my Sophia? Hmm... Any suggestions?

Edited by Frosty

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Just to be clear, if a unit inherits the first level of a skill, will they be able to learn the upgrades or do they have to inherit those separately?

The latter.

3 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Just to be clear, if a unit inherits the first level of a skill, will they be able to learn the upgrades or do they have to inherit those separately?

A unit that wants to be passed the Lv. 3 version of a skill must inherit all levels of that skill. Since each passive skill has three levels, generally this will use up your entire inheritance limit, which is 3.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by MrSmokestack

15 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

A unit that wants to be passed the Lv. 3 version of a skill must inherit all levels of that skill. Since each passive skill has three levels, generally this will use up your entire inheritance limit, which is 3.

could you inherit the different levels from separate units?

like, if i had two lilinas, can i get bolganone and hone attack 1 and 2 from one, then get hone attack 3 from another? or would i still have to get hone attack 1 2 and 3

2 minutes ago, unique said:

could you inherit the different levels from separate units?

like, if i had two lilinas, can i get bolganone and hone attack 1 and 2 from one, then get hone attack 3 from another? or would i still have to get hone attack 1 2 and 3

You can inherit different levels of a skill from different units, though that would be inefficient.

Edited by MrSmokestack

33 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You should put this info in the OP if it's not already there.  This is useful information that isn't explained in the game.

4 minutes ago, Eselred said:

You should put this info in the OP if it's not already there.  This is useful information that isn't explained in the game.

Don't worry, I have a list of changes I will make to the OP once I get back to a desktop, since I'm on mobile at the moment.

13 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Don't worry, I have a list of changes I will make to the OP once I get back to a desktop, since I'm on mobile at the moment.

Roger that.  It can be a pain to write on mobile sometimes.  Thanks again for the thread you're explaining the feature better than the devs.

28 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

is there a mobile app for serenes forest? i find it hard to navigate on mobile and ive seen some ninos with crazy skills its very scary x.x wise i pulled more green orbs now xD

Just now, Shiro said:

is there a mobile app for serenes forest? i find it hard to navigate on mobile and ive seen some ninos with crazy skills its very scary x.x wise i pulled more green orbs now xD

I wish there was.

What forum system does serene's use? Maybe there's a way we can screenshot pulls on a phone and just upload them to the pull topic from camera roll. Would be nice.

And what's it like being a whale? Not jabbing just curious.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

I wish there was.

What forum system does serene's use? Maybe there's a way we can screenshot pulls on a phone and just upload them to the pull topic from camera roll. Would be nice.

And what's it like being a whale? Not jabbing just curious.

im not full on whale where i have everything +10 so i wouldnt know. im in the middle of the pack so basically when arena updates i wont be in the position where i fight full +10 teams or non merged units. i will finally get to fight my other middle pack brothers and sisters xD. but yeah, i whale because i love the dopamine it delivers. some get it from drugs, gambling etc whereas others get it from gacha games xD and honestly i was able to quit my addiction for almost a year till this cursed game came out and took my soul :3

Just now, Shiro said:

im not full on whale where i have everything +10 so i wouldnt know. im in the middle of the pack so basically when arena updates i wont be in the position where i fight full +10 teams or non merged units. i will finally get to fight my other middle pack brothers and sisters xD. but yeah, i whale because i love the dopamine it delivers. some get it from drugs, gambling etc whereas others get it from gacha games xD and honestly i was able to quit my addiction for almost a year till this cursed game came out and took my soul :3

Cue the "I spent $500 trying to get Hector and failed AMA".

I never spent money on a mobile game before, but Heroes it seems finally pushed me over the edge. I haven't spent much, but I enjoy pulling Heroes I'm not familiar with just as much as I like to train them and see how they stack up in arena.

This game is pretty great thank goodness.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Cue the "I spent $500 trying to get Hector and failed AMA".

I never spent money on a mobile game before, but Heroes it seems finally pushed me over the edge. I haven't spent much, but I enjoy pulling Heroes I'm not familiar with just as much as I like to train them and see how they stack up in arena.

This game is pretty great thank goodness.

im just glad that IS is actually performing in that they are listening to consumers rather than just trying people to get tot spend more. and i just bought a fresh hector acc with neutral stats for $8 i know i would never pull him xD and im no ziss so ya 

Just now, Shiro said:

@MrSmokestack

so on same topic i have catria for rally attack but i might just want a support bot like a dancer like azura? putting hone attack on her?

If you want to optimize your arena score it would be best to stay away from Dancers or dedicated buff units.

Rally Attack on Catria actually makes perfect sense in this scenario, as she is a liability while the enemy Takumi is still alive. Checking how your units are physically ordered on your team (i.e. Catria next to Sanaki) gives you more time to set up your moves and bait the AI as needed.

Hone Attack would be best on Catria, which frees up your Assist Skill to improve your team's movement more. Perhaps Draw Back might be better than Rally Attack if you go that route.

So I want to pass skills to Nowi and Young Tiki. I have available to me Moonbow from Palla, Luna from Freddy, Swordbreaker from Sully, Lancebreaker from Arthur and Quick Riposte from Subaki. Some of them several times over. I also have a 5* Hawkeye with Death Blow but, I'm unsure when and who to pop him.

What's a good way to spread those skills about those two? Is it wise to give Nowi or Tiki Quick Riposte over Swordbreaker?

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

If you want to optimize your arena score it would be best to stay away from Dancers or dedicated buff units.

Rally Attack on Catria actually makes perfect sense in this scenario, as she is a liability while the enemy Takumi is still alive. Checking how your units are physically ordered on your team (i.e. Catria next to Sanaki) gives you more time to set up your moves and bait the AI as needed.

Hone Attack would be best on Catria, which frees up your Assist Skill to improve your team's movement more. Perhaps Draw Back might be better than Rally Attack if you go that route.

that is actually one of the better solutions thanks! i wish there aws an easier way of grinding sp and im sure IS will come up with a solution maybe in may after the updates in april. because even though i have a +7 catria i can still low on sp from all the skills i have on her xD so with the other draw back and hone atk that sp cost would come out to 225+75+150+300 would be 750 and i have around 300 sp left on her :0

12 minutes ago, SalShich10N said:

So I want to pass skills to Nowi and Young Tiki. I have available to me Moonbow from Palla, Luna from Freddy, Swordbreaker from Sully, Lancebreaker from Arthur and Quick Riposte from Subaki. Some of them several times over. I also have a 5* Hawkeye with Death Blow but, I'm unsure when and who to pop him.

What's a good way to spread those skills about those two? Is it wise to give Nowi or Tiki Quick Riposte over Swordbreaker?

Between the two, Nowi is a better Falchion killer than Young Tiki. It's actually impossible for her to be OHKO'd by any of them outside of I think Chrom, but in return she does serious damage on the counter. I would give her sword breaker.

Neither of the dragons benefit much from special skills. Although Moonbow is better than Luna in nearly all situations. What IV is your Tiki-Young? Having her inherit a speed buff lets her double and ORKO Hector 100% of the time, although you lose Armored Blow if you do this.

Is your Subaki 5*? If he is not, I would put off having someone inherit Quick Riposte, as there are no 4* units that can obtain it at max level currently.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Between the two, Nowi is a better Falchion killer than Young Tiki. It's actually impossible for her to be OHKO'd by any of them outside of I think Chrom, but in return she does serious damage on the counter. I would give her sword breaker.

Neither of the dragons benefit much from special skills. Although Moonbow is better than Luna in nearly all situations. What IV is your Tiki-Young? Having her inherit a speed buff lets her double and ORKO Hector 100% of the time, although you lose Armored Blow if you do this.

Is your Subaki 5*? If he is not, I would put off having someone inherit Quick Riposte, as there are no 4* units that can obtain it at max level currently.

TIki is Neutral and Nowi is +Spd/-HP. Tiki already hard counters hector with ease even if she doesn't double Hector she takes like 4-8 damage.

Is having Quick Riposte at 3 really that necessary? Any attack dealing 13-15 damage breaks it off, so it really always is a one hit thing outside of stuff you have WTA on. I could try and give whoever gets Quick Riposte Sol or Noontime, I have a Chrom lying there.

I'm searching suggested abilities for a Neutral 4* Sophia o.o

I'm unsure which are the best ones for her.

43 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I'm searching suggested abilities for a Neutral 4* Sophia o.o

I'm unsure which are the best ones for her.

From the looks of her stats, she's never going to be particularly fast, so I'd say focus on increasing her damage output as much as possible so that she one-shots most opponents. If that's the route you want to go, inheriting Raourblade from Tharja and having a buff team built around her is probably the best bet (Tharja's probably better at this because of her much higher Spd, but if you wanted to make Sophia good because you like her as a character then this is one option). Abilities would include stuff like Death Blow to have her hit as hard as possible. 

Another option is to have her be a Res tank, as she has a pretty high Res stat, and she has WTA over common mage threats such as Nino or Julia. Nino's bound to double her, but you could have Julia inherit G Tomebreaker from Henry to offset that and have her kill Nino on enemy phase instead. This would also be helped by giving her something like Triangle Adept for her A slot. 

Speaking of Henry and Triangle Adept, another option would be to give her TA and Henry's Raourraven tome (and maybe Bowbreaker) to have her be a counter to Takumi and other archers. Her Def is actually pretty decent for a mage (neutral Sophia has 25 Def at 4*, which is more than Nino and Julia have at 5*), so this could be another niche for her.

I'm sure there are other builds people can come up with that may be better, but these are some options to consider. 

tldr - Her speed is unsalvageable but her damage and defenses are decent, so either have her go full one-shot nuke on player phase or build her to counter green mages or archers on enemy phase (whichever gives your team more trouble).

Edited by MaskedAmpharos