Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

4 hours ago, XRay said:

What about using Player Phase ranged units? They generally need less healing compared with Enemy Phase units and Player Phase melee units, so a Falchion medic will provide more than enough healing. Celica, Delthea, and Sonya are all fantastic ranged units. They also get +10 HP and +4 A/S/D/R boost, along with giving you bonus points.

Just to clarify since I might have lead you to misunderstand some things, but I'm not using Camus for this TT and the question I asked was more of an in general thing like what's a general thing that Camus would want. Mainly a way to make use of the spare units I have, preferably Vantage since I can't think of anyone else, but Hector, Ryoma, and Takumi as being good users of it. And also Ike, I guess. Swordbreaker is still pretty good on him...

As for Berkut, more of a what could have been and I don't intend to use him even though it's tempting to dump skills on him to make use of some spare units. No personal attachments since I never played Echoes and there are other better blue mage tanks I could use. He's only on this TT team since my only bonus units are 4* Berkut, 5* Genny, and 5* Sonya. Berkut and Sonya got locked in and 4* Anna and 5* masked Marth running a Falchion-Renewal build filled out the remaining two slots. Berkut, masked Marth, and Sonya let me cheese the TT's 5 battles hard because two of them have boosted stats and other than being able to one-shot boss Sonya, masked Marth/Lucina in general is a very good unit. Anna's there since I just wanted to use her.

Anyway, other than whenever Berkut gets to be an arena bonus unit, when he gets to be a TT bonus unit and I don't have many units to choose from, F2P strategies involving him, etc., I don't think I would want to use Berkut much or invest a lot into him unlike Camus, Ursula, and Xander, probably Michalis and Valter, or definitely Zephiel if by some stroke of luck I get more than one Hector. He's basically in the (GHB units) group of get to level 40 as a 4* units and use them when needed.

If Berkut had 37 attack, then I would be inclined to invest in him. Brave Lance+ and 37 attack is pretty good even if you can't double. Oh well. I already have a Abel, Camus, Cordelia, and Valter's coming up next week.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a Nino -speed i gonna inherit for my Horse emblem her book to Cecilia but my Cecilia doenst has death blow 3. Wich A skill can in put to her? Thanks. Or its uselles without death 3?. 

I got fury 3 lnd(dont like)

11 hours ago, Kaden said:

Just to clarify since I might have lead you to misunderstand some things, but I'm not using Camus for this TT and the question I asked was more of an in general thing like what's a general thing that Camus would want. Mainly a way to make use of the spare units I have, preferably Vantage since I can't think of anyone else, but Hector, Ryoma, and Takumi as being good users of it. And also Ike, I guess. Swordbreaker is still pretty good on him...

As for Berkut, more of a what could have been and I don't intend to use him even though it's tempting to dump skills on him to make use of some spare units. No personal attachments since I never played Echoes and there are other better blue mage tanks I could use. He's only on this TT team since my only bonus units are 4* Berkut, 5* Genny, and 5* Sonya. Berkut and Sonya got locked in and 4* Anna and 5* masked Marth running a Falchion-Renewal build filled out the remaining two slots. Berkut, masked Marth, and Sonya let me cheese the TT's 5 battles hard because two of them have boosted stats and other than being able to one-shot boss Sonya, masked Marth/Lucina in general is a very good unit. Anna's there since I just wanted to use her.

Anyway, other than whenever Berkut gets to be an arena bonus unit, when he gets to be a TT bonus unit and I don't have many units to choose from, F2P strategies involving him, etc., I don't think I would want to use Berkut much or invest a lot into him unlike Camus, Ursula, and Xander, probably Michalis and Valter, or definitely Zephiel if by some stroke of luck I get more than one Hector. He's basically in the (GHB units) group of get to level 40 as a 4* units and use them when needed.

If Berkut had 37 attack, then I would be inclined to invest in him. Brave Lance+ and 37 attack is pretty good even if you can't double. Oh well. I already have a Abel, Camus, Cordelia, and Valter's coming up next week.

Ah okay. If you are using him that way, what about turning him into a support unit and giving him high SP skills? If you are using a pony for the Arena and certain excess skill fodder, you can give Berkut Reposition and Hone Cavalry to support your main pony and Escape Route for score. He can keep his Special for score too.

7 hours ago, ignis_z said:

i got a Nino -speed i gonna inherit for my Horse emblem her book to Cecilia but my Cecilia doenst has death blow 3. Wich A skill can in put to her? Thanks. Or its uselles without death 3?.

I got fury 3 lnd(dont like)

Ceclia should run Life and Death, not Death Blow if you are going for a Gronnblade build. This is what a Blade Ceclia should have at a bare minimum.

+Spd -Res (-Def if merge +10)
Gronnblade
Life and Death, Axebreaker
Hone Cavalry Buff
Player Phase 137:8:18
Player Phase [Desperation ] 136:8:19
Player Phase [Death Blow] 127:6:30
Player Phase [Fury] 128:3:30

If you cannot afford Life and Death, then use Fury. Death Blow is not suited for Blade Cecilia in my opinion.

I recommend running Desperation since Axebreaker is only giving you one extra kill.

Edited by XRay

I have a question what I should do about my Tana (Res+/HP-). I see that most of the time offensive builds are recommended. But I did not have the luck with boon/bane and I also like more defense oriented builds.
The thing is that she is a nice support to Sheena and I would like to build a team with these two as the core for now.

At the moment Tana is still like this.

(+Res,-HP) 
Vidofnir
Assist: Reposition
Skill: Moonbow (This could also be changed)
A: Spe/ Def 2 (here I'm thinking about Fury, I have also 1 swift sparrow to spare. But I don't know if it's worth it)
B: Drag Back (I guess hit and Run is better. Or are there still other options which fit into this)
C: Guidance will remain. 

and Sheena (Atk +, Spe-)

Killer Axe+ (Slaying Axe+ would be nice ;/)
Assist: Swap
Skill: Ignis
A: Distant Counter
B: QR 2
C: Fortify Def 3 -Placeholder ( This is where I want to know if Threaten atk or def 3 would be more useful or if Panic Ploy 3 is an even better option
maybe I should remain with Fortify/Hone skills, because Sheena is more enemy phased and I win nothing with threaten attack against enemies with long range attacks)

Of course if there are other skills which could be changed, I'm open to it.
I practiced with them plus Selena/Delthea in the Arena, but I will not survive with this setup on whale mountain and I shall not forget the changing Bonus Unit. But at least Sheena/Tana should be the main core.

Edited by Stroud

3 hours ago, Stroud said:

I have a question what I should do about my Tana (Res+/HP-). I see that most of the time offensive builds are recommended. But I did not have the luck with boon/bane and I also like more defense oriented builds.
The thing is that she is a nice support to Sheena and I would like to build a team with these two as the core for now.

Tana - on paper, she looks stupidly frail, with 33 HP, 25 defense, and 29 resistance.  When she's attacked by a physical melee weapon, she hits 32 defense. . .not bad, but not stellar, either.  However, anyone with half a brain will attack her with a bow.  So, your options:

- Turn her into a pseudo-tank with Iote's Shield
- Use Fury, as it's vastly superior to her default A skill
- Take advantage of her 34 Atk/36 Spd

If you use Fury, you can also use Desperation, for (hopefully) faster kills.  Or, you can use Swordbreaker, so she can get rid of one of the things Sheena has difficulty with.  Renewal is an option, if you plan on stalling.

For Sheena, use a buff skill - since her allies will be next to her, they'll be a little stronger on your next turn.

7 hours ago, Stroud said:

At the moment Tana is still like this.

(+Res,-HP) 
Vidofnir
Assist: Reposition
Skill: Moonbow (This could also be changed)
A: Spe/ Def 2 (here I'm thinking about Fury, I have also 1 swift sparrow to spare. But I don't know if it's worth it)
B: Drag Back (I guess hit and Run is better. Or are there still other options which fit into this)
C: Guidance will remain. 

and Sheena (Atk +, Spe-)

Killer Axe+ (Slaying Axe+ would be nice ;/)
Assist: Swap
Skill: Ignis
A: Distant Counter
B: QR 2
C: Fortify Def 3 -Placeholder ( This is where I want to know if Threaten atk or def 3 would be more useful or if Panic Ploy 3 is an even better option
maybe I should remain with Fortify/Hone skills, because Sheena is more enemy phased and I win nothing with threaten attack against enemies with long range attacks)

Of course if there are other skills which could be changed, I'm open to it.
I practiced with them plus Selena/Delthea in the Arena, but I will not survive with this setup on whale mountain and I shall not forget the changing Bonus Unit. But at least Sheena/Tana should be the main core.

As @eclipse already said, Tana is a glass cannon. The competitive Arena is pretty rigid in terms of which characters have what role, and builds are not generally too flexible. Even with Iote's Shield, Tana is not very likely to survive a properly built Brave Bow archer with her low HP and Defense anyway, so I would go with Fury since it increases her bulk and Speed as well against all other units. Defensively, Hit and Run is better in my opinion since you want to get away from the opponent, not drag them back with Tana. You can also use Firesweep L so Tana takes no damage when she initiates, but you will have to watch out on Enemy Phase since she cannot counter attack.

Instead of making Tana and Sheena work together, what about pairing Tana with Delthea, another mage, or Distant Counter melee unit? Sheena can also be paired with Draug or Zephiel and one of them uses Armor March. Your armor units will still have good mobility and you still get to use Tana's gimmick. As for the bonus unit, you might have to change out Tana's partner since there are so few armor units that it is unlikely for them to be a Bonus unit often.

Thanks for the replies, I will go with Fury Tana and test other Magicians with her.

I can only hope that Amelia will become a 4* Unit. Or that they release another general with Armor March. I have one DC to spare and am thinking about building a proper Zephiel, but I can wait for it until I have Armor March

1 hour ago, Mew-2Chainz said:

Hey guys, I have a leftover Saber as fodder, and I was wondering what heroes would take advantage of Slaying Edge+?

I would give it to your best Enemy Phase unit that does not already have an exclusive weapon along with a 3 cooldown Special, Distant Counter/Fury, and Quick Riposte. You can give it to your Player Phase units, but Brave weapons work so much better on them.

2 hours ago, Mew-2Chainz said:

Hey guys, I have a leftover Saber as fodder, and I was wondering what heroes would take advantage of Slaying Edge+?

Adding to what @XRay said, Draug and Zephiel are pretty good EP units that might like it (Zephiel does have a personal weapon, but it's effect isn't that great). I personaly don't really know of any other red EP unit that would want it.

50 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Adding to what @XRay said, Draug and Zephiel are pretty good EP units that might like it (Zephiel does have a personal weapon, but it's effect isn't that great). I personaly don't really know of any other red EP unit that would want it.

Yeah. Eckesachs is kind of meh. Tyrfing's effect is not that useful either, but Seliph is rather meh too, so I would not give him Slaying Edge.

1 hour ago, ignis_z said:

Dudes is a Cecilia +atak- speed usefull? For tadept raven build. I got a neutral Too. Thanks

Neutral is better. She needs that Speed to avoid being doubled. +Atk -Def/Res is better for Raven tome build.

56 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Oh :( then i dont have a good Cecilia. 

If you summon a lot, I would invest in Cecilia now anyways since she is pretty common as a 3* unit, and you should be able to get her ideal nature sooner or later. If you do not summon a lot, neutral Cecilia is still decent to invest in since she is the only green mage cavalry in the game right now, and you need her for you pony team.

So, In my endless (and so far, fruitless) search for Celica, I ended up with an Eirika. She is a unit I wanted, to mimick her brother's build as a battery in teams where I want to use another blue unit. The problem is... She's -Spd +Def. How salvageable is she with that nature? base 26 attack and 32 speed isn't exactly stellar. My Ephraim (+Spd -Res) is primarily a battery, but he deals really well with most physical reds and squishy lances. I'm afraid Eirika won't be able to do anything of note other than buffing, with those stats.

Any suggestions?

8 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

So, In my endless (and so far, fruitless) search for Celica, I ended up with an Eirika. She is a unit I wanted, to mimick her brother's build as a battery in teams where I want to use another blue unit. The problem is... She's -Spd +Def. How salvageable is she with that nature? base 26 attack and 32 speed isn't exactly stellar. My Ephraim (+Spd -Res) is primarily a battery, but he deals really well with most physical reds and squishy lances. I'm afraid Eirika won't be able to do anything of note other than buffing, with those stats.

Any suggestions?

If you are using her as a buffing unit, her nature does not really matter. If you are using her as an offensive unit, you can give give her the standard build [Brave Sword, Luna, Life and Death, Swordbreaker].

1 hour ago, XRay said:

If you are using her as a buffing unit, her nature does not really matter. If you are using her as an offensive unit, you can give give her the standard build [Brave Sword, Luna, Life and Death, Swordbreaker].

But that's the question, Ephraim can do both. And I was hoping she could, too. At least checking greens, which I guess will be easier against physical ones thanks to the 30 defense, but then again, with 32 speed even green mages will make a dent on her. Am I asking too much by wanting her to do both things?

1 minute ago, Taim Meich said:

But that's the question, Ephraim can do both. And I was hoping she could, too. At least checking greens, which I guess will be easier against physical ones thanks to the 30 defense, but then again, with 32 speed even green mages will make a dent on her. Am I asking too much by wanting her to do both things?

You can try doing both. I do not think she will be very effective on offense with Sieglinde, but as long as she is facing just greens, it should not be a big problem.

+Atk -Res
Sieglinde, Moonbow
Life and Death, Swordbreaker
Player Phase 111:4:49
Player Phase [+Def, -Spd] 72:3:89

You can use Fury, but her Player Phase ratios will be a lot worse. If you are using her as just support, Fury is much better since it is not her job to go on offense and she can survive more stuff in case she gets attacked.

Hmm... how should I distribute Armor Emblem buffs?

Team in consideration: Hector, Amelia, Effie, Zephiel

Available fodder: Hone Armor (more than enough), Fortify Armor (only 1 available)

Hector (+Atk/-Def): Goad Armor

Amelia (+Atk/-HP): Armor March

Effie (+Atk/-Spd): none currently

Zephiel: none currently.

Also, Flier Emblem:

Available fodder: Goad Fliers (only 1 available to spare), Hone Fliers (1 available if my only Hinoka were to be sacrificed)

Units in consideration:

Cordelia: none currently

Summer Corrin: Fortify Fliers

Hinoka (+HP/-Spd): Hone Fliers

Cherche (+Atk/-Spd): none currently

Subaki (+Atk/-Spd or neutral): none currently

I also have a +Atk/-HP Palla though she's only 3* ATM.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Hmm... how should I distribute Armor Emblem buffs?

Team in consideration: Hector, Amelia, Effie, Zephiel

Available fodder: Hone Armor (more than enough), Fortify Armor (only 1 available)

Hector (+Atk/-Def): Goad Armor

Amelia (+Atk/-HP): Armor March

Effie (+Atk/-Spd): none currently

Zephiel: none currently.

Also, Flier Emblem:

Available fodder: Goad Fliers (only 1 available to spare), Hone Fliers (1 available if my only Hinoka were to be sacrificed)

Units in consideration:

Cordelia: none currently

Summer Corrin: Fortify Fliers

Hinoka (+HP/-Spd): Hone Fliers

Cherche (+Atk/-Spd): none currently

Subaki (+Atk/-Spd or neutral): none currently

I also have a +Atk/-HP Palla though she's only 3* ATM.

For armor defense teams, I would put ward on everything. If you are controlling it, I would put Hone Attack on Amelia's partner and Hone Defense on Hector's partner.

Cherche should have Fortify Flier that can be obtained from Caeda once you get her, so NS!Corrin can perform to her maximum potential. Palla should be your red flier and she can keep Goad Flier.

I would not use Cordelia or Subaki since you already have Hinoka and NS!Corrin as your blue units.

I could use a couple ideas for a S. Tiki that has a +atk, -res iv. I don't want to use a brave build due to have both Cherche and Frederick with + atk iv's. Plus they can use brave weapons better than S. Tiki from flier buffs and horse buffs. Any ideas would be appreciated. 

48 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I could use a couple ideas for a S. Tiki that has a +atk, -res iv. I don't want to use a brave build due to have both Cherche and Frederick with + atk iv's. Plus they can use brave weapons better than S. Tiki from flier buffs and horse buffs. Any ideas would be appreciated. 

In my opinion, it is better to have more of the same powerful builds than having variety, especially with the release of Arena Assault. If you do not want to give her Brave Axe, Tiki should have [Melon Crusher, Moonbow, Life and Death, Axebreaker] for the most kills: 110:8:46.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

In my opinion, it is better to have more of the same powerful builds than having variety, especially with the release of Arena Assault. If you do not want to give her Brave Axe, Tiki should have [Melon Crusher, Moonbow, Life and Death, Axebreaker] for the most kills: 110:8:46.

You're right. It is better to have similar builds for arena assault than experimental builds. Thanks.