Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

33 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Good. I would say keep her a slot skill as death blow if she is plus atk. As for her other skills, it depends on what team she is on. Flier formation for her b slot skill if she is on a flier emblem team. Otherwise, Desperation, wings of mercy, drag back, hit and run would be better options. For her c slot, do what ever you want with it. For her support skill, keep ardent sacrifice of your running Desperation. If not, reposition works better. For her special, Dracoinic Aura, Luna, or Dragon Fang would work.

24 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Poimagic Life and Death is much better in this situation. She gets a net +3 Spd in exchange for just 1 Atk.

The B slot choices are all fine, but I prefer Desperation and Drag Back / Hit and Run.

The special should be Luna. Def tends to be much higher than Res and isn't as reliant on buffing to get the damage on bulkier foes she misses the KO on. Save your Draconic Auras for non -Blade magic users instead.

Thanks for all replies. 

Will have to think it through.

I am a little bit torn. Will wait until after todays new focus banner pull - who knows maybe some good SI fodder will come my way. 

Drag back sounds like another good option. Got that skill, but I also got hit and run.

Reposition is a no brainer. That or drawback. Gave my last repo to brave lyn today, though. Been using her a lot lately. In regard to TT ardent sacrifice could better, though.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

Drag back sounds like another good option. Got that skill, but I also got hit and run.

Reposition is a no brainer. That or drawback. Gave my last repo to brave lyn today, though. Been using her a lot lately. In regard to TT ardent sacrifice could better, though.

Drag Back and Hit and Run are functionally the same, since the enemy should be dead when they're attacked. I second the godly Reposition over Draw Back too.

Death Blow is alright as a budget option, but once you can scrounge up the feathers you can get LaD for her if you plan on using her a lot.

I prefer mobility over HP manipulation. Can't ever get attacked if you're never in range, right? And as a flier, she can use Reposition better than any other unit.

Plis a good A skill for female Robin, she was the only chance for to do a deathless run vs Lyn Lyn Lyn Lyn lyn. I got my deathless in tier 20 but i want to improve her. I waste 20 k feather on her and i do not regret. I dont have bowbreaker.

Gronwolf book. 

6 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Drag Back and Hit and Run are functionally the same, since the enemy should be dead when they're attacked. I second the godly Reposition over Draw Back too.

[...]

That's not 100% correct. Drag Back works only like hit and run if the enemy you killed would have been able to enter the terrain you are attacking from: 

On 8/8/2017 at 1:40 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Drag Back doesn't do anything if the targeted unit cannot move onto the tile you are standing on. Hit and Run works regardless of enemy movement type, but doesn't move the enemy unit with you.

Personal preference of which one is better, though. You either get reliable activation or utility in pulling a unit away from allies.

[...]

I finally got Ninian! And along with her, a few questions:

1. How okay is +Atk/-Res for Mae? It's almost certainly better than the +HP/-Atk 5-star I have right now, but would the hit to Res be particularly damaging? And if I end up trying to build her with a -blade tome, should I try to wait for +Spd, or just add to her neutral speed with LaD, Fury, Darting Blow, or something similar?

2. What's the ideal boon/bane for Camilla? I have a +Spd/-HP and now a +Atk/-Spd as well, and at least one of them is probably going to Legion for that Brave Axe+. If she want to keep her own Brave Axe+, then I imagine +Atk/-Spd would be great, but I'm not sure if she does better with another weapon, and thus would want a different boon/bane to match.

3. I've never really tried to seriously build a Dancer before, but now that I have Ninian, I'd like to try building her up. Wings of Mercy/Escape Route seems obvious, as does a C slot buffer of some type, but what else would a +Res/-Def Ninian want? Maybe TA3 or a basic Plus skill for the A slot? Would it be better to have a simple offensive Special like Moonbow or Iceberg, or a defensive one? Is her standard weapon good enough, or would she want one from someone else?

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

That's not 100% correct. Drag Back works only like hit and run if the enemy you killed would have been able to enter the terrain you are attacking from: 

That only applies when the enemy survives.

If the enemy dies, both are identical.

5 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Plis a good A skill for female Robin, she was the only chance for to do a deathless run vs Lyn Lyn Lyn Lyn lyn. I got my deathless in tier 20 but i want to improve her. I waste 20 k feather on her and i do not regret. I dont have bowbreaker.

Gronwolf book. 

She needs Gronnraven and Triangle Adept.

4 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I finally got Ninian! And along with her, a few questions:

1. How okay is +Atk/-Res for Mae? It's almost certainly better than the +HP/-Atk 5-star I have right now, but would the hit to Res be particularly damaging? And if I end up trying to build her with a -blade tome, should I try to wait for +Spd, or just add to her neutral speed with LaD, Fury, Darting Blow, or something similar?

2. What's the ideal boon/bane for Camilla? I have a +Spd/-HP and now a +Atk/-Spd as well, and at least one of them is probably going to Legion for that Brave Axe+. If she want to keep her own Brave Axe+, then I imagine +Atk/-Spd would be great, but I'm not sure if she does better with another weapon, and thus would want a different boon/bane to match.

3. I've never really tried to seriously build a Dancer before, but now that I have Ninian, I'd like to try building her up. Wings of Mercy/Escape Route seems obvious, as does a C slot buffer of some type, but what else would a +Res/-Def Ninian want? Maybe TA3 or a basic Plus skill for the A slot? Would it be better to have a simple offensive Special like Moonbow or Iceberg, or a defensive one? Is her standard weapon good enough, or would she want one from someone else?

1. Mae is fine. For ranged nukes, I generally bane Defense or Resistance whichever is higher. +Spd is better, but Mae is still good without it if she has Life and Death.

2. With Axebreaker, [+Atk, -Spd] performs better. Without Axebreaker, [+Spd, -HP] does better. Any character performs their best with a Brave Weapon, however, I would give Camilla an Emeral Axe to tank blue mages since Brave Weapon users are a dime a dozen. Reinhardt tanks are more valuable.

3. Triangle Adept gives more points and helps her counter reds. Speed +3 and Fury (Fury gives same points as Triangle Adept) helps her avoid getting doubled. I gave mine Moonbow, although I do plan to give her defensive Specials like Escutcheon and Sacred Cowl as well. Her standard Weapon is good enough; I would not give her Lightning Breath if she is going for a pure support build since Lightning Breath charges ranged enemies' Special, giving them an easier time to knock out Ninian.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

That only applies when the enemy survives.

If the enemy dies, both are identical.

Yep true, I don't know why I keep being confused by this skill. Every time someone mentions drag back, I have to equip it on a flier and try it with mountains, rivers and forests ... 

Just now, mampfoid said:

Yep true, I don't know why I keep being confused by this skill. Every time someone mentions drag back, I have to equip it on a flier and try it with mountains, rivers and forests ... 

Run Story 3-1 Normal and bait the archer to stand next to the water, then kill with a flyer.

1.) My B!Roy (+HP, -Res) is going to be running Desperation/Hone Cavalry/Galeforce. Should I inherit Life and Death 3 as his A slot skill, or Fury 3?

2.) Is inheriting my only Fae to Celica (+HP, -Spd) for Renewal 3 worth it?

Edited by Loocarioh

5 hours ago, XRay said:

1. Mae is fine. For ranged nukes, I generally bane Defense or Resistance whichever is higher. +Spd is better, but Mae is still good without it if she has Life and Death.

2. With Axebreaker, [+Atk, -Spd] performs better. Without Axebreaker, [+Spd, -HP] does better. Any character performs their best with a Brave Weapon, however, I would give Camilla an Emeral Axe to tank blue mages since Brave Weapon users are a dime a dozen. Reinhardt tanks are more valuable.

3. Triangle Adept gives more points and helps her counter reds. Speed +3 and Fury (Fury gives same points as Triangle Adept) helps her avoid getting doubled. I gave mine Moonbow, although I do plan to give her defensive Specials like Escutcheon and Sacred Cowl as well. Her standard Weapon is good enough; I would not give her Lightning Breath if she is going for a pure support build since Lightning Breath charges ranged enemies' Special, giving them an easier time to knock out Ninian.

Thank goodness, I've been getting tired of only having -Atk 5-star Mae. Her speed definitely isn't great at neutral, but with LaD and probably keeping Eirika near her (especially if I do go the -blade route), I think it'll still be decent enough.

I thought I had read something before about Camilla being good with an Emerald Axe, which was why I originally asked. I'm still not sure if I'll keep her around at all instead of using her as SI for units I like better, but at least I have options now, and now I know which one is better to keep around just in case.

I think I'll go for Triangle Adept; more speed would be nice, but only having 20 Def kinda scares me, even against reds. TA should hopefully help her live and maybe do a bit of combat, which would be especially nice during the Tempest Trial to get her more SP. And there's a poetic irony in sacrificing a Roy to Ninian that I just can't resist. I'll go with Moonbow since I have some spare Pallas, but at least I'll finally have a use for extra Gwendolyns again if I ever get her. Thanks for the advice!

4 minutes ago, Loocarioh said:

1.) My B!Roy (+HP, -Res) is going to be running Desperation/Hone Cavalry/Galeforce. Should I inherit Life and Death 3 as his A slot skill, or Fury 3?

2.) Is inheriting my only Fae to Celica (+HP, -Spd) for Renewal 3 worth it?

1) I prefer Life and Death. The more you kill, the better your defense will be.

2) Reinhardt tanks are valuable. Celica can wait. In the mean time, you can give her Fury and Desperation to take advantage Ragnarok's HP reduction.

19 hours ago, XRay said:

She needs Gronnraven and Triangle Adept.

But if my Robin F dont have raven, in A skill wich is better atack +3 or Tadept?.

3 hours ago, ignis_z said:

But if my Robin F dont have raven, in A skill wich is better atack +3 or Tadept?.

Give her Triangle Adept, so she can at least be a Reinhardt tank. Try to give her Gronnraven as soon as possible so she can take on Archers as well.

58 minutes ago, XRay said:

Give her Triangle Adept, so she can at least be a Reinhardt tank. Try to give her Gronnraven as soon as possible so she can take on Archers as well.

I prefer someone to kill Brave Lyn(its ridículous) but withouth raven i cant kill her pathetic her resistance Too...  With wolf she kills reinhard, but Brave Lyn omg

Edited by ignis_z

While sniping for Elincia, I got a +res -hp Caeda today. Is there any way to make her viable? I guess she would prefer +atk or +spd, but well... I also have a +def and a neutral one. She'd only find use in my Flier Team, I guess, so I don't really play to use her in Arena.

57 minutes ago, pullofthebush said:

While sniping for Elincia, I got a +res -hp Caeda today. Is there any way to make her viable? I guess she would prefer +atk or +spd, but well... I also have a +def and a neutral one. She'd only find use in my Flier Team, I guess, so I don't really play to use her in Arena.

Wait for Firesweep Sword @LordFrigid kappa

Wo Dao is a good choice to fix her low damage, and it’s relatively common unlike Slaying Edge.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Wo Dao is a good choice to fix her low damage, and it’s relatively common unlike Slaying Edge.

A potential Firesweep Sword really could be fun. For a moment I thought Caeda could run DC, but that would be one hell of a weird investment and super niche.

Unfortunately I never pulled Athena. She seems to avoid me at all costs, just like Wrys. (Fun fact: I never even pulled Odin before July or so...)

20 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Do you recomend to give Young Tiki the book of adult Tiki? 20 k feathers. I think Young Tiki Could be a good unit, i got one + atack (+1).

Do you mean her Weapon, Lightning Breath?

Lightning Breath is good on Y!Tiki, especially in conjunction with Triangle Adept, so she can tank almost all green units.

6 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Is that about this? The Brave Sword matchup list is better, tbh, and theoretical Firesweep has a much harder time ORKOing Brave Mercenary Ike (I think she might have to start combat with her special charged for that, I only took a brief look at the numbers).

My experience with the Wo Dao was not particularly good, I have to say. She needs the special to patch up her lower Atk (so she can't really run Desperation), but is hard-pressed to take more than a round of fighting physical enemies due to her low HP and Def. It's a fine set if you only need her to fight once per battle though.

On the whole, Caeda's usability is partly her build and partly how much Atk-stacking you have to assist her. Spd-stacking is also welcome, and necessary for a Brave build if you want her to fight blues. i.e. toss her on a Goad Team and watch the magic happen.

17 hours ago, XRay said:

Do you mean her Weapon, Lightning Breath?

Lightning Breath is good on Y!Tiki, especially in conjunction with Triangle Adept, so she can tank almost all green units.

Yes the weapon sry. In thinking in Young Tiki nowi and ninian. And a fourth with fisic atack.

I decided to see what is better for my +atk/-def Elincia. LnD and Death Blow. And Death Blow gives her more wins if she is attacking. This is also the same for any +atk nature Elincia would have. So +atk Elincia is better with Death Blow. And there you go folks.

7 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I decided to see what is better for my +atk/-def Elincia. LnD and Death Blow. And Death Blow gives her more wins if she is attacking. This is also the same for any +atk nature Elincia would have. So +atk Elincia is better with Death Blow. And there you go folks.

What set did you use? Changing only her A passive does give Death Blow a better matchup spread against a neutral no SI meta:

126-21-11

Compared to LaD:

122-29-7

However, that changes when you throw Desperation into the mix:

At 25 HP and no special proc, the spread for Death Blow becomes:

127-25-6

While the spread for LaD becomes:

131-26-1

Life and Death is still better.

Even with the Def drop from -Def and LaD, Elincia is still tricky to oneshot with 51 bulk (35+16) so getting into Desperation range from an enemy’s counterattack is still feasible. There is also Ardent Sacrifice which she was nice enough to come with already.

Drag Back is another competing choice for her B passive though and it has its advantages over Desperation.