Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Um.

So.

I know I, like, just asked about what skills to give Adult Tiki.

But I just got a +Atk/-HP Young Tiki on my free pull.

So...

What should I give her?

In my opinion, [+Atk, -Res] is better than [+Atk, -HP]. I would use your new one either for merging or skill fodder.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

In my opinion, [+Atk, -Res] is better than [+Atk, -HP]. I would use your new one either for merging or skill fodder.

Oh no, I mean that, while I was going to promote my +Atk/-Res Adult Tiki, I just got a +Atk/-HP Young Tiki. The 5-star exclusive one. I still want to build both eventually, but I wasn't sure what would be good for her Young version.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh no, I mean that, while I was going to promote my +Atk/-Res Adult Tiki, I just got a +Atk/-HP Young Tiki. The 5-star exclusive one. I still want to build both eventually, but I wasn't sure what would be good for her Young version.

Ah. My bad. I misread it.

For Y!Tiki, I gave mine Lightning Breath, Moonbow, Triangle Adept, and Quick Riposte. I plan to give her Fortify Dragon, but I still need more Ninians as sacrifice.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Ah. My bad. I misread it.

For Y!Tiki, I gave mine Lightning Breath, Moonbow, Triangle Adept, and Quick Riposte. I plan to give her Fortify Dragon, but I still need more Ninians as sacrifice.

No worries, it probably would've been better if I had added the bit about her being a 5-star.

Alright then, that all sounds doable. And I now have a reason to pull on reds, so I might actually get more Moonbow and TA3 fodder now! I already got a Hinata and Hana, which is a good start. QR is still scarce, but I feel like a random 5-star like Tiki deserves high priority, so she'll probably end up with one of my few Subakis. And I can definitely promote one of my garbage Adult Tikis for Lightning Breath. Hm... Now that I've got Ninian, Young Tiki, Fae, and Female Corrin all at 5-star, maybe I should try to make a dragon emblem team...

I got Halloween Henry yesterday but he's -Spd. I don't intend to pull for more Henrys on the banner while I still need Nowi, so I intend to make the most of him now. Henry and Black Knight with Hone Armor has a decent synergy, but I'm at a loss on what A and B skills to set him up with. Desperation would be far better to work with 43 Speed than 37 and all that. 

Should I run a Fury Desperation set on him regardless, or work on maximizing his +Atk with Death Blow and Vantage or Breaker skill?

Edited by Sonic Boom

What would be a good build for Cat!Sakura (+HP, -Def)?

I'm currently running her default kit with Def Ploy and Deflect Magic. The question is what to do with the B slot. She has Guard which can counter QP Reinhardt (if I use this, I could use a different seal than Deflect Magic) but I've heard Vantage being recommended for her. I could see this being used with something like

1. Turn one, bait and counter Rein.
2. Turn two, bait and vantage kill Gronblade Cecilia.

The problem is, what if Sakura runs into a TA Raven mage? Would it be worth it to give her Cancel Affinity?

8 hours ago, Sonic Boom said:

I got Halloween Henry yesterday but he's -Spd. I don't intend to pull for more Henrys on the banner while I still need Nowi, so I intend to make the most of him now. Henry and Black Knight with Hone Armor has a decent synergy, but I'm at a loss on what A and B skills to set him up with. Desperation would be far better to work with 43 Speed than 37 and all that. 

Should I run a Fury Desperation set on him regardless, or work on maximizing his +Atk with Death Blow and Vantage or Breaker skill?

Fury and Desperation is fine if he is glued to his partner.

14 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

What would be a good build for Cat!Sakura (+HP, -Def)?

I'm currently running her default kit with Def Ploy and Deflect Magic. The question is what to do with the B slot. She has Guard which can counter QP Reinhardt (if I use this, I could use a different seal than Deflect Magic) but I've heard Vantage being recommended for her. I could see this being used with something like

1. Turn one, bait and counter Rein.
2. Turn two, bait and vantage kill Gronblade Cecilia.

The problem is, what if Sakura runs into a TA Raven mage? Would it be worth it to give her Cancel Affinity?

It depends on how you want to play her. I personally prefer Quick Riposte over Vantage. Eliminating as many types of units as possible in her first round of combat is more important than her performance in the later rounds in my opinion.

I prefer using other mages, like Blade mages, to counter Raven mages. If you are using her for Arena Assault, then Cancel Affinity is not worth it in my opinion, since Raven mages are pretty easy to counter. If your regular Arena offense team has no trouble with Raven mages, then Cancel Affinity is not worth it in that mode either.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fury and Desperation is fine if he is glued to his partner.

It depends on how you want to play her. I personally prefer Quick Riposte over Vantage. Eliminating as many types of units as possible in her first round of combat is more important than her performance in the later rounds in my opinion.

I prefer using other mages, like Blade mages, to counter Raven mages. If you are using her for Arena Assault, then Cancel Affinity is not worth it in my opinion, since Raven mages are pretty easy to counter. If your regular Arena offense team has no trouble with Raven mages, then Cancel Affinity is not worth it in that mode either.

I see. I thought it would be nice to have her capable of countering all mages (unless she's knocked out by fully powered Blade tomes?) but considering TA Raven is literally the only build that CA works against, it's a rather niche skill to have. Who would make a good partner for her then? Deirdre might be nice because she deletes Robin, survives Cecilia (and can double with QR) and can negate Blade tome users.

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

I see. I thought it would be nice to have her capable of countering all mages (unless she's knocked out by fully powered Blade tomes?) but considering TA Raven is literally the only build that CA works against, it's a rather niche skill to have. Who would make a good partner for her then? Deirdre might be nice because she deletes Robin, survives Cecilia (and can double with QR) and can negate Blade tome users.

Assuming neutral natures, even with Distant Defense Sacred Seal, Sakura cannot stand up to most fully powered Blade tomes. That usually is not a big problem since the AI is pretty easy to manipulate and split their team apart. The only enemy that I think could pose a threat is PA!Azura since she is the one unit who can fully buff someone after she Sings.

For Arena Assault, it is better to not have any set teams outside of movement type teams since it is far easier to just look at the opponent and pick a hard counter for each enemy.

For regular Arena, if you want to make TOD!Sakura part of your core Arena offense team every week, it is better to run her with a Player Phase build in my opinion since those builds have better match ups over all. As a player who prefers Player Phase offensive teams, I think of team composition in terms of roles, so TOD!Sakura's ideal teammates are nukes since she is not one herself.

For example, ideally, every team should have a physical and magical nuke. Brave Bow archers are the best physical nukes, and any top tier Player Phase mage can fill in as the magical nuke. TOD!Sakura is neither, so she will fill in the third slot, which I usually fill with a Dancer/Singer. I usually leave the fourth slot empty for the bonus unit to fill.

Edited by XRay

Okay then, since my I haven't been told what to do with my Sigurd, I shall say it again. What is a good build for a +spd/-def Sigurd on a horse emblem team? And also, what is a good build for a +atk/-hp H!Nowi on a flier emblem team?

2 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Okay then, since my I haven't been told what to do with my Sigurd, I shall say it again. What is a good build for a +spd/-def Sigurd on a horse emblem team? And also, what is a good build for a +atk/-hp H!Nowi on a flier emblem team?

His default set is fine, although you might want to switch out Close Defense for Distant Defense just to be sure that he can tank mages with higher merges. Offensively, Sigurd +Spd can run [Divine Tyrfing, Moonbow, Life and Death, Swordbreaker].

I would give Nowi a Blade build.

7 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I gave my Sigurd (+RES -DEF) Distant Counter, Reposition, Bonfire plus the Distant Defense Seal. His other skills are fine. He is really OP in TT, even if DC was a big investment. 

Still waiting for my Nowi to arrive. I wanted to give her Rauðrblade+ to profit from flier buffs, but she is a little slow. Darting Blow or Life and Death would help perhaps. 

The OP should now be current as of the Trick or Defeat banner. Sorry for the delay everyone!

Keep in mind that the following skills are no longer 5* exclusive, and have been added to the 4* inheritance pool:

• Def Ploy 3- From Arvis
  • Drive Def 2- From Arden
  • Drive Spd 2- From Tailtiu

23 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Maybe I missed something that was already said but is there a reason Karel isn't listed for Wo Dao and Hinoka not listed for Brave Lance?

Both are 5* exclusive, and the weapons themselves can be obtained from 4* units.

On 11/3/2017 at 1:56 PM, mampfoid said:

I gave my Sigurd (+RES -DEF) Distant Counter, Reposition, Bonfire plus the Distant Defense Seal. His other skills are fine. He is really OP in TT, even if DC was a big investment. 

Still waiting for my Nowi to arrive. I wanted to give her Rauðrblade+ to profit from flier buffs, but she is a little slow. Darting Blow or Life and Death would help perhaps. 

So for Sigurd, DC, Repo, Bonfire, and DS Seal? As I don't have a Hector for DC and Sigurd already learnt Draw Back, would running Close Defense over DC and Draw  back over Repo work.

As for Nowi, would a standard Blade build work? I mean, I do have a Hinoka that could help with that speed.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

As for Nowi, would a standard Blade build work? I mean, I do have a Hinoka that could help with that speed.

Is there anything you want TOD!Nowi to do other than being a Blade mage? As a flier, she is not the best candidate to run a Raven build. Having her run Triangle Adept-Green Tomebreaker just to counter green mages is kind of a waste of her offensive stat distribution.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

So for Sigurd, DC, Repo, Bonfire, and DS Seal? As I don't have a Hector for DC and Sigurd already learnt Draw Back, would running Close Defense over DC and Draw  back over Repo work.

[...]

I guess it could work for you, it depends how you want to play him. His weapon and B-Skill make him a perfect mage bait, but without DC you would need to wait for the player phase to deal damage. 

@XRay mentioned an offensive built, if you want to go the other route with him. 

@mampfoid but if I run DC on him, it will interfere with his B Slot Skill. In fact, I think in another room, didn't somebody say that against a fully buffed up Nino, Sigurd leaves the Nino at 1 hp, and Sigurd dies, correct?

@XRay What is you offensive Sigurd build? I am actually very much intrigued by an offensive Sigurd.

41 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

@mampfoid but if I run DC on him, it will interfere with his B Slot Skill. In fact, I think in another room, didn't somebody say that against a fully buffed up Nino, Sigurd leaves the Nino at 1 hp, and Sigurd dies, correct?

@XRay What is you offensive Sigurd build? I am actually very much intrigued by an offensive Sigurd.

Yes, his B-Slot skill works only against Reinhardt, Olwen and Brave Archers if equipped with DC. Therefore I gave mine (+RES) the Distant Defense 3 Seal. I will check how he would fare against Nino, but in TT he never died when at full HP (except against some swordbreaker lances). 

/Edit: 5* +10 +ATK Nino with LnD3, ATK 3 Seal and 4+ buff on all stats deals 18 damage to my Sigurd and dies to the counter. 

/Edit2: That's what @XRay answered to you (I can't quote editing a post when on mobile):

Spoiler

His default set is fine, although you might want to switch out Close Defense for Distant Defense just to be sure that he can tank mages with higher merges. Offensively, Sigurd +Spd can run [Divine Tyrfing, Moonbow, Life and Death, Swordbreaker].

I would give Nowi a Blade build.

Edited by mampfoid