Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ⋋тaĸeda⋌ said:

I'm really tempted to build up Clive

Any ideal builds?

Death Blow Brave Lance is the most straightforward, and base 33 Atk is good enough for it. Swordbreaker to expand coverage against reds.

Full Set:

Spoiler

-Brave Lance

-Reposition

-Luna / Bonfire

-Death Blow

-Swordbreaker

-Fortify Cavalry / Goad Cavalry / Ward Cavalry

Luna or Bonfire depends on which is available. I would prefer Luna but +16 damage from Bonfire at base is acceptable.

Fortify Cavalry is your best bet for C passive. This Clive isn’t built for enemy phase, though he can use this skill to support teammates like Xander who are. If not, Goad or even just Hone will do fine too.

This build is pretty expensive, but Clive’s base build is mediocre and would have been fully rekitted anyway.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

What is you offensive Sigurd build? I am actually very much intrigued by an offensive Sigurd.

What @mampfoid said. He functions like BH!Roy but with a worse offensive exclusive Weapon but a bit better stat distribution.

Okay then, a Blade Mage build for H!Nowi , correct? Would Sigurd's vanilla build work, but replace miracle with bonfire and add draw back? Would that work? And what would be the best build for a Hinoka (+hp/-res) on a flier emblem team and the best build for a Takumi (+atk/-def)?

46 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Okay then, a Blade Mage build for H!Nowi , correct? Would Sigurd's vanilla build work, but replace miracle with bonfire and add draw back? Would that work? And what would be the best build for a Hinoka (+hp/-res) on a flier emblem team and the best build for a Takumi (+atk/-def)?

Sigurd's vanilla build is fine. I would switch out Close Defense for Distant Defense or Fury so he can tank mages better. I prefer Reposition or Swap over Draw Back for melee units. I would give Hinoka and Takumi Brave builds.

I have a question. i noticed that my Marth started to die really fast and I wanted to (maybe) try a real build on him and would like for suggestions. Marth is +ATK/-DEF

1 hour ago, Macoal said:

I have a question. i noticed that my Marth started to die really fast and I wanted to (maybe) try a real build on him and would like for suggestions. Marth is +ATK/-DEF

What does he have right now?

12 hours ago, Poimagic said:

When you say brave build, what do you mean? Do you mean the LnD Desperation build or the Death Blow Breaker build?

Assuming you have the resources, unless the unit is super slow, always go Life and Death/Swift Sparrow. I generally prefer Breakers over Desperation for better performance during a unit's first round of combat. Desperation should only be used if the unit can achieve at least 35 Speed consistently; if you frequently face enemies who are merge+5 or merge+10, then the Speed threshold should be at least 37 and 39 respectively.

4 hours ago, Macoal said:

Marth is not exactly a tank, especially with -Def, so I would not use him to tank anything other than an axe unit. I recommend using a Dancer/Singer or another ally to Assist Marth out of enemy range after Marth does his stuff; this is usually the best tactic to keep any unit alive. If you do not wish to do that, you can try giving him Fury since that should help him on Enemy Phase somewhat.

Edited by XRay

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

What does he have right now?

He never inherited something so its just

Falchion,

Pivot,

Escape Route 3 and

Spur SPD 3

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Marth is not exactly a tank, especially with -Def, so I would not use him to tank anything other than an axe unit. I recommend using a Dancer/Singer or another ally to Assist Marth out of enemy range after Marth does his stuff; this is usually the best tactic to keep any unit alive. If you do not wish to do that, you can try giving him Fury since that should help him on Enemy Phase somewhat.

I never intended to use him as a Tank but he doesnt even hurt the enemy. If I am lucky he can do about 25 damage to mages and about 10 damage to physical units. He is more of a meatshield to block the enemy

1 minute ago, Macoal said:

He never inherited something so its just

Falchion,

Pivot,

Escape Route 3 and

Spur SPD 3

I never intended to use him as a Tank but he doesnt even hurt the enemy. If I am lucky he can do about 25 damage to mages and about 10 damage to physical units. He is more of a meatshield to block the enemy

Meat shields are tanks? I would not use Marth as a meat shield.

Anyways, if you do not care about Marth or just want to give him something cheap, I highly recommend Fury. He should also replace Escape Route with a Breaker to help him double some faster units. Those two skills will help him kill a few more enemies and make him a slightly better meat shield if you still intend to use him that way. I would also give him Moonbow to help him kill a few more things.

If you want him to actually do damage, I would use Life and Death or Swift Sparrow. Life and Death lets him kill more things at the expense of dropping his Defense and Resistance. Swift Sparrow is very rare skill and I do not recommend giving it to Marth unless he is your one of your favorite characters or something; Swift Sparrow is weaker than Life and Death but it does not drop his Defense or Resistance.

I would also change Pivot to Swap or Reposition.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Meat shields are tanks? I would not use Marth as a meat shield.

I meant that is the only way to use him right now for me, even though I want to avoid that.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Anyways, if you do not care about Marth or just want to give him something cheap, I highly recommend Fury. He should also replace Escape Route with a Breaker to help him double some faster units. Those two skills will help him kill a few more enemies and make him a slightly better meat shield if you still intend to use him that way. I would also give him Moonbow to help him kill a few more things.

If you want him to actually do damage, I would use Life and Death or Swift Sparrow. Life and Death lets him kill more things at the expense of dropping his Defense and Resistance. Swift Sparrow is very rare skill and I do not recommend giving it to Marth unless he is your one of your favorite characters or something; Swift Sparrow is weaker than Life and Death but it does not drop his Defense or Resistance.

I would also change Pivot to Swap or Reposition.

I'll look what I can find in my small pile of heroes and thanks for the recommendations

Should I give Galeforce to Performing Arts Azura for the sake of boosting Arena Score?

I can very easily see myself using her a lot in Arena, and all my other units don't seem like they'd appreciate Galeforce as much as any other skill.

Don't worry, I have a fodder Cordelia I know I'll never use for anything else, even when considering who might want a Brave Lance+ (of whom I have nobody)

Edited by Xenomata

23 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Should I give Galeforce to Performing Arts Azura for the sake of boosting Arena Score?

I can very easily see myself using her a lot in Arena, and all my other units don't seem like they'd appreciate Galeforce as much as any other skill.

Don't worry, I have a fodder Cordelia I know I'll never use for anything else, even when considering who might want a Brave Lance+ (of whom I have nobody)

I personally prefer Aether for the damage and healing, but Galeforce is fine. It will rarely activate anyways, so it should not matter too much,

26 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

If you give her simple Brave Axe and some breaker skills, you could use her for some one-turn sweeps in GHB/BHB maps. Just to give that expensive special an use other than to boost arena score. 

9 hours ago, XRay said:

I personally prefer Aether for the damage and healing, but Galeforce is fine. It will rarely activate anyways, so it should not matter too much,

If I had Aether to just throw at someone it wouldn't be as big an issue to me, but my only Aether owner is Ike (+Atk -HP) and Brave Ike (+Atk -HP), so...

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

If you give her simple Brave Axe and some breaker skills, you could use her for some one-turn sweeps in GHB/BHB maps. Just to give that expensive special an use other than to boost arena score. 

I'll have to consider that. Good thing my Azura has the nature to run a Brave Axe set.

Can four stars inherit weapons and skills from five stars? I've got a +6 four star Lukas and a regular five star one whom I'll never use (-Attack +Speed), so I was thinking it'd be fun if I could pass on Fortress Defense 3 and Killer Lance+ to my four star variant.

8 minutes ago, Thane said:

Can four stars inherit weapons and skills from five stars?

Yes. You can use this to inherit Prf skills to 4* units that would otherwise be locked to 5*, like Falchion, provided the unit inheriting it can learn the skill.

If both units are the same, merge them. The recieving unit will inherit all skills on the source unit including their learned status.

EDIT: I goof’d

Edited by MrSmokestack

So I have a bit of indecision regarding my two Axuras.

One is fully trained and is +Atk/-HP but I also have a dupe one I'm still training that's +Spd/-HP.

What's the best way to go with this?

Should I merge them? And who to what? I think there's only a slight difference between the two?

That said, I rarely use dancers in the arena anymore though since I want maximum points. I don't think +1 would be much of a difference anyway?

Or should I keep them separate since green dancers are non-summonable again? In case of BHBs or something?

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

One is fully trained and is +Atk/-HP but I also have a dupe one I'm still training that's +Spd/-HP.

Should I merge them? And who to what? I think there's only a slight difference between the two?

That said, I rarely use dancers in the arena anymore though since I want maximum points. I don't think +1 would be much of a difference anyway?

Or should I keep them separate since green dancers are non-summonable again? In case of BHBs or something?

Keep them separate.  You may need one's boon over the other.

57 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Keep them separate.  You may need one's boon over the other.

Okay that's a good point. That said i'll need extra WoM fodder then which i ran out of for now...

unless i give the speed boon one Escale Route. Does she use ER better than the Atk one?

also my bad i thought this was the Q and A thread

Edited by mcsilas

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Okay that's a good point. That said i'll need extra WoM fodder then which i ran out of for now...

unless i give the speed boon one Escale Route. Does she use ER better than the Atk one?

also my bad i thought this was the Q and A thread

This is a skills thread. . .but it worked out in the end, so it's all good~!

Her B skill really depends on her A skill.  I don't like TA on her, so I ran something else.  I'd be more likely to use the +Spd one for tanking, but I'm not sure what your play style is.  If you kept TA, the +Spd one can attempt a more cookie-cutter offensive build.  I don't really use WoM/ER that much, even if my dancers have them.

So I've been thinking about a good way to build my Catria (mine is +Spd/-HP, and will be +1 when I promote her), while still making her fill a somewhat different role than Hinoka. Right now, I'm considering doing this:

• Brave Lance+
  • Movement Assist, probably Reposition or Draw Back
  • Galeforce
  • Life and Death 3
  • Desperation 3
  • Probably a flier buff, likely Fortify because Palla has other SI uses

Is this a decent set for her? Hinoka will be running her own Brave Lance+ with Luna/DB3/LB3, so I was thinking to try and capitalize on Catria's huge Spd advantage instead. After her first round of combat, she'll hopefully enter Desperation 3's range while also triggering Galeforce, letting her run back to safety and be able to quad consistently for the rest of the map/Tempest run. It's not a particularly cheap set, but I do have all the fodder for it immediately available (ignoring the feather cost), and I don't mind spending a lot on a character I like. I'm basically just asking if this is viable enough before I start seriously working on it.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

This is a skills thread. . .but it worked out in the end, so it's all good~!

Her B skill really depends on her A skill.  I don't like TA on her, so I ran something else.  I'd be more likely to use the +Spd one for tanking, but I'm not sure what your play style is.  If you kept TA, the +Spd one can attempt a more cookie-cutter offensive build.  I don't really use WoM/ER that much, even if my dancers have them.

Ah well her +Atk version has TA, WoM 2 and Drive Res. She works out fine as is.

I don't normally use Escape Route, but I guess +Spd prevents more ORKOs, so she'd be in ER range. Maybe Fury 2 (rare Hinata syndrome) to help her enter that range in case she do ends up in battle? And then maybe Hone Atk as C slot to differentiate her from +Atk Axura.

It's just so I don't feel I wasted precious SP making her learn the same skills I guess. (although I guess inherited skills cost more so this would be more expensive in the long run)

I guess I'll see. Current +Atk Axura works fine so far- I just need to wait for more WoM fodder anyway.

@DefaultBeep How about Firesweep Lance? Or Slaying Lance if you have Nephenee. Otherwise it can work but I feel having the -5 brave lance penalty (even if it's offset by LaD) would be a waste of that nice Speed.

If you go Firesweep then you can probably change Desperation into either Lancebreaker or Hit and Run or something.

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

+Atk is generally better with Brave Weapons, while +Spd is generally better with non-Brave Weapons. And I agree with @eclipse that you should probably keep them separate in case you need one nature or build over the other.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

So I've been thinking about a good way to build my Catria (mine is +Spd/-HP, and will be +1 when I promote her), while still making her fill a somewhat different role than Hinoka. Right now, I'm considering doing this:

• Brave Lance+
  • Movement Assist, probably Reposition or Draw Back
  • Galeforce
  • Life and Death 3
  • Desperation 3
  • Probably a flier buff, likely Fortify because Palla has other SI uses

Is this a decent set for her? Hinoka will be running her own Brave Lance+ with Luna/DB3/LB3, so I was thinking to try and capitalize on Catria's huge Spd advantage instead. After her first round of combat, she'll hopefully enter Desperation 3's range while also triggering Galeforce, letting her run back to safety and be able to quad consistently for the rest of the map/Tempest run. It's not a particularly cheap set, but I do have all the fodder for it immediately available (ignoring the feather cost), and I don't mind spending a lot on a character I like. I'm basically just asking if this is viable enough before I start seriously working on it.

I think it is fine, although I generally give +Atk units Brave builds while +Spd units run non-Brave builds. You might want to give her +Spd Sacred Seal as well just to be sure she quads more consistently. If you run Dancers/Singers, I am not sure if Galeforce builds will help you that much.

Edited by XRay