Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

52 minutes ago, sirmola said:

I should Note That I don't actualy have Masked Marth yet. I'm just planning what to do with the TT reward Masked Marth. I have Christmas chrom that I am running as the bonus unit (probably with my genny for healing backup.). I will probably use masked marth for the TT after i get her, though. I have reciprocal aid, Darting blow3, renewal 3, and Breath of life 3.

Also, should I run Sol or Daylight as her special to restore her HP quicker, or is that overkill?

Overkill imo.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Guard Bow H!Jakob worth it? I've just been using a budget HP+5 A skill on him, and I use Iceberg since he's +HP -Def.

Guard Bow seems like a huge investment, if I can't run an expensive A skill like Distant Def or Close Counter, is it even worth it?

4 hours ago, Tragonight said:

Is Guard Bow H!Jakob worth it? I've just been using a budget HP+5 A skill on him, and I use Iceberg since he's +HP -Def.

Guard Bow seems like a huge investment, if I can't run an expensive A skill like Distant Def or Close Counter, is it even worth it?

I think it is worth it for Gordin and Virion as a BH!Lyn counter and maybe on Niles, but not on TOD!Jakob since he has Wary Fighter to let him tank. If you are giving him Vengeful Fighter, Guard Bow alone will not save him since he will be doubled and crushed. TOD!Jakob with Vengeful Fighter needs Distant Def on either his A slot or Sacred Seal slot (preferably both) to make Guard Bow worth it in my opinion. Against buffed or merged enemies, TOD!Jakob with Guard Bow will definitely need Distant Def on both his A slot and Sacred Seal slot.

I'm looking at New Years Corrin and his stats don't seem that special. Too slow to be an attacker, too weak to be a good Brave Bow user and resistance too low to tank mages (and he'd probably get doubled anyway). But damnit, I want to make him work for the sake of his art! So here's my build idea.

+Res/-Spd

Guard Bow+ (res refine)/Distant Defense/Quick Riposte/Filler/Distant Defense (seal)

That brings his stats to 39/44/26/52/42 when attacked at range, and with QR and him getting doubled, he could turn 1 proc Bonfire.

It would be an incredibly niche unit for Arena and useless  if the enemy has no ranged units but.... it's something? Any better builds?

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

I'm looking at New Years Corrin and his stats don't seem that special. Too slow to be an attacker, too weak to be a good Brave Bow user and resistance too low to tank mages (and he'd probably get doubled anyway). But damnit, I want to make him work for the sake of his art! So here's my build idea.

+Res/-Spd

Guard Bow+ (res refine)/Distant Defense/Quick Riposte/Filler/Distant Defense (seal)

That brings his stats to 39/44/26/52/42 when attacked at range, and with QR and him getting doubled, he could turn 1 proc Bonfire.

It would be an incredibly niche unit for Arena and useless  if the enemy has no ranged units but.... it's something? Any better builds?

I doubt you could you do this build effectively as it has been implied that M!Corrin is a free unit so he wouldn't have access to Ivs

11 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I doubt you could you do this build effectively as it has been implied that M!Corrin is a free unit so he wouldn't have access to Ivs

Gamepedia had IVs posted. I'm not sure if the datamine suggested them or if they just inferred what they were based on the neutral values. It could be a CYL/Fjorm situation where we get a free one + more via a banner.

6 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

+Res/-Spd

He definitely should not be tanking mages. HNY!M!Corrin is colorless and does not have the Speed nor Resistance to tank mages. Delthea and Sonya will destroy him. Celica and buffed Blade mages are out of the question. Felicia herself is already pretty shaky at tanking mages with good Speed and Resistance, so HNY!M!Corrin does not stand a chance.

I would modify the build to run [+Def, Guard Bow [Def]/Slaying Bow [Def], Glimmer, Atk/Def, Bowbreaker] so he can counter all BH!Lyns in Arena Assault. If you cannot get a +Def nature, he would need Guard Bow for sure or Defense +3 Sacred Seal. If you cannot spare the resources to get Defense +3 Sacred Seal, you can also run Fortress Def on him, if you have a spare Seth or Lukas.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, XRay said:

He definitely should not be tanking mages. HNY!M!Corrin is colorless and does not have the Speed nor Resistance to tank mages. Delthea and Sonya will destroy him. Celica and buffed Blade mages are out of the question. Felicia herself is already pretty shaky at tanking mages with good Speed and Resistance, so HNY!M!Corrin does not stand a chance.

I would modify the build to run [+Def, Guard Bow [Def]/Slaying Bow [Def], Glimmer, Atk/Def, Bowbreaker] so he can counter all BH!Lyns in Arena Assault. If you cannot get a +Def nature, he would need Guard Bow for sure or Defense +3 Sacred Seal. If you cannot spare the resources to get Defense +3 Sacred Seal, you can also run Fortress Def on him, if you have a spare Seth or Lukas.

If tanking Lyn is the only thing he can do, I'd probably get more mileage out of a Raven user. I guess he's doomed to a life of mediocrity.

after over $300 in total and almost one year ive finally pulled a spring lucina!!

she is +atk, -res

i would like to think of a build that utilizes the blue egg+ because i think its cute and id prefer to keep it, and most builds online seem to have her using a diff weapon so im gonna ask here. 

im thinking i do the blue egg+ upgrade that gives more speed. i also need to think of a c slot skill and an s slot skill, cant decide. i wanna keep swift sparrow in that build as well, n for the special im just thinking moonbow? her b skill is seal res which is not bad but im open to change that if theres anything more interesting/better. thx

@claire Unfortunately Blue Egg is a really underwhelming tome since it both has low Mt and doesn't have an effect that can be enhanced with the refinery.
If you really want to use it though, Spd refinement is a good choice. The C and S passives are flexible so you can pick whichever buffs your team needs. Among the plethora of options I'd suggest Spur Atk, Hone Atk, Hone Spd, Drive Atk, and Drive Spd. Normally frail mages use Desperation as the B passive, but the healing with Blue Egg would clash with that so you can use Swordbreaker instead. I'd also replace her assist with a positioning skill like Draw Back or Reposition.
Her preferred tome is Blárblade though, hands down. It works incredibly well with just her default Swift Sparrow and Desperation inherited.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@claire Unfortunately Blue Egg is a really underwhelming tome since it both has low Mt and doesn't have an effect that can be enhanced with the refinery.
If you really want to use it though, Spd refinement is a good choice. The C and S passives are flexible so you can pick whichever buffs your team needs. Among the plethora of options I'd suggest Spur Atk, Hone Atk, Hone Spd, Drive Atk, and Drive Spd. Normally frail mages use Desperation as the B passive, but the healing with Blue Egg would clash with that so you can use Swordbreaker instead. I'd also replace her assist with a positioning skill like Draw Back or Reposition.
Her preferred tome is Blárblade though, hands down. It works incredibly well with just her default Swift Sparrow and Desperation inherited.

okay thank you! maybe ill just switch to blarblade instead in that case, wish the egg was better tho ; (

Is Galeforce worth being inherited by one Amor Unit with March Armor ? I was thinking about doing that :

W!Robin (+Atk -Res) : Slaying Axe+ (+Spd), Reposition, Galeforce | Brazen Atk/Spd, Desperation, Armor March, Heavy Blade.

Good idea, or just worth for Arena scoring ?

2 hours ago, Ledrert said:

Is Galeforce worth being inherited by one Amor Unit with March Armor ? I was thinking about doing that :

W!Robin (+Atk -Res) : Slaying Axe+ (+Spd), Reposition, Galeforce | Brazen Atk/Spd, Desperation, Armor March, Heavy Blade.

Good idea, or just worth for Arena scoring ?

In my opinion, I would run Armor March on ranged armor units rather than melee armor units. Ranged armor units need the buffs to function well. If you do not have ranged armor units, then I think WE!Robin is fine with Armor March assuming he is your best armor.

Other than that, I think your set looks fine. I am a bit iffy on Brazen since Heavy Blade is less likely to activate during the first round of combat, so just make sure you buff him with Hone Armor or something before he moves out.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

In my opinion, I would run Armor March on ranged armor units rather than melee armor units. Ranged armor units need the buffs to function well. If you do not have ranged armor units, then I think WE!Robin is fine with Armor March assuming he is your best armor.

Other than that, I think your set looks fine. I am a bit iffy on Brazen since Heavy Blade is less likely to activate during the first round of combat, so just make sure you buff him with Hone Armor or something before he moves out.

Got only Tharja as ranged armor, but she's better as a tank. I didn't pull for Halloween since I didn't think I'll run an armor emblem one day XD

Yup, he's generally buffed with Hone.

1 hour ago, ignis_z said:

Dudes Happy new year!

Wich is better, Cecilia ( groonblade+ calvalry team) + at - speed, or + speed - HP. Thanks!.

Cecilia with Gronnblade needs +Spd. She should also run Life and Death to get her Speed to an acceptable level. Fury and Swift Sparrow does not provide enough Speed in my opinion.

You might also want to consider pulling for Gunnthrá since she performs much better with Gronnblade on a cavalry team.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Cecilia with Gronnblade needs +Spd. She should also run Life and Death to get her Speed to an acceptable level. Fury and Swift Sparrow does not provide enough Speed in my opinion.

You might also want to consider pulling for Gunnthrá since she performs much better with Gronnblade on a cavalry team.

Thanks, i got Gunthra in another calvalry. But i thought  the BEST stat for Ceci was atack not  speed.

Edited by ignis_z

1 hour ago, ignis_z said:

Thanks, i got Gunthra in another calvalry. But i thought  the BEST stat for Ceci was atack not  speed.

It depends on Cecilia's skill set and what she is trying to do.

Blade mages need more Speed to kill things. Giving them more Attack accomplishes nothing because Blade tomes already gives them more than enough Attack. Cecilia needs Speed to double attack to kill things.

I'm a cheapskate so I run Darting Blow on my 4* +10 Blade Cecilia but the principle remains, +spd is what you want. Along with Desperation she usually sweeps everything on the map regardless of colour. With L&D she might not survive the counter from some units like BK or Ike, but then again she might OHKO instead. I'll let someone smarter than me calculate which matchups will end up more favourable though.

+Atk Cecilia is great too, but with her stock Raven tome. So I built two, the Blade one for Arena and general content, and Raven for AA and the occasional archer countering.

Any thoughts on what build to give a +Res/-Def NY!Camilla? Assume she's on a flier team and keeps Ward Fliers and Spd/Def Bond.

The three weapons I'm considering are her Default Kadomatsu, Wo Dao and Slaying Edge. Her A Skill is easier to trigger on the enemy phase so I considered Slaying Edge (Def) and Bonfire so she can get to 37 def and 1 round Bonfire. The other idea is Wo Dao (Spd) and Moonbow, which would give her 47/38(+5 with A skill) offenses. The 3rd option is investing in a support build with Kadomatsu and a Spur skill for her Seal slot.

Thoughts? I'm planning on giving her Swordbreaker regardless.

5 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Any thoughts on what build to give a +Res/-Def NY!Camilla? Assume she's on a flier team and keeps Ward Fliers and Spd/Def Bond.

The three weapons I'm considering are her Default Kadomatsu, Wo Dao and Slaying Edge. Her A Skill is easier to trigger on the enemy phase so I considered Slaying Edge (Def) and Bonfire so she can get to 37 def and 1 round Bonfire. The other idea is Wo Dao (Spd) and Moonbow, which would give her 47/38(+5 with A skill) offenses. The 3rd option is investing in a support build with Kadomatsu and a Spur skill for her Seal slot.

Thoughts? I'm planning on giving her Swordbreaker regardless.

I would take off Spd/Def Bond and run Fury if you have Fury fodder. Having better stats without a positioning requirement is more flexible in my opinion.

I think her default Kadomatsu is fine. It compliments her Ward Fliers well. It is basically Fortify Fliers that can reach two spaces without being affected by Panic.

On 1/3/2018 at 6:52 PM, XRay said:

I would take off Spd/Def Bond and run Fury if you have Fury fodder. Having better stats without a positioning requirement is more flexible in my opinion.

I think her default Kadomatsu is fine. It compliments her Ward Fliers well. It is basically Fortify Fliers that can reach two spaces without being affected by Panic.

Do you think a Spd refine would be best?

48 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Do you think a Spd refine would be best?

Yes. It will help her do more doubles and prevent enemies from doubling as well.

my Micaiah build:

Brash Assault 2 atm but will be 3 next week
I thought: none Distant Counter units arent a threat, so how can i kill Distant Counter units guaranteed?
With Sacrifice she can enter Desperation / Brash Assault range easy, because its not limited to 10 HP max. Which means she will Brash Assault + Desperation her way through any Distant Counter/Mage/Bow user/Dragon Stone with Lightning Breath user. I think that helps also ensure kills against Armored units.

Edited by Hilda