Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

I just started anew and rerolled on the Legendary Banner until i could form an armor team of Liki+Lector+Bector+BK (yep, didn't pull the free Veronica) and while pondering about their build a question came to mind: in a vacuum, which one is the better skill: Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter? I know the best setup for an armor is Breath+Bold+QR Seal, but since only 1 of your units can run that, what B-Slot does an ideal Armor Team use? Is it composed of 1 Bold/Breath/QR + 3 Vengeful or do some armors prefer Bold over Vengeful? I always thought that being ep focused units all armors wanted Vengeful, but I'm curious what more experienced player think

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

I just started anew and rerolled on the Legendary Banner until i could form an armor team of Liki+Lector+Bector+BK (yep, didn't pull the free Veronica) and while pondering about their build a question came to mind: in a vacuum, which one is the better skill: Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter? I know the best setup for an armor is Breath+Bold+QR Seal, but since only 1 of your units can run that, what B-Slot does an ideal Armor Team use? Is it composed of 1 Bold/Breath/QR + 3 Vengeful or do some armors prefer Bold over Vengeful? I always thought that being ep focused units all armors wanted Vengeful, but I'm curious what more experienced player think

I recommend making a 3 armor core instead of 4. You cannot rely on the fourth armor unit in Arena since you want to run bonus units, and a lot of quests want you to run a specific unit or a specific type of unit. I will focus on either AOTB!Hector or LD!Y!Tiki, not both at the same time.

I am not an experienced armor player, but I do run an armor core as Team 1 in Arena Assault with either BB!Lyn or NS!Corrin as the fourth unit for either better healing or better mobility. I find Enemy Phase armor units easier to use and I just have them sit there and Swap around as necessary. Dual phase armor unit is nice as you get to take better advantage of which phase your enemy is weaker in, but it may mean you need to move out of your choke point or Ward Armor range to attack an enemy.

If you want multiple dual phase armor units, Arden, AOTB!Ephraim, Hector, MOO!Hector, and AOTB!Hector do not need Quick Riposte Sacred Seal to do it since they got the Quick Riposte effect elsewhere. In your current setup, if you run AOTB!Hector, MOO!Hector, and Black Knight, AOTB!Hector just needs Bold Fighter to run a dual phase build, and you can then run Quick Riposte Sacred Seal on MOO!Hector or Black Knight.

@DefyingFates Breaths are basically "Atk"/Stat Stance, with the "increasing cool down charge per attack" effect being the "Atk" portion. Running a higher damage Special accomplishes the same thing as increasing Atk, but is generally better since it is not affected by the triangle and switching to a higher damage Special deals more damage overall.

For example, for a Def/Res tank, Atk/Def Stance's Atk +4 is a low compared to Steady Breath's "Atk +6", assuming the unit has 40 Def and is switching from Bonfire to Ignis (12 = 40*(0.8-0.5)).

For a Spd tank, the average Def of enemies is about 30, so Moonbow deals about 9 damage on average; most Spd tanks have around 45+ Atk, so Dragon Fang deals about 22+ damage. Moonbow-Kestral Stance is basically about 8.5 (8.5=0.5(9)+4) damage per hit, while Dragon Fang-Darting Breath is about 11+ damage per hit.

Edited by XRay

Galeforce; I cannot edit my previous post.

On 10/2/2018 at 3:46 PM, Xenomata said:

I have no idea what led me to think Questions was where to ask this question...

I would prioritize Vengeful Fighter over Close Counter. Anything Close Counter can do, Distant Counter can do much, much better; melee units got higher stats and can run additional effects from their Weapon. Owl tomes does not fully addresses the stat gap unless you fully surround the unit, and it does not offer any additional effects, unlike Wo and Slaying Weapons.

44 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would prioritize Vengeful Fighter over Close Counter. Anything Close Counter can do, Distant Counter can do much, much better; melee units got higher stats and can run additional effects from their Weapon. Owl tomes does not fully addresses the stat gap unless you fully surround the unit, and it does not offer any additional effects, unlike Wo and Slaying Weapons.

Keeping in mind that Odin had Odin's Grimoire, which can have Atk/Spd Link build into it via forge?

I mean, if I had DC then I'd totally go for it and Vengeful on an armor without question, but I kinda don't, and without a dancer going defensive is kinda the way to use Odin's forged Grimoire...

7 hours ago, XRay said:

@DefyingFates Breaths are basically "Atk"/Stat Stance, with the "increasing cool down charge per attack" effect being the "Atk" portion. Running a higher damage Special accomplishes the same thing as increasing Atk, but is generally better since it is not affected by the triangle and switching to a higher damage Special deals more damage overall.

For example, for a Def/Res tank, Atk/Def Stance's Atk +4 is a low compared to Steady Breath's "Atk +6", assuming the unit has 40 Def and is switching from Bonfire to Ignis (12 = 40*(0.8-0.5)).

For a Spd tank, the average Def of enemies is about 30, so Moonbow deals about 9 damage on average; most Spd tanks have around 45+ Atk, so Dragon Fang deals about 22+ damage. Moonbow-Kestral Stance is basically about 8.5 (8.5=0.5(9)+4) damage per hit, while Dragon Fang-Darting Stace is about 11+ damage per hit.

I assume this is in response to my Darting Breath question? Thank you!

11 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Keeping in mind that Odin had Odin's Grimoire, which can have Atk/Spd Link build into it via forge?

I mean, if I had DC then I'd totally go for it and Vengeful on an armor without question, but I kinda don't, and without a dancer going defensive is kinda the way to use Odin's forged Grimoire...

If you really like Odin and you do not plan to use him in a Player Phase set in the future, I guess you can give him Close Counter.

While Distant Counter may be limited, it is pretty easy to come by if you are pay to play or set aside some Orbs for it. Olivia and Silvia are both available in the 4* pool, and Olivia is additionally available in the 3* pool.

6 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I assume this is in response to my Darting Breath question? Thank you!

Yeah, that is just a general guideline. I still recommend checking the calculator just to be safe, since it is not always obvious which Breath is better. For example Nowi is generally built as a Def/Res tank, but once Darting Breath is released, Nowi can be more effectively run as Spd tank instead.

@XRay I'm not saying Dancers are hard to come by (actually I not only have enough dancers to have one in all 7 Arena Assault battles and still have one unused, but I just got another Dancer as well (Sylvia)), but rather Odin having the Atk/Spd Link refine means he needs a Dancer to reciprocate him if he wants to take advantage of the effect on Player Phase, otherwise he needs to run an enemy-phase set. And his player phase as a Bladetome... it sucks, downright. If I really need a Blarblade user, I have plenty of other Blue mages to do the deed.

Do I like him? Heck no, not as a unit at least. I'm only invested in him now because his weapon is shiny and new and looks REALLY cool when being cast, but it'll mean nothing if I can't even secure a +Atk copy of him. I just needed to make sure we weren't trying to assume I was gonna go Owltome build on Odin.

...anyways, so quickly I need to ask another question, but spare Wo Dao+ finally thanks to Karel appearing. I'll probably SI in such a way the target unit gets both Wo Dao+ and Desperation 3 in the same SI. Anyways, here's all the Swordies I'd consider giving the Wo Dao+ to, as well as any additional notes.

Spoiler

Gray [+Spd -HP] While Zanbato+ is okay, I'm not even using Gray as extra Cavalry killing fodder like I sometimes do Ursula, so he kinda needs some other gimmick to ride on.

Leif [+Spd -HP +1] Light Brand is okay, but a forged Wo Dao can let Leif reach rather absurd Speed and deadly Skill triggers if he packs Moonbow/Glimmer, S Drink, and Quickened Pulse.

Olivia [+Spd -HP] As is, Olivia isn't even seeing combat. She currently holds a Ruby Sword, but doesn't do a lot against Greens anyways. Wo Dao+ and TA3 may lead to Green encounters being deadly.

Hana [+Spd -HP] She currently holds the Armorsmasher+ Spd refine, but for more general usage she may appreciate the Wo Dao+.

Arden: Currently holds a Slaying Edge, but Wo Dao+ would enable even stronger Bonfire triggers, and even death-triggering Ignises if paired with Vengeful Fighter.

Sky Olivia [+Atk -Def] Would let Olivia enter combat more reliably, as she would have an actual in-battle effect rather than a support effect.

HNY!Camilla [+Spd -Res] Same as Olivia, but Camilla is faster, just as strong, and far bulkier than Olivia above, though without the ability to refresh allies.

All of the following are 4* or lower and require feathers to reach 5*.

Ogma [+Atk -Res] Given his raw power and decent Speed, I feel he could get good benefit out of this sword.

Hinata [+Def -Res] Would enable deadly Moonbow/Glimmer triggers on enemy phase, as this Hinata will probably be on the edge of being bulky slow enough to be doubled naturally...

Draug [+Def -Spd] Would probably even convince me to give Draug Vengeful Fighter and Ignis.

Palla [+Atk -HP, +Spd -Def, and +Spd -Res] Not decided on a nature yet, and I have yet to punch in each individual nature into a simulator to find out which one gets the most kills with Wo Dao+, assuming I even give it to Palla (though I kinda do since I already have Catria, Est, and Minerva promoted to 5*, and I'm a sucker for themed teams).

18 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Do I like him? Heck no, not as a unit at least. I'm only invested in him now because his weapon is shiny and new and looks REALLY cool when being cast, but it'll mean nothing if I can't even secure a +Atk copy of him. I just needed to make sure we weren't trying to assume I was gonna go Owltome build on Odin.

If that is the case, then I would just slap Triangle Adept 2 on him and call it a day, he will be useful in Arena Assault. Unless the character is your favorite or you really like how the character performs, Close Counter is still a pretty big investment and I would not throw it away on a whim to a character you barely like.

18 hours ago, Xenomata said:

...anyways, so quickly I need to ask another question, but spare Wo Dao+ finally thanks to Karel appearing. I'll probably SI in such a way the target unit gets both Wo Dao+ and Desperation 3 in the same SI. Anyways, here's all the Swordies I'd consider giving the Wo Dao+ to, as well as any additional notes.

For Player Phase units, I would only give Wo Dao to units with +Spd, since they really need that double to trigger Specials. I would go with HNY!Camilla or Gray since they have not had much investment yet, but Palla is fine too if you want HNY!Camilla to keep her Kadomatsu to differentiate the two a bit.

For Enemy Phase units, generally, Wo is for Spd tanks while Def/Res tanks prefer Slaying-Ignis/Glacies; Slaying-Ignis/Glacies generally outperforms Wo-Bonfire/Iceberg. Wo Dao is fine for armor units with Vengeful Fighter, but since you already invested Slaying Edge on Arden, I think it is more efficient to invest in another character.

Edited by XRay

@XRay I've ultimately come to the following conclusions from our discussion:

~Tharja will not be used for Close Counter on Odin (I can wait for Takumi if I really want to go through with expensive Odin), but as for who will receive Vengeful Fighter will have to wait and see.

~Wo Dao is going on HNY!Camilla. Wo Dao+ Spd refine, LnD3, Desperation, and Speed +3 SS plus Moonbow and a +1 merge from a spare HNY!Camilla manual puts her at 50 Spd before even one outside buff is applied, and that's not something I'd like to pass up.

So yep, thanks for the help.

3 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

Should I plan on giving my +DEF Silas Sturdy Stance (Atk + Def if foe initiates) or Steady Stance (+6 Def if foe initiates)? He’ll also have Repraisal Lance+, Close Defense SS, and Renewal/QR3.

I am going to assume optimal bane as well with -Spd.

Enemy Phase units should always run Quick Riposte in my opinion, and since he is running Close Def Sacred Seal, I will not consider Renewal.

Unless there is some specific reason why you want to run Reprisal Lance over Slaying Lance, I would be switching it out, as Slaying Lance is superior with its higher total damage output.
Reprisal 7+7 = 14 damage
Slaying (0.8-0.5)*53 = 15 damage
Slaying (0.8-0.5)*55 = 16 damage

Silas Steady Stance
Enemy Phase [full list+Spd] 127:16:25
Enemy Phase [full list+Atk] 119:30:19
Enemy Phase [hard list+10] 89:74:59

Silas Sturdy Stance
Enemy Phase [full list+Spd] 129:25:14
Enemy Phase [full list+Atk] 119:36:13
Enemy Phase [hard list+10] 89:83:50

My interpretation of the data is that Steady Stance does better against hard hitting opponents by surviving more often, while Sturdy Stance scores a little more kills against faster opponents but at the cost of a lot more deaths. In my opinion, I think Steady Stance is better overall and is applicable in more situations.

Here is the calculator.

Challenger (I have also included Reprisal Lance for comparison so you can see the details for yourself if you wish.)

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Silas (5* +def -spd)  
Weapon: Slaying Lance+  
Special: Ignis  
A: Steady Stance 3  
B: Quick Riposte 3  
S: Close Def 3  
Upgrade Path: 3  

Silas (5* +def -spd)  
A: Sturdy Stance 2  

Silas (5* +def -spd)  
Weapon: Reprisal Lance+  
Special: Bonfire  
A: Steady Stance 3  

Silas (5* +def -spd)  
Weapon: Reprisal Lance+  
A: Sturdy Stance 2  

Enemy Full List

Spoiler

ENEMIES - FILTERED FULL LIST  
Include: melee, red, blue, green, gray, physical, magical, infantry, cavalry, flying, armored, staff, nonstaff  
Rarity: 5*  
Merge: +5  
Boon: +spd  
Special: Moonbow  
Replace Special: true  
A: Fury 3  
Replace A: true  

— — — — — — —

ENEMIES - FILTERED FULL LIST  
Include: melee, red, blue, green, gray, physical, magical, infantry, cavalry, flying, armored, staff, nonstaff  
Rarity: 5*  
Merge: +5  
Boon: +atk  
Replace Special: true  
Replace A: true 

Hard List+10

Spoiler

ENEMIES - CUSTOM LIST  
Beruka (5*+10 +def)  
Weapon: Slaying Axe+  
A: Distant Counter  
S: Distant Def 3  

Caeda (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Wing Sword  
Special: Iceberg  
Upgrade Path: 5  

Caeda (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Wing Sword  
A: Swift Sparrow 2  
B: Guard 3  
S: Speed 3  

Camilla (5*+10 +spd)  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Camilla (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Handbell+  

Camilla (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Giant Spoon+  

Camilla (Spring) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Gronnblade+  
Special: Glimmer  
A: Death Blow 4  
S: Attack 3  

Camilla (Spring) (5*+10 +spd)  
B: Windsweep 3  

Celica (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Ragnarok  
Special: Luna  
B: Swordbreaker 3  

Celica (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Ragnarok  
A: Life and Death 3  

Cherche (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Brave Axe+  

Cherche (5*+10 +atk)  

Cordelia (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Brave Lance+  

Cordelia (5*+10 +atk)  

Cordelia (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Firesweep Lance+  

Cordelia (5*+10 +spd)  

Cordelia (Bride) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Brave Bow+  

S: Quickened Pulse  

Cordelia (Bride) (5*+10 +spd)  

Cordelia (Bride) (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Firesweep Bow+  

Corrin(F) (Summer) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Blarblade+  
B: B Tomebreaker 3  

Corrin(F) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Lightning Breath+  
A: Steady Breath  

Corrin(F) (Summer) (5*+10 +spd)  

Delthea (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Dark Aura  

Delthea (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Dark Aura  

Dorcas (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Stout Tomahawk  
A: Warding Breath  
B: Wrath 3  

Draug (5*+10 +def)  
Weapon: Wo Dao+  
B: Bold Fighter 3  
S: Quick Riposte 3  
Upgrade Path: 1  

Draug (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Slaying Edge+  

Azura (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Sapphire Lance+  
C: Fortify Res 3  

Effie (5*+10 +atk)  

Effie (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Tannenboom!+  
B: Wary Fighter 3  
S: Deflect Magic 3  
Upgrade Path: 4  

Effie (5*+10 +atk)  

Effie (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Berkut's Lance+  

Effie (5*+10 +atk)  

Effie (5*+10 +atk)  

Effie (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Ridersbane+  

Effie (5*+10 +atk)  

Eldigan (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Mystletainn  

Elincia (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Amiti  

Elincia (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Amiti  

Elincia (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Firesweep Sword+  

Elise (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Gravity+  
Special: Miracle  
A: Atk Spd 2  
B: Wrathful Staff 3  
Upgrade Path: 7  

Elise (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Gravity+  
Special: Miracle  
A: Close Def 3  
B: Wrathful Staff 3  
Upgrade Path: 7  

Elise (Summer) (5*+10 +spd)  
B: G Tomebreaker 3  

Ephraim (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Siegmund  

Ephraim (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Siegmund  

Fae (5*+10 +spd)  

Fae (5*+10)  

Frederick (5*+10 +atk)  

Hector (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Armads  

Hector (5*+10 +atk)  

Hector (5*+10 +spd)  

Hector (5*+10 +atk)  

Ike (Brave) (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Urvan  
Special: Aether  

Ike (Brave) (5*+10 +spd)  
B: Beorc's Blessing  

Ike (Brave) (5*+10 +spd)  

Ike (Brave) (5*+10 +atk)  

Julia (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Divine Naga  

Katarina (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Raudrblade+  

Katarina (5*+10 +spd)  

Morgan(M) (5*+10 +spd)  

Leo (5*+10 +atk)  
B: R Tomebreaker 3  

Leon (5*+10 +atk)  

Lilina (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Forblaze  
S: Heavy Blade 3  

Linde (5*+10 +spd)  

Linde (5*+10 +spd)  

Lucina (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Falchion  

Lucina (Brave) (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Geirskogul  

Lyn (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Sol Katti  

Lyn (Brave) (5*+10 +atk)  
B: Sacae's Blessing  

Lyn (Brave) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Firesweep Bow+  
B: Cancel Affinity 3  

Lyn (Brave) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Mulagir  
B: Sacae's Blessing  

Minerva (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Hauteclere  

Minerva (5*+10 +spd)  

Minerva (5*+10 +spd)  

Nino (5*+10 +spd)  

Nino (5*+10 +spd)  

Nowi (5*+10 +atk)  

Nowi (5*+10 +spd)  

Nowi (5*+10 +atk)  

Nowi (5*+10 +atk)  

Olwen (5*+10 +atk)  
S: Phantom Spd 3  

Olwen (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Dire Thunder  

Reinhardt (5*+10 +atk)  
B: Watersweep 3  

Reinhardt (5*+10 +atk)  

Roy (Brave) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Blazing Durandal  

Roy (Brave) (5*+10 +spd)  
Special: Dragon Fang  

Roy (Brave) (5*+10 +spd)  

Roy (Brave) (5*+10 +spd)  

Ryoma (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Raijinto  

Ryoma (5*+10 +spd)  

Ryoma (5*+10 +spd)  

Ryoma (5*+10 +spd)  

Sanaki (5*+10 +atk)  

Sanaki (5*+10 +spd)  

Sheena (5*+10 +atk)  

Sheena (5*+10 +atk)  
B: Vengeful Fighter 3  

Tana (5*+10 +atk)  

Tana (5*+10 +spd)  

Tharja (5*+10 +spd)  

Tharja (5*+10 +spd)  

Tiki(Y) (5*+10 +spd)  

Tiki(Y) (5*+10 +spd)  

Tiki(A) (5*+10 +atk)  

Tiki(A) (5*+10 +atk)  

Tiki(A) (5*+10 +atk)  

Tiki(A) (5*+10 +res)  

Titania (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Emerald Axe+  

Zephiel (5*+10)  

Sigurd (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Slaying Edge  

Sigurd (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Divine Tyrfing  
B: Crusader's Ward  

Deirdre (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Divine Naga  

Ayra (5*+10 +spd)  
Special: Regnal Astra  

Ayra (5*+10 +atk)  

Ayra (5*+10 +spd)  

Ayra (5*+10 +atk)  

Arden (5*+10)  
B: Follow-Up Ring  

Arden (5*+10)  

Arden (5*+10)  
Weapon: Brave Sword+  

Jakob (TOD) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Slaying Bow+  
A: Close Counter  

Jakob (TOD) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Guard Bow+  

Jakob (TOD) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Slaying Bow+  

Jakob (TOD) (5*+10 +atk)  

Jakob (TOD) (5*+10 +atk)  

Henry (TOD) (5*+10 +atk)  

Nowi (TOD) (5*+10 +spd)  

Mia (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Resolute Blade  
A: Flashing Blade 3  

Mia (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Resolute Blade  

Dorcas (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Stout Tomahawk  

Siegbert (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Dark Greatsword  

Siegbert (5*+10 +atk)  
A: Heavy Blade 3  

Siegbert (5*+10 +spd)  

Siegbert (5*+10 +spd)  

Siegbert (5*+10 +spd)  

Chrom (WE) (5*+10 +atk)  

Chrom (WE) (5*+10 +atk)  

Chrom (WE) (5*+10 +atk)  

Lissa (WE) (5*+10 +atk)  

Lissa (WE) (5*+10 +atk)  

Robin(M) (WE) (5*+10 +atk)  

Tharja (WE) (5*+10 +def)  
Weapon: Candelabra+  

Tharja (WE) (5*+10 +atk)  

Zelgius (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Alondite  
Special: Black Luna  

Zelgius (5*+10 +atk)  

Zelgius (5*+10 +atk)  

Zelgius (5*+10 +atk)  

Zelgius (5*+10 +atk)  

Myrrh (5*+10 +def)  
Weapon: Great Flame  

Myrrh (5*+10 +def)  
S: Iote's Shield  

Myrrh (5*+10 +def)  

Ike (VL) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Ragnell  

Ike (VL) (5*+10 +atk)  
Special: Radiant Aether  

Ike (VL) (5*+10 +atk)  

Lyn (LA) (5*+10 +atk)  

Hector (LA) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Berserk Armads  

Hector (LA) (5*+10 +atk)  

Hector (LA) (5*+10 +atk)  

Hector (LA) (5*+10 +atk)  

Hector (LA) (5*+10 +atk)  

Hector (LA) (5*+10 +atk)  

Hector (LA) (5*+10 +atk)  

Alm (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Falchion  

Hardin (FH) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Gradivus  

Hardin (FH) (5*+10 +atk)  

Hardin (FH) (5*+10 +atk)  

Robin(M) (FH) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Expiration  

Robin(F) (FV) (5*+10 +spd)  
A: Dragonskin  

Fir (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Nameless Blade  

Fir (5*+10 +atk)  

Karel (5*+10 +atk)  

Ephraim (LL) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Flame Siegmund  
Special: Galeforce  

Olwen (WT) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Thunderhead  

Olwen (WT) (5*+10 +spd)  

Olwen (WT) (5*+10 +spd)  

Leif (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Light Brand  
B: S Drink  

Leif (5*+10 +atk)  

Leif (5*+10 +atk)  
Special: Astra  

Leif (5*+10 +spd)  

Leif (5*+10 +atk)  

Reinhardt (WT) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Meisterschwert  

Shigure (5*+10 +spd)  

Kana(F) (5*+10 +atk)  

Kana(F) (5*+10 +spd)  

Hinoka (WF) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Warrior Princess  

Ishtar (5*+10 +atk -res)  
Weapon: Mjolnir  

Ryoma (SS) (5*+10 +spd)  
B: Bushido  

Ryoma (SS) (5*+10 +spd)  

Ryoma (SS) (5*+10)  

Ryoma (SS) (5*+10 +atk)  

Hector (Brave) (5*+10 +atk -spd)  
Weapon: Maltet  
A: Ostian Counter  

Hector (Brave) (5*+10 +def -spd)  
B: Special Fighter 3  

Hector (Brave) (5*+10 +atk -spd)  

Ephraim (Brave) (5*+10 +atk -res)  
Weapon: Garm  

Ephraim (Brave) (5*+10 +atk -res)  
Weapon: Garm  

Celica (Brave) (5*+10 +atk -res)  
Weapon: Royal Sword  
B: Double Lion  

Celica (Brave) (5*+10 +spd -res)  
Weapon: Royal Sword  

Weapon: Armorsmasher+  

Hector (MO) (5*+10 +atk -res)  
Weapon: Thunder Armads  

Hector (MO) (5*+10 +atk -spd)  

Hector (MO) (5*+10 +atk -res)  

Tiki(Y) (5*+10 +spd -res)  

Tiki(Y) (5*+10 +spd -res)  

Lyn (LA) (5*+10 +spd -res)  
Special: Glacies  

Amelia (5*+10 +spd -res)  

Amelia (5*+10 +spd -res)  

Zelgius (5*+10 +atk -res)  

Karla (5*+10 +atk -res)  
Weapon: Vassal's Blade  

Karla (5*+10 +atk -res)  
Special: Draconic Aura  

Karla (5*+10 +atk -res)  
Special: Draconic Aura  

Edited by XRay

I have this +atk/-HP Beruka who I want to build as a wall who can kill the enemy in retaliation.

This is the first time I attempt to build a character but for my wife I'm willing to do anything (except sacrifice units I don't have a spare of. So no Distant Counter).

I'm planning to use her in a Flier Team with powerful units I have: Bow Hinoka, Summer Camilla, Flying Olivia. So I want to give her abilities useful in a flyer team.

She already has Goad Flyier since I have Camilla to boost atk and spd, but I could also give her Fortify.

What other skills should I give her?

I'm thinking of giving her the Fierce Stance mixed with Steady Stance H!Dorcas has for the A-slot. For the special I'm thinking Bonfire to make use of her high defense. I already have a Slaying Axe as her weapon, which needs to be refined, so if you can suggest which stat I should refine I'm willing to listen and learn.

For the other skills and the S slot I'm open to suggestions.

Screenshot_2018-10-16-17-37-39.png

38 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I have this +atk/-HP Beruka who I want to build as a wall who can kill the enemy in retaliation.

This is the first time I attempt to build a character but for my wife I'm willing to do anything (except sacrifice units I don't have a spare of. So no Distant Counter).

I'm planning to use her in a Flier Team with powerful units I have: Bow Hinoka, Summer Camilla, Flying Olivia. So I want to give her abilities useful in a flyer team.

She already has Goad Flyier since I have Camilla to boost atk and spd, but I could also give her Fortify.

What other skills should I give her?

I'm thinking of giving her the Fierce Stance mixed with Steady Stance H!Dorcas has for the A-slot. For the special I'm thinking Bonfire to make use of her high defense. I already have a Slaying Axe as her weapon, which needs to be refined, so if you can suggest which stat I should refine I'm willing to listen and learn.

For the other skills and the S slot I'm open to suggestions.

Screenshot_2018-10-16-17-37-39.png

I would go with [+Def, -Spd] if you can summon that nature in the future. +Def helps her taken on axe units more effectively and the -Spd ensures she can more reliably activate a high cooldown Special.

I would go with her default Slaying Axe with Def Refine and give her Ignis. I prefer Reposition on all my units, but if you are low on that, I recommend Swap on Enemy Phase units to both stick themselves into Enemy Range while pulling allies out at the same time.

For her A slot, Steady Stance is good, but you might want to double check and compare it to Sturdy Stance. Res Refine and Mirror Stance are also fine if you want to turn her into a mixed tank. Atk/Def Bond and Atk/Res Bond should also be considered if you have them, but Bonds do have positioning requirements though.

Quick Riposte should be on B slot. If you are running Guard, then Quick Riposte should be on the Sacred Seal slot.

I recommend giving her Goad Fliers and have one of her teammates run Fortify Fliers. Beruka wants to be the one getting defensive buffs.

For Sacred Seal, I recommend Close Def.

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go with [+Def, -Spd] if you can summon that nature in the future. +Def helps her taken on axe units more effectively and the -Spd ensures she can more reliably activate a high cooldown Special.

I would go with her default Slaying Axe with Def Refine and give her Ignis. I prefer Reposition on all my units, but if you are low on that, I recommend Swap on Enemy Phase units to both stick themselves into Enemy Range while pulling allies out at the same time.

For her A slot, Steady Stance is good, but you might want to double check and compare it to Sturdy Stance. Res Refine and Mirror Stance are also fine if you want to turn her into a mixed tank. Atk/Def Bond and Atk/Res Bond should also be considered if you have them, but Bonds do have positioning requirements though.

Quick Riposte should be on B slot. If you are running Guard, then Quick Riposte should be on the Sacred Seal slot.

I recommend giving her Goad Fliers and have one of her teammates run Fortify Fliers. Beruka wants to be the one getting defensive buffs.

For Sacred Seal, I recommend Close Def.

Trust me I have a history of -Def and -atk Berukas. I'm satisfied of what I got even without a perfect nature. I'm unsure about Res refine and mirror stance. On one hand I don't plan to give her Distant Counter, so she shouldn't fight mages, but on the other hand Dragons are getting more and more prevalent. I guess I could give her both things and refine her weapon twice so she can fill both roles depending on the situation. She has a ton of SP anyway.

Quick reposte is a good idea I will give her that.

And I don't have a shortage of reposition, i pull Barst regularly.

Thanks for the help. :)

If anyone else has other ideas don't be shy, I'm open to all possibilities.

• 1 month later...

So, got a +HP/-Res Bow Hinoka last night from the TT banner. Any recommendations on how to build her aside from giving her Reposition and not giving her Ploy skills? And I don't intend to replace her weapon (no Faye's available and don't feel like replacing her weapon when Cordelia wants another weapon and Gwen wants merges).

5 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

So, got a +HP/-Res Bow Hinoka last night from the TT banner. Any recommendations on how to build her aside from giving her Reposition and not giving her Ploy skills? And I don't intend to replace her weapon (no Faye's available and don't feel like replacing her weapon when Cordelia wants another weapon and Gwen wants merges).

Just give her a regular Player Phase build. You can also use Desperation-Brash Assault to help kill fast armors like LD!Tiki.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I’ve got an extra Eir and I was thinking of her Mystic Boost to someone, but I’m not sure who. I was thinking Deirdre or Julia, but they both need Quick Riposte.

Hold off on Mystic Boost until we see what Deirdre and Julia get for their weapon refines.

In general, you want it on a ranged unit who is intended to fight dragons and has significantly higher Res than Def or on a unit meant to bait staffies.

Alternatively, it can be used with the 2017 Easter weapons to heal 10 HP after every round of combat.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hold off on Mystic Boost until we see what Deirdre and Julia get for their weapon refines.

In general, you want it on a ranged unit who is intended to fight dragons and has significantly higher Res than Def or on a unit meant to bait staffies.

It could be useful on a Raven tome user now that I think about it, but I really think the skill shines when fighting Dragons. Problem is, other than Deirdre and Julia is there another ranged unit meant to fight Dragons?

5 hours ago, Water Mage said:

It could be useful on a Raven tome user now that I think about it, but I really think the skill shines when fighting Dragons. Problem is, other than Deirdre and Julia is there another ranged unit meant to fight Dragons?

If you somehow have a spare Cloud Maiougi to hand out, there's Kaze, Halloween Sakura, and Kagero that can use it, though it's obviously an expensive option.

Other than that, you can kind of argue that any usual Litrblade user with high Res can count as a check against dragons when they have Mystic Boost.

5 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Innes does not need it since he got Firesweep against dragons, and archers in general do not need it due to having access to Firesweep Bow. Mystic Boost is completely obsolete on archers in my opinion since Firesweep basically soft counters everything.

Flora does not need it either since Hoarfrost Knife patches her Def, but dagger users with Cloud Maiougi can use it to disable dragon breath effect. You can check dagger users here on the stat page. Kagero and Kaze are both cheap candidates to run Cloud Maiougi.

For mages, I do not really see a point in running Mystic Boost if they do not release an inheritable dragon effective tome, since the point of Mystic Boost is to give ranged units an option to counter dragons right from the get go during their first round of combat. Blade mages and nuking mages are better off just running Desperation to nuke everything to high heavens with two consecutive hits.

If you want to have ranged units tank dragons during Enemy Phase, you might as well just use high Res melee units in that scenario.

Edited by XRay

5 hours ago, XRay said:

For mages, I do not really see a point in running Mystic Boost if they do not release an inheritable dragon effective tome, since the point of Mystic Boost is to give ranged units an option to counter dragons right from the get go during their first round of combat. Blade mages and nuking mages are better off just running Desperation to nuke everything to high heavens with two consecutive hits.

Which is why I think Deirdre and Julia are perfect candidates. Neither are fast enough to take advantage of Desperation and with their high Res, Breath attacks would do little damage.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you somehow have a spare Cloud Maiougi to hand out, there's Kaze, Halloween Sakura, and Kagero that can use it, though it's obviously an expensive option.

Other than that, you can kind of argue that any usual Litrblade user with high Res can count as a check against dragons when they have Mystic Boost.

Cloud Maiougi on Kaze did come to mind, but sadly I don’t have Summer Elincia. But that’s a damn good idea.

Edited by Water Mage

On 08/01/2019 at 10:56 AM, Water Mage said:

Which is why I think Deirdre and Julia are perfect candidates. Neither are fast enough to take advantage of Desperation and with their high Res, Breath attacks would do little damage.

With the new refinements, Julia and Deirdre don't need Mystic Boost anymore, unless the player want them to be able to nullify Wrathful Staff and be able to heal after combat.

Desperation + Brash Assault Seal is possible.