Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

23 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm trying to figure out a build for bunny Loki for a defensive kit. My idea are:

Gratia/ Guard Bow/ Slaying Bow

Fury/Stance/dull range/ Flier Formation 

If resource permits, I would try to "move" as many B skills to the Weapon slot and A slot as possible.

Devilish Bow

(Any Assist)

(Any Special)

Distant Def 4

(Any B) -- Quick Riposte

(Any C) -- Atk Smoke

Distant Def

For Close Counter.

Devilish Bow

(Any Assist)

(Any Special)

Close Counter

Dull Range

(Any C) -- Atk Smoke

(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Def/Res)

You can use Gratia-Guard over Devilish Bow-Dull Range, but Guard is the only skill with an HP requirement.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten a Kinoka for a while now and I was wondering whether I should give Atk/Spd Bond, Flier Formation or Flier Guidance and who'd be the best choices for each. There's also a Rhajat and I was thinking her Rally and DD3 would be good fodder too, whoever works best for the DD3 would be nice there.

For Atk/Spd bond, I had been thinking Sharena to pretty much finish her build (Desperation is her B for now) as she has Atk/Def bond available as a seal to hit +10 to all but Res, but any others suggestions are welcomed. As for the flier skills it'd probably be best for a pretty self sufficient unit, though any best choices are welcomed.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I've gotten a Kinoka for a while now and I was wondering whether I should give Atk/Spd Bond, Flier Formation or Flier Guidance and who'd be the best choices for each. There's also a Rhajat and I was thinking her Rally and DD3 would be good fodder too, whoever works best for the DD3 would be nice there.

For Atk/Spd bond, I had been thinking Sharena to pretty much finish her build (Desperation is her B for now) as she has Atk/Def bond available as a seal to hit +10 to all but Res, but any others suggestions are welcomed. As for the flier skills it'd probably be best for a pretty self sufficient unit, though any best choices are welcomed.

Flier Formation is the most valuable in my opinion from WOF!Hinoka. It competes with Desperation, but flying Blade mages can be built to be one shot nukes instead, flying archers can run slow Brave or Firesweep sets so they do not need their B slots, and the White Wings do not really need their B slot to wreck havoc.

Flier Guidance is in direct competition with Hone Fliers, Goad Fliers, and Ward Fliers, and those skills are too value to give up in my opinion. They are essentially "A" skills for allies.

Atk/Spd Bond is for tanks rather than for Player Phase units since Player Phase units often have break formation. I would stick with Fury, Swift Sparrow, or Life and Death for Player Phase. For mixed phase, I would go with Fury-Renewal. For Enemy Phase, I would pair Atk/Spd Bond with Renewal or Quick Riposte rather than Desperation.

For Distant Def, I would stick it on a ranged tank, such as Faye or Leo.

Edited by XRay

What's a good set up for Enigmatic Blade Marth based on her stats?  The one I have is plus 5 and runs the following set up- consider it a bandage set until I find something that works for her:

Spoiler

enigmatic_blade_marth__5_by_thesilentchl

Preferably not fury since recoil sucks.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What's a good set up for Enigmatic Blade Marth based on her stats?  The one I have is plus 5 and runs the following set up- consider it a bandage set until I find something that works for her:

Hide contents

enigmatic_blade_marth__5_by_thesilentchl

Preferably not fury since recoil sucks.

Seems like you are going for a support build.

Healer/Combat Medic/HP Battery:

Spoiler

Falchion [Spd]

Reciprocal Aid -- Ardent Sacrifice

(Any Special)

HP +5

Renewal -- (Any B)

(Any C)

HP +5

If you want a combat oriented build, Fury is one the best A skills in my opinion because the recoil damage is so good at reducing HP safely to get into Desperation range, and a nuke at 1 HP is not very different in performance to a nuke at 75% HP. If you do not like the recoil, then you can go for any other A skill like Swift Sparrow, Atk/Spd Solo, etc., but Life and Death is cheapest.

Spoiler

Sealed Falchion

Reposition

Moonbow

(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)

Desperation

(Any C)

Flashing Blade -- Heavy Blade -- (Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

@TheSilentChloey, I could not edit my above post, but I forgot to mention Spd tank build as well. Her bulk is kind of low though, so it might not be very effective.

Spoiler

Falchion [special] -- Falchion [Spd]

(Any Assist)

Moonbow

(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd, Spd/Def) -- Distant Counter (mostly just against dagger users and non-Brave archers)

Quick Riposte -- Guard -- Null Follow-Up

(Any C)

(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Spd, Atk/Spd, Spd/Def) -- Quick Riposte

Thanks again @XRay.

I have a +Def/-Res M!Robin and was wondering what would be a good set up to make him really frustrating to deal with?  I'm thinking Squad Assault possibly as well as CCs and maybe AA/Arena.

He's currently running Tactical Bolt (Unrefined), Harsh Command, Ignus, HP+5 (might swap for another A skill, haven't decided yet), Vantage, Spur Def 3 (might swap to Savage Blow 3 or another C Skill haven't decided yet) and Savage Blow 3 S Seal.

5 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I have a +Def/-Res M!Robin and was wondering what would be a good set up to make him really frustrating to deal with?  I'm thinking Squad Assault possibly as well as CCs and maybe AA/Arena.

Frustrating for yourself, for the AI, or for opponents in Arena and Aether Raids?

Frustrating for yourself is easy and generally not recommended. Frustrating for the AI is hard because the AI does not experience human emotions like frustration.

I'm hard-pressed to come up with any build that would make Robin at all threatening as a defense unit. His extremely balanced stats mean that he cannot really excel at anything, making him easily exploitable by most player-controlled units.

I would more focus on making him work for a specific role he needs to play on the team. If you're using Tactical Bolt, run a standard Triangle Adept build. If you end up giving him the unique refine on Tactical Bolt, his C skills should be Drive-type skills so as to not overlap with his weapon's effect.

His B skill with Tactical Bolt should be a Weaponbreaker, Quick Riposte, or one of the specialized skills, like Dull Ranged or Guard (with Quick Riposte in the Sacred Seal slot).

If you want to run a Close Counter build, he should ditch Tactical Bolt and use Blarowl with a Def refine instead. His B skill with this build should be Guard (with Quick Riposte in the Sacred Seal slot) or Quick Riposte (with a Bond skill, Close Def, or Distant Def in the Sacred Seal slot).

Blarblade can also be used with Close Counter as a Vantage sweeper, but he's extremely outclassed in this role. You can also make him a Blarblade nuke, but he's still outclassed.

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

The only time I had trouble dealing with a Raven mage recently in Arena was against a blue spam team and I was caught off guard a bit.

I was using Reinhardt to take down M!Robin but I think he was running Deflect Magic or something and counter killed my Reinhardt instead. My other units are BH!Lyn and Olivia and I think the bonus unit was Alfonse, so I just surrendered.

Blue spam does not really work in other PvP defense modes though since players will just run something green for Arena Assault, and blue spam will cause you too much losses in Aether Raids.

Edited by XRay

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

For a CC Vantage Leon (+Atk), is it better to stick with his Slaying Bow, or switch to Fishie or Devilish Bow?

I assume he is strictly for countering flier balls, since otherwise his Atk is way too low for Counter-Vantage in general.

Fishie Bow does nothing on Enemy Phase. Vantage units are not meant to be "hit" at all on Enemy Phase (they are supposed to kill the foe in one hit by retaliating first), so Devilish Bow does not do anything for them either, and Guard will not save them anyways with their HP already at 75% or less.

Slaying Bow is okay if you run it with Moonbow, but its damage output fluctuates a lot between every other round of combat. I prefer Silver Bow for its more consistent higher Atk.

...Is it weird that I kinda want to give Leanne distant counter? Everyone I have with higher resistance either already has it in some way, isn’t gonna be used any time soon, or is a mage/dagger user. Her team does struggle a bit with mages (Idunn has great resistance, but her movement and speed hurt and I don’t want to give up her fortress def/res for distant counter), but her attack does leave a lot to be desired, and I should probably save it for someone that wants it more...on the other hand, I love Leanne and I love having refreshers that are actually combat ready. I was thinking of pairing it with distant guard on her. Any thoughts?

42 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

...Is it weird that I kinda want to give Leanne distant counter? Everyone I have with higher resistance either already has it in some way, isn’t gonna be used any time soon, or is a mage/dagger user. Her team does struggle a bit with mages (Idunn has great resistance, but her movement and speed hurt and I don’t want to give up her fortress def/res for distant counter), but her attack does leave a lot to be desired, and I should probably save it for someone that wants it more...on the other hand, I love Leanne and I love having refreshers that are actually combat ready. I was thinking of pairing it with distant guard on her. Any thoughts?

Distant Counter is okay as long as she is not tanking magic nukes. Mage nukes hit super hard, and some are also really fast. Ophelia is untankable unless you fully invest into Res. Celica, Ishtar, Lewyn, etc. are really fast, so you are basically forced to run Darting Stance to prevent doubles just to survive, and you also have to be sure that the enemy Dancers/Singers cannot give the nuke another turn.

I've been looking into Felicia builds and am thinking the following:

+Spd/-Def IV

Felicia's Plate +Spd Refine

Not sure assist

Native special

The oh so disliked Fury 3 for A

Desperation 3 B

And Unsure C Skill (Which one is recommended for this set up?)

And possibly +Atk or something to augment Felicia's Spd/Res Ploy?

22 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

+Spd/-Def IV

Not sure assist

Native special

Desperation 3 B

What Spd/Res Ploy? She doesn't have that ability.

Def Ploy is probably the most convenient Ploy to use on her though. Or you can double up on the Ploys with the seal slot. Since Res Ploy is 5* exclusive, it's more convenient to sack an Arvis for Def Ploy, and use the Res Ploy seal.

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

What Spd/Res Ploy? She doesn't have that ability.

Def Ploy is probably the most convenient Ploy to use on her though. Or you can double up on the Ploys with the seal slot. Since Res Ploy is 5* exclusive, it's more convenient to sack an Arvis for Def Ploy, and use the Res Ploy seal.

Sorry I did mean S-Seal Opps XD

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Sorry I did mean S-Seal Opps XD

Another novel thing you can do is quad-smoke. Atk Smoke from 4* Kaze in the C-slot, plus the Spd Smoke seal and you have -7 to all enemy stats in a 2 tile radius.

I want to invest into Rutger more, but I'm having trouble building him. Since I already have heavily invested into Soleil, I want to differentiate him by making him more of a mixed phase bruiser. That being said, I'm not sure if my current build is optimal.

Spoiler

Weapon: Slaying Edge (+Def)

Assist: Reposition

A-Skill: Atk/Def Bond 3

B-Skill: Guard

C-Skill: Spur Attack 3

Seal: Flashing Blade

He is lvl 40+2

13 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Another novel thing you can do is quad-smoke. Atk Smoke from 4* Kaze in the C-slot, plus the Spd Smoke seal and you have -7 to all enemy stats in a 2 tile radius.

Wow that sounds like fun!

Now onto a second conundrum.

Which IV/build is better for Hero King Marth?

I'm running a +Spd HKM and while doubles are nice are there any builds that make him a really nasty to dragons that so much as wiff a single attack?

Edited by TheSilentChloey

18 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

+Spd/-Def IV

Not sure assist

Native special

Desperation 3 B

I do not recommend using her as a Player Phase nuke due to her abysmal Atk and low Def. She is better off as a Enemy Phase tank to counter offensive mages in my opinion.

+Res Merge+10 Dragonflowers+0
Felicia's Plate [special]Felicia's Plate [Res]
(Any Assist)
Glacies (with special Refinement) — Iceberg (with Res Refinement)
Fort Def/Res
Dull Ranged
(Any C)
Fortress Res

I am assuming foes are fully merged, fully Dragonflowered, and most run Atk/Spd Solo. Red skill set can kill some things during Enemy Phase, but will die to Celica, Tailtiu, SF!Nino, and RR!Veronica who can crack Felicia's Res with Luna. Blue skill set can tank a little better, but will still die to Tailtiu and RR!Veronica. Both skill sets need buffs to work. For practical purposes though, Felicia can tank most of those nukes too since Atk/Spd Solo is pretty rare and most are not Dragonflowered.

Enemies:

Spoiler

ENEMIES - CUSTOM LIST  
Celica (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Ragnarok  
Special: Luna  
A: Atk Spd Solo 3  
B: Desperation 3  
S: Flashing Blade 3  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Ishtar (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Mjolnir  

Tailtiu (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Tome Of Thoron  
Upgrade Path: 5  

Lewyn (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Forseti  
Special: Moonbow  
B: Special Spiral 3  

Ophelia (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Missiletainn  
Special: Blazing Wind  
A: Life and Death 3  
S: Hardy Bearing 3  

Camilla (A) (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
Weapon: Book Of Dreams  
C: Goad Fliers  
S: Darting Blow 3  

Veronica (RR) (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Vedrfolnir's Egg  
S: Heavy Blade 3  

Nino (SF) (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Giga Excalibur  

Camilla (SS) (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Blarraven+  
C: Hone Fliers  

Eirika (SM) (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
Weapon: Gleipnir  

Reinhardt (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Dire Thunder  
A: Death Blow 4  
B: Daggerbreaker 3  
C: Goad Cavalry  
S: Attack 3  

16 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

I want to invest into Rutger more, but I'm having trouble building him. Since I already have heavily invested into Soleil, I want to differentiate him by making him more of a mixed phase bruiser. That being said, I'm not sure if my current build is optimal.

Hide contents

Weapon: Slaying Edge (+Def)

Assist: Reposition

A-Skill: Atk/Def Bond 3

B-Skill: Guard

C-Skill: Spur Attack 3

Seal: Flashing Blade

He is lvl 40+2

I recommend having him focus on either Player Phase or Enemy Phase, and not dual phase. His Atk is too low to be effective on Player Phase without a dedicated Player Phase build. I do not recommend Bond skills for Player Phase or mixed phase units because those units often need to break formation on Player Phase to attack, rendering Bonds useless.

Spd Tank
Slaying Edge [Spd]
(Any Assist)
Bonfire
(Any A that boosts Spd/Def)
Quick Riposte — Guard
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Spd, Def, or Spd/Def) — Quick Riposte

Nuke
Slaying Edge [Spd]
Repostion
Moonbow
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd)

If you still want to turn him into a dual phase unit and you are only using him in low difficulty modes (Arena and Arena Assault are okay, but probably not Abyssal and definitely not Aether Raids), you can probably get away with using Bonds for dual phase units. I would get rid of Flashing Blade though since 39 Spd is too slow to be reliable.

Slaying Edge [Spd] — Slaying Edge [Def]
(Any Assist)
Bonfire
Atk/Def Bond
Guard
(Any C)
Atk/Def Bond — Atk/Spd Bond

39 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Which IV/build is better for Hero King Marth?

I'm running a +Spd HKM and while doubles are nice are there any builds that make him a really nasty to dragons that so much as wiff a single attack?

If you want him to overkill dragons with two blows, then you can just have him copy Reinhardt with +Atk, Moonbow, Deathblow, and Heavy Blade/Quickened Pulse. Keep in mind that specializing him against dragons makes him worse against everyone else, as he will lack the Spd to perform doubles and prevent foes' doubles.

42 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not recommend using her as a Player Phase nuke due to her abysmal Atk and low Def. She is better off as a Enemy Phase tank to counter offensive mages in my opinion.

+Res Merge+10 Dragonflowers+0
Felicia's Plate [special]Felicia's Plate [Res]
(Any Assist)
Glacies (with special Refinement) — Iceberg (with Res Refinement)
Fort Def/Res
Dull Ranged
(Any C)
Fortress Res

I am assuming foes are fully merged, fully Dragonflowered, and most run Atk/Spd Solo. Red skill set can kill some things during Enemy Phase, but will die to Celica, Tailtiu, SF!Nino, and RR!Veronica who can crack Felicia's Res with Luna. Blue skill set can tank a little better, but will still die to Tailtiu and RR!Veronica. Both skill sets need buffs to work. For practical purposes though, Felicia can tank most of those nukes too since Atk/Spd Solo is pretty rare and most are not Dragonflowered.

Enemies:

Reveal hidden contents

ENEMIES - CUSTOM LIST  
Celica (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Ragnarok  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Ishtar (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Mjolnir  

Tailtiu (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Tome Of Thoron  
Upgrade Path: 5  

Lewyn (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Forseti  

Ophelia (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Missiletainn  
Special: Blazing Wind  
A: Life and Death 3  
S: Hardy Bearing 3  

Camilla (A) (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
Weapon: Book Of Dreams  
C: Goad Fliers  

Veronica (RR) (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Vedrfolnir's Egg  

Nino (SF) (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Giga Excalibur  

Camilla (SS) (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Blarraven+  
C: Hone Fliers  

Eirika (SM) (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
Weapon: Gleipnir  

Reinhardt (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Dire Thunder  
A: Death Blow 4  
B: Daggerbreaker 3  
C: Goad Cavalry  
S: Attack 3  

I recommend having him focus on either Player Phase or Enemy Phase, and not dual phase. His Atk is too low to be effective on Player Phase without a dedicated Player Phase build. I do not recommend Bond skills for Player Phase or mixed phase units because those units often need to break formation on Player Phase to attack, rendering Bonds useless.

Spd Tank
Slaying Edge [Spd]
(Any Assist)
Bonfire
(Any A that boosts Spd/Def)
Quick Riposte — Guard
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Spd, Def, or Spd/Def) — Quick Riposte

Nuke
Slaying Edge [Spd]
Repostion
Moonbow
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd)

If you still want to turn him into a dual phase unit and you are only using him in low difficulty modes (Arena and Arena Assault are okay, but probably not Abyssal and definitely not Aether Raids), you can probably get away with using Bonds for dual phase units. I would get rid of Flashing Blade though since 39 Spd is too slow to be reliable.

Slaying Edge [Spd] — Slaying Edge [Def]
(Any Assist)
Bonfire
Atk/Def Bond
Guard
(Any C)
Atk/Def Bond — Atk/Spd Bond

If you want him to overkill dragons with two blows, then you can just have him copy Reinhardt with +Atk, Moonbow, Deathblow, and Heavy Blade/Quickened Pulse. Keep in mind that specializing him against dragons makes him worse against everyone else, as he will lack the Spd to perform doubles and prevent foes' doubles.

So basically keep his +Spd and let him wreck dragons by doubling them?

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So basically keep his +Spd and let him wreck dragons by doubling them?

HK!Marth always doubles dragons anyway due to his Binding Shield (basically Dragonbreaker), unless enemy dragon runs Swordbreaker or something and then that just devolves into a basic Spd race that HK!Marth usually wins. The +Spd is mostly there for fighting non dragons, such as Ayra or Raven.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got a Karla off the Wrath banner and I wanna give my +10 Selena a new skill though not sure whether or not to inherit Even Spd Wave or Wrath

4 hours ago, Ottservia said:

So I just got a Karla off the Wrath banner and I wanna give my +10 Selena a new skill though not sure whether or not to inherit Even Spd Wave or Wrath

Depends on what you want Selena to do.

Assuming Odd Spd Wave is out as a Sacred Seal, that means Selena will always have Spd +6 which is pretty nice.

Wrath is a little more complicated.

Player Phase units with decent Spd want Desperation more than anything on their B slot, so the only Player Phase unit who can utilize it well is Lyn. DW!Mareeta can also use it if you can consistently get her HP to be between 50% HP and 75% HP, but that is kind of tricky. Alternatively, you can give it to a Brave nuke so they can spam Moonbow without Heavy Blade, but getting them to be below 75% HP without dying can be tricky too. You can also pair Wrath with Slaying-Moonbow to turn a unit into a one shot nuke, but Selena's Atk is kind of low so I am not sure how effective that would be; you can also run a stronger Special like Luna, but that means the unit will have to sit around doing nothing waiting for their Special to charge, which is not always ideal.

Wrath-Quick Riposte can theoretically be used on Enemy Phase tanks to increase their damage output, but that does not actually always work since the tank is also more likely to die on the second hit or be doubled without defensive B skills and Sacred Seals.