Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

8 hours ago, Hilda said:

fully upgrade Bolttower and work from there.

The bolt tower! How could I not have seen that. Wonderful!

Yeah, I might start something. The timing even kind of helps me here. I just need to think about which position is the best, are teams overall tending to be more of the left middle or right middle... I think they tend to put them more on the left side from what I recall.. So 3rd Column would be ok I guess. 

I just need to look out if There are any Dumas. I think I can manage testing one team around her and see what works. I can first use them if I just feel save and be more daring later. 

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Good luck then! I wouldn't mind getting her myself one day. 

Thanks! Of course I also consider just the other Heroes beside her. But it will take around 4 months anyway for now I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have a +Def M!Robin and was wondering if he would be a good candidate for Rouse Atk/Def from Edelgard (in conjunction with Atk/Def Solo 3 should I pull another unit who has it).  Or are ther others who would make good use of Rouse Atk/Def?

33 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I have a +Def M!Robin and was wondering if he would be a good candidate for Rouse Atk/Def from Edelgard (in conjunction with Atk/Def Solo 3 should I pull another unit who has it).  Or are ther others who would make good use of Rouse Atk/Def?

Being a +Def mage, I assume his primary usage is as an enemy phase tank and in that situation it'd probably be more beneficial for him to remain in a tight formation when baiting the enemy. Solo skills would be much better suited to units who would step out of formation to attack the enemy, then get left there to potentially tank return fire from the surviving enemies. The Rouse skill works in conjunction with that to ensure they're still buffed on the next player phase and can carry on killing.

10 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

9 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Being a +Def mage, I assume his primary usage is as an enemy phase tank and in that situation it'd probably be more beneficial for him to remain in a tight formation when baiting the enemy. Solo skills would be much better suited to units who would step out of formation to attack the enemy, then get left there to potentially tank return fire from the surviving enemies. The Rouse skill works in conjunction with that to ensure they're still buffed on the next player phase and can carry on killing.

I do not think Enemy Phase tanks needs tight adjacent formation, as it depends on the unit and mode (adjacent Enemy Phase formation is difficult to use in Aether Raids for example, although Bonds may or may not change that), but being able to work in any formation would be ideal.

Solo-Rouse is best used on independent units who can double on any phase (either via high Spd or guaranteed doubles) since they do not have the support of close allies to buff them or take them out of enemy range. Other than Edelgard, units with 2+ range movement and guaranteed doubles include Ephraim with Flame Siegmund, LL!Ephraim, Dimitri, Hríd, Keaton (Meister), WOT!Reinhardt (Meister), and Yune. Units with Solo type Weapons/skills are also good candidates as they also generally have high Spd, such as GR!Eirika, DW!F!Corrin, DW!Y!Tiki, and Hilda.

For M!Robin, Solo-Rouse is not bad if he just used for Aether Raids, but if you are going to use him in other modes too, then Solo-Rouse limits his tactical options and you will have to spend more resources to get him another A skill.

Edited by XRay

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Here's another M!Robin question: would Null C-Disrupt be a good B-skill for him? I've got Bow Breaker in as a placeholder for right now, but I was think it'd be useful if I'm using him as a colorless counter. He has Brazen Atk/Def as his A and Drive Spd as his C. 

Null C-Disrupt is only necessary if you need to wipe out a Firesweep nuke immediately. Personally, I do not think taking out Firesweep nukes is worth the B slot since their damage output is already gimped and not that great. In my opinion, they are only threatening if they slip past your front line to damage your back line. If you have trouble keeping your back line safe, Null C-Disrupt might be worth it. If your backline does not any safety issues, it is better to make M!Robin tankier with a better B slot.

I also strongly discourage using Brazens as an A skill for tanks. Tanks cannot afford to lose HP just to increase their Def. Brazens are good on Player Phase and Counter-Vantage units, but they are horrible on Enemy Phase units.

Edited by XRay

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I got a Fanlivia who is -Atk is her weapon or skills worth inheritance or is she better off as a space for the barracks?

Dancers/Singers are always worth it in my opinion. Their combat potential honestly does not matter too much since they ideally should not have to face combat. I would keep her around even if you are not a Player Phase player because you never know when you need an extra Dancer/Singer for things like Arena Assault.

On 10/5/2019 at 2:56 PM, XRay said:

Dancers/Singers are always worth it in my opinion. Their combat potential honestly does not matter too much since they ideally should not have to face combat. I would keep her around even if you are not a Player Phase player because you never know when you need an extra Dancer/Singer for things like Arena Assault.

While I appreciate the response, I don't do modes like AA aside from using a weak level one team and I don't have a tone of use for dancers/singers.  So to me she's not actually worth keeping around.  Also I have VS!Azura as the main dancer.

So are Fanlivia's skills worthwhile inheritance or not?

12 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

While I appreciate the response, I don't do modes like AA aside from using a weak level one team and I don't have a tone of use for dancers/singers.  So to me she's not actually worth keeping around.  Also I have VS!Azura as the main dancer.

why don't you do AA?

anyway - minus atk singers are good for AI purposes because they won't ever atk, they'll always just dance. 
if not, you could give bracing stance to a unit who has DC in their weapon (or chill spd ot someone). 

29 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

why don't you do AA?

anyway - minus atk singers are good for AI purposes because they won't ever atk, they'll always just dance. 
if not, you could give bracing stance to a unit who has DC in their weapon (or chill spd ot someone). 

AA to me is a waste of time and not worth the effort.

54 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

The only skill worth inheriting is Distant Def, so if you get Caineghis in the future, you can get Distant Def 4 and either Vengeful Fighter or Distant Guard.

However, if you are thinking about max investment, Stance-Lull is a better combination than Def-Guard. In my opinion, instead of giving Distant Def to your best or primary tank, I would give it to your secondary or more niche tanks who you do not plan to invest in too heavily.

Def-Guard shuts down buffs from melee enemies or ranged enemies, but not both, so I do not think it is well rounded enough for a primary tank. Guard also has an HP requirement that becomes inactive after going under 80% HP.

On the other hand, Stance-Lull does not have an HP requirement for its Guard effect, and while it only negates half the buffs, it applies to all enemies. Tanks also really only need to negate Atk buffs and either Spd buffs or Def/Res buffs, not all buffs. Lulls also apply a small in-combat debuff on the enemy too.

So for example, if you have Felicia but you do not care about investing too much into her, I would give her Distant Def and Guard. However, if you do like Felicia and she is one of your primary tanks, I would not give her Distant Def; instead, I would give her Warding Stance and Lull Atk/Spd.

10 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

You get Sacred Coins, Refining Stones, and Feathers. It does not take a ton of resources nor effort to get into the top 30,000. In the top 30,000, you get 50% more Coins and Stones and more than 300% more Feathers compared to the bottom rank.

Edited by XRay

11 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

not being sarcastic - but it must be really nice to have so many feathers, coins and rocks that you find AA a waste of time. i'm almost always needing those.

34 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

not being sarcastic - but it must be really nice to have so many feathers, coins and rocks that you find AA a waste of time. i'm almost always needing those.

As I am, I just can't be bothered to do AA.  It doesn't appeal to me, and the less that is said of it the better, especially since I've been falling off heroes for some time now.

I'm actually wondering if the playerbase in general is falling off from doing AA. Used to feel that taking my average team worth 720ish would have no chance of getting top 10km, especially as I score like, 12 bonus points per run. But the last couple of weeks I've actually managed rank 7-8k.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

I'm actually wondering if the playerbase in general is falling off from doing AA. Used to feel that taking my average team worth 720ish would have no chance of getting top 10km, especially as I score like, 12 bonus points per run. But the last couple of weeks I've actually managed rank 7-8k.

Probably. I used to land in the top 20,000 every week, almost reaching top 10,000 and occasionally did. Now I land in top 10,000 almost every week.

Edited by XRay

15 hours ago, Humanoid said:

i used to place top 5000 or higher, but i stoped doing AA. I only do 1 battle for basic reward. AA is just too long and tedious and not fun for 7 straight plays, especially when you consider that at the 750 range you encounter allways the same Teams every... fucking time... (meaning Armorers/Dragons to no end).

I wish they would shorten it to 3-4 consucetiv battles. If you could do a break in between i would prolly do AA again, but not in one sitting. Its just tedious.

I still do Arena because i can take a break after every battle if i wish to and it doesnt take much time because you are running the same team you started with and not assembling a new one after every battle.

Edited by Hilda
misstyped

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

i used to place top 5000 or higher, but i stoped doing AA. I only do 1 battle for basic reward. AA is just too long and tedious and not fun for 7 straight plays, especially when you consider that at the 750 range you encounter allways the same Teams every... fucking time... (meaning Armorers/Dragons to no end).

I wish they would shorten it to 3-4 consucetiv battles. If you could do a break in between i would prolly do AA again, but not in one sitting. Its just tedious.

I still do Arena because i can take a break after every battle if i wish to and it doesnt take much time because you are running the same team you started with and not assembling a new one after every battle.

Facing the same enemies over and over is good thing rather than a bad thing in my opinion. You know how to counter them, so you just need to Bless your counters and sort by Blessing.

I agree that assembling a new team over and over is a bit of a hassle, but sort by Blessing helps a lot. I always use a Firesweep archer and at least one Dancer/Singer, and locating them is not particularly difficult once you sort by Blessing. I feel most of the hassle comes from picking the two other units since it does take a little bit of thinking, but it is not too bad since I just pick color counters.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Facing the same enemies over and over is good thing rather than a bad thing in my opinion. You know how to counter them, so you just need to Bless your counters and sort by Blessing.

I agree that assembling a new team over and over is a bit of a hassle, but sort by Blessing helps a lot. I always use a Firesweep archer and at least one Dancer/Singer, and locating them is not particularly difficult once you sort by Blessing. I feel most of the hassle comes from picking the two other units since it does take a little bit of thinking, but it is not too bad since I just pick color counters.

Thats not the main issue. It just takes extra time. The main issue is 7 battles in a row, without a break.

Tbh i rather have 3-4 battles (not in a row) where i gace different enemies/types

• 2 weeks later...

I'm building a +Spd Morgan and was wondering what a good budget substitute for CC would be.  He's obviously going to get CC/Vantage with Moonbow for his special.  So are there any specific skills that are budget that will do until he can get Close Counter?

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm building a +Spd Morgan and was wondering what a good budget substitute for CC would be.  He's obviously going to get CC/Vantage with Moonbow for his special.  So are there any specific skills that are budget that will do until he can get Close Counter?

If you are going for Counter-Vantage, you want to use +Atk, so I recommend switching to that Asset as soon as possible. +Spd does not help the unit once in Vantage range. You generally want non Atk stats to be visibly low enough so the unit can avoid Chills and Shrines.

For a cheap substitute A skill, I recommend Brazen Atk/Def from Ares. The most important stat to a Counter-Vantage unit is Atk, and you want to jack that stat up as high as possible.

• 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Had the good fortune to pick up Tsubasa on my first draw and Blade Session looks like a pretty great skill. +9 atk and spd isn't something to sneeze at. Granted it's not always +9, but I feel it wont be difficult to get the most out of it in a lot of battles. Any suggestions for alternative users of it?

Might want to ask here.

In my opinion, the best user of Blade Session would be a Wings of Mercy unit on a defense team. It can be a Dancer/Singer or Galeforcer or any nuke. If you want a fast Desperation nuke for your Wings of Mercy unit, I recommend Summer Returns Laegjarn or Lewyn since they have it built into their Weapon and it works while they have high HP.

In player hands, I would just run Life and Death or Swift Sparrow for better consistency. Swift Sparrow is also getting more and more common; Brave Echoes Eliwood and Queen of Valentia Celica has it.

Edited by XRay

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

Might want to ask here.

In my opinion, the best user of Blade Session would be a Wings of Mercy unit on a defense team. It can be a Dancer/Singer or Galeforcer or any nuke. If you want a fast Desperation nuke for your Wings of Mercy unit, I recommend Summer Returns Laegjarn or Lewyn since they have it built into their Weapon and it works while they have high HP.

In player hands, I would just run Life and Death or Swift Sparrow for better consistency. Swift Sparrow is also getting more and more common; Brave Echoes Eliwood and Queen of Valentia Celica has it.

Ah yes. This thread does seem to be the place tailored especially for my question.

• 1 month later...

Got two +Spd Legendary Chroms. Merged them to get rid of the bane, but no idea how I should build him as 30 base speed is an awkward number to work with. I wanted to keep pulling for a different IV but after the 5th Azura and 4th Julia I'm done lol.

Any ideas on a build for him? I don't mind some premium fodder suggestions though budget builds are welcome as well.

1 hour ago, Holla99 said:

Got two +Spd Legendary Chroms. Merged them to get rid of the bane, but no idea how I should build him as 30 base speed is an awkward number to work with. I wanted to keep pulling for a different IV but after the 5th Azura and 4th Julia I'm done lol.

Any ideas on a build for him? I don't mind some premium fodder suggestions though budget builds are welcome as well.

For Enemy Phase, his default build is fine. Just give him Bonfire and put Quick Riposte on his Sacred Seal slot. If you are worried about Panic, put Atk Smoke or Pulse smoke on his C slot instead.

If you want to go Player Phase, he can go slow Brave:
Brave Bow
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow
Lull Atk/Def
(Any C)
Sturdy Blow — Heavy Blade

Since he is +Spd, he can also do fast Brave:
Brave Bow
Reposition
Luna
Brazen Atk/Spd — (Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd — (Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)
While any A that boosts Atk/Spd should work, since he is kind of slow, I strongly recommend Brazen Atk/Spd 4 over other A skills. Similarly, I strongly recommend Brazen Atk/Spd over other Sacred Seals. Once in Desperation range, at +Spd+1 with Hone Spd, that is 46 Spd; at +10+5, that is 51 Spd.

Firesweep is also an option.
Firesweep Bow
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky — Luna
Life and Death
Poison Strike — Lull Spd/Def — Chill Def
(Any C) — Savage Blow — Def Smoke
Swift Sparrow
At +Spd+1 with Hone Spd, he can reach 48 Spd. At +10+5, that is 53 Spd.