Why does everyone love Eirika ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Irysa said:

She has a vagina.

Quality answer. I personally like her enough to get her to level 20 before the route split. But that means I take Ephraim's route after the split to get him caught up. Tied with her brother for my third favorite Lord.

Not sure where you got the notion that "everyone likes Eirika", but I do. I mean, she's not the most dynamic character in the world, but I like her. It helps that she doesn't have the spotlight totally robbed from her by her bro, whereas pretty much every other female lord gets the shaft one way or another.

I'll be honest and say I like her at least in part because I can't stand the way people lionize Ephraim and constantly have to put Eirika down to do so. I'm kind of tepid on Ephraim as a whole (as I am towards pretty much all the "manly" lords aside from Hector), so having a female lord who doesn't have to play second banana to a character I don't care for is nice.

2 hours ago, epilepsyduck said:

Not sure where you got the notion that "everyone likes Eirika",

Well she's the 6th more popular female character according to the fire emblem heroes event that nintendo have made before the release of Heroes so if it's not "everybody" it still make a lot of people. 

Eirika is actually human, has flaws and overcomes them. Through her we see the pros and cons of kindness in a time of war. She actually feels developed and not some player-fantasy badass like half the lords in the series. When she has her badass moments (like her speech to the Demon King in Endgame) they feel much more earned as a result.

58 minutes ago, Gnous said:

Well she's the 6th more popular female character according to the fire emblem heroes event that nintendo have made before the release of Heroes so if it's not "everybody" it still make a lot of people. 

Fair enough.

14 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Eirika is actually human, has flaws and overcomes them. Through her we see the pros and cons of kindness in a time of war. She actually feels developed and not some player-fantasy badass like half the lords in the series. When she has her badass moments (like her speech to the Demon King in Endgame) they feel much more earned as a result.

6 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

But people also like her as a relatable character.

Simply because at one point, in one subject or another, we have been her. Whether we like to admit it or not.

To err is human, after all.

Personally, my main gripe with her is her giving the Sacred Stone away... in spite of the fact that L'Arachel told her that it wouldn't work. If she didn't know it wouldn't work, I'd be "meh, that's pretty bad, but forgivable", but the way it is, I can't help but see it as facepalm worthy.

On 3/22/2017 at 10:03 AM, epilepsyduck said:

Not sure where you got the notion that "everyone likes Eirika", but I do. I mean, she's not the most dynamic character in the world, but I like her. It helps that she doesn't have the spotlight totally robbed from her by her bro, whereas pretty much every other female lord gets the shaft one way or another.

I'll be honest and say I like her at least in part because I can't stand the way people lionize Ephraim and constantly have to put Eirika down to do so. I'm kind of tepid on Ephraim as a whole (as I am towards pretty much all the "manly" lords aside from Hector), so having a female lord who doesn't have to play second banana to a character I don't care for is nice.

There's Celica, though as was stated earlier, it's more that neither she nor Alm would've been able to get the job done alone.

On 3/17/2017 at 11:44 AM, Gustavos said:

Nostalgia. The first attractive anime face the (presumably male) player sees as he boots up the game. And for us "old fans", you either started with this game or 7 so that Lyn would take or share your favorite place. It helps that both of these get their own 9-10 chapters as the protagonist. Eirika would get a bad rep in terms of writing if she were in a modern game (not as bad a rep as her brother), but again, nostalgia. She's definitely a low tier in terms of gameplay alongside Gilliam, Knoll, and Tethys, but low tier in SS still means "viable, but keep some stat boosters on hand".

Bold: Funny you say that, because I do consider her poorly written (though that might have more to do with me being terrible at holding back, as well as being iffy with Sacred Stones' story and writing in general). To be fair, she does have her good moments, like in chapter 6, but then I remember that one moment from chapter 18, and... yeah.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• 3 weeks later...

Im new to FESS.

From the beginning i didnt even lvl her so that the exp can go to other characters, until i reached the first arena where i maxed them all. :D

I just picked up her brother, i like him !!

On 12/4/2017 at 0:41 PM, vazful said:

Im new to FESS.

From the beginning i didnt even lvl her so that the exp can go to other characters, until i reached the first arena where i maxed them all. :D

I just picked up her brother, i like him !!

So you're basically saying you didn't level up a un-promoted level 1 character (which is the main lord and needs to be deployed at least in the first 8 chapters, mind you) so you can give experience to an Oifey archetype that doesn't need the earlygame experience? And then when you reached the first arena you maxed them all, making an easy game even easier?

...Wow.

On 4/13/2017 at 9:02 PM, CrystalPoke said:

And then when you reached the first arena you maxed them all, making an easy game even easier?

I was actually thinking of doing that if I ever played SS again.

I think people are drawn to how selfless and humble she is. 

No, wait, did I just say that? It's definitely the fact that she's waifu material.

On 4/23/2017 at 1:03 AM, Corncake said:

Do people actually like Erika? 

I think she's alright, personally

I like Eirika, very much.  She also won 6th for girls in Choose Your Legends (11th overall), and was able to curbstomp Elise in the Voting Gauntlet, so I can't be the only one.

She was okay to me. She was relate-able but didn't really do much actually earn my favor. She didn't have the charisma or grand cause that made me feel like she was an actual leader for the majority of the game. It just seemed like people were fighting for her since she was just the princess. I can forgive her for the stone thing. L'arachel isn't exactly the most mentally grounded person so I'm sure some of the stuff she says would normally be met with skepticism compared to her friend that she doesn't know exactly how possessed he is. I actually felt it was dumber that Eph tried to fight Lyon by himself with the stone that I'm not even sure he knew how to use properly.

In all honestly, FE8 didn't stick with me that much and it's one of the worlds that I feel least attached to. I may have liked her more if I felt more attached to the game as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't really say why I like her because I don't. She reminds me too much of Micaiah another character I don't like. Ephraim I do like, for starters he's the only lord to wield a lance which is pretty cool. He's sure of himself, he knows where he wants to go and how he's going to get there. At the same time he can adapt to a situation just like that and still be just as sure of himself when the Wyvern knight Valter pops up after Ephraim invaded a fort he was like "This is what we're doing men and we're doing it now. Let's move!" He doesn't lean or rely on anyone for his decisions he's a man who makes his own decisions but he also doesn't disregard sound council or advice either.

Personally, her and Eliwood always felt like Marth in a different setting to me. And I'm not a big fan of Marth. Corrin also fits this bill, but more like Marth being written into a story that makes no sense.

I wouldn't particularly say I dislike any of the three, but they just aren't my cup of tea.

I guess I could elaborate a little. But all of them kinda blend into that "I feel so bad for everyone and everything, oh the horrors of war". 

Edited by Cornguy

1 hour ago, Generic_Enemy_Knight_#??? said:

To quote one of my favourite people: "I just really like girls" - Yoko Taro.

fitting since eirika and 2b have the same voice actress

As a character, I'm sorry but she's written to be an idiot. Eirika has been told up to 3 times that Lyon is gone and she still hands the stone over. Hell, I think one of those times was the demon king himself bragging about how thoroughly doomed Lyon's situation was.

Other than that, she's not bad as a character I guess.

As a unit, 'meh' fits her. Before promotion, she's a slightly worse Joshua, and probably a slightly better Marisa, which isn't saying much. She's locked to swords, which does her few favors when lance-wielders are as common as they are in sacred stones compared to axe-wielding enemies combined with her frailty, as well as a lack of a ranged option until Rausten. She becomes notable after getting on a horse with her sacred weapon.

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

• 2 weeks later...

I played Sacred Stones only once so I can't exactly remember all that much of her character (as such it seems the moment she gave Lyon the stone didn't strike me as entirely idiotic) but her naïveté really did give me this "cute but rather tiring" feeling, so I get where you're coming from.

However, I distinctly remember liking Eirika. For one she's a female character - and that might just be me, but that's already a good thing in my book. Like many said before, her personality and her realistic growth also gave me something to get attached to. I tend to like characters who act upon their feelings, even if it means I get to sit down and watch something frustratingly annoying happen once in a while, because I do stupid things just by acting on what I feel myself. As long as I could relate to her (i.e. the whole game), I felt connected to her and it made me want to continue to see how her story ends.

She was naïve and was one day suddenly thrown into war. For what it's worth, she did a pretty good job at managing a party with this lack of experience and I respect that a lot.