Fire Emblem: Beginnings; An FE Game Idea I Have Had For a While

vanguard333

I am sure many of us (if not all of us) are familiar with Marth and how Shadow Dragon and its sequel, to an extent, (note, by Shadow Dragon, I mean both the original and the remake) had a rather minimalist plot. That being said, we know that Marth's indirect ancestor, Anri, defeated Medeus and the Dohlr Empire 100 years before the events of Shadow Dragon, and we know of some other characters who were around at that time, including the following: Anri's brother Marcelus, Cartas who became king of Archanea, Cartas' brother Marlon who became king of Aurelis, Ordwin: a soldier who founded the kingdom of Grust, and Iote: slave-turned-rebel against the Dohlr Empire who would become the first king of Macedon.

With this and what little was revealed about each of these characters in mind, I had an idea for a Fire Emblem game that took place 100 years before the story of Marth. The story would follow three protagonists down their initially separate routes: Anri, Iote, and Cartas, and all three would have unique classes: Anri would be the typical swordsman lord (though a peasant; quite ironically), Iote would ride a wyvern (one idea I had was that he could dismount the wyvern and the wyvern could fight as a separate unit), and I hadn't decided in the case of Cartas; likely some form of cavalry unit. It would also feature the other listed characters as well as a young Wendell (and/or a young Wrys) as playable characters. The story would help answer a lot of questions left unanswered by the thin plot of Marth's games.

What do you think?

Edited by vanguard333

Eh, I personally think Marth/Akaneia's story is done. I think its best to just leave Marth and all of that in the past, much like how FF never really revisited FF1's world. No reason to, its all wrapped up. Maybe its because I never really cared for Marth or his kingdom, but I would rather that all be left in the past.

I've always liked the idea of FE sidestory games fleshing out the legendary heroes mentioned and built up as amazing in the games themselves, but of course never seen in the current game time - my go-to choice was always the Twelve Crusaders of Jugdral, just because of the amount of story and character already within the characters and the world itself.

But yeah, I definitely wouldn't be opposed to the idea of Archanea Heroes, so long as we got the proper deep characterization and worldbuilding stuff. The fact that we know so little about the characters means we'd have a lot of freedom in how to write them, within a few limits of course (Anri pining for Artemis, the like).

In every fanbase for a given game, there are fans who wish the mythological backstories provided became their own games. 

It. Never. Happens.

Well, almost never at least. The mythological backstories exist as accessories (well, pretty important accessories) to the actual events of the game.

I'm not exactly opposed to it, I'm just outlining a reality.

My personal choice for a never happening thing would be a Magvel prequel, seeing how we don't even have the names of three of the five legendary heroes. That lack of detail means that while Grado and Latona can serve as poster boys who get much of the visible in advertising limelight, the three unnamed heroes could be left in the dark. As we play the game, we could be surprised by who ends up being the legends. Imagine that we get a strong guy who we totally think has to be the Jehanna legend, but surprise! They die and a pathetic nobody in the shadow of the expected hero ends up developing into the true legend of Jehanna.