Locking Weapons to Specific Class [Solved]

nightgale

How would I go about locking certain weapons to a specific class in a Fire Emblem 7 mod? For example, the game locks the Wo Dao to the Myrmidon and Swordmaster class. How would I lock the Longbow to only the Archer and Sniper class? 

Edited by nightgale
Solved

Give the bow a particular weapon lock ability (like Forblaze, Wo Dao, etc), then give Archers and Snipers the class ability that unlocks the weapon lock you assigned.
You'll need the Item Editor and Class Editor Nightmare modules for this.

Edited by Primefusion

I do see an "Unused Weapon Lock" ability at 0x08. I also see a "Dragon Stone weapon lock," and Dragon Stones are not a thing in Fire Emblem 7. Are these free to use for any weapon to class association? 

Are there other instances of Weapon Lock in Weapon Abilities? Which ones are safe to use? They are not labeled, so it is difficult to tell what they do.

Yeah, they are free. I don't remember any of the weapon locks being bugged. Personally I gave the Wao Do one to snipers on the account that snipers don't use swords so they can't use the Wao Do and vice versa. It also gives Lyndis a bit of a perk to be able to use both Wao Do and Longbows. 

Okay, that is interesting to know.

What I am trying to do might be a bit more complicated though than locking a Longbow to a Sniper. I am trying to do a Fire, Thunder, Wind split in Anima magic by defining new classes Fire Mage, Thunder Mage, Wind Mage. I think this should work in theory using the Dragon Stone, Unused Weapon Lock, and Wo Dao for them respectively. The Valkyrie class will be switched to Light Magic. 

The only issue I potentially see is Athos. In this case, would it even be possible for him to use all types of Anima magic if it is locked to certain classes? 

If you want Athos to be able to use all three weapon locks, add the ability numbers to together.

Let's say your Fire lock has a value of 0x0B, Thunder 0x0C, and Wind 0x0D. 0x0B + 0x0C + 0x0D = 0x24. Give Athos the ability numbered 0x24 and he should be able to access all three.

On 3/18/2017 at 5:55 PM, Primefusion said:

If you want Athos to be able to use all three weapon locks, add the ability numbers to together.

Let's say your Fire lock has a value of 0x0B, Thunder 0x0C, and Wind 0x0D. 0x0B + 0x0C + 0x0D = 0x24. Give Athos the ability numbered 0x24 and he should be able to access all three.

Chiming in to say that this will work.

• 2 months later...

I want to revisit this topic, because I ran into an issue with the Dragon Stone Weapon Lock. For some reason, this particular weapon lock will not display the weapon stats that is normally displayed via help (see screenshot). The Wo Dao and Unused Weapon Lock work perfectly fine. Does anyone know if there is another weapon lock that also works here that will fix the issue OR is there a way to make it so Dragon Stone Weapon Lock displays help? 

DragonstoneWeaponLock.png.8599881ea30148de20a9c0c88dd18624.png

I actually found and read a Wiki note on Weapon Locks for Fire Emblem 6, 7, 8. Reference here: http://femodding.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Lock_Notes.

I found a note that called out the dragonstone issue I am experiencing:

A small note, any weapon locked with the Dragonstone/Monster weapon lock won't display Might, Hit, Weight, and Crit. It seems to be hardcoded to work this way. This limits you to six (two for FE6) weapon locks unless you want this effect.

I also see that Fire Emblem 7 has weapon lock features for Rapier/Durandal, Mani Katti/Sol Katti, Wolf Beil/Armads, and Forblaze; however, I am not seeing this under Weapon Ability 3 in Nightmare. I do see there are locks to specific characters in Weapon Ability 4 though. How would I utilize the "Forblaze" weapon lock to apply to specific classes (Fire Mage, Fire Sage, and Archsage) instead of only having it locked to Athos?