Keep or Nah?

Ewwgene

I am thinking of creating a new F2P and was thinking of getting Ninian/Azura and Jaffar for a start and i am very happy with the result. But unfortunately the boon/bane aren't really great. 

So my question is, now that the skill inheritance has been implemented, will boon/bane still affect the game play as much as before?

As i don't intend to spend any more gems until ike banner is release, i need to reroll a team that can carry me all the way. Especially the upcoming hero battles.

Boon/Bane

Jaffar (+def -res)

Ninian (+atk -hp)

Karel (+atk -res)

Rebecca (+def -atk)

Untitled.png

Edited by Ewwgene

1 minute ago, Ewwgene said:

im sorry what isn't in game?

Nah? there is actually a game term for it??

Nah is a character from Awakening lol.

I don't think you need to be that upset about Bane/Boons. You're never gonna get the perfect rolls every single time.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nah is a character from Awakening lol.

I don't think you need to be that upset about Bane/Boons. You're never gonna get the perfect rolls every single time.

Well you are right but no harm aiming for a good rolls since re-roll is free xD

By the way i updated a new re-roll which is slightly better.

But do you think this startup is strong enough for the upcoming hero battle?

Don't intend to spend anymore gems until Ike banner is release. So i will have to make do with what i have now.

Edited by Ewwgene

28 minutes ago, Ewwgene said:

Well you are right but no harm aiming for a good rolls since re-roll is free xD

By the way i updated a new re-roll which is slightly better.

But do you think this startup is strong enough for the upcoming hero battle?

Don't intend to spend anymore gems until Ike banner is release. So i will have to make do with what i have now.

Ninian's Bane/Boon doesn't matter, but Rebecca's is horrible lol. Rebecca is terrible to begin with anyway, though, I guess. Karel's is probably the second-best combo for him? Jaffar's basically does nothing.

I don't work at IS, so I don't know what the next Grand Hero Battle looks like. But if they're continuing the trend seen in the Ursula one, then simply having multiple 5*s won't let you brute force your way through them, unless you happen to have just the right ones. On the other hand, even a bunch of free 3* units managed to clear the map with some strategy. So really, if you're just talking about story chapters and Grand Hero Battles, none of what you're doing actually matters.

First off, I would argue IVs matter now more than ever with skill inheritance.  Before, you would use a unit with bad stats because of their skills.  Now, things are a lot more stat dependent because you can always give them good skills (except some of the unique skills). 

That beings said, I would say rerolling isn't worth it.  I think its more important to get the units you want in as few orbs as possible so you can stockpile a lot of orbs for future focus.

11 minutes ago, Lushen said:

First off, I would argue IVs matter now more than ever with skill inheritance.  Before, you would use a unit with bad stats because of their skills.  Now, things are a lot more stat dependent because you can always give them good skills (except some of the unique skills). 

That beings said, I would say rerolling isn't worth it.  I think its more important to get the units you want in as few orbs as possible so you can stockpile a lot of orbs for future focus.

True. You're always going to have something that you don't have.

Rerolling is important at the beginning to ensure you start off on the right foot, but there's not much point after you've been playing for a few weeks.

Stockpiling is pretty important, and that's what I'm doing. Well over 150 orbs now from the new giveaways.

I think it's a little easier for us hardcore fans because we already know what characters we're definitely going to want. I'd advise perusing some of the characters sections of the wiki to make a wishlist of characters you know you're going to want in advance.

Add to that the fact that you've got four five stars, and you should be good. Your team isn't super balanced, but with a dancer you can actually get around that. I'd say that you need to focus on either rolling green for a while or promoting Raven to balance out. Once you do that you should be all set. All you need is four good units.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Dude look how many frickin' 5*s you got in so few rolls, are you frickin' nuts?? Keep them! Rebecca's the only one that seems particularly bad to ME ~___x

5 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Dude look how many frickin' 5*s you got in so few rolls, are you frickin' nuts?? Keep them! Rebecca's the only one that seems particularly bad to ME ~___x

Quality > Quantity :(

Managed to get another Jaffar +Ninian pulls with good IV for jaffar. but from what i read, Jaffar is not a good unit because of his stat. D:

12 hours ago, Mister Cold said:

Nah isn't in the game yet, so keep it. 

Came here to make Nah joke, and like 3 people beat me to it.

Karel looks to have a decent Nature, only Rebecca's is really bad, -Atk will kill just about every unit, except Healers.

27 minutes ago, Ewwgene said:

Quality > Quantity :(

Managed to get another Jaffar +Ninian pulls with good IV for jaffar. but from what i read, Jaffar is not a good unit because of his stat. D:

suit yourself dude ~___~ Set your expectations too high and you'll never be happy, though. You're rolling F2P after all, right? Besides, what I'm saying is you've got both quality AND quantity. I was riding through the game on ONE 5* (yes, after rerolls), I'd have killed for that kind of luck lol. But whatever, man.

IDK if this is really the best focus to be super picky with, though. I mean, you got Karel, Ninian, and Jaffar, who are probably like the best three from the focus, and Karel seems really good, so.... -shrugggg-

Edited by BANRYU

10 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ninian's Bane/Boon doesn't matter, but Rebecca's is horrible lol. Rebecca is terrible to begin with anyway, though, I guess. Karel's is probably the second-best combo for him? Jaffar's basically does nothing.

Rebecca? Terrible??? DENTAL PLAN?!?!

Seriously, am I missing something. Or this the thing where people base a character's ranking on one-shotting Hector at 20/20 instead of basing on their actual, overall performance.

Screenshot_2017-03-17-23-25-42.png

55 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Seriously, am I missing something. Or this the thing where people base a character's ranking on one-shotting Hector at 20/20 instead of basing on their actual, overall performance.

Screenshot_2017-03-17-23-25-42.png

Not really, Rebecca just has a lack of firepower. Compared to the likes of Klein, Takumi, Jeorge and even Gordin, she doesn't have what it takes to just simply kill most things. Against mages, she can kill some of them via doubling, but she's gonna take some heavy damage in return. She is built to chip out one-range units and seal their offense, as well as support the frontline with Ardent Sacrifice, but that sort of backline support is a little bit too slow for this game with small maps. You can sorta fix these things through skill inheritance, but her low Attack still stands out.