Who to promote and re-class options to consider

Hi again

So I'm making another post which will be more general and that I may update regularly. Still at chapter 9 and got a number of level 20 units or units who can be up for promotion. Personally I am someone who prefers to get units to promote when they have reached the highest level, but it seems you have to be a bit more open minded about that with this game due to  prominence of skills and re-classing and the effects of the latter on stats and experience. So atm I have the following units up for possible promotion and just wondering who at the moment should be considered priority:

Donnel (Mercenary lvl 12)- HP-44, Strength-Capped at 27, Magic-8, Skill-26, Spd-Capped at 25, Luck-Capped at 33, Defence-22, Resistance-8

Cordelia - HP-37, Strength-16, Magic-5, Skill-21, Spd 19 (+2skill), Luck-14, Defence-16, Resistance-13

Sumia lvl 15- HP-29, Strength-10, Magic-6, Skill-18, Spd-21 (+2skill), Luck-13, Defence-9, Resistance-12

Sully- HP-32,  Strength-18, Magic-4, Skill-24, Spd-22, Luck-14, Defence-14, Resistance-8

Stahl - HP- 39, Strength-17, Magic-0, Skill-15, Spd-19, Luck-17, Defence-24, Resistance-4

Kellam- HP-36, Strength-22, Magic-1, Skill-18, Spd-10, Luck-6, Defence 21 (+2 skill), Resistance-11

Lon'qu Lvl 17-HP-31, Strength-16, Magic-2, Skill-20, Spd-26, Luck-14, Defence-8, Resistance-5

Chrom lvl 17- HP-34, Strength-16, Magic-3, Skill-18, Spd-19, Luck-18, Defence-17

Robin- HP-33, Strength-16, Magic-21, Skill-12, Spd-18, Luck-9, Defence-13, Resistance-10

Ricken- HP-34, Strength-4, Magic-15, Skill-15, Spd,13, Luck-20, Defence-13, Resistance-10

I currently have 2 Master Seals and 1 Second Seal. I have already decided to make Sully a Paladin, Stahl a Great Knight, Donnel a Hero and Ricken a Dark Knight in any case, with Lon'qu probably becoming a Swordmaster. And I would think Kellam probably would be better as a General. Don't know what to make of Cordelia and Sumia.

5 hours ago, Shin-KazenoKen said:

Because of the galeforce skill right? Which of the units above would you recommend promoting first considering where I'm at?

Yeah. Depends, What level is Cordelia? Because Sumia still has five more level ups.

I really wanna know, why did you feel the need to grind most of your party to 20? Because most of my units are only around level 10 or so during that point in the game. Also, what difficulty are you playing on?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

On 3/17/2017 at 9:04 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I really wanna know, why did you feel the need to grind most of your party to 20? Because most of my units are only around level 10 or so during that point in the game. Also, what difficulty are you playing on?

Didn't really feel the need, it more or less kind of happened because of battles with risen, me fighting some of the spot pass teams and the fact I desperately needed gold and wanted to explore the compatibility between units and the support bonuses they give each other. Also because I wanted to see how viable Donnel is as a unit for myself. Classic Hard Mode

Edited by Shin-KazenoKen

On 3/17/2017 at 8:09 PM, Sage of Ylisse said:

Yeah. Depends, What level is Cordelia? Because Sumia still has five more level ups.

Well she's been at level 20, and I just got Sumia to that level as well recently. as of now the differences are as follows

HP-+5 in cordelia's favour

Strength +2 in cordelia's favour

Magic +1 in sumia's favour

Skill +1 in sumia's favour

Speed +6 in Sumia's favour

Luck +2 in sumia's favour

Defence +7 in Cordelia's favour

Resistance +2 in Sumia's favour

On March 21, 2017 at 2:28 AM, Shin-KazenoKen said:

Well she's been at level 20, and I just got Sumia to that level as well recently. as of now the differences are as follows

HP-+5 in cordelia's favour

Strength +2 in cordelia's favour

Magic +1 in sumia's favour

Skill +1 in sumia's favour

Speed +6 in Sumia's favour

Luck +2 in sumia's favour

Defence +7 in Cordelia's favour

Resistance +2 in Sumia's favour

That isn't enough info to compare with - I need both of their stats to compare.

On March 21, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Sage of Ylisse said:

Again, both should be dark fliers to start with so that way it does allow for another move for Attacking. OR depending on how the reclasses go. Attack and heal a unit in need.

Personally, I think Galeforce isn't all it's cracked up to be outside of postgame.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

17 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Personally, I think Galeforce isn't all it's cracked up to be outside of postgame.

Honestly, I think the same thing as well. Just pointing out that is it a useful skill to have be it equipped or simply sitting in the skill list.

On 3/23/2017 at 6:04 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That isn't enough info to compare with - I need both of their stats to compare.

Cordelia, HP-37, Strength-16, Magic-5, Skill-21, Spd 19 (+2skill), Luck-14, Defence-16, Resistance-13

Sumia, HP-32 Strength-14, Magic-6 Skill-22, Speed-23(+2 skill) Luck-16, Defence-9, Resistance-15

In the end decided to go Falcon Knight Route for Cordelia and Dark Flier for Sumia based on their growths. Will reclass both of them once they get to level 15 to get galeforce and lancefaire respectively.