It is Saint Patrick's Day my dudes...

I'm probably one of the few people not in Ireland who actually knows the origins of Saint Patrick's day (and I'm only 1/6 Irish, if that).

Edited by The DanMan

Happy St. Patricks Day to all the other Irish people on this site! I hope you enjoy seeing the 8 year old GAA teams leading the parade going through your town and then watch America put on the biggest show for the day in NYC!

I have honestly have come to hate St. Patricks day... After living in a university town for 5 years, you just get really annoyed at the stupid fucks who look for an excuse to drink all day. Can't take a bus after 12:00 pm, because they are all being used up by smelly, puky drunk people... And then at night, there is drunk people running around the building or going on roofs and being douchebags in the streets.

To those that are Irish, happy St. Patricks day. I don't actually know how Irish treat this or why today is a special day for them. To everyone else, don't use today as an excuse to drink the whole day, what are you children? If you want to drink, drink. You don't need a god damn excuse.

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!

1 hour ago, SlayerX said:

I have honestly have come to hate St. Patricks day... After living in a university town for 5 years, you just get really annoyed at the stupid fucks who look for an excuse to drink all day. Can't take a bus after 12:00 pm, because they are all being used up by smelly, puky drunk people... And then at night, there is drunk people running around the building or going on roofs and being douchebags in the streets.

To those that are Irish, happy St. Patricks day. I don't actually know how Irish treat this or why today is a special day for them. To everyone else, don't use today as an excuse to drink the whole day, what are you children? If you want to drink, drink. You don't need a god damn excuse.

It's marking the day St. Patrick died, the person who introduced Christianity to Ireland.

And yeah, people here do use it as an excuse for alcohol, but at least we put on some nice parades.

2 hours ago, SlayerX said:

To everyone else, don't use today as an excuse to drink the whole day, what are you children? If you want to drink, drink. You don't need a god damn excuse.

AMEN! People do that with Cinco de Mayo too and it's stupid.

I just wear green on this day and that's it.

I hate St. Patrick's Day so much.

Maybe it;s just where I'm from in Ireland, but the parade is always shit, it;s the same every year and it disturbs everything going on, which isn't helped by the fact my town is pretty small. 

I also find it hilarious how other countries seem to take St. Patrick's Day way more seriously.

Another thing I hate is anyone who isn't Irish calling it Paddy's Day, but say it like Patty. It's not 'Patty' it's Paddy, P-A-D-D-Y, not T-T. Sorry it just annoys me so much, plz stop.

/rant over