Common names FE has not used yet

Corrobin

Lemme just say my own name: Elsa. There hasn't been an Elsa so far, right? Feels like I should know about it if that's the case. I'll drop some more common (Swedish) names here, starting with the female ones, feel free to debunk them if you want to:

Maja

Ella

Ebba

Wilma

Saga

Agnes

Molly / Mollie

Linnea (Linna, Lina) (If you squint you can turn this into Linn and from there into Lyn, but eh.)

Selma

Nora

Ronja (Ronyah, Ronya)

Emelie / Emilia

And for the boys...

Ludvig (although there is Ludveck. It sounds hilarious pronounced like that in Swedish though, it's like "fluff crease/fold")

Melvin

Albin

Josef / Joseph

(I used this list to check the most common names for newborn children in Sweden 2016. As a substitute teacher, I've been around schools a lot the past year and can confirm that most of these names are very common ones.)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, lollipopocoaster said:

Lemme just say my own name: Elsa. There hasn't been an Elsa so far, right? Feels like I should know about it if that's the case. I'll drop some more common (Swedish) names here, starting with the female ones, feel free to debunk them if you want to:

Maja

Ella

Ebba

Wilma

Saga

Agnes

Molly / Mollie

Linnea (Linna, Lina) (If you squint you can turn this into Linn and from there into Lyn, but eh.)

Selma

Nora

Ronja (Ronyah, Ronya)

Emelie / Emilia

And for the boys...

Ludvig (although there is Ludveck. It sounds hilarious pronounced like that in Swedish though, it's like "fluff crease/fold")

Melvin

Albin

Josef / Joseph

(I used this list to check the most common names for newborn children in Sweden 2016. As a substitute teacher, I've been around schools a lot the past year and can confirm that most of these names are very common ones.)

I have my Sage Elsa guarding Silesia against the Zaxon's Pegasus Knights and Beige Ritters.

On 21/03/2017 at 3:43 AM, Anacybele said:

Zane

Like Zane/Zyne/Zain the boss of genealogy

10 hours ago, lollipopocoaster said:

Albin

does Alva/Alba (the bro of Cain (not that one, the forgotten in Tharcia) count?

Edited by Guill0

If I remember correctly, Kamui is used for two different characters (once in Gaiden and again in Fates), so using different variants of the same name is not too bad. Of course, I would love to see the name Tim used for some magic user.

Helmut would be a fun name, as would Olga or Helga. 

Because I have the maturity of an 8-year-old, I would suggest names like Woody or Johnson (like the owner of the New York Jets, Woody Johnson) as well as Pico for you Chileans. (I have terrible ideas).

How about Number 59 Bus Shelter?  That's a name. Somewhere.

Or Kid.

Pirate

North (West)

Ordette

Brobdingnagian

Sodren

Chance

Bethany

Edith

Dolly

I know these aren't common, but there are so many names, that even IS recycles them.  Granted, most of the kaga games are fan translated, but still.  If there are so many names to choose from, why re-use them when a game may be remade?  Then you'll need to rename them to avoid confusion and it seems weird and unnecessary.

Honestly, how about Bill, Charlie, Ronald, and possibly Ginevra (depends if you think Guinivere is close enough).

I just find it kind of cool we got a George (actually spelled Jeorge, but close enough) in FE1, a Percy in FE6, and a Fred in FE13- all at the start of a fresh era, all things considering. Maybe Bill, Charlie and Ron will be slowly eked out following.

Speaking of that reference, I don't think there's a Harry. There's a character who's almost called Hermione (Hermina, FE4), and there isn't even a Harry? The closest we got was a Harold, and that was changed into Arthur over here.

22 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Honestly, how about Bill, Charlie, Ronald, and possibly Ginevra (depends if you think Guinivere is close enough).

I just find it kind of cool we got a George (actually spelled Jeorge, but close enough) in FE1, a Percy in FE6, and a Fred in FE13- all at the start of a fresh era, all things considering. Maybe Bill, Charlie and Ron will be slowly eked out following.

Speaking of that reference, I don't think there's a Harry. There's a character who's almost called Hermione (Hermina, FE4), and there isn't even a Harry? The closest we got was a Harold, and that was changed into Arthur over here.

There is another Harold Harold

Huh, interesting topic idea. Think we could collect all the eligible names so far and put them in the op? Just so people don't end up repeating ones that are already suggested?

Anyway I'll throw my own name out there. Cillian. Pretty popular where I'm from but disappointingly unpopular in popculture. I'v only envountered one fictional character with the name (Cillian Jones from Once Upon A Time).

Few more.

Terry

Gary

Jamie

Sarah (though we have had Serra)

Edited by Jotari

5 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Well, if you consider that Harry is usually a nickname for Henry, then Henry from Awakening covers Harry. :)

Same for Bill (variant of Will).

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

@Jotari There's a Sara in FE5.

I'd actually consider Serra closer to Sarah than Sara is despite the latter having almost exactly the same spelling. When I see Sara I can't help but think it's pronounced Sa-ra while Sarah is Ser-ah. Though I have of course seen cases where people presume otherwise.

Edited by Jotari

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'd actually consider Serra closer to Sarah than Sara is despite the latter having almost exactly the same spelling. When I see Sara I can't help but think it's pronounced Sa-ra while Sarah is Ser-ah. Though I have of course seen cases where people presume otherwise.

I had a pair of IRL friends (at the same time) called Sara and Sarah, and they were pronounced identically.

Going to insert my name Chandler.

other names I am thinking of that aren't in FE

Colby, Madison, Chloe, That is pretty much all I can think of really and even with those I may be wrong on some

• 2 weeks later...

I will find throw my name into the mix:

Alana

Other names:

Crystal

Rafe

Ewan

Nathaniel 

Matt(hew)

Ann

Duncan

Kari

Diego

Charles

Bryony

Roderick

Jonathan

Karen

Liam

Aidan

Kay

Tony

Wendy

Van

Mara

Lyra

Carly

Allen

Lauren

Nate

Luke

Colette

Just now, phoenixmiko said:

Ewan

Matt(hew)

Wendy

Allen

these definitely happened 

maybe more of those but these are all i'm aware of out of those

18 minutes ago, phoenixmiko said:

Roderick

Luke

Along with what unique pointed out, Roderick and Luke are characters from MotE.

Edited by CancerTurtle

ah shit I knew there was a luke somewhere

is roderick rody's full name though or is there actually a roderick somewhere

Edited by unique

2 hours ago, unique said:

ah shit I knew there was a luke somewhere

is roderick rody's full name though or is there actually a roderick somewhere

Roderick is Rody's English name, according to fireemblem.wikia

On 3/29/2017 at 3:20 AM, Jotari said:

Gary

I would have said Gareth the red dragon from RD, but apparently they have different origins.

On 3/31/2017 at 6:23 AM, Lethakitty said:

Going to insert my name Chandler.

Could that name be any more obscure?

On 4/9/2017 at 11:51 AM, Corrobin said:

Estelle

Est is the best tho.

Estelle is a TRS character if that counts