See this is how they get you....

kcirrot

So I haven't spent any money since launch.  But after a couple of days of my family begging me for money for various stupid crap, I decided to waste my money on myself for a change.  :lol:

So I went to Target (they have a sale on Itunes and Google play cards) and bought some Itunes cards and then 75 orbs in the game.  My plan was to do four summons and see if I got anything good.

First role on a colorless - 5 star Jaffar.  Hmm...  One of the ones I'm looking for.  OK cool, but I still have all these orbs so screw it, I'll keep rolling.

I go through a full summon, a few four starts inheritance fodder.  Then I start another full summon.  First roll:  5 star Jeorge.  

So yeah.  Knowing how quick your luck can turn, I stopped.  Will wait for the next banner.  These games know how to get you.  I can literally feel the dopamine from those two 5 stars giving me the happy feeling.  While I know all these gatcha/F2P tricks, I know I'm going to be back.  Hopefully, I can wait at least a month again.  :B):  Just needed to (happy) vent.  

I've spent 12 euroos (23 orbs) after wasting 70~ orbs on the Lucina banner. Glad I got her in the end! So I know the feeling! Currently sitting on 70 orbs again and did a summon with mostly 3* units... but I'm going to try and wait it out for a new banner. the % going up is usually getting me though...

Didn't spend a dime

Never will spend a dime

Even if I had a dime;

I simply don't have the time, to spend a dime. In fact, if I had the time to spend a dime, I still wouldn't spend a dime.

The game is free, so I'll play it for free. They'll never get to me! I refuse to be persuaded! I refuse to be compromised! I'm not afraid! To take a stand!

Good for you though ;)

Edited by Arcanite

Congrats :D

I'm mostly F2P, but I blew some money to get my boy Ephraim back during the Family Bonds banner and the original waifu Ninian. I might be tempted to for Ike when he eventually comes out though.

I'm mostly f2p but I throw the occasional bit of money here and there (and more last one trying to get a five star unit - but I thankfully got the one I wanted most). 

I've decided to be strong and not pull on the current banner to save up on some orbs for when one of my many favourites come out (although the temptation for Karel and Jaffar is high). I'm already missing the rush -.-

I'm still F2P as the 2 units that I was willing to spend money to get were handed to me shortly after their banner dropped. In Ephraim's case, I got him just 5 minutes after the update before I could even consider spending money. It's almost as if the game doesn't want me to become a whale.

13 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Still pure F2P; currently got 369 Orbs piled up; gained 415 lifetime Orbs total. Still waiting on CYL Lyn to drop into the game.

Jeeeez I can't even imagine having that kind of patience. Props to you!

4 hours ago, kcirrot said:

So I went to Target (they have a sale on Itunes and Google play cards) and bought some Itunes cards and then 75 orbs in the game.  My plan was to do four summons and see if I got anything good.

Do they sell those on sale ever?  I thought they were basically gift certificates, and didn't know they ever went on sale.  I'll have to check out Target tomorrow, to see what they're selling for.

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Jeeeez I can't even imagine having that kind of patience. Props to you!

It's a double-edged sword:

+ I can go on a huge summoning spree if I want to. Of course, I'll do a pull if I somehow piled 999 Orbs (max possible a player can have at a time) just so that future free orbs don't go to waste.

- I have a small roster size, making certain maps (ie. Chapter 8 and 9 on Lunatic, Grand Hero Battle maps) a struggle if not impossible to do. Some quests are literally impossible for me to attempt simply because I don't have the units available.

Spoiler

SQrrMzj.png

mAbVM2b.png

Edited by Roflolxp54

After spending the orbs you get from the Normal Campaign (and a few from the Hard one), the Family Side Quest and Special Maps I only got one 5* unit, Roy.

So I decided to spend money for the Siblings Banner. First pull = 2 Kleins. On the princes and princesses Banner I got Lucina, Eirika and Ephraim. 

Spent for Nino, got her, Effie, Setsuna and Camilla on the way. Till that point, I thought that I had the money well spent.

But this week I tried to get Ninian (should have stopped after Cilla) and after using my orbs I bought more for around 80$ (but not in a single purchase), all gone and no Ninian. (Could have used the cash to get myself a Zelda Limited Edition)

So after some awesome pulls I really got the feeling that I can buy my luck, which resulted in a total waste of money. One reason is, that your odds get higher if you don't pull a 5*, so you tell yourself that some more pulls will do it.

But I'm finished with spending money on the game. I will enjoy it and if Fortuna wants it, then I will pull Ninian or Azura another day. 

16 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Do they sell those on sale ever?  I thought they were basically gift certificates, and didn't know they ever went on sale.  I'll have to check out Target tomorrow, to see what they're selling for.

They go on sale all the time.  Target often runs a 'buy one, get one 20% off' sale.  Which works out to a 10% discount.  

You're right they are basically gift certificates, but there are still deals to be had.  And since you get to spend the full face value you save a bit.

59 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

They go on sale all the time.  Target often runs a 'buy one, get one 20% off' sale.  Which works out to a 10% discount.  

You're right they are basically gift certificates, but there are still deals to be had.  And since you get to spend the full face value you save a bit.

I'll have to keep an eye out for those.  That would be an actual discount for Orbs for a change, unlike the Orb packs they sell now, which actually go up in price for certain amounts.

4 hours ago, kcirrot said:

I'll keep this in mind.  I'm still on the broke side, but every little bit helps!

That being said, I'm F2P for the forseeable future, unless someone gives me a gift card.  Probably won't pull again from this banner, since the 5* count reset, and my pull luck isn't weighted towards 5* units.

Edited by eclipse