Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Fly_or_Die said:

Do you think bookmark data will work for this map? I'm up by 715 but busy, so I wondering if I could just start the map and then finish it later.

alright so i was pretty sure there's actually something in the game about what happens if you start the map and don't finish it until afterwards so I checked the ursula battle and it says

"If the battle is started prior to the end of the event, you may stop playing and then later resume the battle using bookmark data until 3/16/17 at 2:59 AM"

If the battle is started prior to the end of the event but not cleared until after 3/17/17 at 2:59 AM, you will not get Ursula: Blue Crow as an ally."

the ursula battle lasted until the 14th, so it'll probably work. i'd say it's at least worth a try

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

They could always do one for both.

I have no idea why they couldn't start it with the daily reset. Wouldn't it be more favourable for those across the pond?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I have no idea why they couldn't start it with the daily reset. Wouldn't it be more favourable for those across the pond?

The daily reset is at 2:00 AM for me.  It's hard to find an hour that works for everybody, but if it's going to be a world-wide game, they could try doing a couple different time slots.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The daily reset is at 2:00 AM for me.  It's hard to find an hour that works for everybody, but if it's going to be a world-wide game, they could try doing a couple different time slots.

Yep, daily resets are 4am for me... and I have college tomorrow, oh well x_x 

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You silly antipodes, that's all I have to say. Why is the Blue Marble so huge?

The game resets at midnight for me. Before daylight savings, it used to be 11 pm.

I'm one of the weird people who is okay with the challenge being at 4 am instead of 6 am. I'm usually awake at 4 am, but I need to be in bed and asleep by the time 6 am rolls around (or else I can't sleep at all).

I prefer the challenge timing as it is now, as I may have lessons during the update time period. The time period is set as such as it will be around the time when most players are home from work and school in Japan. Conveniently, my time zone is only 1 hour behind Japan so I'll be free to play it.

Gods. I don't think I can pull an all nighter for this >_< 

What I don't get is rather than a 45min grand battle, why not have one that lasts about 6-12 hours? That way everyone's time zone would work out. Sure, I get that the point of this is "urgency", but really, what is the point of running this event worldwide when a good portion of players won't be awake to even acknowledge it?

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

You silly antipodes, that's all I have to say. Why is the Blue Marble so huge?

More importantly, "Why does the Blue Marble have a back side?" Even if we made our marble smaller, the other side would still be half a day off.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

More importantly, "Why does the Blue Marble have a back side?" Even if we made our marble smaller, the other side would still be half a day off.

Yeah, I fail analogies forever.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Japan is closer to the size of California or Montana than Rhode Island, but bad things would probably still happen.

At least, this was the absolute first thing that came to mind the moment I saw that post.

He wants us to live there. The problems there come from wanting to leave once we're done.

The problems you're looking for involve no one being responsible for getting resources Japan can't produce (mining, agriculture...)

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

He wants us to live there. The problems there come from wanting to leave once we're done.

The problems you're looking for involve no one being responsible for getting resources Japan can't produce (mining, agriculture...)

Japan cannot feed 7.5 billion people. Whether or not we want to leave, bad things will happen.

Whether or not he meant just this community or the entire world doesn't matter. That was the first thing that came to mind, and I'm stickin' to it.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Japan cannot feed 7.5 billion people. Whether or not we want to leave, bad things will happen.

Whether or not he meant just this community or the entire world doesn't matter. That was the first thing that came to mind, and I'm stickin' to it.

I know. I was supporting that. Randall was just concerned with the 'leaving' part.

The entire community moving to Japan? How many of us are there, anyway?

At any rate, aside from Europe's nice time, Australia is also virtually on top of Japan's time. The big problem is that, between the threee general timezones, there's no real universal sweetspot. Australia also has seasonal components to worry about.

2 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Gods. I don't think I can pull an all nighter for this >_< 

What I don't get is rather than a 45min grand battle, why not have one that lasts about 6-12 hours? That way everyone's time zone would work out. Sure, I get that the point of this is "urgency", but really, what is the point of running this event worldwide when a good portion of players won't be awake to even acknowledge it?

Yeah, I think it would have been better to give a bigger window, and just raise the number of people required for the special reward. It sucks for people in other time zones and/or have work to do. Then again I don't think they care about the non-Japan time zones since it's 2 hours till the event starts and they never even mentioned it on our in-game message board, nor any non-Japanese social media channels.